PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes as soon as i cliclk Kingdom Wars

Nathanel
10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi...As the title says game crash and says dof.exe stopped working.I can play online kingdom but not singleplayer kingdom wars.i tried 4 or 5 diffrent clean install but have no success at alll.Here is my gamelog.

Nathanel
10-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Time is 2011 10 2 3:16
Mithrill Setting Up 0,0
Found 8 Proccessors
Lua Opened
Lua Set Up
Found aihomelands
Found homeland
Found intromap
Found introvid.st
Found introvid.ws
Found introvid505.st
Found introvid505.ws
Found quests
Found regions
Found resource
Found skirmish
Found towns
Found worldmap
PackManager Initialized
Default Settings Initialized
Raster SetUp Begin
Raster Formats Decided BackBuffer=22 ZBuffer=75
Raster Entered 1920x1080 @0
Raster ShadowMap Format=D3DFMT_A16R16G16B16F
Raster DXTN Support Found
Using Compressed Textures
Raster SetUp
Audio SetUp Begin
Audio SetUp Finished
Interface Created
Interface First Render
Set Cursor
Running Resource\Unit\!emulatedfuncs.fus
Running Resource\Unit\!formations.fus
Running Resource\Unit\!globalvariables\!globalvariables.fu s
Running Resource\Unit\!globalvariables\!mmortsvalues.fus
Running Resource\Unit\!globalvariables\!setglobalsettings. fus
Can not index type Nil on line 17 in Resource\Unit\!globalvariables\!setglobalsettings. fus
Mesh Reference Error "" file does not exist
Texture Reference Error "" file does not exist
Mithrill SetUp Complete
Map "" Loaded
MapBin 0 Loaded
Scenario Maps Loaded
Scenario Subfile Loaded "ScenarioProperties.txt"
Scenario Subfile Loaded "MapProperties0.txt"
Scenario Trigger Script Loaded
Scenario AI Bounding Infomation generated
PortalCount=1709
Scenario PathMaps Generated
Scenario Loaded
LOGONLY: CallBack.OnFinishedLoadingScenario() | GameMode: Menu
LOGONLY: CallBack.OnBeginCinematic() | GameMode: Menu

Sparrow
10-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Got the same problem, found a fix yet?

Konstantin Fomenko
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Guys,

Can you please confirm couple of things:

1) Online Kingdom and singleplayer skirmish works just fine now?

2) Crash happens after you have created your campaign - and start to load it? What towns did u pick and what campaign settings?

3) You were never able to start Kingdom Wars even once?

4) Does Online Kingdom mode also very often crash for you guys?

Valkyrie
10-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Kingdom wars doesn't work for me either crash as i click on it.

"1) Online Kingdom and singleplayer skirmish works just fine now?" Yes works fine.

"2) Crash happens after you have created your campaign - and start to load it? What towns did u pick and what campaign settings?" I can't even get this far.

"3) You were never able to start Kingdom Wars even once?" Nope, crash as i click it.

"4) Does Online Kingdom mode also very often crash for you guys?" Very rare for crashes in online mode for me.

Nathanel
10-09-2011, 02:17 PM
same as me

Ronin65
10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
I have the same problem

seanh4747
10-27-2011, 04:38 PM
1) Online Kingdom and singleplayer skirmish works just fine now? yes it does

2) Crash happens after you have created your campaign - and start to load it? What towns did u pick and what campaign settings? Not able to get this far to find out

3) You were never able to start Kingdom Wars even once? When i click my shortcut and the game appears to be loading..then it crashes

4) Does Online Kingdom mode also very often crash for you guys? If i double click on any kinda of building (ie, barricks, warehouse) it crashes

Konstantin Fomenko
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
We are back looking into this issue guys. And with your help will have this working in the 1.1.0 patch this Wednesday.

As we are working on figuring this out - we`ll need a bit more info from you guys (we really appreciate your help!):

1) Can you please get the game to crash again, and right after post your Log1.txt file here.

2) Can you check Dawn of Fantasy installation folder, and confirm you have the following folders and files
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap.mithpak
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\Current\
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap\Map.dofscn

3) And to confirm - you guys weren`t part of the Beta Testing? That would explain what`s going on.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Does this bug still happen to anybody? We could really use more information (as I listed in the above post) to help us fix it:)

Thanks.

lalofuente
11-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi,

As other people, I also have the Kingdom Wars crash when I try to play 1 player. Not only this. But the Editor also crashes when I click on it.

I bought the game on Monday and it´s being quite a bad experience for the moment. I hope you guys will solve this soon. Otherwise I prefer to return the game to the store and get my money back.

