PDA

View Full Version : The ORK bug thread (Quests + other)

ThatguyAds1298
10-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Ok so in the hear me out thread it was said we should report these orc bugs in the bug forum, So here it is the orc bug thread, Now every orc should post their problem and bug in this thread so we can keep everything tidy in one place.

A few things that i have encountered that i really am suffering becuase of..

-Orc npc 'krak urnen'will NOT talk to me, Relog / restart does not fix this and you can attack him. I have tried killing them and relogging so he respawns this does not work either. I cannot continue on my quest line anymore and its been like this for a few days. So yes...completely stuck in terms of questing and im not even that far just started,

-Orc 'View army' Areas, These have been crashing us for a long time namely just the orc starting city lands that do this, elf and human work alright.

-Advisor at the orc hut 'sometimes' doesnt respond either and you can attack him, This is fixed via a relog but can get annoying when it occurs.

-*RARE* Sometimes Warg pens spawn only one warg and not a group with near death hp, It spawns the group of wargs but they are individual not a group so when you select em you get about 9 warg 'groups'. Sorry if thats confusing hard to explain, but ive encountered this once so ive put it as rare.

Please all orc players add your bugs / crashes so we can get these fixed :confused:

White935
10-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Bugs: Orc Buildings does not remember your spawn setting (aside from great hut).

Goblin tents: Does not remember your setting to Archer (prowler) it'll reset to meele (raiders) after spawning single unit of prowlers, It does not remember that you disabled spawning either over relogg.

Warg pen: Does not remember you disabling spawning over reset.

War pen: The Mount Slayers/impaler unit construction symbol does not work. the units is constucted but you cant see the timer for when its finished.

macamus
10-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Not totallly sure if I got one of the bugs you listed so I'll just say mine to be sure so we can see if its the same problem

Quest problem: Clicking the questgiver near the grand hut throws the camera in a circling motion like when you normally talk to a NPC, except I dont get a dialogue at all. Tried relogging and exiting the game at least 4-5 times but this does not help :/ so Im stuck. This happend after I defended the orc prince from the mounted NPC army that comes in to kill him.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Orc npc 'krak urnen'will NOT talk to me, Relog / restart does not fix this and you can attack him.
Ok to help you fix this please do the following:

1) Login to your town and try to talk to him, after that exit the game, find Log1.txt file in your main Dawn of Fantasy folder, and attach it with your forum reply

2) What do you mean by will NOT talk to me - does he have a Exclamation point or Question mark above him? Can you select him? Does the cinematic start but no dialogue?

3) Can you please describe in as much details as possible the quests you remember doing last - before this has started to happen. What does it say in your quest log? Is there actually a quest that asks you to talk to Krak?

@ macamus
Could you please answer the same questions - but with regard to your main Adviser - Jentok and also post the logs.

macamus
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
2. He has a exclamation point above his head. I can select him, and when I do the cinematic starts and the camera circles around the NPC and me just like normal, but the dialogue never shows up.

3. I have finished making the War pyre and killed the first army on world ma which I have to deliver to Jentok. The Issue occured right after I defeated the mounted NPC unit that came to kill the Orc prince that came to my settlement so its rather early on in the quest line

ThatguyAds1298
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
1) Login to your town and try to talk to him, after that exit the game, find Log1.txt file in your main Dawn of Fantasy folder, and attach it with your forum reply - Done

2) What do you mean by will NOT talk to me - does he have a Exclamation point or Question mark above him? Can you select him? Does the cinematic start but no dialogue?

-He has a green question mark above his head, i can select him, the cinematic does not start he can be attacked too.

3) Can you please describe in as much details as possible the quests you remember doing last - before this has started to happen. What does it say in your quest log? Is there actually a quest that asks you to talk to Krak?

Ok so im on the quest to talk to krak urnen at the moment hes on my city map, The last quest i did i think was the second time you have to go out your city with an army..gah what was it called... i think it was the one where you have to kill the orc mounted on the warg, And the quest has an 'optional' objective to tame a few ogres in the area to help you.

I am Desert orcs.

I hope that helps... if you need anything else from me let me know, Sorry i didnt give many details earlier.

ThatguyAds1298
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh and i forgot.. the quest im on now is 'Jentokk Karred - Visit Krak urnen'

Magicmud83
10-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Made a full army of goblins today for fun to see how they do but every single time I try'd to pvp with them I would get a conection error even after a few relogs. Made a camp with them later and everytime someone would try to attack them i'd get the same error or it would freeze up. Goblins can't fight on their own or something?

@ThatguyAds1298 I just deleted my old town and started a new one, haven't seen the bug since and farther into the story game now then before. It's a pain but lets you play at least over the weekend unless you have some crown armys you want to hang onto.

Defilus
10-09-2011, 04:50 AM
Bugs:

- Marauders sometimes stop hunting even when there are animals nearby, reclicking "Task to hunting" fixes it but it's annoying.

- When laborers are reassigned to gather somewhere else they tend to return all the way to the building where they used to dump their resources before the reassignment, even when there is a closer hut nearby.

EDIT:
- Labourers randomly stop aswell. just like the Marauders they can be put to work again by just giving them their task again, no relog needed.

- Everytime I relog I have lost some resources. For example my town was full, had to relog because of a bug and when I returned the resources dropped to 2300/5000. Happens everytime.
north
- I am playing orcs --> forest and for some strange reason some lone labourers and sometimes marauders walk to the north corner of the map and then just wander around.

- When I try to turn Impalers and Slayers into Warg riders they do not always come out of the warg pen. I cant check how far they are done due to an other bug but I doubt it takes an hour. Relogging fixes this sometimes but only for those that were put in the pen before the relog. Edit: If it does take that long, then please fix the timer display on the warg pen asap.

