PDA

View Full Version : Brisingr

nickson104
10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes it is a thread about the latest book in the Inheritance CYCLE

Well i dont know if anyone else here reads them, but if you want to keep fond memories of the series then dont read brisingr

I will give nothing away but say that it annoyed me to no end

This was because of how cliché much of the book was and the massive gaps that have been left out and the unexplained, making a character seem to become a major figure of the story then not mentioned again.

It seems that Mr Paoloni ran out of ideas and merged a load of the fanfictions into one big cheesefest of a book that was obviously just a money ploy and has ruined the whole series in my mind

Puppeteer
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I loathed the first book but, because I don't like giving up on books, attempted the second. Bad decision. I find the books immensely boring, poorly written and has really typical characters.

kronlc
10-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Bernard cornwell writes some good books
if you get hard on medievil fantasy I got 3 of his
warlord trilogy and ragers every time its true.

ash12181987
10-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Cornwall is awesome. Love his first two in the archers tale trilogy (Even if the third managed to be a monumental kick in the balls if you enjoyed the first two), and his Saxon Tale series are pure gold. I'll be the first to admit he goes straight for the rather transparent evil portrayal of most religious figures (Like, rubbing their hands together, while cackling and twirling their mustaches), but it's still good.

iceblast
10-23-2008, 10:37 AM
these books sux now. i dont read them or like the series anymore a big rip off of fantasy.

kronlc
10-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Cornwall is awesome. Love his first two in the archers tale trilogy (Even if the third managed to be a monumental kick in the balls if you enjoyed the first two), and his Saxon Tale series are pure gold. I'll be the first to admit he goes straight for the rather transparent evil portrayal of most religious figures (Like, rubbing their hands together, while cackling and twirling their mustaches), but it's still good.

I enjoyed his grail quest trilogy.(archer books) His third one wasnt to bad'
but it wasnt what I expected ...the ending ....everyone getting the pox..
Saxon ones rock. I just finished lords of the north and am waiting for
his final release.