PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble installing/starting DoF? READ THIS FIRST!

Sephriem
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Okay so I'm bored and decided to make this thread to help those who are having trouble running or starting the game, or just having technical troubles in general with the game. I'll post here common problems and solutions that might come up for some people.

1. Graphic Errors

Make sure your drivers are up to date.
You can download video card drivers from these two websites, depending on what video card you have.

NVidia Drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
AMD Brand Drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you don't know what video card you have, do the following:
Open START MENU
In the SEARCH BAR type in dxdiag and press enter.
If it asks to press yes/no just press yes. You will get a screen with tabs at the top with names such as "System, Display, Sound, etc." Press on the display tab.
Here you can see what video card you have, and the version and date the version was released.

If you can't find the correct drivers that correspond with your video card, post your video card here and I will get you a direct link to the driver you should get.

2. Game Not Starting

If you're having problems starting the game, follow these steps before you try and start it.

Make sure you're starting the game in Administrator Mode. You can do this by simply right clicking on the icon on your desktop and clicking "Run as Admin." Alternatively, you can right click it, go to the PROPERTIES > COMPATIBILITY and press "Run as Admin by default" near the bottom, this'll save you the hassle of having to right click it every time you want to start the game.

A lot of people have problems because they dont have Microsoft .NET Framework, which this game apparently needs in order to run. You can get the latest version for free here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24872

If you're still having problems, then post here and hopefully someone can help you out!

3. CD Keys

If you're having issues with your CD Key, read this thread
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157 and hopefully one of these solutions should be a fix.

3. Mouse/Cursor Problems

If you're having problems with your mouse cursor, such as it freezing whenever you move your mouse or just mouse lag in general, try to lower your font size/resolution. This seems to work for some people, DoF supports up to 1920x1080 resolution at most, so anything above that will cause problems.

Also, just a reminder. The BUG REPORT forums are here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16
They are a sub-forum in the Technical Support forums, so if you encounter any bugs that is where you should post them up, not here

If anyone is having ANY issues with installing or starting the game, or has encounter an issue and has since solved them, please post them up here so we can help out other new players that want to join this community get started!

Jarno Montonen
10-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Hey, great stuff and thanks alot for the effort! I'll sticky this atleast for now! :)

AcAsHell
10-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Ok so here's my problem.
ehm, i installed DoF + net framework + windows installer 4.5 + run as admin, but nothing helps everytime i get this screen

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/updaterproblems.jpg/
Its on German: "DoFUpdater matched an issue and have to be closed."

Can someone please help me?
My system is windows xp, german language, i bought the game at gamesrocket.de

Sephriem
10-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Ok so here's my problem.
ehm, i installed DoF + net framework + windows installer 4.5 + run as admin, but nothing helps everytime i get this screen

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/updaterproblems.jpg/
Its on German: "DoFUpdater matched an issue and have to be closed."

Can someone please help me?
My system is windows xp, german language, i bought the game at gamesrocket.de

Do you get it as soon as you start the game from the desktop?

Also, this:

Mkendrik

This is probably caused by something other than needing to install .net framework, otherwise you would not have been able to enter your key. Anyway, I will work on diagnosing your issue all I need is a bit more information. I need to know which version of windows you have, the language that you use for windows, and a screenshot of the crash. I cannot push an updater update through the system because your updater does not get to the point where it could update it, but if need be. I can make a hotfix patcher for you.

Matt117

Probably tomorrow I am going to push an update that will expand some of the logging for the updater. I will send you a pm, or an email whichever you prefer when the update is live. Then we can work on further diagnosing the issue.

Sorry about the issues, and we should be able to diagnose and solve the problems in the next few days

I got it from a different thread. Some people are having problems starting the game, one of the people from the DoF programmer team is going to be looking into it today, and should have a fix for it soon. Maybe that'll help you.

Edit: Thanks for the sticky ^_^ I'll try and keep it updated!

AcAsHell
10-03-2011, 05:57 AM
When i start it from the desktop, yes.
mh ok so i think i have to wait some time until i can play :)

Konstantin Fomenko
10-03-2011, 10:49 AM
@ AcAsHell

We`ll try to fix this for you personally. Some questions to get things started:

1) Did you play Dawn of Fantasy beta?

2) Can you confirm you installed the Game, entered your CD Key, and now it created Dawn of Fantasy icon on your desktop?

