PDA

View Full Version : Red alert 3

raving
10-25-2008, 05:37 AM
yoo, just checking if any of you are gonna play red alert 3 when it comes out. I love the ra series played red alert 2 for about 5-6 years :p. Hope ra3 will be just as adictive, from what i have seen it prob will :p.

SvN
10-25-2008, 10:39 AM
nope. EA have ruined the series by adding that anime faction.. and the whole game is too much cartoony for my taste.

Joseph Visscher
10-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Its again going to be on the SAGE engine, which is probibly older then a few people on this forum. No RA 3 is all hipe, its going to suck, period; its only relation to any c&c series is the name, nothing else, the true "C&C" died when Westwood went down the drain. Just my opinion anyways.
They offered me BETA because I won the OMC4 mapping contest in C&C 3, I turned them down and quit cnc3. :D

nope. EA have ruined the series by adding that anime faction.. and the whole game is too much cartoony for my taste.

Just like the Scrin in C&C 3? Do you see a series of disgrace building? :p

kronlc
10-25-2008, 04:29 PM
the true "C&C" died when Westwood went down the drain. :p

I brought the original with my pocket moneys
along time ago and it was the best game ever.
Red alert was also a hit but everything else after that seemed
a bit trashy,

raving
10-26-2008, 02:30 AM
true ea rapes games. but what i could see from the current movies and trailers ... well looks alot like ra2 gameplay feeling. And i dont give a **** about great video's or highly detailed units. all i want is gameplay. alto i did saw some units wich made me lol, and the empire of the rising sun disturbs me. Looks like a race wich was added in too fill up the game. like the scrin ...

Generation
10-26-2008, 08:15 AM
is the rising sun the japanese?

frankein_fish
10-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Ya
Yamato ftw :p.....nah just kidding

Jean=A=Luc
10-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah, they're Japanese, not "an anime faction".

nickson104
10-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I brought the original with my pocket moneys
along time ago and it was the best game ever.
Red alert was also a hit but everything else after that seemed
a bit trashy,

For once it appears not only is kron typing normally... but he is actually making sense for a change :p

I remember C&C Tiberium Sun the old westwood one, I had it at the age of about 5 or so and played it till about the age of 10 (when the disc broke). One of the best games ever i reckon :) and yeah the new C&C are just lacking

SvN
10-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Yeah, they're Japanese, not "an anime faction".

take a look on their units.:eek:

for example, their commando is a japanese schoolgirl

Puppeteer
10-26-2008, 11:12 AM
For once it appears not only is kron typing normally...
Well, still not devoid of mistakes...

Jean=A=Luc
10-26-2008, 11:29 AM
for example, their commando is a japanese schoolgirl

Well as you saud, it's a Japanese schoolgirl. But yeah, I know what you mean, it's just that those kinds of labels bother me. It's a bit like saying that the Allies are the American/European manga faction.

I do admit there's a lot of soft p-o-r-n (apparently we have some kind of censorship on this site) material in RA3. :p

raving
10-26-2008, 02:34 PM
hmmm ... popcorn ... ow wait ... thats now how you spell popcorn.

ah well, i kinda liked the anime look in ra2. just because its surreal. But dont really like the looks of the japanese faction atm. but like i said gameplay > looks

wou129
10-27-2008, 01:22 AM
I have the beta (i have bought c&c 3 kane's wrath) and i can tell u it rocks
and u can keep screeming at ea thay suck but that wont chance anything

raving
10-27-2008, 05:16 AM
I have the beta (i have bought c&c 3 kane's wrath) and i can tell u it rocks
and u can keep screeming at ea thay suck but that wont chance anything
god cant wait till it comes out!

iceblast
11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Its again going to be on the SAGE engine, which is probibly older then a few people on this forum. No RA 3 is all hipe, its going to suck, period; its only relation to any c&c series is the name, nothing else, the true "C&C" died when Westwood went down the drain. Just my opinion anyways.
They offered me BETA because I won the OMC4 mapping contest in C&C 3, I turned them down and quit cnc3. :D

Just like the Scrin in C&C 3? Do you see a series of disgrace building? :p

lol.

are you allowed to say this **** although your classified as a developer haha :lol:

raving
11-04-2008, 10:49 AM
well have ra3 for 5 days now or so. And tbh I LOVE IT ^^. gameplay is ra2 wich is perfect, grapics arent that bad, and lots of posible strategy's to use on your enemy's.

Esculas the Mighty
11-06-2008, 06:29 AM
god cant wait till it comes out!

chuck can he already has ra4 and dof 2

nickson104
12-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Now after having about a weeks experience i can comment on this game.
For a change it appears EA didnt fully kill a decent game, I mean they focused too much on getting hot girls into it and its advertising than on the gameplay.
The gameplay so far has been rather good, the campaigns arent too easy but their not difficult on the whole but still take a lot of time to clear.

