PDA

View Full Version : A question before I buy this game.

Sephriem
10-01-2011, 05:35 AM
I learned about this game earlier today, and it look's like it's right up my alley. I have one concern about this game, though.

I read in an FAQ that you still get currency, resources, etc. even when you are offline. I played a game like that (Lord of Ultima) which is also a castle/empire building game (albeit not a good one) but I found myself running out of things to do and just staring at my computer while my workers gathered resources or trained units/upgraded buildings since it took hours to do this. I'm hoping this game is different and has more to do than just sit and wait while the AI does things for you. I'm looking for someone to clarify this for me.

Thanks,
Sephriem

Jarno Montonen
10-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Hey!

Completing quests or going out with an army to fight AI bandits or engaging in pvp combat should be atleast as good way to gain resources than gathering. Additionally you get wealth from quests and pvp combat which you can use in the market to buy special units or traditional resources.

And, nothing is preventing you from leaving your workers to gather while you take your soldiers to the real bussiness! :)

Overall, thought has definately been put into rewarding active players rather than encouraging the kind of passive play style you are describing.

Sephriem
10-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the fast reply. I'll definitely be giving this game a try today, looks like its just my type of game after having gone through the entire Civ/Total War/Age of Empires series!