PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain?

Safey18
10-01-2011, 12:01 PM
So I really do like the game and the people making it but things like this do annoy me. The game has been advertised as being 29.99USD since I can first remember a price being announced.

Example: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3994

Heres really what you need to see "Dawn of Fantasy, is now available for pre-orders! Available at the low price of $29.99 USD". Yet when I purchase the game I get charged 29.99 Euros and it actually costs around $44 USD. Now I'm not one to cry over $14 but it just seems quite deceitful to do this. Any explanation?

Dragontooth
10-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I have the exact same question. The web site, where it says "Buy Now," clearly said the price was $29.99, yet I was charged in euros. Whether intentional or not, it amounts to false advertising.

GPS51
10-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah my understanding of this problem is that it's the site handling the orders which RWS has no control over.

Vostroyan1
10-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I was charged 25 euros. Which I think is a little above 30 dollars, but not that much. I'm on eastern coast of U.S

Grimreefer
10-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Same issue, but from the UK, advertised as 19.99, charged 29.99 Euros, which is significantly more expensive. Roughly 6 extra. Charged a higher rate of VAT as well, so that is an additional problem.

Jarno Montonen
10-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Hey, just letting you know that we hear you, and this is obviously not how it should go. Atleast you should know wheter you're paying 29€ or 29$. I'll ask Konstantin to look at this.

Just to confirm. All of you bought from shop.dawnoffantasy.com ?

Really sorry for this!

Konstantin Fomenko
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Edited with Updated Information

We`ve checked with publisher - and the game is priced at 29.99 Euro, 25 Pounds, or around 40$ US. And this is how it`s suppose to be.

Onomas
10-01-2011, 03:11 PM
So how much is the game from you guys then? 29.99 USD? I live in the USA and was charged a VAT tax also. THought this was just a European tax?

25 and some change for the game
5 for the vat tax
----
30 euros roughly

Not a lot of extra money, but if overcharged will the customers get a refund for the extra or justbest not to think on it? ;)

SurfNinja
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
FYI

so the game is advertised as $29.99, but when clicking buy it converts to 29.99 Euro
by the time the currency translation came in, it came in as $41.93 (I purchased using paypal)

woody8917
10-01-2011, 05:03 PM
hmm just noticed this (b/c of this post) i re-checked the email and i was hit for 25.08 Euro. well i guess we will all see whats what on monday.
dang forgot the most important info to give about this, im in the US.

andreicde
10-01-2011, 05:17 PM
same here.it was supposed to be 25 euros right?

eddieg501
10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
it says 29.99 on site and when you click on that it says 25.09 i think in what euro? and now I understand people are being charged 45 and 50 dollars? this should have been worked out long ago, I understand you are having a meeting about it on monday , but does this mean if I go ahead ond order and you charge me 50 bucks when i should be getting charged 19.99 that I am going to get a credit on my credit card? this is a very important and legitimant question

andreicde
10-01-2011, 08:25 PM
it says 29.99 on site and when you click on that it says 25.09 i think in what euro? and now I understand people are being charged 45 and 50 dollars? this should have been worked out long ago, I understand you are having a meeting about it on monday , but does this mean if I go ahead ond order and you charge me 50 bucks when i should be getting charged 19.99 that I am going to get a credit on my credit card? this is a very important and legitimant question

well personally I got charged 25 euros which was the price I believe which should come to 34 USD. However,I purchased on their official site. The problem when you purchase from stores or other places is that it can go up since the stores want money too.For example, I heard from someone in game that in Norway, the game in store sells for around 40-50 USD so you can't really blame the company,but the game store instead.

Jarno Montonen
10-02-2011, 04:06 AM
These problems should only exist in shop.dawnoffantasy.com (the buy link on this page). Additinally marketing apparently states the wrong price in some cases.

Until this is resolved, if you want to be sure about the price you will be charged (and I'd definately like to if I'd be bying something :o), I'd recommend buying the game from some other online retailer and not believing the advertised price but look at the actual price on their online shop.

eddieg501
10-02-2011, 02:24 PM
These problems should only exist in shop.dawnoffantasy.com (the buy link on this page). Additinally marketing apparently states the wrong price in some cases.

