PDA

View Full Version : Floating wall due to building a catapult too early.

Defilus
10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
I am currently busy building my heavy wooden walls and decided to build catapults on the walls right away while other wall segments were still being build. What I didn't know was that one of those places where I built a catapult was actually going to serve as a path to a tower on a cliff. because my catapult was there, the wall got lifted into the air and is now floating above the ground as if it was build on top of a wall. I am unable to drop this wall back into it's normal position so I am wondering if one of the devs has the tools to drop it back where it belongs, while at the same time looking at the bug. Unfortunately every screenshot I am trying to make ifailed but I hope my description is good enough.

My ingame name is Defilus aswell and I am playing with the forest Orcs.

EDIT: It's possible to put troops on the tower on that cliff now that the orcs are done building all the wall parts at that side of the fort so this is purely a graphical bug.

Alex Walz
10-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Hmm, thanks for the report. I don't think we will be able to fix it for your particular homeland, but we will look into the source of the problem - haven't heard of anything like that happening before.

BrandungsFels
10-10-2011, 07:04 AM
something similar happened to me as well, so basically iam now just trying to avoid touching anything until the walls are ready :)

but i tried it with 2 cities - both cities had completely asymmetric (walkways leading into walls, towers floating, gateways being built shut by walls) walls when i erased them :>

White935
10-10-2011, 07:08 AM
can you use a catapult to destroy your own wall section perhaps? then have it rebuilt.

Defilus
10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
can you use a catapult to destroy your own wall section perhaps? then have it rebuilt.
I tried that but it seems I can't damage it with my own catapult. xD

Valkyrie
10-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I tried that but it seems I can't damage it with my own catapult. xD

hmm.. strange, i could kill my own **** with my trebs. specialy before that patch that made trebs crazy just auto shooting everything they saw.

White935
10-10-2011, 08:16 AM
at worst you'll just have to ask the guy who sieges you if he could kindly destroy that wall section <.<

Valkyrie
10-10-2011, 08:41 AM
at worst you'll just have to ask the guy who sieges you if he could kindly destroy that wall section <.<

Hai there, dear sir. Could you please blast a hole my wall over there before you start raining down destruction on my village?

sounds funny :)