PDA

View Full Version : Good so far...

Onomas
10-01-2011, 03:18 PM
But i was wondering about the speed of the game. Its awlful slow for a mmo environment. Took 4-5 hours to make a barn. Resource gathering should be much faster to allow for more fighting i would have thought.

Its almost as bad as those browser games that take 5 hours to make a structure and nothing to do in between the building cycles. You know games like astro empires, ogame, etc....

Will the speed be adjusted later on, or is there a reason for this? Most rts games are a lot faster (AOE, EE, etc...).

Dont get me wrong, like it so far, but my time is limited with working 12 hrs a day, family, etc... Waiting so long kinds of ruins "my" time if you know what i mean.

Im still playing, and not trolling or trash talking the game. Just needs to move faster.

Thanks for making this type of game, hope to have much fun in the future.

O

And i have one question about gameplay. I read the manual, lacking in many details.
Where can i go to read a more in depth manual about races, units, etc.
Thanks again

GPS51
10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah because of the city builder aspects of DoF that's the "slow" part. The SP Kingdom Wars is much more fast action oriented. You might give that a try if you have limited time some days.

andreicde
10-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Don't know you but it took me 1 day to get my buildings done except walls/gates/towers as an elf and we don't have a market in a matter of speaking.

chanman20
10-01-2011, 03:30 PM
yeah i wish it would be a little faster but i dont mind it

Konstantin Fomenko
10-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Things really start to pick up after first few hours, once you have 2+ armies trading, fighting, exploring on the world map, 20+ peasants on your homeland, some buildings under construction e.t.c - the slow pace becomes a blessing.

Sephriem
10-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I was having this same concern before I bought this game, having played games like Lord of Ultima. I made a thread about it and one of the devs assured me that this wouldn't be the issue.