Until this is resolved, if you want to be sure about the price you will be charged (and I'd definately like to if I'd be bying something :o), I'd recommend buying the game from some other online retailer and not believing the advertised price but look at the actual price on their online shop.

I have only seen it advertised at this site and direct 2 drive so I will wait until oct 8 when game stop supposedly sells it for 19.95

ObscuredUSA
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Wait. The game is 19.99$ for US customers? WTF? I paid 29.99 USD at D2D.

Sephriem
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM

Yea, the publisher messed up when pricing the game or something, game the same price for all regions so some people paid 45-50 USD. They said they will look into it on Monday, although I'm not sure if that means the price will go down to 19.99$ and people who paid the 29.99$ will get a refund or not.

andreicde
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I think the actual price was 25 Euros not USD

ObscuredUSA
10-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Yea, the publisher messed up when pricing the game or something, game the same price for all regions so some people paid 45-50 USD. They said they will look into it on Monday, although I'm not sure if that means the price will go down to 19.99$ and people who paid the 29.99$ will get a refund or not.

I wouldn't mind a refund, but I don't think it should work like that. Since I purchased it at D2D for 29.99 dollars when it should have been just 19.99 like the developer said in this thread for US customers.. I should at least get 10 dollars refunded.

bkt86
10-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Hey guys - yeah this is wrong, and on Monday we`ll go over this with our publisher and various retail merchants.

Basically what`s going on is this:
-Our game shop powered by NextWay, sells the game for flat 29.99 Euro. (While mistakenly advertising for 25 Euro)
-All over the world different countries have different price set for DoF. It costs 19.99$ in US, 25.65 Euro in Spain, 29.99 Euro in Germany e.t.c - And these are the prices being advertised. However - since everyone is buying the game from NextWay shop - they are paying 29.99 Euro.

So the problem here - is the one of regional advertisement overlapping. GameStop - who will be selling the game for 19.99$ in US will only start selling it on October 8th for example - but already their advertisement for a lower than European price is all over the place. I`m not sure how NextWay got mixed up into this as well.

Bottom line - this is our publisher`s department - and on Monday we will try to address that.

Just curious if anyone in US is selling it for 19.99 atm? Gamestop doesnt even have it listed anywhere on their site, even the "coming titles" section.

Jarno Montonen
10-03-2011, 04:28 AM

We can't really speak for the prices on the 3rd party shops. The problems that are discussed here are related to the pricing confusion on the shop on this site.

But hopefully we know more about this today!

Sephriem
10-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Just curious if anyone in US is selling it for 19.99 atm? Gamestop doesnt even have it listed anywhere on their site, even the "coming titles" section.

Everywhere I check has it for 29.99. Direct2Drive has it for that amount. In all honesty, I don't think Next Way is doing all that good of a job with distributing this game.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE]Guys, I was mistaken - just confirm with publisher The pricing for US customers will be at least 29.99$ US once the game goes on sale in the states, possible even 39.99$. We`ll be able to confirm with-in a week.

Right now the price from our shop is officially at 29.99 Euro. (25 Euro base price + fees/taxes)

Dragontooth
10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
What does that mean for the U.S. customers who bought the game on this website for a listed price of $29.99 and were then billed in euroes, i.e. $41?

D0uble0
10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I was just about to buy this from the UK. When I Clicked the "BUY NOW" button, it took me to a page that said "19.99 Download now". I went to pay through paypal and reviewed my basket and found it changed to 29.99 euros!?!? which converts to just over 25! I would have been happy to buy this game for 19.99 after playing the beta for a while, but over 25? I don't think so. Not until at least a few reviews have come out first.

I feel for the people that were already "conned" in this way. I know there's a "perfectly reasonable explanation" but will people that didn't notice the price change at the checkout get refunded the difference? You really need to remove the link, or sort it, as this is clearly False advertising!? Can't be legal.

Sephriem
10-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I was just about to buy this from the UK. When I Clicked the "BUY NOW" button, it took me to a page that said "19.99 Download now". I went to pay through paypal and reviewed my basket and found it changed to 29.99 euros!?!? which converts to just over 25! I would have been happy to buy this game for 19.99 after playing the beta for a while, but over 25? I don't think so. Not until at least a few reviews have come out first.