The Empire Of The Rising Sun seems too unrealistic to work but surprisingly it does, they are the rushing race with fast build speeds and unrestricted building, the transforming units also make them a very formidable enemy, (just imagine, you have them in your sights with a plane or two and you think that group of vehicles has no anti-air and is going to be easy prey, then they transform into dogfighting fighter jets and thats when you know your going to have to pay close attention to the fight at hand)

I have a few problems with the game however, the skirmish AI is too easy at easy and at normal what it should be at hard and just dont attempt a brutal enemy.... they start with double your cash and have double the unit cap... It took both me and a mate to take down 1 brutal enemy....

Also the Online is rather good but it gets quite limited as many people use the same tactics, a popular one is to build up many japanese artillery boats to take out the base in a fast efficient way from a safe distance...
Another problem with online is the matching, it has a ranking system in place to show your win/loss and other such stuff but that does not come into play, I (rank 367) was matched up with a guy (rank 16), he had 267 wins and 12 losses... i was doomed from the start.

Overall it was a fun game and was worth buying, somehow EA managed to make themselves a game which didnt suck from the word go..

8/10

P.S, sorry for bringing back this old topic from the grave

Jean=A=Luc
12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
and have double the unit cap...

What's this unit cap you're talking about?

nickson104
12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
What's this unit cap you're talking about?

The unit cap of 50... the brutal enemies get double that and so can have 100 units

Jean=A=Luc
12-02-2008, 05:41 AM
The unit cap of 50... the brutal enemies get double that and so can have 100 units

Wtf, there's a unit cap in RA3? Where did you read/hear/see this? :confused:

SvN
12-02-2008, 05:52 AM
he have played the game:o

Jean=A=Luc
12-02-2008, 06:01 AM
I've played it too and I've never heard of no pop cap. It's not mentioned in the game, in any review I've read nor any ra3 related forum post I've seen.

edit: I think he's talking about a 360 version.

ShadowyMoon
12-02-2008, 06:10 AM
I saw the Japanese faction, noticed the EA label on the box and utterly gave up on that game. EA raped Westwood, nothing more to say.

SvN
12-02-2008, 10:08 AM
I saw the Japanese faction, noticed the EA label on the box and utterly gave up on that game. EA raped Westwood, nothing more to say.

totally agreed:(

Jean=A=Luc
12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
It's a good game, you just can't appreciate it because you're ghey. :p
http://images.ea.com/games/redalert3/Wallpapers/RA3GemmaAtkinson_WP2_10x7.jpg

raving
12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
by far the hottest girl in ra3

nickson104
12-03-2008, 10:12 AM
by far the hottest girl in ra3

i still prefer natasha (Gina Corano)

And well there is definitely a unit cap on the xbox version. each player can have a maximum of 50 units

wou129
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
wel i havent found it jet on pc and i have the game fore quite some time now (bought the pemier version on day of relyse) btw sorry fore my bad englich

nickson104
12-03-2008, 12:56 PM
wel i havent found it jet on pc and i have the game fore quite some time now (bought the pemier version on day of relyse) btw sorry fore my bad englich

okay fair enough, and by the way the english was probably better than many other peoples i have seen anyway.

On the Xbox the limit is just underneath the minimap, (0/50)

ShadowyMoon
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I suppose the Xbox limit is to prevent people from getting too many troops and not being able to control them all due to the nature of RTS games on a console.

nickson104
12-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I suppose the Xbox limit is to prevent people from getting too many troops and not being able to control them all due to the nature of RTS games on a console.

I guess so... and besides 50 is plenty, generally all you need is about 5 shogun battleships, 10 sea wings, 15 mecha tengu and whatever you want then (yuriko is a good choice)

wou129
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
i hate those shogun battle ships

SPARROW94
12-07-2008, 03:46 AM
i hate you

besides im a natural pro, and with my master shadowymoon above me nothign can me at any rts game... exept starcraft... i get my @$$ kicked at that game... any who i think the 50 cap limit puts me down on my very profeshinol-ISM at this game like i get century bombers and load em with and flank their base wile i hase gurd. tank at their base with a mix of peace keepers. this game is another failure by EA... dawn of war 2 for the win

nickson104
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
i hate you

besides im a natural pro, and with my master shadowymoon above me nothign can me at any rts game... exept starcraft... i get my @$$ kicked at that game... any who i think the 50 cap limit puts me down on my very profeshinol-ISM at this game like i get century bombers and load em with and flank their base wile i hase gurd. tank at their base with a mix of peace keepers. this game is another failure by EA... dawn of war 2 for the win

It didnt fail half as bad as one would expect.

And yes i also hate the shoguns, their so overpowered and well i suck at naval combat so i tend to stay clear of that...

SPARROW94
12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah there are, but dolphins uberly pwn em

Mrdash
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I wish they would make a RTS game like that for the Wii, with the pointer the Wii would be the better console for them.

wou129
12-09-2008, 11:38 PM
yea but dolphins get pwnd by mini sups

SPARROW94
12-10-2008, 09:31 AM
i love minisubs.... THE FINAL VOYAGE