PDA

View Full Version : [Community Videos] why dont we work togethere to promote this game.

White935
10-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Well i dont have any talent when it comes to video editing. but in a couple of weeks when the main bugs has calmed down and the Angry Ragers (whom exsist in every game, and who's life is dedicated to buying and asking for a refund). has gone away. collect video samples (i dont which tool works the best with the game atm lag wise) and start uploading footage somewhere for those with the skills to edit into nice proms for upload on youtube and who knows mayby elsewhere.
so that whenever a cool or "cinematic" scene can be used to put togethere some great videos.

axal011
10-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Well i dont have any talent when it comes to video editing. but in a couple of weeks when the main bugs has calmed down and the Angry Ragers (whom exsist in every game, and who's life is dedicated to buying and asking for a refund). has gone away. collect video samples (i dont which tool works the best with the game atm lag wise) and start uploading footage somewhere for those with the skills to edit into nice proms for upload on youtube and who knows mayby elsewhere.
so that whenever a cool or "cinematic" scene can be used to put togethere some great videos.

I do agree, although same boat, I don't have the talent, though I do know what to throw in!

chanman20
10-01-2011, 01:09 PM
well i do have fraps but as far as editing goes im not the best :o

White935
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Yeah but for now we could just collect material work. then somone with skills could use the pieces to patch it up. basicly just thinking we as a community could frap and collect and then store it all on a common uploading section somewhere ( any free services? )

Pepi18
10-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Well I have an interest in video editing and a couple of months ago I started learning Adobe After Effects. It has a very steep learning curve and it's not something you learn over night; it takes years to learn After Effects. But I am slowly getting more and more tools under my belt.

I just discovered this game yesterday and purchased it today. But perhaps it would be a good idea to have a project to practice my new skills on!

I'll keep it in mind and be in touch on the forums.

Joseph Visscher
10-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I like this thread,,, go forth and spam youtube with dof videos! :P hahaha. I may make a few after all this patching calms down :)
I could see a contest with this aswell later on in like a month, a video contest, who can make the best youtube video promoting dof, which ever video gets the most views in a period of time will win, the winner will be given like say,, 1000 Wealth/influance? that would be fun lol.

White935
10-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Anyone got a suggestion for a free program thats suitable for collecting footage then. and perhaps an idea where we could commonly pool uploads for anyone who want to make videos. (aka if alot of us make raw materials then a few could go throught and use it instead of having to go throught the trouble of trying to scene it all himself)

Jarno Montonen
10-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Anyone got a suggestion for a free program thats suitable for collecting footage then. and perhaps an idea where we could commonly pool uploads for anyone who want to make videos. (aka if alot of us make raw materials then a few could go throught and use it instead of having to go throught the trouble of trying to scene it all himself)

CamStudio is one I've succesfully used many times: http://camstudio.org/

P.S: I love the thread too! :)

White935
10-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Am reviving this thread, as the game becoming less buggy, we might begin producing some footage.

anyone know of any server spaces (free preferly?) Which can be access by several users so that we can pool all the footage taken into a single area for those who'd volunteer to put it togethere ?

Wolfentir
10-13-2011, 05:13 AM
And people post some gameplay footage on Youtube. It can be fights vs NPCs or just some quests.

I realy want to see some.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-13-2011, 08:31 AM
I`ve found something like 15 gamepay videos on youtube already this morning!:) Just search Dawn of Fantasy for recent videos in the past 10 days.

And yeah - we should definitely make a contest out of this, perhaps the screenshot contest first though....

Uzik
10-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Game is too buggy to seriously push now.

Maybe this patch will make a difference, but right now the PvP only works half the time, and only works WELL a quarter of the time.

ObscuredUSA
10-13-2011, 09:47 AM
I'd love to join this, but I have no clue how to make sexy videos.

White935
10-13-2011, 11:17 AM
I'd love to join this, but I have no clue how to make sexy videos.

Thats the whole point of this obscured, we'll need somewhere to upload footage, when those with video editing skills can use the raw material to produce it. but catching " cool/nice/good "scenes is hard. therefor if everyone collect material, it'll be easier for those with skills to up it up togethere.

Alex Walz
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Here's some cool fan videos I'd recommend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2iboHfJ01s&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xg9z0yh2mI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Wqh9KVEz4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcwXMaNDlLE

:)

Novakiller
10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
I'll be making some videos of DOF soon, its just a matter of getting all my sh!t together, time, ect.. unfortunately i get a lot of videos taken off youtube for some reason... but i've been doing videos for about 9 yrs or so now so im kinda experienced when it comes to sony vegas and adobe premier video editing software, so if anyone has any questions ask away i might be able to help ya.

I'd love to say that DOF is the only game i play, but it isn't hehe, so in the next comming weeks when some other major games get released i probably wont have a lot of time to do frapss and videos of DOF so i'll try and do some between now and end of the month :D

Novakiller
10-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Ok here is 1 video... It's not the greatest video i've done, having some codec issues with youtube by the looks of things even though this video was at extreme quallity and 2.5GB in size as i wanted it in HD, but heres the start of my DOF vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbqbOO4dDlY

Brian Shingles
10-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Nice video, Novakiller.

It's a good intro/tutorial for anyone looking to play as Men.

Alex Walz
10-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Indeed, great video!

Novakiller
10-19-2011, 09:40 PM
thanks a lot guys... i shall be doing more, hopefully much more lol... its finding the time, encoding and uploading times aswell!!! that video was 2GB lol

White935
10-20-2011, 08:38 AM
thanks a lot guys... i shall be doing more, hopefully much more lol... its finding the time, encoding and uploading times aswell!!! that video was 2GB lol

Yeah i've had issues with the cam studio program. when i try to record the deskop it's just fine, but the game it just goes all freaky ( still viewing the deskop not the game ,but screen is like shakeing with pink striples and like, looks like a old busted tv).

Dalizon
10-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I have some experience with video making, I got some videos on Youtube of other games, like Guild Wars, videos that are actually pretty good.

Check out the Battlestarter page if you wanna see them, some of the videos are just starter videos, kinda suck, but there are a few good ones.