3) When you start this icon it Shows Loading Updating stuff, and then Updater crashes?

4) Inside your Dawn of Fantasy installation please look up 1 file: updater-log.txt and please include it with your reply (you can use forums Attachment Manager to post it)

AcAsHell
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
1) No

2) I downloaded the Game after i bought online, then i installed on German, after this i clicked on the desktop icon. So i didnt entered my cd key cause there wasn't any question. A friend of mine bought it at the same moment and his game works fine.

3) I start the game and then it crashes at these words in the middle of the screen "Localization_Instance....."

4) I searched but i dont have this file :O i dont know why

Thanks for your help!!!:)

Jarno Montonen
10-04-2011, 04:21 AM
1) No

2) I downloaded the Game after i bought online, then i installed on German, after this i clicked on the desktop icon. So i didnt entered my cd key cause there wasn't any question. A friend of mine bought it at the same moment and his game works fine.

3) I start the game and then it crashes at these words in the middle of the screen "Localization_Instance....."

4) I searched but i dont have this file :O i dont know why

Thanks for your help!!!:)

Hey, have you tried reinstalling the game? Also check the sections 1. and 2. in the first post of this thread, and if you played the beta look a this: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4135.

I hope this helps!

Oryhime
10-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi,

Today, i received Dawn of Fantasy.
I installed it but my CD-Key is invalid. I tried to uninstall and re install the game, but my CD-key doesn't work.
(my CD key is a little strange... 6 characters at the first slot and 4 at the last -> XXXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXX)

Thanks for help.

Jarno Montonen
10-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi,

Today, i received Dawn of Fantasy.
I installed it but my CD-Key is invalid. I tried to uninstall and re install the game, but my CD-key doesn't work.
(my CD key is a little strange... 6 characters at the first slot and 4 at the last -> XXXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXX)

Thanks for help.
Hey! Check the information in this thread on how to solve cd-key issues. http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157

Hope this helps!

AcAsHell
10-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Hey, have you tried reinstalling the game? Also check the sections 1. and 2. in the first post of this thread, and if you played the beta look a this: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4135.

I hope this helps!

No i never played the Beta, i reinstalled it 5 times, i checked every thread which is able to help me but nothing :(.

all recommended things are installed, Sections 1 , 2 doesnt help
so are there some other things to do? or am i not able to play this game? :/

My game is a way different then others anyway if you look my last post you can read i dont have this "updater-log" i dont know why :O

SirFranc
10-04-2011, 09:14 AM
We`ll try to fix this for you personally. Some questions to get things started:

1) Did you play Dawn of Fantasy beta?

2) Can you confirm you installed the Game, entered your CD Key, and now it created Dawn of Fantasy icon on your desktop?

3) When you start this icon it Shows Loading Updating stuff, and then Updater crashes?

4) Inside your Dawn of Fantasy installation please look up 1 file: updater-log.txt and please include it with your reply (you can use forums Attachment Manager to post it)

Same issue and
1) no

2) yes

3) it does all the update process up to "4 files remaining" then crashes

4) here it is

Tag:DEBUG

TimeStamp:03/10/2011 17:02:58

Details:Version Cache Data

Non Verified File Count : 0

Files Added Count : 197

Saved File Count : 197

TimeStamp:03/10/2011 17:51:06

Files Added Count : 4149

Saved File Count : 4346

TimeStamp:04/10/2011 14:10:55

Files Added Count : 2125

Saved File Count : 6471

Beliar78
10-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Hello I have a problem to start the game. When I click at the DoF Icon (as Administrator)
the Updater starts. At the position 4 files remaining it crashes = DoF Updater funktioniert nicht mehr.

What can I do??? :confused:

Jarno Montonen
10-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Hello I have a problem to start the game. When I click at the DoF Icon (as Administrator)
the Updater starts. At the position 4 files remaining it crashes = DoF Updater funktioniert nicht mehr.

