PDA

View Full Version : Performance Issues - Visual Lag, Combat Lag, Load-time Problems, Temp Freezes e.t.c

Danny Vink
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Report any performance issues here including but not limited to Low FPS, abnormally long load times, stuttering, artifacting and temporary freezes.

Make sure to provide:

Full system specs or preferably a DxDiag.
Which map the problem occurs on if applicable.
Exactly what you were doing when the problem occurred, moving a unit on the worldmap, ordering a unit to attack, switching a formation, etc.
Anything else you think might be important.

Sleeper
09-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Hello,

The game laggs when im using gamers mouses like razer lachesis or deathadder
Tried with my old mouse ... it doesnt lag at all
its mostly when selecting units or clicking on them.

Also on gamer keyboard you cant ctrl+1 units.. and if you manage to do that somehow, it wont show you your units when you double click 1

Will this be fixed somehow?

Thanks

BrandungsFels
09-29-2011, 08:35 AM
hm i have to confirm that

so far i thought its the game which causes the lags
but as sleeper said, the game seems to have some problems with soem mice
using g3 laser mouse, the game runs smooth as long as i move my mouse very slowly - the instant i make a fast move game lags
activating/deactivating setpoint didnt work - do not have any other mouse to test though :)

regards
-Fels

Konstantin Fomenko
09-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for your reports guys! Well... this is totally random. We`ll start taking a look at this.

Jean=A=Luc
09-30-2011, 09:38 AM
When I "enter a region" on the world map I get terrible lag and stuttering that make the game virtually unplayable. Minimap also becomes unresponsive in the sense that the little trapezoid, showing the area I'm currently looking at, doesn't move as I scroll the map.

Strangely enough if I alt+tab out of the came and then go back in the lag recedes but just for a moment. I have so far observed and tested this only in the Taltos region. Moving about the home city works fine though performance in general is still a but clunky.

Cukulen
10-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm experiencing major lag and slow motion all over the game, i just dont understand why :( the battles are esp bad! obv i dont want to get challenge to a fight and end up dying before the fight has even begun..

ps i cant find the 'attach' button anywhere in the interface to attach the dxdiag??

Konstantin Fomenko
10-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Cukulen

Please just list your computer specs. And are you on Windows XP? Did you try setting minimal visual settings?

If you are on XP - there is a known bug that makes the game lag really really bad, we expect a week with-in a week.

Cukulen
10-01-2011, 03:09 PM
im on xp yeah..

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/1/2011, 19:53:35
Machine name: TEAM-ODDSOME
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.100216-1441)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
System Model: GF7050V-M7
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 1213MB used, 3997MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7600 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0392&SUBSYS_04280000&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: hp pavilion mx70
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.8026 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/3/2011 12:49:00, 4210816 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 8/3/2011 12:49:00, 12542592 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-40D2-11CF-EA7C-242400C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0392
SubSys ID: 0x04280000
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Konstantin Fomenko
10-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Ok I see the problem.

First your video card doesn`t meet minimal requirments (Nvidia 9800 or better), but I guess game still somewhat works for you on lowest visual settings.

But the main issue is the bug with performance on windows XP, as I mentioned we will fix it with-in a week.

Cukulen
10-01-2011, 03:20 PM
in that case, can anyone suggest an 'affordable' upgrade for my graphics card?

Konstantin Fomenko
10-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Sure, go with Nvidia 9800. As I understand your mother board uses old type of Video Card slot - and from the older models, Nvidia 9800 (I forgot which sub-version is the best) is the best choice imo. I remember buying a brand new one two years ago for 110$. It`s probably more like 20$ now - but I`m just guessing.

Magicmud83
10-06-2011, 09:42 PM
For pve can run the game fine on high setting except when I move a large amount of units the game lag a bit for a few secs. For PvP it's a huge problem huge lag for both sides move troops get move orders and some troops don't even follow the orders given until a few more clicks, have try'd all settings no change. Orc if it matters.

Nimiria
10-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Random encounters (when going to the world map and then enter the random location to fight and hunt a bit) still are extremely laggy. At least forest regions. Had this now with elves and humans.

They are almost unplayable and make no fun since the visual lag is really bad in those.

Nimiria
11-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Hello,

when I select a big amount of troops from my army (for example all archers), the game really gets laggy. When I deselect them, it gets normal again. Donīt know why this makes such a huge difference.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi Nimiria, this is a known bug and we will be working on this with-in a week - at the same time we update our pathfinding system to make game not lag at all when tasking units or fighting.

Dreamwalker
11-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Here's a weird bug: when I click on a unit, about two thirds of the time their greeting starts in the middle. For example, sometimes a peasant would say "want some potatoes?" while others times just "toes?".

