PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Super Nova
07-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi all just signed up a few min ago because when i saw this game i was wendering why there has not been a game like this and then i thught in my mind i have to have this game and well here i am :)

well u know what new people ask questions

A.When this game comes out can i go to a store and buy? if so how much will it cost?

B.IS it a pay to play or a game like wow u buy the retail game at a store the u pay to play?

and u know what noobs ask after the questions when is the beta comming out because i want to be in it? :confused: (I found that the beta is not going to be out for a while :(

jap88
07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forums. I'm guessing 50$ to buy (don't know though) and i do not believe there are any fees after that, so just the one time cost upon pruchase.

Darvin
07-17-2007, 04:31 PM
We haven't heard anything on the cost of the box yet, so I can't speak about that. The tentative release is Q1 2008, so it's not exactly around the corner. However, they have said that there will not be monthly payments (there's a dev post somewhere likening Dawn of Fantasy to Guild Wars in that regard).

As for beta, the devs have already stated that it's too early to talk about one

Ryan Zelazny
07-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the forums Super Nova.

Dawn of Fantasy wont be available for sale until Q1 2008. A price hasn't been released yet, but you can expect it to be the same price as any other mainstream RTS.

There will not be monthly fees associated with the MMORTS portion of the game, however we will be charging $2 per multiplayer skirmish just to be unfair. I'm kidding, there will be no fees other than the initial cost of the game. We are trying to base DoF off the same concept as GuildWars, in the effect that we wont have a monthly fee, however we hope to have non-required expansions every six months or so after release.

When there is a public beta announced, you forumers will be the first to hear about it, and I'm sure we will be able to get all our loyal fans onto it.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Hey Super Nova, nice to have you here at the forums. Enjoy your stay.

WhiteHawk
07-26-2007, 01:32 PM
however we will be charging $2 per multiplayer skirmish just to be unfair. I'm kidding,

Not funny, you scared me =P.
Anyway, welcome to the forums!