What can I do??? :confused:

No i never played the Beta, i reinstalled it 5 times, i checked every thread which is able to help me but nothing :(.

all recommended things are installed, Sections 1 , 2 doesnt help
so are there some other things to do? or am i not able to play this game? :/

My game is a way different then others anyway if you look my last post you can read i dont have this "updater-log" i dont know why :O

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we got someone working on both of these issues. If we get lucky, today's patch will fix them, but most likely it'll take till tomorrow's. Really sorry for the wait :\

Tyler Dodge
10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I uploaded a new updater update yesterday at 5 pm that will increase the logging capabilities of the updater, could you please rerun and see if your updater-log.txt has changed and upload it? (If you do not have one, that just means the updater believes it ran normally)

Beliar78
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I donīt have a updater-log.txt

SirFranc
10-06-2011, 01:54 AM
I still have the same issue with the new updater apparently
May be useful but i noticed that around "1 file remanining" in the DoF folder are some files that are signed as "0 kb" and are:

-InterfaceData.dat

Then crashes!

Btw also seemed a matter of time used to download the files, when i had a slow connection it crashed around "8 files remaining" when i had a fast connection crashed around "1 file remaining"

I'm now running the launcher again for doublecheck... i'll tell you if it's changed someway

jleem21
10-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I am really looking forward to playing DoF.
Just yesterday I decided to purchase the game.
I clicked the buy now tab and continue to type in my information.
When I completed it all, my anti virus notified me that the website I was being directed to might not be safe. I place a lot of trust in security, that kinda put a halt to my purchase.
This is the message I receive.

"You attempted to reach shop.dawnoffantasy.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.telechargement.fr. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of shop.dawnoffantasy.com. You should not proceed"

I really want to play the game but this message deeply concerns me.
Are there any other links or ways of purchasing the game?

Valkyrie
10-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I am really looking forward to playing DoF.
Just yesterday I decided to purchase the game.
I clicked the buy now tab and continue to type in my information.
When I completed it all, my anti virus notified me that the website I was being directed to might not be safe. I place a lot of trust in security, that kinda put a halt to my purchase.
This is the message I receive.

"You attempted to reach shop.dawnoffantasy.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.telechargement.fr. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of shop.dawnoffantasy.com. You should not proceed"

I really want to play the game but this message deeply concerns me.
Are there any other links or ways of purchasing the game?

I just ordered cds from a webshop. simply as that :). I also guess there's some stores with the game in it?

thomas_batty
10-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I click play, screen goes black then returns saying. dof.exe has encountered a problem and has stopped working. windows tries to find a problem(doesnt happen) whats goin on??

Jarno Montonen
10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I click play, screen goes black then returns saying. dof.exe has encountered a problem and has stopped working. windows tries to find a problem(doesnt happen) whats goin on??

Hey, are you still having this issue? Have you tried the solutions in the first post?

Delinor
10-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi all

I noticed someone has invallid CD key this is not likely :)

I had to run the grid on Zeros and Naughts to get mine to work as there is no difference between the two and CD keys do contain 0 & o in them :)

Hope this helps.

Now for my question I have a fledgling orc Kingdom I have been playing for 2 weeks since I started the game and was enjoying it greatly.
But now when I try to enter the Kingdom it does not get to the video step any more where it zooms about showing you what your stronghold looks like it just stops responding before it reaches this stage.

I have created another Kingdom to keep me entertained whilst I report this and hopefully find a fix but if any one can help me enter my Orc Stronghold again I would be greatful.

Regards

Del

Henry V
11-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I have Windows 7, 64 bits

When I try to install the game the following message appears:

"Error reading from file ...\introvid505.st.mithpak..."

What can I do to solve this ?

Thanks.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Henry, it looks like there was a problem with downloading the game client. Try downloading the client again please this should fix this.

Henry V
11-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Henry, it looks like there was a problem with downloading the game client. Try downloading the client again please this should fix this.

Hi,

I have an older PC with Windows XP(64 bits) and the game installed with no problems, just having a LOT of "lag" playing,

I would like to install it in my new PC with Windows 7(64 bits), I downloaded the game again and received the same message when trying to install,

what could be???

BeondXpectations
11-23-2011, 08:07 PM
OK. Here is my problem starting the game...

I get through the file updates, through the two company logo videos, and to the DOF title page with the castle, and ships at sea to the left, and cavalry at bottom. I get the cursor (hand with extended finger), and it works fine. But then no buttons come up. There is nothing to click on. After about 30 to 60 seconds, the game window closes and I get a windows error message... "DOF.exe has stopped working. Window is checking for a solution to the problem." After a few seconds it comes back with the message... "A problem caused the program to stop working correclty. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Yeah, right... as if windows knows what the problem is.

