PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

ObscuredUSA
10-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I have four male elf workers mining gold. Yet it only has +0.7 gold? I even have a trent there. I believe trents make the workers work faster.. Is this normal?

Togorn
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
I have four male elf workers mining gold. Yet it only has +0.7 gold? I even have a trent there. I believe trents make the workers work faster.. Is this normal?

Hey,

I couldnt say as ive not even been in the game yet, still updating etc, but I would assume that each worked only gives like a +0.1.9 etc to mining.

woody8917
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM

ya, stuff like that should be normal, i have 2 groups of peasants working a gold mine and for awhile was only making 0.7 from them but my sheep were making me like 3.7.
but after some upgrades in tools you will see a diffrence in what your making, my stone mine workers went from 1.5 to 3 with one upgrade.
but im a human city and i know elf's get some of the resources in different ways but the overall system should be similar.

Novakiller
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
its normal, goes up and down all the time at different points, sometimes you'll get really high yeild, other times you get next to nothing

Jean=A=Luc
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM

The displayed gather rates behave quite erratically and tend to fluctuate wildly. Try to observe it a bit more and see if it goes up and down.

It appears that workers make pauses while working so it's not often that you'll see the cumulative gather rate of all 4 workers displayed at the same time.

Fork out some influence on Unicorn Synergy, it will allows unicorns to trickle in gold for you, and get a few more herds of them. Also looting even small armies can provide elves with hundreds of gold so always bring one or two female wardens on quests (females are better fighters, males are best left mining).

ObscuredUSA
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
The displayed gather rates behave quite erratically and tend to fluctuate wildly. Try to observe it a bit more and see if it goes up and down.

It appears that workers make pauses while working so it's not often that you'll see the cumulative gather rate of all 4 workers displayed at the same time.

Fork out some influence on Unicorn Synergy, it will allows unicorns to trickle in gold for you, and get a few more herds of them. Also looting even small armies can provide elves with hundreds of gold so always bring one or two female wardens on quests (females are better fighters, males are best left mining).

Wow, I didn't know females loot items. I thought just the army loots items. Is there a way I can fight NPC armies rather than human armies? I'm really having a hard time getting my economy going, and the last quest I did, my army just pretty much got owned. I'm only down to 2 archer groups and my hero.

Jean=A=Luc
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow, I didn't know females loot items.

Actually only workers can loot (the skull icon) and females are better to bring along into battle since they have bows (but suffer penalties on resource gathering).

Is there a way I can fight NPC armies rather than human armies?

Well, quests. The early ones aren't hard. Use your hero to tank. He has a self-heal and armour increase spell so he can take quite a bit of punishment. While everyone is ganging up on the hero just fill 'em up with arrows from Rangers and Female Wardens and then use the women to loot. Don't waste time because corpses disappear after a while.

You can also create an army and head out on the world map. Just stop at a random place and click to see your army on the battle map. There will be small hostile armies there but those maps are laggy to the point of unplayability for me but maybe you'll have more luck.

It depends on what region and talents you've chosen but the elven economy, at least in my experience, can be pretty much automated an almost worker free.

Deer auto-produce food, unicorns auto-produce gold (if you buy the upgrade), tree spirits generate wood (built from the Tree Symbiosis building), elven houses can generate any resource you choose (except stone) and alchemy labs create any resource you want by transmuting the other three resources into the chosen one (they create more than they use up so it pays off and it gets better with upgrades).

It's a little slow to get going but pretty neat once it does. But chose your upgrades carefully, don't waste influence. Focus on economy first.

ObscuredUSA
10-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Actually only workers can loot (the skull icon) and females are better to bring along into battle since they have bows (but suffer penalties on resource gathering).

Well, quests. The early ones aren't hard. Use your hero to tank. He has a self-heal and armour increase spell so he can take quite a bit of punishment. While everyone is ganging up on the hero just fill 'em up with arrows from Rangers and Female Wardens and then use the women to loot. Don't waste time because corpses disappear after a while.

You can also create an army and head out on the world map. Just stop at a random place and click to see your army on the battle map. There will be small hostile armies there but those maps are laggy to the point of unplayability for me but maybe you'll have more luck.

It depends on what region and talents you've chosen but the elven economy, at least in my experience, can be pretty much automated an almost worker free.

Deer auto-produce food, unicorns auto-produce gold (if you buy the upgrade), tree spirits generate wood (built from the Tree Symbiosis building), elven houses can generate any resource you choose (except stone) and alchemy labs create any resource you want by transmuting the other three resources into the chosen one (they create more than they use up so it pays off and it gets better with upgrades).

It's a little slow to get going but pretty neat once it does. But chose your upgrades carefully, don't waste influence. Focus on economy first.

Thanks for the tips. I may have messed up because instead of updating for economy, I instantly went straight to building stone walls. The NPC in my town said I should build walls ASAP to help defend my town. Ahh well, I'll just be a late bloomer. =D

Jean=A=Luc
10-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the tips. I may have messed up because instead of updating for economy, I instantly went straight to building stone walls. The NPC in my town said I should build walls ASAP to help defend my town. Ahh well, I'll just be a late bloomer. =D

You have time before you reach the quest that causes you to be attacked in earnest, I think you'll see it coming from the context of the storyline. It's not a big deal with the walls, you just "lost" some stone that you were gonna spend later anyway. Wall construction can be paused so your stone doesn't get constantly drained unless you want it to.

The influence lost on stone walls could be a bit of a problem but you would've been able to afford it soon enough anyway. It's just that some of your economic upgrades will be a bit delayed. Doing quests slowly gets you more influence and so does pvp.

ObscuredUSA
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
You have time before you reach the quest that causes you to be attacked in earnest, I think you'll see it coming from the context of the storyline. It's not a big deal with the walls, you just "lost" some stone that you were gonna spend later anyway. Wall construction can be paused so your stone doesn't get constantly drained unless you want it to.

The influence lost on stone walls could be a bit of a problem but you would've been able to afford it soon enough anyway. It's just that some of your economic upgrades will be a bit delayed. Doing quests slowly gets you more influence and so does pvp.

Oh! So instead of there being a timer before you are attacked, it is progression of the quests? That's cool.