PDA

View Full Version : Custom walls and buildings

Wolfentir
10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Will we at any point be able to choose where to place walls and buldings?

I don't expect to be able to build huge castles spanning whole maps, but maybe limit the building area to a certain size (eg. map is divided into 10 squares and we can build a castle 2 squares big) and then allow us to configure our own walls and buildings.

Also, you could limit the amount of stone or wood we can use to build walls (to prevent 10 rows of walls ) but let us design walls and their positioning.

Maybe something similar to Stronghold series of games? I think this would help replayibility a lot.

Safey18
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Don't see this happening anytime soon as the game wasn't designed to allow for wall customuzation like this. If you want different walls just use a different race or build in a different zone xD

andreicde
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Will we at any point be able to choose where to place walls and buldings?

I don't expect to be able to build huge castles spanning whole maps, but maybe limit the building area to a certain size (eg. map is divided into 10 squares and we can build a castle 2 squares big) and then allow us to configure our own walls and buildings.

Also, you could limit the amount of stone or wood we can use to build walls (to prevent 10 rows of walls ) but let us design walls and their positioning.

Maybe something similar to Stronghold series of games? I think this would help replayibility a lot.

nope,the only race capable of placing buildings where they want are Orcs.

Magicmud83
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
nope,the only race capable of placing buildings where they want are Orcs.

Not as great as it sounds rly we just get to do it because we dont have horse carts but drop off buildings. Being able to make custom walls would be great, atm I cant fit all my orcs in my desert base without the standing on each other due to the limited space in it.

chanman20
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
meh yeah i guess it would be cool but im fine not being able to do it i would like for them to fix some bugs and work on pvp and do the allaince/guild before this would be done

nuraiel
10-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Completly custom walls and buildings sound good but a bit far fetched for me, although I have to agree it lacks some customization as of now.

Maybe a compromise (at a later point, as I am sure the devs have their hands full right now) would be the abilitiy to pick different texture setting (e.g. whiteish stone, weathered castle, dark stone etc.) and offer 3 or 4 choices to pick from concerning the layout of the walls.
Add the possibility to pick your colour and eventually a crest like in Homeworld or DoW and you have already quite some options without having to rewrite everything to allow building yourself.