In the icon's properties I selected run compatible with Windows 7 (which is what I have) and run as admin. I also have the updated network version 4. I don't think its the video driver because I get to the DOF title page, and I get through the two movies.

Anyone know what to do?

thedarkheart
11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
i've checked the cd key posts but none of it helps me... after i instaled the game it asks my cd key... i put it in correctly but then it says its out of time and then wont go any further... i dont know what to do

Agesilas
12-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Hello;

I just buy DOF today and after tiping the CD key a windown tell me that my CD key time period is over. Do I need q new one ? if yes who can I find one ?

Konstantin Fomenko
12-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Just send me a private message including your CD Key and I`ll be able to fix this for you.

born to phil
12-05-2011, 05:46 PM
i just purchesed the game last night downloaded it installed it etc it runs fine till i try enter combat i get a black screen and the courser still there but voices like on the map plz help am on windows 7

Konstantin Fomenko
12-05-2011, 08:01 PM
@ born to phil,

What game mode did you try? Online Kingdom, Kingdom Wars, Skirmish? Do you get a black screen on all of them?

If so - please reproduce this error, then exit the game. After that go to the installation folder - for example Program Files/Dawn of Fantasy/ and look up Log1.txt file, and reply here and using Attachment Manager (you`ll see it when posting your reply) please attach this Log1.txt file with you reply, and we`ll fix this for you.

born to phil
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
it happens in the kingdoms and online it crashes to desktop after the intro video

Von Billionz
12-06-2011, 01:06 PM
i have an error that says no support for vertex shader 2.0 found . what do i need to do ? thanks
is this it ? http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/Vaultz1/shader.jpg

born to phil
12-07-2011, 06:13 AM
it happens in the kingdoms and online it crashes to desktop after the intro video

just thought a would post to say i got it running changed it to run as xp service pack 2 and fixed the problem :D grait game

Konstantin Fomenko
12-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Hello Von Billionz,

Most likely this error means your video card is a really old model and can`t run Dawn of Fantasy. Can you please look up your Video Card model - and make sure it fits Dawn of Fantasy minimal requirements on the store.reverieworld.com

If it doesn`t - we`d recommend upgrading it, any video card that costs more than 50$ can run Dawn of Fantasy at least on minimal settings.

Ben1376
12-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello. My game crashes on the loading screen when ever it's downloading files on the loading screen. :(

deanmbailey
01-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Dof .exe has stopped working
and
DoF updater not compatible

these are the errors I get when trying to run the game.

It installed correctly and when running it even under administrator it loads up game file ok but then when I click play it stops working?

Konstantin Fomenko
01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Hmm...Dean we didn`t have a report like this for well over 6 weeks.

Have your updater finished updating all the files and says Game is Ready before you click Play?

Also have you installed latest .Net Framework? it`s a free download from Microsoft.

deanmbailey
01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes, it all downloads ok and says game is ready and have downloaded the latest.Net framework?

deanmbailey
01-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Hmm...Dean we didn`t have a report like this for well over 6 weeks.

Have your updater finished updating all the files and says Game is Ready before you click Play?

Also have you installed latest .Net Framework? it`s a free download from Microsoft.

In fact it says game files have updated successfully?

Konstantin Fomenko
01-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Dean - check the PM. My first guess is it might be your video card that can`t handle DoF, if it`s anything but that we`ll be able to fix it.

deanmbailey
01-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Dean - check the PM. My first guess is it might be your video card that can`t handle DoF, if it`s anything but that we`ll be able to fix it.

What's PM? my video card is AM Radeon HD 6670
Graphics memory 5578 MB
dedicated video memory of 2048 MB

Konstantin Fomenko
01-05-2012, 11:02 AM
PM is a private message.

Ok as I said in my private message - please e-mail us at support@reverieworld.com and inside include your Log1.txt file - which you can find in your main Dawn of Fantasy installation folder. With this file we`ll know why it`s cashing for you on startup.

CrazyKiller
01-08-2012, 10:18 AM
i cant get the game work. i have downloaded the game when i klick the play button my screen go black(Game starting) then suddenly i get all the time interference PLZZZ people tell me what to do!!! [/quote]

it is showing that df exe a interference to open game????
Edit/Delete Message

deanmbailey
01-10-2012, 11:47 AM
PM is a private message.

Ok as I said in my private message - please e-mail us at support@reverieworld.com and inside include your Log1.txt file - which you can find in your main Dawn of Fantasy installation folder. With this file we`ll know why it`s cashing for you on startup.

