PDA

View Full Version : Hero prevents PvP Battles

Sunleader
10-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Well then as I noticed that a Couple of Times already

Each time a Hero dies in PvP
the Match cant end anymore

the Hero lies there with 1 HP he cant be killed he cant be revived

this seems to have some effect as even after all Units are killed even after everything but your own Units stand on the Field
the match wont decide Victory

Now if you want a Guess on my part

The Hero triggers lost flag for Quest Battles
maybe he does try to trigger a flag in pvp as well
but in pvp he cant trigger lost flag

yet he disables the other triggers for victory and defeat since for the server the match had been decided already even if it wasnt decided at all

in any case
for the time being pls leave your Heros at home
and Devs pls look into that
I lost two Armys today and did not even get Influence on it which is annoying me pretty good
especially as it both were battles in 600 str range

Greetz

Sunleader
10-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Aside from being annoying this causes that at least one party will not get any influence for PvP
thus I would count this as Mayor Bug and hope for a fast fix

Valkyrie
10-05-2011, 09:45 AM
aha that's why i never got my influence points for my loses with my hero:) since it didn't trigger any loss for me i had to leave and pay of units(which i didn't have, since they died).

note to self: never bring hero to pvp anymore not only is he bad compared to the army str he uses up, but also makes you unable to lose.

Safey18
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Annoying bug but not major. Not being able to play (ME!) is a major bug. But yeah if your aware of this bug and are still PvPing with your hero then your really just a bad bloke.

Valkyrie
10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
But yeah if your aware of this bug and are still PvPing with your hero then your really just a bad bloke.

yea, just like the ones who used horse carts in pvp when they were unable to be killed...Man that was annoying.

Sunleader
10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Got to disagree

I am using my Hero not for PvP but for Questing
since you cant do quests without bringing your Hero along

But its not like I can just tell others
hey I have my Hero along dont attack me

I just get dragged into PvP and cant help it

since theres a need to do quests
and since you thus cant help but either attack armys which have Heros or be attacked when having your Hero along

it IS a Mayor Bug
since it is an Gamebreaking Issue

Greetz

Safey18
10-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Got to disagree

I am using my Hero not for PvP but for Questing
since you cant do quests without bringing your Hero along

But its not like I can just tell others
hey I have my Hero along dont attack me

I just get dragged into PvP and cant help it

since theres a need to do quests
and since you thus cant help but either attack armys which have Heros or be attacked when having your Hero along

it IS a Mayor Bug
since it is an Gamebreaking Issue

Greetz

Have them block you from your main city and tell me what a major bug is ;)

Sunleader
10-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Being frustratet about your problems aint a reason to spam Bug Reports and annoy others!
Also a problem that 1 Person has and which prevents him from playing is not on a scale with a problem that the whole Community has.....

get real mate
you got trouble with something but if I may allow myself to be this direct
if 1 person is unable to do something that 100 other people can do
than this is rarely a bug and much more often a problem based on the User itself

well then I would say this

Try Reinstalling the Game
Try Disabling your Firewall
Try Running it as Administrator
Check if you meet the requirements (especially Windows Version)
Update Drivers
Update Windows

after you have tried all that
You can make a Topic in the Technical Support section and complain there about help with your problem stating your log files your system configuration and your system specs

and I will also note that
if it is indeed something of the mentioned things above
then just coming here and asking for help wont bring you any further since the Devs cant change anything on your Computer
so pls REALLY DO THAT before complaining here
otherwise its not doing any good you know

oh and just to say this as well
Windows likes to get more and more bugged the longer you have it on
so reinstalling windows is another very effective way to get games running

Greetz Sun
ps if you got nothung useful to say pls stop spamming this topic and instead take care of your own topics.....

Konstantin Fomenko
10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Guys - thanks for reporting this, we are looking into it. So to confirm:

You loose all your units and a hero in a large battle, and there is no Victory/Defeat - EVEN after all the units include the hero are dead?

White935
10-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I had a battle today even without hero that the victory condition wasnt met. myself and the other had no heroes, yet every unit was dead ( my side) and the game did not end. i held my mouse over the world map, it say pay off "x X X" but it had 3 units (badly damaged) symbolised over. I think It failed to register those 3 units as dead.

so my conclusion is that it isnt the hero, but rather it sometimes fails to register that units has "died" and some of them keeps living on as ghosts. so the condition isnt met.

Sunleader
10-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Well
it might be two different bugs

problem is just like your 3 Units Hero NEVER is registered as dead
as he always has 1hp

which might be too much in smaller pvp as to register it as defeat or might disable the trigger

in any Case
I had not even one Battle that didnt have this Bug as long as I had my Hero along.
of course this doesnt mean that it cant happen without the Hero along...

Greetz