And sometimes, there is no greeting at all. Seems really random with greetings working fine one second and being incomprehensible the next.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the report, looking into this. We were aware of units sometimes not say their line, but never the cut-off....

chinoPTD
11-13-2011, 05:49 AM
same probleme here , in random encounter it's totally unplayable ,i got 3sec or more freeze.... it's on my laptop quad core i5 4go memory , on xp with a nvidia 2100 NVS ( i know it's not a gaming gpu ) . The strange thing is mission and capital is playable

Konstantin Fomenko
11-13-2011, 10:19 AM
We are working on the XP issue next and it will be fixed with-in a week guys.

Dreamwalker
11-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks, Kon, that XP lag gets me too.

Speaking of lag, I have serious lag issues when I visit a town. When I'm trading resources or buying mercs, or even when I'm just at the town menu, the game lags terribly. Not sure whether this and the other lag problem is related.

Boricsmith
11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey all,

I had a freeze at Nokkrasol when I was inside the city and was attacking inside the city with cav, archers, and enchanters. When enchanters created mass heal the game froze and I had to shut down. luckily payout was only gold. Attached is my log.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the report and for the log, investigating.

Neinth
12-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Game freezes at load screen,force quit game,try and log back onto that city and it freezes on load screen again,making city unplayable.

Only posting it here as well as the two technical threads cuz i am not sure,its a bug,but there are threads in technical for it as well.

smos6988
12-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Yesterday i bought the game installed it and played over 12 hours with no single problem.
When i started today i played about an hour or so doing nothing special except building troops and training them. Out of nothing the game started freezing every time i played about 1 or 2 min and still have the same problem and cant play anymore :confused:
I know the game is still a work in progres but i realy wanna play it. I tried lowering graphics but thats not the problem.(asus geforce gtx 460 top).

Joseph Visscher
12-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Yesterday i bought the game installed it and played over 12 hours with no single problem.
When i started today i played about an hour or so doing nothing special except building troops and training them. Out of nothing the game started freezing every time i played about 1 or 2 min and still have the same problem and cant play anymore :confused:
I know the game is still a work in progres but i realy wanna play it. I tried lowering graphics but thats not the problem.(asus geforce gtx 460 top).

what type of freeze is it, is it a one where sound loops endlessly and you need to restart your pc? or it just crashes to desktop?

if the sound is looping i think your pc could be overheating?
if so try this softwere, i personally use it to watch gpu temps and full fan control http://www.evga.com/precision/

If the pc is inside a cabinet with the door shut, try opening the door to let in cooler air and push hot air out, my father does this to play dawn of fantasy to stop all overheating issues.

smos6988
12-26-2011, 04:40 PM
what type of freeze is it, is it a one where sound loops endlessly and you need to restart your pc? or it just crashes to desktop?

if the sound is looping i think your pc could be overheating?
if so try this softwere, i personally use it to watch gpu temps and full fan control http://www.evga.com/precision/

If the pc is inside a cabinet with the door shut, try opening the door to let in cooler air and push hot air out, my father does this to play dawn of fantasy to stop all overheating issues.
it just freezes ingame and the sound keeps looping, its just stuck and i have to shut it down in task manager. no desktop crash or other things. it cant be my gpu because it doesn't go above 50 degrees celsius and no overclocking to. i am realy familiar with hard en software but this is realy weird. could it be that it is the internet connection???? because am on smallband for the moment. thx for the reply en srr if my english is a little bit of :)

Konstantin Fomenko
12-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Hello,

There are two possible explanations - either somehow your town got corrupted and causing these crashes - although unless you are transferring large amount of units between hometown and army, or fighting in a large quests, or siege battle - the game shouldn`t crash. But lets try the following based on our knowledge base:

1) Open your homeland and transfer all the Peasants/Laborers e.t.c worker units into an Army. Leave them there and try playing to see if it`s the workers. I think there is a possible crash related to worker unit corruption.
2) Create a new town - and see if the crash continue. If it is your internet and not something in your town this should also crash.

smos6988
12-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Hello,

There are two possible explanations - either somehow your town got corrupted and causing these crashes - although unless you are transferring large amount of units between hometown and army, or fighting in a large quests, or siege battle - the game shouldn`t crash. But lets try the following based on our knowledge base:

1) Open your homeland and transfer all the Peasants/Laborers e.t.c worker units into an Army. Leave them there and try playing to see if it`s the workers. I think there is a possible crash related to worker unit corruption.
2) Create a new town - and see if the crash continue. If it is your internet and not something in your town this should also crash.

thanks for the info. i think its the workers, because every time i move them to my town it crashes.

Bighead
02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello,

My game tends to run smoothly for a bit then it will start running very slowly until it almost freezes up, then it will return to normal. It happens in all areas of the game and I have tried using all graphic settings from the lowest to the highest, all having the same problem.