I feel for the people that were already "conned" in this way. I know there's a "perfectly reasonable explanation" but will people that didn't notice the price change at the checkout get refunded the difference? You really need to remove the link, or sort it, as this is clearly False advertising!? Can't be legal.

It's not false advertisement. They said they thought it would be 19.99$, they said this during the weekend and weren't able to check with the publisher until Monday (today). Blue post above you says that it was a mistake by them thinking that the publisher had it for 19.99$ and that it will be 29.99$ or even 39.99$ in the USA. He also said that until it's solved you can buy the game for 29.99, which if you're in the USA you should use a currency calculator to find out that it's something like 36$

eddieg501
10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
It's not false advertisement. They said they thought it would be 19.99$, they said this during the weekend and weren't able to check with the publisher until Monday (today). Blue post above you says that it was a mistake by them thinking that the publisher had it for 19.99$ and that it will be 29.99$ or even 39.99$ in the USA. He also said that until it's solved you can buy the game for 29.99, which if you're in the USA you should use a currency calculator to find out that it's something like 36$

whooo, whoooo, whooo, he said it would be $19.99 at game stop in the US, I checked game stop/Impulse which is ther digital download service and it is selling for $29.99. Are you meaning to tell me that the day the game goes on sale he has no idea of the price , than he quotes a wrong price and then finally he quotes 3 different prices, if this is the way the game is going to be run that is sad. We just want to know the real price! please

Dragontooth
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM

You need to get your facts straight. There is indeed "False Advertising" going on and it still going on at this moment. If you are in the U.S. and you click on the "Buy Now" link at the top of this page you're going to see a price of $29.99 listed. When you get billed, however, you are billed 29.99 euroes, which amounts to about $42. If you don't catch the change, you're duped into paying $12 extra. I assume people are still getting duped since the price on the "Buy Now" page hasn't changed.

D0uble0
10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry, but it is false. If they had to wait to find out from the publisher the correct price, then why not disable the buy it now option from this site? Yes they admitted the mistake above my post. But is this an official announcement of their mistake? Not really, considering it's on the 2nd page of another posters thread.

Not everyone will find this post when buying the game, and not everyone will realise that a game CLEARLY advertised as one price on their OFFICIAL website, will end up costing them $10 or 5 more than what they originally though it was unless, like me, they reviewed the final cost at the checkout. You shouldn't have to review the cost of your purchase to make sure it hasn't had it's price bumped up? should you? i know some people here who didn't.

If you go into a shop and a pack of beer is ADVERTISED on the shelf as 5 and you take it to the checkout and the cashier says "10 please" you do not have to pay 10 because it has been officially advertised on their shelf as being 5. The store is legally obliged to charge you the ADVERTISED amount, and not what the cash till says. Fact!

Dawn of fantasy is ADVERTISED on their OFFICIAL website as being 19.99, or $29.99 dollars or Euros. Yet when you come to the checkout, the final amount you pay is MORE, with no other explanation than "Hey Guys - Yeah this is wrong" legally you should not have to pay more than the advertised amount, and now that Reverie employees know about this, they should be actively doing something about it rather than leaving the option to still buy the game under a false price, and coming out with comments like "We`ll be able to confirm with-in a week"

That said, I do like this game and will eventually buy it once I can be convinced it's worth the cash, however much they decide it's going to be. But I won't part with a penny until they sort this issue, because if I had finalised my payment and then realised after that it actually cost me more, I would certainly be enquiring about my legal rights as a consumer and be challenging this further.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Guys,

Could you please provide some links to the different prices or a screenshots. If is it advertised for 19.99 somewhere - we need to fix this ASAP, problem is - we checked the retail website - and can`t find this. We`ve checked with publisher - and the game is priced at 29.99 Euro, 25 Pounds, or around 40$ US. And this is how it`s suppose to be.

Can someone please link to the page they see 19.99$ US?

Dragontooth
10-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Here's the link where it says $29.99 ...

http://shop.dawnoffantasy.com/Dawn_of_Fantasy-739308.html

D0uble0
10-04-2011, 03:17 AM
Here is the link I am getting sent to http://shop.dawnoffantasy.com/Dawn_of_Fantasy-734351.html can I also clarify that it is 19.99 this is in GBP NOT USD. €29.99 converted into British pounds is equal to just over 25, so a 5 difference. Thanks for looking into this. If this hasn't been resolved by the time I return home, I will also post a screen shot that clearly shows the "download now" bar with the price of 19.99

Konstantin Fomenko
10-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I hoping to have official message from our publisher tomorrow, as well as things changed on the Next Way website.

