PDA

View Full Version : Age of Empires III

Eaglecrys
10-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I myself play on Eaglecrys same as almost any rts or game that is out there. Currently messing around with a game called bitefight as well. Even though it is very old school I am having some fun with it.

I think the rts game I miss the most is Stronghold. They really started messing it up when they made the mad into small areas to take over instead of the one big map where you could destroy others and build your castle over to them after. Really like being able to build massive castles.

I think in its own ways as well that AOEIII is messing things up just as much with every new game they put out. I still play the first one and would love to see that system get a overhaul. New graphics new troops buildings and looks but no change to the mechanics of the game on how you take over your enemy.

sorry heh sandbox lover here I reckon.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I've played it once or twice and wasn't really impressed. I personally like II alot better.

Mrdash
10-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Ive tried some of GameForges game (bitefight) Even played Ogame for a long time but they get boring. Altho I hear Nostale is a hit atm.

Esculas the Mighty
10-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I myself play on Eaglecrys same as almost any rts or game that is out there. Currently messing around with a game called bitefight as well. Even though it is very old school I am having some fun with it.

I think the rts game I miss the most is Stronghold. They really started messing it up when they made the mad into small areas to take over instead of the one big map where you could destroy others and build your castle over to them after. Really like being able to build massive castles.

I think in its own ways as well that AOEIII is messing things up just as much with every new game they put out. I still play the first one and would love to see that system get a overhaul. New graphics new troops buildings and looks but no change to the mechanics of the game on how you take over your enemy.

sorry heh sandbox lover here I reckon.

which u play o vanilla or the expansions

cause im prob the only esemble fan boy here =P if esemble made it i got it

kronlc
12-11-2008, 10:55 AM
which u play o vanilla or the expansions

I prefer Vanilla but I haves the Expansion s ;p

If you up for a game i pawn ya Esc add ma my game name is lapp

I dont have dynasties ,.,.BYE

Esculas the Mighty
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I prefer Vanilla but I haves the Expansion s ;p

If you up for a game i pawn ya Esc add ma my game name is lapp

I dont have dynasties ,.,.BYE

lol u cant pwn me xD!!

Dylan Bales
01-13-2009, 11:36 PM
I dont have dynasties

The Asian Dynasties was a great expansion, it also features two actually historic campaigns, unlike the other expansion and the vanilla aoe3 - even though they're all considered "historical" real-time strategy games... There is also another campaign, the China one, which is fun, but not historical; and the Japan one is not fun, but it is historical... and the India campaign is fun and historical. I liked the original AoE3 campaign, however, even though most people didn't, it seems...

fyro11
01-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I tried very hard to appreciate AoE3, and the graphics reigned supreme for their time. But the 'settler' system seemed to big a change from AoE2.

Esculas the Mighty
01-14-2009, 04:49 PM
I tried very hard to appreciate AoE3, and the graphics reigned supreme for their time. But the 'settler' system seemed to big a change from AoE2.

alot of people are taking the ''no drop off point'' way to serouisly

sharplion
01-16-2009, 04:18 AM
age of empires III is so lame in comparance to aoeII, I mean lol, rifles that take an age to reload.
It's so sad that they wasted so good graphics and so much energy on that age, they should still make medieval games -.-

Esculas the Mighty
01-16-2009, 02:19 PM
age of empires III is so lame in comparance to aoeII, I mean lol, rifles that take an age to reload.
It's so sad that they wasted so good graphics and so much energy on that age, they should still make medieval games -.-

they only take 3secs unless your on speed and there a lot more to do with strategy in battle with aoe3
in my opinion the ancients and the age of exploration > medieval