PDA

View Full Version : Couple/Lots of of Questions

sCor
10-01-2011, 03:21 AM
I haven't heard of this game until yesterday (sadly I missed the beta because of that) and it got me really curious, since it sounded like the type of game I have wanted to play for a long time.

Even though there is quite an extensive FAQ lots of things are scattered all around the forum so I still have a lot of questions left.

1. First of all I would love to know how the player base is spread out. Obviously the game lives from it's multiplayer part, because thats what makes it special. Is there a large amount of players in the EU, or is the majority playing in the US(I'm not asking for exact numbers)?

2.) Concerning the online Kingdoms mode:
I'm still confused as to how exactly the PVP system works. If I can't attack the castles of players who aren't online and I'm sitting in the corner of the map surrounded by inactive players aren't I totally screwed because I practically can't really do anything?
Wouldn't this limit me severely to the players who are around me.

3.) What happens, if a players turns totally inactive, is there some sort of system implemented to deal with this or will there be lots of "Ghost-Castles" after some time?

4.) What happens if I attack someones castle and another player has the same idea some minutes later, will he drop into the game or be prevented from attacking?

5.) Can I just randomly fight players out on the field or is limited to whoever has units nearby?

6.) Last question: Since the Kingdoms Mode Map is instanced to prevent excessive load, what actually can I see on it apart from cities and my own units (since I seemingly can't see the units of other players)? Is it just used for navigation or can I get any informations on how the other players are doing (for example, if an enemy army is closing in on my city or someone else is under siege)?

I know that turned into a wall of text but I hope I can get some answers :) (so far I'm leaning towards buying it).

Jarno Montonen
10-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Hey, great to hear you're interested! Here's my take on your questions.

1. First of all I would love to know how the player base is spread out. Obviously the game lives from it's multiplayer part, because thats what makes it special. Is there a large amount of players in the EU, or is the majority playing in the US(I'm not asking for exact numbers)?

The game is localized on english, german, italian, spanish and french, and is being sold and marketed (equally) in europe and north america, so I'd expect the player base to be pretty equally distributed between these to continents (I don't have any exact numbers though).

2.) Concerning the online Kingdoms mode:
I'm still confused as to how exactly the PVP system works. If I can't attack the castles of players who aren't online and I'm sitting in the corner of the map surrounded by inactive players aren't I totally screwed because I practically can't really do anything?
Wouldn't this limit me severely to the players who are around me.

Logged off players don't affect your gameplay at all. Their cities and armies just aren't 'there' so having a lot of inactive players in your home region or the nearby regions doesn't really consern you. And if there's no one in the nearby regions to fight agains or ally with (highly unlikely!), nothing prevents you from searching players from regions further away.

3.) What happens, if a players turns totally inactive, is there some sort of system implemented to deal with this or will there be lots of "Ghost-Castles" after some time?

Check the answer above :).

4.) What happens if I attack someones castle and another player has the same idea some minutes later, will he drop into the game or be prevented from attacking?

When you engage in a pvp battle, be it by attacking someone or getting attacked you can not be attacked again ~30 minutes from the end of that battle. You commit and attack during that time though.

5.) Can I just randomly fight players out on the field or is limited to whoever has units nearby?

You can choose to only target the armies in the region of your army, or additionally also target the armies in nearby regions.

6.) Last question: Since the Kingdoms Mode Map is instanced to prevent excessive load, what actually can I see on it apart from cities and my own units (since I seemingly can't see the units of other players)? Is it just used for navigation or can I get any informations on how the other players are doing (for example, if an enemy army is closing in on my city or someone else is under siege)?

Currently you see your own city and armies, and NPC cities and quests on the world map, but there's no indication of the activity of other players. We understand that when we add alliances/guilds you'll need to be able to get some info about the activities of your guild mates and of guild that your in war with.

Hope this helps!

sCor
10-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Wow thanks for the quick heads up.
That sounds good enough for me to buy it :p

Abister
10-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Just to clarify, is there going to be a "world world map" that shows all of the other players surrounding you, or is there going to be a "world map" and a "player world map?" Or to help clarify my question, how are they going to be "there" or "not there" when they're logged off?

Thanks in advance, Abister.

Jarno Montonen
10-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Just to clarify, is there going to be a "world world map" that shows all of the other players surrounding you, or is there going to be a "world map" and a "player world map?" Or to help clarify my question, how are they going to be "there" or "not there" when they're logged off?

Thanks in advance, Abister.

I don't think that making other players visible on the map is a good idea as it would really really clutter it with thousands and thousands of small icons which you couldn't tell apart anyway. So that is not planned. On the other hand, something like a 'heatmap' which would tell you approximately how much armies of each race (and in the future guild/alliance) are in each region could be a good idea. What do you think? :)

andreicde
10-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't think that making other players visible on the map is a good idea as it would really really clutter it with thousands and thousands of small icons which you couldn't tell apart anyway. So that is not planned. On the other hand, something like a 'heatmap' which would tell you approximately how much armies of each race (and in the future guild/alliance) are in each region could be a good idea. What do you think? :)

That works. Also when someone with huge Pvp rating walks around it should be announced so players can go hide in cities and not have their armies wiped.

xeovy
10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I have a question pvp.
Yesterday I was doing my military missions.
An army of another player attacked me.
why attack me?.
as it did to attack?
That I have to do to do the same against another player?
If I decline the battle, what happens?.
I was surprised to see me attacked by an army that had not seen.
The bad thing was that I hit a beating and lost most of my army that used for missions.

Was not pvp
I thought no one could attack

Abister
10-02-2011, 11:18 AM
So you're not going to have neighboring players? How do regions work?