PDA

View Full Version : Orc's Unite, Defence Plans

White935
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
With The City Siege coming up, and us orcs being the weakest defensive race. how about we bang heads and try to plan how one should in theory defend our bases.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3934 (pictures of each city).

Personally i figure the best option is to withdraw to the keep (all our laboureres) and mount the walls with our marauders ( you should have some collecting food) and take 3/4 of your labourers to your war hall /pyre ect and convert them into combat units as they reach your keep. and the rest of the laboureres posisioned around with the task of fire fighting to prevent any serious fires from breaking out.

Anyone else got any ideas how to defend our cities, i mean we got a combination of wood walls and palisades at certain points, stragedy on how to use our to force the enemy into a tight cornered meele situation is ideal no?

Vish_Virtus
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I would, ensure you have a lot of long ranged units, train there attributes to the max, Catapults and Arrows.

Valkyrie
10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
pff :) my def will be me setting everything outside my walls ablaze and just watch my enemys burn. but i'm human i don't know but i guess orcs can do that aswell

andreicde
10-05-2011, 11:33 AM
pff :) my def will be me setting everything outside my walls ablaze and just watch my enemys burn. but i'm human i don't know but i guess orcs can do that aswell

sounds like me with the elves ronfl. all my 60 rangers with fire arrows set and let's have a BBQ!

Valkyrie
10-05-2011, 01:02 PM
hehe yea and don't forget humans got a fire horsecart thingy + atleast 20 trebs with fire =)

andreicde
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
hehe yea and don't forget humans got a fire horsecart thingy + atleast 20 trebs with fire =)

yeah I wasn't counting the trebs,else it would be unfair lol

Magicmud83
10-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Playing as a desert Orc I have alot of choke points to use, when I come under attack I plan to fill them up with tanks with archers in the back and a few workers into catas but leave a few for handling fires. I dont know tho going to have to see how it works out.

White935
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
hm yeah, i think the swamp city looks interesting ,but am playing a a forest orc atm, not sure how i should prepare my defences ,as i expect to be attacked alot a i boarder both rolling hills and the elven lands.

Magicmud83
10-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Sounds fun more crowns for you but for me they gotta go all the way south to find me = (

Valkyrie
10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
yeah I wasn't counting the trebs,else it would be unfair lol

do elves have sometime similar to fire horsecarts? that can turn **** into one big cozy fire ?

andreicde
10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
do elves have sometime similar to fire horsecarts? that can turn **** into one big cozy fire ?

nope.Just archers fire arrows and ballistas fire arrows

Valkyrie
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
nope.Just archers fire arrows and ballistas fire arrows

awh... well don't forget you got killer plants, sucks tho they take 2 population..

andreicde
10-05-2011, 07:20 PM
awh... well don't forget you got killer plants, sucks tho they take 2 population..

yeah those need to have the population removed,they take precious space which isn't worth 2 pop considering how fast they die and how you need to cover 3 places.