PDA

View Full Version : PvP

Safey18
10-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Well first off I love PvP in this game and if it ran smoothly I would do it ALL the time. Every one of my games is laggy and jumpy in that it takes atleast 3 tries to select units which also effects the other player. 60% of the time this results in the game syncing out after 2-3 mins. So does anyone else experience this or is it just because I live in Australia, quite a distance from the server and most other people... Quests run perfectly smooth and I have all my graphics options on as low as they can go. Just curious how PvP is for others. Thanks!

macamus
10-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Here is the errors I frequently get in PvP

-Failed to connect to other player timed out

-Out of sync

-Disconnections

-Getting stuck in PvP matcher

-Other player spawning with 0 units (happens to me ALOT) but I never spawned with 0 units myself

-Killing other player completely but not getting the victory pop (I know this happens when people brings hero since he just "faints" and never dies) but it happens when there is no hero present as well.

-No control over my units abilities, formations or stances there just simply is nothing where thoose options are supposed to be

-Incredibl lagspikes and stuttering where units takes 2 steps front 1 step back the entire fight

I really really enjoy the PvP in this game whenever it works. So its a real shame that there is so incredibly many different errors waiting just around the corner. If it aint that one its the other one....

Safey18
10-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Hmmm ok well its not only me then. What country do you live in by the way? I get that 2 steps forward 1 step back 90% of my games ><

Morteunious
10-08-2011, 12:47 PM
PvP is practically none-functional for me, all the issues described above are typical of every pvp match I've been in.

Taking multiple attempts to select a unit, having to issue a command 3-4 times before its acknowledged (thats if the unit ever decides to listen.) On the rare occasion when I can get my units to move I'll receive an out of sync error and half the time it'll still end in a crash.

What I find kind of odd is that a few pvp matchs the opposing force didn't seem to suffer from any of these bugs. My army would sit at its starting point completely unresponsive while my opponent would walk right up with 40 archer units and wipe out my entire force. I've lost a couple armies this way. Were bugs not so prevalent I might suspect hack programs of some kind.

As an ancillary effect the game is none-playable for me. Questing battles and sieges still work fine but anytime I move to the world map someone starts a pvp match which eventually leads to a crash of some kind.

macamus
10-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I live in Norway

The odd thing is that sometimes I can get like 4-5 smooth fights in a row. Then suddenly I try maybe 10 times and it all goes to hell.

From launch day until wednesday I tried to get into pvp alot but I didnt get a single successfull fight. But then suddenly it started working every now and then but I keep hitting more and more bugs and annoying things now :/

chanman20
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
i do have a few of those problems myself but most of my pvp fights run ok i mean i do have a little lag but its not to bad

Magicmud83
10-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Havent had 1 fight without a problem and the lag is so so so bad i've stopped pvping. I can play Shogun 2 with very high setting with np but cant even pvp here on low without my guys doing the 2-step.

Safey18
10-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I was starting to think it was just me as everyone I PvP seems to complain about how laggy I am. Oh well this will become smoother with time hopefully. Man bug free PvP will be so beast in this game xD