PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Issues - Please post all multiplayer bugs here.

Danny Vink
09-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Report any multiplayer related issue - be it auto-match issues, out of sync, or other multiplayer issues here.

Make sure to provide:

Log.txt - you can find Log.txt in the main Dawn of Fantasy folder. Keep in mind new log.txt is generated each time you start a new game.
Description of what exactly what you were doing when the problem occurred
Anything else you think might be important.

giangfreedom
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
after i finish the nobal rebel quest my entire army got back to the home city and then when i was walking them back to the main house for healing, i was disconnected from the sever. After i log back in my entire army including the hero is gone.
after i log in and out twice i got my hero back but the army is gone for good. My army have 2 swordman troop 1 mercenary troop, 1 halber troop , 2 archer troop, and a cavalry troop.

So what is going to happen to my account now?

it was about 10:35- 10:50 AM 9/30/2011 PST time when this happen.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
after i finish the nobal rebel quest my entire army got back to the home city and then when i was walking them back to the main house for healing, i was disconnected from the sever. After i log back in my entire army including the hero is gone.
after i log in and out twice i got my hero back but the army is gone for good. My army have 2 swordman troop 1 mercenary troop, 1 halber troop , 2 archer troop, and a cavalry troop.

So what is going to happen to my account now?

it was about 10:35- 10:50 AM 9/30/2011 PST time when this happen.

We have address this in this post: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4152

For others reading this - this bug will be fixed in an hour so it won`t effect anyone else.

GPS51
09-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I was just playing PVP and was fighting another player when i realized I couldn't target or attack his hero which promptly owned a lot of my troops. Then just before I lost the last few troops the game went OOS. So far I'm 2/2 in pvp and OOS crashing the battle. In the 2nd battle i was mousing over the payoff price as the OOS happened and the payoff price little window stayed on screen after the battle and after I logged out of my city into the main menu.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-30-2011, 02:02 PM
GPS please include the region you were fighting in what troops you and enemy had in your OOS repots, this will help us know where to look.

GPS51
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
The fight was in rollingplains. I had 2 bladestorms/1 Grandmaster/1 hero/2 elven rangers. He had 1 light cav,1maceman/1 archer/2swordsmen units. I'm sure i'm at leat 90% accurate on the troop counts.

MorayTheMighty
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
whenver i am online and not matter how far i get when i log out and try to log into my town again the gamevstory just restarts and plays the starting video its getting frustrating and i really want to to play.

Strages
10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I got challenged to pvp and hit fight like normal, except this time nothing happened and all my resources were stripped like I had paid them off. Double fun bug. If it matters I was playing humans and my challenger was an orc, both ~190 army strength.

nuraiel
10-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I out of synced from a battle with an elf (myself playing as orc).
After that I had double the amount of ogres and catapults I should have had, but was missing a few other units I did not lose in the fight, including my hero.

The normal relog and restart later, he is still missing.

I could very well live with the loss of a few units, but the hero being gone is quite an annoyance (regarding the whole "You need your hero in the army to acess quest areas." thingy)

The related log should be this one, although I'm not really sure as I noticed the missing hero a while later when I wanted to continue questing.

Safey18
10-08-2011, 06:02 PM
You should monitor me when I PvP. Seriously I seem to find every bug there is haha. Here are things that happen to me regularly since the last patch. Might be good to see a list of issues for multiplayer in the one spot.

- Out of sync (for me always occurs when I first strike the enemy, rarely other times)
- Crashes (server going down)
- Units take 2 steps forward and 1 step back
- Multiple attempts to select battalions
- Game stuck on "Searching for target..." with no way to exit
- PvP match crashes before start, the town names get burnt into your screen (still) but not as many names as before
- Other player spawning with 0 units (happen to others not me)
- Killing the opposition but no victory flag triggered only happens occassionly (without a hero)
- If the opposition has a hero a victory flag won't be triggered (happens to others I haven't encountered it yet)
- Bugged units with significantly high attack
- No control over units abillities, formations or stances there is nothing where these buttons are supposed to be (happens to other not me)
- Pay off amount burns into the screen if the game ends while hovering over the pay off button
- If someone closes, exits or logs out during a PvP match the player remaining does not receive a pay off or influence

If I find more I'll edit this to add them. If you have questions about the above I will be more then happy to help and if it hasn't happened to me (which I indicated) I can point you in the direction of people who have experienced it.

grumil
10-24-2011, 08:59 AM
The pvp battles time is 2 minutes, after this 2 minutes the game declares the victory of the bigger army and gives the crowns, and the loser losts money and resources...