I sent the PM with the files on the 6th but have heard nothing back yet to my personal email address?

66Slipknot66
02-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Am I having so much trouble installing this stupid game?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66Slipknot66
02-02-2012, 07:19 PM
To install windows installer!!

Joseph Visscher
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Am I having so much trouble installing this stupid game?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent you a PM when you are logged into the forum check you private messages which is below your name to the upper right.

66Slipknot66
02-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I paid good money for this game!! When will I be able to play it??!!

66Slipknot66
02-03-2012, 08:25 PM
So far this game is a rip off!!

Joseph Visscher
02-05-2012, 10:25 AM
66Slipknot66 you received my pm, please respond to it again, we will work out a solution here just need those details from you. but as it looks right now the problems you are having is not with the game's installer but the software your windows 7 has to install it with, you may have a corrupted windows 7, not sure, we need more details of your system specs. I'll talk to the programmer of the installer and try to find the solution.

MO1992
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
I have a big problem too, but i dont know what i should do....

need your help :(

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5555

Lordorange
03-15-2012, 06:12 AM
I have problem also, the game won't install, my windows 7 X64 is full operationnal. It's the only game that i got problem with the installation.

I bought it in a store and tried to install it with the CD... but well. Does not work. How do i get things to work please?

Brian Shingles
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
How far into the installation process do you get? Are you getting any error messages?

There were some issues with the way the key was printed with the physical copies, that might be your issue. Check out this thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157) for a solution.

Genjisa
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Hello*!
I'm sorry for my bad English.

I Installed the game using the cd but I downloaded to 1k / s! Was it because of the servers? I thought it was my connection but it wasn't! it works really well. It really was because of the launcher ..

Then, after 5 minutes, the DofUpdater stopped working ...

Thank you for your help!

http://dofgame.com/updater/bin/Updater-2.1.0.0/UpdaterUpdate.exe <== 162 o/s .... WTF !!!

Konstantin Fomenko
03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Hello,

I would try running the updater again - it will work after some time.

Genjisa
03-15-2012, 12:01 PM
10 times .. 10 Stopped working 10 uninstall 10 reboot

GTX 580 I5 8Go ram Windows 7 64b

All drivers

Internet 2Mb/s maxi ...

Genjisa
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
the beta closed worked better than the release...
:mad:

Rickita
03-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello,
Sorry for my english. It s not my first language.
I have a problem to start playing with Dawn of fantasy.
i have a message who said "must install net framework v4.0.30319" but i have downloaded him and nothing. All the time this message appaered.

Someone can help me? Please.

Deadskull
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
k posted this in tech support before i thought about posting it here any ways basically i downloaded it it installed fine no problems started it up splash screen popped up and than the validation screen popped up so i put in my key than hit submit right after that the whole thing froze than crashed

windows popped up saying it was no longer responding.

i am running win7 64
with 6g ram
A Azuse t85 mother boared
GTs 250 1g overclocked
and all divers up to date including my microsoft famenetwork

included the update log file

any help soon would be appreciated as i really want to play i love rts tho so far i am disappointed as this is the only game to give me problems so far on this rigg

chipset35
04-09-2012, 07:59 AM
I got it to install by going here and using WINrar after I downlaoded it:

http://www.fileplanet.com/224415/220000/fileinfo/Dawn-of-Fantasy-Client-v1.0

marty1982
04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I got it to install by going here and using WINrar after I downlaoded it:

http://www.fileplanet.com/224415/220000/fileinfo/Dawn-of-Fantasy-Client-v1.0

my cd key does not fit in the boxs

Brian Shingles
04-09-2012, 11:08 AM
my cd key does not fit in the boxs

You'll find the information you need in this thread -> http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157

fatdad
04-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Hi all, hope someone can help me
i brought a retail version of dof from the uk last week, installed it and had the cd key problem
which has been sorted now, but after I enter the new key...updater launches then immediately windows pops up telling me updater has stopped working. I have no .txt file in my game folder and have updated all the programs mentioned in this thread
Any thoughts

Shocker
05-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I got the giveaway key it worked started the game but when going to online kingdom it says password or username invalid. Can anyone help?

amm253
05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Installed the game, everything appeared to install fine but it never asked me for a cd key. Tried running DoFUpdater.exe and nothing happens.

