PDA

View Full Version : Subfactions

The Witch King of Angmar
11-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Can you Reverie guys please expound on the subfactions that you posted screens of a while ago and how you go about getting them. For example, is there a benefit to getting them?

Thanks

Andy Joslin
11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
A sub-race is chosen by the player when he sets up his homecity (kind of like a character in an MMORPG), after choosing a race. What do you mean 'get'? We listed some of the benefits of the various locations you can choose for your race earlier, but not all of them. And no, I can't say anything more specific about bonuses.

Oh, also, each sub-race has a different location on the world map. I think you could find these yourself by comparing our released world map with the MMORTS showcase location names.

Generation
11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
psst get some videos btw and don't spoil the sub-factions for us. I don't like spoils so grandma twist witch's neck so go grandma go go grandma go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Witch King of Angmar
11-14-2008, 05:54 AM
What I meant by 'get' is how you would go about purchasing or acquiring these units. Thanks for answering my other questions.

Andy Joslin
11-14-2008, 09:01 AM
What I meant by 'get' is how you would go about purchasing or acquiring these units. Thanks for answering my other questions.

Can't answer that sorry.

Jean=A=Luc
11-14-2008, 02:37 PM

Buy them from a barracks (unit production building)?

The Witch King of Angmar
11-14-2008, 03:04 PM
But since they vary by region I wouldn't think so and thanks anyway Andy.

Joseph Visscher
11-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Things may change up the road, but for now, sub-factions are primarily contrasted through regional environment differences, and economy and military differences. A small example of this would be for instants, the region of Brakental, a large desert inhabited by Orcs, it lacks a great amount of trees/wood resource, but makes up for it with a larger amount of gold that can be used for other stuff.

aVeron
11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Things may change up the road, but for now, sub-factions are primarily contrasted through regional environment differences, and economy and military differences. A small example of this would be for instants, the region of Brakental, a large desert inhabited by Orcs, it lacks a great amount of trees/wood resource, but makes up for it with a larger amount of gold that can be used for other stuff.

So, one can not tell if it's Wood elves or high elves by just looking at the appearance? there is no difference between them in the visual way, or?

nickson104
11-15-2008, 05:22 AM

A golden fortress? ;) :D

HamsterofDoom
11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
That would be quite cool if each sub race had its separate elite units that convey the regions they come from.

Esculas the Mighty
11-20-2008, 08:38 PM

all the more reason to level the city right!?

sharplion
11-21-2008, 02:18 AM
cool, sounds very interesting

LordSlayer
11-26-2008, 03:36 PM

man that will be hard to remelt into more portable sizes when invaders conquer it and want to bring back the spoils of war, and if they do, they should get alot of gold for it.