View Full Version : Good so far...

10-01-2011, 02:18 PM
But i was wondering about the speed of the game. Its awlful slow for a mmo environment. Took 4-5 hours to make a barn. Resource gathering should be much faster to allow for more fighting i would have thought.

Its almost as bad as those browser games that take 5 hours to make a structure and nothing to do in between the building cycles. You know games like astro empires, ogame, etc....

Will the speed be adjusted later on, or is there a reason for this? Most rts games are a lot faster (AOE, EE, etc...).

Dont get me wrong, like it so far, but my time is limited with working 12 hrs a day, family, etc... Waiting so long kinds of ruins "my" time if you know what i mean.

Im still playing, and not trolling or trash talking the game. Just needs to move faster.

Thanks for making this type of game, hope to have much fun in the future.

And i have one question about gameplay. I read the manual, lacking in many details.
Where can i go to read a more in depth manual about races, units, etc.
Thanks again

10-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah because of the city builder aspects of DoF that's the "slow" part. The SP Kingdom Wars is much more fast action oriented. You might give that a try if you have limited time some days.

10-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Don't know you but it took me 1 day to get my buildings done except walls/gates/towers as an elf and we don't have a market in a matter of speaking.

10-01-2011, 02:30 PM
yeah i wish it would be a little faster but i dont mind it

Konstantin Fomenko
10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Things really start to pick up after first few hours, once you have 2+ armies trading, fighting, exploring on the world map, 20+ peasants on your homeland, some buildings under construction e.t.c - the slow pace becomes a blessing.

10-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I was having this same concern before I bought this game, having played games like Lord of Ultima. I made a thread about it and one of the devs assured me that this wouldn't be the issue.