PDA

View Full Version : Creating Armies on the World Map

sCor
10-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Some thing, that I have found to be quite annoying was, that I could not select which specific unit I want to put in the army I create.

For example I wanted to take the spare horse-cart with me, so I could add in more gold for trading. Turns out though, that my army took the one, that I had positioned near the goldmine instead of the one I had just bought (the one that was standing around with no purpose).

Easy way to circumvent this issue:
Allow players to add all the units they have grouped together via hotkey at once without having to select them. To explain this:
I would have grouped my horse cart with my army under hotkey 1 and would have added the entire group 1 into my army. That way I can specifically select what unit I want to be gone and which unit I want to keep at the specific location it's standing at.

I hope I wrote it in an understandable way :p

Jarno Montonen
10-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Hey! I can definately see the problem and your suggestion is really good too :). Have to look at if we can put something like that in at some point.

SurfNinja
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
i would agree, you have idle workers and it takes a worker that is producing something
it would be so much better if you had the ability to select specific troops or units to put in army

Jarno Montonen
10-03-2011, 05:02 AM
i would agree, you have idle workers and it takes a worker that is producing something
it would be so much better if you had the ability to select specific troops or units to put in army

There is an icon on the worker units on the transfer window which indicates wheter the worker is gathering some resource or constructing (on orcs). Maybe the solution would be to add more of these: for horse carts that are used as drop off point and for battalions that are getting healed on the well atleast.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Great ideas! I think an icon to show if battalion is being healed, is on top of walls would also help.

Meanwhile a suggestion - the troops you want to keep in your town - create a new army, Garrison it in your town, and use that army to keep all the troops you want to station in your town, and not worry about adding them to any other armies by mistake.