I looked for the folders & files you posted:

Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap.mithpak ----> NO
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\Current\ ---YES (There´s only a file called: DND.txt)
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap\Map.dofscn ---> YES (this is the only file in the folder)

I attached the complete Log1.txt file (it´s too long to post it here)

Konstantin Fomenko
11-05-2011, 03:17 PM
lalofuente,

Thank you for the log file and additional information. We`ll have a fix for Kingdom Wars bug in the next patch early next week. And really sorry about the bad experience - most of the remaining bugs in Dawn of Fantasy effect only some players, some are less lucky that the others, and our development team will not rest and continue patching the game until everyone can play the game free of bugs.

MiSKiN
02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
i have the same problem,
I find WorldMap.mithpak in the main folder Dawn of Fantasy not in the KingdomWars
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\Current\ is OK only DND inside
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap\Map.dofscn is OK

And I wasn't part of the Beta Testings.

Phelipgu
07-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I too can´t start Kingdom Wars. But my game is patched with the last version. How do i fix this?
I was on beta test, but i uninstalled the game. I just bought the game this week.
I can enter in the online game, but when i come back, my game doesn´t has saved anything and I have to start from the begining.
(sorry by the english, Brazilian)

Kaemonik
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dof.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5145f95e
Fault Module Name: Mithrill.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 515cd99b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001b2b18
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Happens on start up after the first segment of the loading bar occurs.

Brian Shingles
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the report.

There might be some errors in your log that could help us resolve this, so if you could post those after a crash that would be appreciated.

You can find information on posting logs here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337)

bloomarbles
04-04-2013, 03:48 PM
My game crashes at random times during the game in all game modes. I run on the lowest settings and plays fine for about 10 minutes and then the computer shuts down without warning. This has only happened when playing World in Conflict. If you have any advice please tell me.

Sovelis
04-04-2013, 06:42 PM
this is happening to me now.....was working fine earlier like say an hour ago but now it crashes at the start up of the game. it also takes a hell of a long time to verify files even though all are verified

merkeba
04-04-2013, 11:47 PM
this is happening to me now.....was working fine earlier like say an hour ago but now it crashes at the start up of the game. it also takes a hell of a long time to verify files even though all are verified

Yep, same here. Works fine for an un specified amount of time, take a break and then.... DoF.exe has stopped working......

What a joke. Good luck getting it fixed.

Brian Shingles
04-05-2013, 06:05 AM
We are working on fixing these problems but the more information we have the easier that will be. Please post any crash details and/or logs.

As for verifying files on start up, Steam is actually much quicker at this and updating the files than our own updater. Have you tried activating your game in Steam?

Talladal
04-05-2013, 08:03 AM
As soon as I click the single player campaign ("Kingdom wars"), the game crashes to desktop. I send you the log file. What can be done?

Talladal
04-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\Current\, worldMap.mithpak and Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap\Map.dofscn are in the installation folder. I did not take part in the beta testing.

Zvonzi
04-05-2013, 08:21 AM
I have also strange "DOF.exe has stopped working" bug, but it's really not doing anything. When i start game, i get that error, but updater starts like nothing has happened.

Sovelis
04-05-2013, 11:00 AM
We are working on fixing these problems but the more information we have the easier that will be. Please post any crash details and/or logs.

As for verifying files on start up, Steam is actually much quicker at this and updating the files than our own updater. Have you tried activating your game in Steam?

yes its the same for both.......and i have sent in my logs before its the same issue

legolas7
04-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap.mithpak.I cant find this folder in my game

JGFalbo
04-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Same Problem here.

Hope i can help with the problem

1) Online Kingdom and singleplayer skirmish works just fine now? Yes

2) Crash happens after you have created your campaign - and start to load it? What towns did u pick and what campaign settings? Can´t get that far

3) You were never able to start Kingdom Wars even once? Play fine on the 1 questions modes

4) Does Online Kingdom mode also very often crash for you guys? Not at all, games runs smoothly

Now about the files:

Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap.mithpak No
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\Current\ Only a DND file
Dawn Of Fantasy\KingdomWars\WorldMap\Map.dofscn Yes

Zvonzi
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Try this - http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78133&postcount=6

Jester0311
04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Folks i apologize that i dont get to spend as much time in this forum, i am stretched a little thin with projects of my own. With that said i run my Development programs from steam to track my hours on projects, this also alows me to keep tabs on those forums, so i encourage everyone to check out those forums as well, i've encountered and help several people with a plethora of issues, i also have remote assist (gotomeeting) so in the most extreme cases i can help directly. This alleviates the communication errors often encountered on forums. In the steam community i am also Jester0311 feel free to hit me up and i will help directly as i have time.

JacobOneEye
04-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I have the same problem. And sometimes when I want to play online, it says: "Connection timed out." or "Cannot connect to server! Please update your game.". I have recently acquired the game from Steam. The game version is 1.5.0.