Opened up TaskManager and saw that the DoFUpdaterexe is running briefly but seems to be failing silently.

My firewall is opened up, it is running as administrator, and I have uninstalled DoF and reinstalled the .Net fix referenced previously.

From the updater-log.txt it looks like nothing is actually happening and it's failing during some early check. The timestamp below is obviously not applicable since I only got the game yesterday.

TimeStamp:2/15/2012 5:17:10 PM

Files Added Count : 16363

Saved File Count : 16368

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Right now this is just taking up space on the HD, and will be deleted if I can't get it working today.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Amm - to confirm you weren`t part of the Beta test? If you were you`ll need to do a complete reinstall, following instructions in this post: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4136

If you weren`t in the beta, restart your computer, and try running the DoF shortcut again. It`ll only ask you to enter CD key on the first run of the Updater.

amm253
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I was in the Beta test but not on this computer. Just to be safe I followed the instructions and confirmed that there was no DoF directory in AppData,I've also uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times now. I can try a restart of the computer again, but I tried that yesterday to no avail. I'll try again an post if it worked.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-25-2012, 02:23 PM
One more thing you might want to try - is to run DoFUpdater.exe in Administrative mode (right click on the file, and select Run as Administrator)

amm253
05-25-2012, 02:36 PM
No luck with the restart.

Both the DofUpdater.exe file and the shortcut have the Priviledge level set to "Run this program as administrator." But for completeness I tried running both the raw .exe and the shortcut through rightclick->Run as Administrator and nothing has worked yet.

Any other suggestions?

All the log files I've found seem to be stock ones from the install so I don't know if there is any additional info I can provide.

DxDiag attached in case it's a potential hardware issue.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Looking through the past cases - I`ve noticed couple of players had their anti-virus program (in some cases default windows anti-virus) disable Updater.exe - try to temporary disable the anti-virus.

Maybe try to also temporary disable default Windows Firewall.

Also - can you please confirm - did you dowload Installer file from our Massively mirror or from our dofgame.com link?

And sorry - I`m leaving the office now:( but we can continue this tomorrow.

amm253
05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
I tried it with both the antivirus and Firewall completely disabled but I still see the same issue.

According to my download manager the original installer looks to have been from dofgame.com (http://dofgame.com/download/Installer.zip)

I'll fiddle with it a bit more and post here if I have any luck.

amm253
05-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Ok getting closer now I can see the DofUpdater window popup before it disappears but I still can't run the game. I have been able to enter my product key though. Here's what I've done so far.

1. download installer from http://www.fileplanet.com/224415/220000/fileinfo/Dawn-of-Fantasy-Client-v1.0

2. Install from above download

3. run \Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn Of Fantasy\UpdateUpdate_New.exe

4. Wait for download and DofUpdater will automatically start.

5. Enter Product key when prompted(btw. there appears to be a bug in this dialog that doubled the first character of the product key when I tried pasting the key in with Ctrl-V)

Now whenever I run DofUpdater I get a message "Downloading Updater Update" After 5 mins of downloading I get "Checking Products Key", "Showing Updater Window", the window then opens for a single frame and disappears before I can get a screenshot of it.

Any ideas what to try from here?

amm253
05-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Luckily now I have a non-trivial updater-log.txt Doesn't have much information on the error but perhaps this will help someone on your end track down the stage that is failing.

amm253
05-28-2012, 04:41 PM
I've given up trying to get the updater to work for the time being. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

amm253
06-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Any other suggestions? This has just been taking up HD space for the last week and no combination of installs/uninstalls seems to be helping. Is no one else getting this problem?

swuopa
06-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi all,

today i downloaded the game and install it on my pc at the office, all well and i play it. So i bring the downloaded file at home and installed on my pc (less or more are similar pc at the office i have 7 32bit and at home 7 64bit), when he finished to install at first run i got the message "you must activate it online" but there is no time to see other, he dont ask me the cd key so i cant put it.... now what i can do?