Novakiller
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
looked at my statement and i cant even see what the charge is under yet... anyone know? for US customers? i think i only got charged $29.99 tho which would be correct yes?

D0uble0
10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't want to cause any issues with this and I apologise for going on a bit of a rant. I can see you are actively trying to resolve this, but it does need sorting a.s.a.p otherwise it will only give out the wrong impression. I have cut out the section of the webpage from my link above, using windows snipping tool. Here is the link to what I see when I click buy now from your web page:
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn464/Locki666/DoF.jpg

Novakiller
10-04-2011, 08:41 PM
see when i clicked the usa flag on the top right hand corner when i ordered, it came up as a charge os $29.99, which to be honest, i have no problem paying that for a game. But i never had the issues you guys had where it was showing the wrong currency ect... I think a lot of people ordered and didn't click on the correct flag for their region where they were buying it, and just rush to order it from the default site setting instead of changing it, think thats where a lot of this confusion is comming from, and therefore got over charged because forgot/didn't relise, they needed to click on the flags first before purchasing.

eddieg501
10-04-2011, 09:23 PM
yea this makes your game look real bad, I would hope you clear this up as soon as possible and please dont start quoting prices unless your are absolutely certain , thanks

Novakiller
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Just figured i'd add screenshots on what happened with me. I think i figured out what the issue is as well. It seems to revert back to euros on the second page where you select which type of card to use for which you HAVE to click on the correct flag location AGAIN in order for it to show in up dollors, i would have thought it was common sense to make sure it was in dollors first before proceeding but the screnshots are what SHOULD appear if done correctly.

http://s2.postimage.org/2mmpdn0x0/dof_price.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2mmpdn0x0/)

http://s2.postimage.org/2mnfu8ktg/dof_price2.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2mnfu8ktg/)

http://s2.postimage.org/2mnhhrxb8/dof_price3.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2mnhhrxb8/)

EDIT: if you notice, on the second screenshot, you have the language flags again on the top which you HAVE to click again on this page in order for the 3rd screenshot screen to appear in dollors, or whatever currency your buying it with. It'll get fixed people and ppl that got over charged im sure will get payed back the difference some how...

andreicde
10-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Just figured i'd add screenshots on what happened with me. I think i figured out what the issue is as well. It seems to revert back to euros on the second page where you select which type of card to use for which you HAVE to click on the correct flag location AGAIN in order for it to show in up dollors, i would have thought it was common sense to make sure it was in dollors first before proceeding but the screnshots are what SHOULD appear if done correctly.

http://s2.postimage.org/2mmpdn0x0/dof_price.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2mmpdn0x0/)

http://s2.postimage.org/2mnfu8ktg/dof_price2.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2mnfu8ktg/)

http://s2.postimage.org/2mnhhrxb8/dof_price3.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2mnhhrxb8/)

EDIT: if you notice, on the second screenshot, you have the language flags again on the top which you HAVE to click again on this page in order for the 3rd screenshot screen to appear in dollors, or whatever currency your buying it with. It'll get fixed people and ppl that got over charged im sure will get payed back the difference some how...

Um to me it shows 25 Euros which is equal to 34 dollars which is exactly what I payed

D0uble0
10-05-2011, 01:59 AM
I didn't get the wrong currency? when I clicked buy now it took me to the download page and obviously recognized i'm from the UK and translated the currency into pounds. I didn't have to click a "flag" . I selected the paypal option, and it wasn't until I reached the final checkout page where you click the button to pay, that I realized the price was completely different. This issue is not here because people are not clicking the correct "flag" Novakiller, your example has just shown the issues people are experiencing in the US, I think if you continued through the payment process, at the end it would show that you played 29.99 instead of dollars. And i believe 29.99 euros is alot more than 29.99 dollars. I think the safest way to check is to pay through paypal because at least you can review all the costs including tax, before you commit to paying.