(Will update this post with more bugs).

White935
10-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Armor Bug

Playing as Desert Orc, Useing Slayers (noticed it on goblins who's not affected too, so it might be universal) the Bonuses From Formations arnt correctly.

When my orcs goes into "battle stand" and are suposed to gain 20% armor. they LOSE armor. Same with goblins. i presume this is the same with all other units useing battle stand formation. i havnt tested the other formations yet (i need to do the upgrade).

karamot
10-09-2011, 02:26 PM
predators dont show in their portrait range of attack and attack value sometimes

forest orks city wall crap, upgrading some part of it remain palisade while other become fortiticated

another observation, i created rock falling structure beside my gate town, but they are pointed from bad side, graphically seems they will release rocks not under gate, but from hill other side, no sense that should stop battering ham attack, so wrong side showed, cant say if also playing it work

White935
10-09-2011, 03:04 PM
predators dont show in their portrait range of attack and attack value sometimes

forest orks city wall crap, upgrading some part of it remain palisade while other become fortiticated

another observation, i created rock falling structure beside my gate town, but they are pointed from bad side, graphically seems they will release rocks not under gate, but from hill other side, no sense that should stop battering ham attack, so wrong side showed, cant say if also playing it work

The one written in red above is intended. ALL orc CIties has Partial wooden wall and other areas filled with layers of palisades ( 2 or 3) as per design. where you agree with the design or not is a entirely different matter.

White935
10-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Armor bug Continued:

Desert orc:

Minor glitch: Each time i activate the Battle stand With my slayers their armor is reduced by 2.

appears permantent as it lasted throguht a relogging.

White935
10-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Orc formation Issue: Slayer.

Changing formations to Hive stand - Battle stance. then i'm unable to return the unit to "Mob" formation to save stamina. it simply wont go back. (thou changing betwene hive and battle stances is alright). I've replicated this issue several times with several different slayer batallions.

edit: tested with marauders aswell. same issue, if i issue a advanced formaton, then mob formation becomes impossible and the unit will eventually drain up its stamina

White935
10-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Orcish Trait bug: Siege mastery:

The siege mastery is suposed to offer 20% accuracy 20% Range to siege catapults.

but my home produced catapults still have 1850 range (default) While they should have 1850*1.2 = 2220 in range (thus being able to more effectively siege cities)

ThatguyAds1298
10-10-2011, 04:35 AM
I think i found a bug that happened to me when i logged in this morning, my great hut and goblin hut and warg pen were stuck at 100% training progress in my town, And my population cap was at 98/90. Anyway i tested a bit and whenever i free'd up space in town it spawned a new unit of goblins and marauders (Wargs too actually) back to a pop cap of 98/90. This spawned new units every time i free'd up town space below 90 back to 98.

Do the units that should have been trained when your offline que up or something? and spawn when theres space? Either way hope this helps.

I managed to fix this by changing my spawn type back and forth. But my pop cap still keeps going too 98/90

Defilus
10-10-2011, 05:59 AM
I think i found a bug that happened to me when i logged in this morning, my great hut and goblin hut and warg pen were stuck at 100% training progress in my town, And my population cap was at 98/90. Anyway i tested a bit and whenever i free'd up space in town it spawned a new unit of goblins and marauders (Wargs too actually) back to a pop cap of 98/90. This spawned new units every time i free'd up town space below 90 back to 98.

Do the units that should have been trained when your offline que up or something? and spawn when theres space? Either way hope this helps.

I managed to fix this by changing my spawn type back and forth. But my pop cap still keeps going too 98/90
I noticed the same thing and I do believe they are queuing up. I was putting some wargs on the worldmap but it kept spawning new ones until I had like 30 groups of wargs on the world map. Idk about the marauder/labourer spawn because I was getting so tired of the instant spawns that I switched to labourers to restart the timer on them.

Btw, the bug that randomly makes my labourers and marauders stop working is getting really severe now. About half of my labourers seem stop working when after I do a pvp battle.

ThatguyAds1298
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM

Its back it seems i logged in and i got 105/90 population 100% training progreess on both goblin and great hut.

ThatguyAds1298
10-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Just uploaded my log for you.

Defilus
10-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Its back it seems i logged in and i got 105/90 population 100% training progreess on both goblin and great hut.
I've done some more testing on this too and got the following:

- The bug only occurs if you were close to having or at/above the max population before logging off.
- The only units that keep getting spawned are Marauders/Labourers and goblins with their timer completed and only if the timer is complete. Warg are affected aswell but the timers on the warg pen abilities aren't working right now (an other bug). Also, turning off warg pen spawning doesnt seem to help. (Also, if you turn it off and log off, it will be turned back on when you log on, it doesn't "save").
- The worker and goblin spawn can be stopped by switching to the other unit. (Marauder <--> Labourer, Goblin raider <--> prowler)
- The warg spawning can be stopped by lowering your population count a lot. If your max pop is 90, bringing the current pop amount below 80 by putting them for example in an army on the world map will spawn a few more warg, but after that it will stop.

Arcoth
10-15-2011, 01:12 PM
The building quests are already completed upon receiving them.
This affects the following quests:
"Jentokk Karred - Big Huts" - Use Laborers to build a new hut.
"Jentokk Karred - Spear or Sword?" - Use Laborers to either construct a War Hall or Pyre. (Slayers are given for turning the quest in)

I can't remember whether building a temple was a quest as well and if so, when the player is given the quest. In any case: I have not yet received order to build one, so the follow up quests after "Spear or Sword?" might be unavailable.

EDIT: When entering a new city, then restarting the game and then accepting the first quest (fighting Jentokk Karred) the bug did not occur.

EDIT2: Another bug: The world army carry capacity improvement from the Gatherers trait does not work.