TheDirtySunFlower
06-15-2012, 05:20 AM
I install the game, begin to run it and its downloading the update but stops at "New Patch Received, ReValidating Files" and does not move. It also says server offline, which has been like that for 2 days now.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello, sometimes this messages "New Patch Received, ReValidating Files" gets stuck for 10 minutes or so, so please make sure to give it sufficient time. Otherwise you might have to reinstall:(

Sephirvine
06-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Hello, sometimes this messages "New Patch Received, ReValidating Files" gets stuck for 10 minutes or so, so please make sure to give it sufficient time. Otherwise you might have to reinstall:(

i have the same problem, i waited for like 2 days with this message... bugged launcher

Sellka
06-21-2012, 08:28 AM
OK, so I got the game off the free deal, now ive tryed to install it and it installs to a certan point. It does not update properly and I have no idea whats wrong here

Sephirvine
06-21-2012, 09:19 AM
for me, i had to restart the launcher agian and again till the game's patched correctly ( around 10 restarts :p )

skyler1199
07-06-2012, 10:00 AM
my dof just opens on a black scren then just says the error report screen then just closes how do I make it so the error report does not show up

TheCrimsonEscapade
07-20-2012, 12:41 PM
I downloaded the game installer and tried to run it, but it gives me an error saying "Error reading from file [Directory Path]\DawnOfFantasyInstaller.msi Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

koe1
08-30-2012, 04:48 AM
Hi.

I got a free CD-key for the game yesterday(via heavengames) and got the game installer via the link provided. I installed the game and first time I input the CD-key under the installation the pop-up screen quickly flickers away and a shortcut is added to the desktop.

When I manually tries to start the game the same screen asks for the CD-key, when it is inserted and the submit button pressed, windows immidiatly says the program has stopped working.

I have tried:
re-installing the game
re-installing .net
running as administrator
deactivating my anti-virus.

My laptop specs are:
Windows 7 - 64 bit
I7- Quadrocore 2GHz
8 Gb RAM
a nvndia gtx 460m graphics card.

The updater log seems to indicate I may be missing some files.

I Hope you can help me with it.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi koe1,

The only reason we know for this crash, as if your firewall blocks DoFUpdater.exe. Try running it with Windows Firewall disabled, or DoFUpdater.exe added to the Exceptions list.

Also - perhaps try restarting the computer, and/or checking Active Processes List (Cnt - Alt - Del Task Manager, go to Process list) to make sure DoFUpdater.exe is not there already, and if so Terminate that process.

koe1
08-31-2012, 11:00 AM
- I tried disabling my firewall
(after I got it running again as a malware(should be gone) apparently had knocked it out)

- Tried adding DOF_updater to the exeption list
- Tried deactivating all active protections from my anti-virus(Microsoft security essentials)
- Tried reinstalling and redownloading the installer

It all didn't work.

Any suggestions?

koe1
09-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I did a complete reinstall of my system, seems to work now. Probaly still had some corrupt files somewhere.

Maximus Zeus
10-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Hi...

Today i bought 2 CDs Dawn Of Fantasy....when i tried to install the game an error occured with this text " The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2908 " ...i tried and the other CD to install the game (the second one that i also bought ) but the same error happens...PLEASE HELP!!!!! :(

Brian Shingles
10-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Hi...

Today i bought 2 CDs Dawn Of Fantasy....when i tried to install the game an error occured with this text " The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2908 " ...i tried and the other CD to install the game (the second one that i also bought ) but the same error happens...PLEASE HELP!!!!! :(
From what I can find about this error, that error can occur if your .NET Framework installation is broken.

I recommend re-installing the .NET Framework - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872 - then after restarting your computer try installing Dawn of Fantasy again using an admin account.

If this doesn't work, let us know and we will help you find another solution.

jarzium
12-10-2012, 08:28 AM
hi,

i had no trouble playing with it at first but now it crashes right after the game updates and patches.

here's the error message. i've tried deleting and reinstalling, updating my drivers, etc. but still same problem.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dof.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f8dbfe7
Fault Module Name: Dof.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f8dbfe7
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 000073e9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1e7b
Additional Information 2: 1e7b8ffdc1fd02bb7a0b6e59dea28395
Additional Information 3: 298a
Additional Information 4: 298aba7d136b84f3089cf5ed8d049a74

Konstantin Fomenko
12-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Hello,

You are second player to report this in a week, and we are looking into this. Could you please look up a file Log.txt - it`ll be inside your Dawn of Fantasy folder. And please attach and email to support@reverieworld.com, this will help us track down and fix this much faster.

jarzium
12-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Hello,

You are second player to report this in a week, and we are looking into this. Could you please look up a file Log.txt - it`ll be inside your Dawn of Fantasy folder. And please attach and email to support@reverieworld.com, this will help us track down and fix this much faster.

hi, i tried doing that but the log files are all empty.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Here`s few more step for you to try:

Hello,

Some things you can try.