Novakiller
10-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Nexway only took out $29.99 for me, so it was the correct payment and yes, i was learning more towards the USA people, not people from europe for the most part D0uble. Hope you get it straightened out and paypal can refund you if you did it that way, as paypal transactions are insured. But cif you do NOT click those language flags, it DOES revert the payment into euros, it does my end anyway so i WOULD make sure to click on those, and im betting you didn't d0uble because you thought it came up in pounds. If it didn't show up as pounds on the 3rd screen of the transaction (3rd screenshot) then you paid in euros.

Just for the record, im from the UK too, just over in the states right now, i know the conversion rate cheers....

Shows up on statements as NEXWAY DOWNLOAD PA NANTERRE.

Jarno Montonen
10-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Guys thanks a lot for the help on this! And sorry for the resolution taking so long, but it's not really (fully) on our hands :(

D0uble0
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Nexway only took out $29.99 for me, so it was the correct payment and yes, i was learning more towards the USA people, not people from europe for the most part D0uble. Hope you get it straightened out and paypal can refund you if you did it that way, as paypal transactions are insured. But cif you do NOT click those language flags, it DOES revert the payment into euros, it does my end anyway so i WOULD make sure to click on those, and im betting you didn't d0uble because you thought it came up in pounds. If it didn't show up as pounds on the 3rd screen of the transaction (3rd screenshot) then you paid in euros.

Just for the record, im from the UK too, just over in the states right now, i know the conversion rate cheers....

Shows up on statements as NEXWAY DOWNLOAD PA NANTERRE.

Thanks for the reply Nova, but i think you are still missing the point a little. You must have been one of the lucky ones! Because from what I gather from here, people in the US were led to believe that the game was in fact 29 dollars, but it wasn't until they paid for it, it turned out to be 29 euros. As you are in the know with conversion rates, I think that ends up being 39 dollars. I didn't THINK that I saw 19, the screen shot I took proves it. Surely if I clicked a flag, as you are maintaining that I had to to avoid this (which I didn't have to as i used the paypal option) then the price should have said 25?! The point I am making, which these guys seem to be sorting out, is where did 19.99 come from if that price isn't true?

Edit: I was going to attempt you solution and click a flag to see if it made any difference but it appears they have already resolved the problem. It is now showing the correct price of 24.99. I didn't even have to click a flag :-)

Konstantin Fomenko
10-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Guys - update on our end.

Our publisher is working this out with Next Way, problems should be fixed with-in 24 hours. And it should display prices properly without any miss-advertisement. For example, the the British price of 15, that later becomes 29.99 Euros, will be displayed correctly as 24.99 - that converts to 29.99 Euro.

Again we are really sorry that the provider our publisher choose made this mistake. In the end - nobody over-paid - as it`s same price for everybody, but this was miss-advertised, and we can`t argue with that.

Novakiller
10-05-2011, 06:45 PM
lol well thats great news konst, and yes i may have missed the point a little as i often do lol, which i apologise for if i was incorrect with any info, just wanted to help some peeps that were having some difficulty. I personally, had to click the flags tho, just for clarification heh

ANYWAYS GUYS!!!! awesome its now working correctly... last thing i want is people not playing this game because its frakking AWESOME!!!!!! :D

Wolfentir
10-07-2011, 01:30 AM
How come GamersGate sells game for US $30 and here you guys sell it for more then US$50 (25 Euros)?

Dragontooth
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM
A week later and this web site is still listing the game as $29.99 U.S. dollars for those who order it from the U.S. How much work does it take to change a dollar sign to a euro sign on a html pagel? Or is the publisher just trying to rip people off? You guys are really playing with fire on this.

SysOpPsyche
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
A week later and this web site is still listing the game as $29.99 U.S. dollars for those who order it from the U.S. How much work does it take to change a dollar sign to a euro sign on a html pagel? Or is the publisher just trying to rip people off? You guys are really playing with fire on this.
I purchased mine digitally thru Gamestop Impulse for 29.99$ USD so I think thats the intented price, plus the prices may be Region-Locked (a term I heard used to describe it from Steam users) where different regions (and consequently) currencies have different prices. Might be due to bank fees (currency conversion), Taxes, Distributer contracts, etc.
Regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Best bet is to worry about your own charges and finances while letting them handle theirs. If you got mischarged - your payment provider always has an option to dispute the charge to either correct it or remove it. Hope it works out for you.