PDA

View Full Version : [Proposal] Politics.

White935
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Simple really, i cant say i've mapped it out like the guy who suggested a moral system, but its been on my mind for awhile.

Obiously it would be nice if people got a kind of goal, that naturally player created events occure, wars and whatnot.

for basis, i would presume that npc cities can be conquered and controlled. so persay allow people to claim titles such as proclaimed King (human)/ruler/warlord (orc)/Elder (elf).
with benifits ofcourse. perhaps taxes or any kind of reconisition. with People swearing alligence to said king which benifits both parties in some way.

I cant say i've got any clear suggestion how politics would work out. but it would be nice to give indivudal and alliances goals and meaning, and ofcourse territory controle. and also perhaps War.

Persay perhaps the ruler can declare war on a adjucant region. and everyone who "partakes" in this war will in some way benifit bonuses if they fight in that region.

Really am just throwing out ideas here, but it would be nice to give people a reason to fight, not just fight for the sake of it (thought that suits the orcs <.< my excuse is to toughen up my lost breathren).

Anyone else got any suggestions on how such can be implemented?

SirFranc
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I think that a diplomacy like Civilization would look great if applied to guilds, a guild leader being the ruler of a nation and the other players being their vassals (for the humans, perhaps)

Families for elves and clans for orcs as well, there are limitless possibilities on this idea, also unlocking special units for high ranked alliance members and rulers (like elite guards) not exactly overpowered (for the sake of balance) but perhaps slightly stronger and well.. cooler. That's also that, some RP in it never hurts

Also, declaring war could be a Guild VS Guild system, as it is now i'm not expert of the game (i haven't played it yet) so i'm just trying to toss some idea, perhaps it's all stuff done and implemented already, if it's so, well.. my bad :P

GPS51
10-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Hmm I do like parts of this idea. It sounds a lot like the "hardcore" 2nd server rumored to be long planned (but never confirmed). It might work much better in a "hardcore" setting then the current one. I say wait until alliances/guilds are fully unlocked in DoF and then revisit this good idea.

andreicde
10-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I agree on the idea. Def politics. I watched game of thrones and even took a politics class in college so heck, if politics will come in DOF, I'm totally up for it!