1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.

2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DofUpdater.exe as exception

3) When you start the updater, try to right click - and Start as Administrator (or Run as Administrator)

4) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

5) Try getting the latest .Net Framework (free download, just google it)

6) To confirm you already tried using the latest client located here? http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

7) Lets try uninstall one more time, but this time also removing temp updater files:

a.) Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/) for details), the folder AppData should appear.
b.) Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:

Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCXZdOf06Y
Windows XP: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Application_data_folder_in_windows_xp
Windows Vista: http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/appdata-folder-in-windows-vista/

c.) There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.

TheWitcher300
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi, I am having trouble with the DoFUpdater.exe: .Net framework v4.0.3031 problem when I click to launch the game(I use Admin too) but I have it installed and everything but it still says I need it? I have reinstalled and repaired it many times but still it's the same results. Any clue what to do?

Konstantin Fomenko
12-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi Witcher, I replied to you in your other post.

Brocnor
12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes hello, i'm having a problem with the loading of the files, it works all fine till it hits the last file where it still have normal amoug of KB / S as it does, about 23-64, but it doesn't load? it just stays on that last file, it has been trying to load for the pass two hours.. is there anyway around this and can it be solved with a simple way?

Konstantin Fomenko
12-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Hi Brocnor,

If this happens, just do this:

1) Close the updater.
2) Press Cntrl+Alt+Del - go to Processes,
3) Check that there is no DoFUpdater running there, if it is - Terminate that process.
4) Start updater again

OR

1) Close the updater
2) Restart Computer
3) Start updater again

Lord Lurk
02-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Here`s few more step for you to try:

Hello, I just recently bought the game through Desura, about a day ago, and have been trying to get it to run properly but I keep having the same issue every time.

I had no issues downloading the game through the Desura client, as far as I can tell no errors were given during the installation and Desura is reading that the game is "Ready" and fully verified.

I followed the 7 steps that Fomenko has posted here about 7 or 8 times now, as well as a few other things, with every attempt ending in the same result. The DoFUpdater runs through the initial startup process and prompts me for my CD-Key, once I enter the key and hit confirm, the client instantly crashes and prompts me with this error log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: dofupdater.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.1.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4eb83f0c
Problem Signature 04: System.Management
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba1e140
Problem Signature 07: 24e
Problem Signature 08: 10f
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 67ff
Additional Information 2: 67ffa67043b6292084abf523d5939cf5
Additional Information 3: da7d
Additional Information 4: da7d63fc8ab107e5ecb61744f2576748

I have tried searching through the forums but have not found anything yet that is identical to my problem, I'm posting this here finally as my attempts in solving this issue so far by myself have been unpromising.

I see that sometimes the uh, updater-log file is asked for, so I am attaching it here just to cover my bases. If any other information is needed, please let me know and I will gladly update the post to include it.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated, I am very curious about DoF and would like to see if all the hype I have seen for this game lives up to my expectations.

EDIT: Forgot my system specs:

CPU: AMD 4-core

GFX: Nvidia Gforce GTS 450

RAM: 8 GB

HHD: 250 GB

And yes, every driver I can possibly update has been updated; sound card, graphics card, motherboard, cpu, bios, ram, hard-drive, network, runtime libraries, etc, etc, etc...

gaudy24
02-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Do you get it as soon as you start the game from the desktop?

Also, this:

I got it from a different thread. Some people are having problems starting the game, one of the people from the DoF programmer team is going to be looking into it today, and should have a fix for it soon. Maybe that'll help you.

Edit: Thanks for the sticky ^_^ I'll try and keep it updated!

mira tengo un problema, va todo perfecto descargar y eso pero al iniciar me aparece como que quiere iniciar pero no inicia, lo e reinstalado y e instalado todo lo que pone en la pagina pero nada no va a y tambien lo de administrador.
ace tiempo me iba porke llegue a jugar iba bien tube un problema con la cpu y ahora lo intento y nada si me puedes ayudar y si no indicar que hago muchas GraX

Yder
03-11-2013, 06:45 AM
hi, the CD key does not work I have not downloaded the game, how can I do? A strange thing that starts with 6 letters RM03IJ-ect .... know how to do?