Thank You

Konstantin Fomenko
02-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Bighead, This seems to be the problem with a memory leak. We are releasing a potential fix in this weekend`s patch - please let us know if that helps you (patch will be out by Sunday)

Bighead
02-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Bighead, This seems to be the problem with a memory leak. We are releasing a potential fix in this weekend`s patch - please let us know if that helps you (patch will be out by Sunday)
The patch didn't seem to help at all. I duel boot my PC with XP and Vista, so I reinstalled under Vista and everything works great with Max settings

Konstantin Fomenko
02-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah - this patch didn`t include a fix for the Win XP lag bug, we will get to it eventually.

aramsm
02-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Hello,
Im experiencing terrible lag when I enter in a zone on world map and select my units. I noticed that the highlight are propably the responsible for this lag, I mean, when I select a troop the higlight around the units and around the portaits cause lag issues making my fps drops from 40+ to 5-9. I decreased some graphics options like water effects but as soon as I select some units I get lag.

If I select mass heal from apothecary I got lag if I have my units selected, as soon as I deselect them the lag is gone, and Im pretty sure that this happens because the portaits starts to shine. If I select a average amount of troops I got the same lag, if only a small amount I lag when they move.

My specs are:
GTX 460
i5 2.67Hz
4gb ram
win 7 64-bit

Thank you.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Hello aramsm,

Thank you for your report. I know we expect to fix this issue as part of the pathfniding update - hopefully due with-in 10 days.

VampirX4
10-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Hello!
I played this game 3-4 months ago and everything was fine.
Now I want to try again.
I have logged in and my menu has a slideshow.
Same problem in my city and in all game.
Sorry for my bad english and I hope you could understand me:D

Konstantin Fomenko
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Hey VampirX4 - I checked your specs and you should be able to run the game with top settings with no problems.

Have you tried setting all the visual settings to minimal, restarting the game and trying again?

Other than that the only recommendation is restarting computer and trying again, and making sure nothing runs in the background.

Hardware wise - nothing can really go wrong, got to be something on windows side - with some program running in the background causing this.

The only other thing to check - if you have changed any customer performance properties on your video card, try to reset it to default - if you played around in Nvidia or ATI Catalyst control pannels.

Nimiria
11-06-2012, 04:43 AM
It seems there is still a sound bug: When I zoom out much, stereo will be reversed. So what should be left, comes from right and vice versa.

Ubung
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Im getting unusually low performance from this game. By rights i should be running the game at max settings @ 1080p with a constant 60 fps with vsync on.

However im getting fluctuating fps when playing the game. As soon as my castle and my army became reasonably large my fps drops from a stable 60 to 35 - 45 fps. 35 when i hover over my castle and army, 45 everywhere else.

I dont have these issues with any other games. Even BF 3 only requires me to turn down AA to 2x for a locked 60 fps on 64 player maps.

Its a pity the performance is so mediocre as the game is very enjoyable.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
That`s what we get for using our own engine. While working relatively well for low end systems, it`s impossible to squeeze a perfect 60 out of it in all situations.

Try setting Water quality to medium. That might actually do the trick, or Draw Distance to Medium.

Ubung
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
That`s what we get for using our own engine. While working relatively well for low end systems, it`s impossible to squeeze a perfect 60 out of it in all situations.

Try setting Water quality to medium. That might actually do the trick, or Draw Distance to Medium.

Thanks for the quick response. After turning water quality to medium and draw distance to high I now get a locked 60 fps anywhere on my home town in mutliplayer.

I then tried a single player siege game to see how it fared with many units on the screen. I selected large armies and large reinforcements to get as many units on screen as possible.

On Dagbar it was locked 60 fps unless you hovered over the central building when it went down to 54 fps. Once the army came it started acting weird. 60 fps locked at the entrance with all the units I had fighting the enemy. However when i hovered over the town hall building it dropped to like 20 fps, even though there were only 2 sets of peasents visible on the screen at that time.

On Darssen it was locked at 60 fps no matter where on the map, even with all the units fighting.

Overall much better and now playable enough to enjoy myself. Thanks again.

Dogboy90
03-10-2013, 11:51 AM
My city can't advance like it should. it always seems to be stuck in a time loop to the first time I logged out for that city and all of the additions I've done for that city are gone.

sengrath
04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I'm having a performence issue.
Whenever I'm in battle or in town, game runs fine, but when I highlight several troops to give them command, I'm getting terrible slideshow that is ruining my pvp. Also sometimes I'm getting freezes every 5 second (i think that might be a memory leak or something)

Here's my dxdiag

Mumbo
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Im not sure if this happens to everyone or only me, but even if you set the sound to 0, I can still hear it and sometimes it gets pretty loud when selecting units and during fights.

bandor
04-04-2013, 09:25 PM
confirmed, I set music to 0 and I still hear it.

Brian Shingles
04-05-2013, 05:09 AM
@Mumbo/bandor - Yes, we need to improve our Music/Sound options. It applies to some sounds but not all.

Just posted this temporary solution in another thread:

With Dawn of Fantasy open, Alt-Tab to go to the desktop
Right-click on the Speaker icon in your System Tray
Select Volume Mixer
Adjust volume for Dawn of Fantasy or mute it

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/perpetual_noob/Dawn_of_Fantasy/AdjustDawnofFantasySound.jpg