Jester0311
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Please insure you have added dof.exe and mithrill.dll to your firewall exceptions, as well have you already tried the above link?
If there is an update for DoF and you do not have and a steam restart did not work, in your steam library right click dof, properties, updates tab, make sure "Always keep this game updated" is selected. then verify your local cached game files, this is in the next tab over Local Files.

JacobOneEye
04-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Please insure you have added dof.exe and mithrill.dll to your firewall exceptions, as well have you already tried the above link?
If there is an update for DoF and you do not have and a steam restart did not work, in your steam library right click dof, properties, updates tab, make sure "Always keep this game updated" is selected. then verify your local cached game files, this is in the next tab over Local Files.

1) I don't use firewall.
2) I have restarted Steam, now the game version is 1.5.1. (I still can't play Kingdom Wars)
3) I can't find "C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\dof".

Jester0311
04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
replace %user% with your user name, sorry mate, thats just how im used to putting it :)

JacobOneEye
04-11-2013, 08:17 PM
I still can't find that folder :S. Can you tell me the name of any file that is in that folder?

Jester0311
04-11-2013, 08:40 PM
local_saved_data

JacobOneEye
04-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I searched My PC and found no file with that name :(.

Zvonzi
04-12-2013, 10:55 AM
What OS do you use?

JacobOneEye
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
What OS do you use?

Windows XP 32 bits Service Pack 3.

Zvonzi
04-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Try to look under C:\Documents and settings\%your user profile name\Application data :)

Jester0311
04-12-2013, 11:30 AM
that file wont exist if he has never successfully played, creating an account, edit settings, created city. There are some threads regarding XP Compatability issues. I will see if i can dig one up. I may load up one of my other Rigs with xp and work on a workaround this weekend. XP handles registry entries and such differently. Had similar issues with our optimaztion software for our equipment/PLCs so lets see if i still got it :)

JacobOneEye
04-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Try to look under C:\Documents and settings\%your user profile name\Application data :)

That was the first folder I searched but there isn't any folder named "dof".

Zvonzi
04-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Look at Jester0311's reply :D

JacobOneEye
04-12-2013, 11:53 AM
that file wont exist if he has never successfully played, creating an account, edit settings, created city. There are some threads regarding XP Compatability issues. I will see if i can dig one up. I may load up one of my other Rigs with xp and work on a workaround this weekend. XP handles registry entries and such differently. Had similar issues with our optimaztion software for our equipment/PLCs so lets see if i still got it :)

Thanks Jester i love you ! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

JGFalbo
04-12-2013, 01:37 PM
I already try deleting the files in appdata and i´m still got the problem.
Any other solution ?

Jester0311
04-12-2013, 11:02 PM
did you also delete the interfacedata.dat file in the Main directory of DoF?

JacobOneEye
04-13-2013, 10:56 AM
If it helps, I copied the error that comes up when I click on Kingdom Wars (it's in spanish).

---------------------------
Dawn of Fantasy: Dof.exe - Error de aplicación
La instrucción en "0x10122d86" hace referencia a la memoria en "0x00000000". La memoria no se puede "read".

Haga clic en Aceptar para finalizar este programa
Haga clic en CANCELAR para depurar el programa
Aceptar Cancelar

JGFalbo
04-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Yes.

I tried to delete both InterfaceData.dat and local_saved_data.

Still not working.

Jester0311
04-13-2013, 08:41 PM
If it helps, I copied the error that comes up when I click on Kingdom Wars (it's in spanish).

Dawn of Fantasy: Dof.exe - Error de aplicación
La instrucción en "0x10122d86" hace referencia a la memoria en "0x00000000". La memoria no se puede "read".

Haga clic en Aceptar para finalizar este programa
Haga clic en CANCELAR para depurar el programa
Aceptar Cancelar
So a memory reference error. These can be tricky. I can tell you this is related to the difference between xp and newer versions of windows and how they handle memory and the registry as i stated earlier in the thread. Can i get a DXDIAG i have a graveyard of systems laying around ill try to match specs and drivers etc.

JacobOneEye
04-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Did someone find how to fix it? or will it be fixed with the new patch ?

Ajr337
04-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello. I have the same problem as you have. When i click to play Kingdom wars the game stops for a moment and then it crashes writing me that "Dof.exe" has stopped working.I have tried to remove the files in C:\Users\Užívateľ\AppData\Local\dof or rebooting my pc but none of this works for me. I hav bought this game today. My version of the game is 1.5.5 and i hope that these logfiles will help.

Comp50
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
I tried deleting both files in dof but when I enter the game they re-create and my username and password are still there, and singleplayer Kingdom Wars doesn't work.

Found a file with name "World map.mithpak" in main Dawn Of Fantasy folder at the very bottom if that helps.