Mirrashar
12-07-2011, 07:04 AM
My City (Bromberg) was attaced today 14:30 gtm... but... got out of sync
my city own 90/90 man... Royal Dragon and many more units, after the 20 sec. out-of-sync battle got message : im lose, and nearly all units gone... (Dragon too)... 20/90 man survive the big out-of-sync creature. Whats to do to get my units back? :eek:

Konstantin Fomenko
12-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Mirrashas,

Could you please tell me you in-game username, the town name and the Slot 1,2,3 or 3 your town is in. We`ll investigate and recover your units for you.

Actually to make sure this post doesn`t get lost - please send me a Private Message with this information.

Aermord
02-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Loosing connection when initiating a co-op siege

This is what happened the 5-7 times I tried initiating a co-op siege with another player:

We were able to find each other in game and accept to join the siege together through the menu clicking the 'accept' button. We tried several times changing roles as the one initiating the siege and the other accepting.

Then the game started loading, but just before we got into the loading screen, the game comes up with a loss of connection to the other player error.

Then we end up in the loading screen and are frozen there while the music continue to play in the background.

I've attached three logs I think was for the sessions where we crashed.

ProblemSir
03-04-2012, 07:15 AM
My army was attacked by some other player. I accepted the battle inivation, the loading screen appeared with music in background. For 7 minutes nothing happened and I was stack on the loading screen. I closed the DoF process in windows task manager after this time.

Would be nice if you could fix the problem quick. Having choice between paying the enemy you cuould easy defeat or sticking on loading screen for ages sounds like joke to me.

Peace

ProblemSir
03-04-2012, 08:37 AM
And to the post above - the same happened after one of the battles PvE - seems you have some problems with loading screen, mates.

Brian Shingles
03-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey ProblemSir, sorry to hear you're having difficulties.

Next time you get this problem and you close out of DoF, can you reply here with your log1.txt file attached? This should help us find any errors that are preventing the loading screen from closing.

ProblemSir
03-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, problem appeared again after chosing "leave city". I am attaching the file to this post.

Btw. I have one more question - I have all graphic details set on "low" and 200Mb/s branwidth internet connection (That excludes lags for me) and during the PvP battle I have problem with even moving my army (slide show, half my orders is not displayed on the screen) while my enemy (we fought like 3 times in a row, he was attacking my armies one by one) was moving smoothly. Where is the problem?

Peace

Ithtorukk
03-04-2012, 10:59 PM
I have not been able to connect to a pvp match. Even after the patch, I still constantly get "out of sync" and "could not connect to a player" messages. This time, I found a possible reason for the infinite load screen as a result of "could not connect to a player". The message popped up half a second before I went into the load screen. The out of sync or could not connect to a player message always comes up within the first 10 seconds after loading in.

These have all been attempts to defend my town. (slot 1, Thikken Dal, full upgrades 62/90 pop)None of the matches end up on my profile either.

Not sure what is causing these errors, but this time I remembered to come here and post my log file. Log1

edit:
It just happened again, (after restarting the game in admin mode this time.. worth a shot) but this time it was an out of sync message and no infinite loading screen. Log2.

edit again:
I just ran another test, I went out to rolling plains, and engaged in a field battle against the same opponent who I could not sync with in my homeland. It was a very laggy experience, but it did work.

sedricg
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
dwarven riflemen can shoot through walls. had the same guy attack twice and he destroyed my army by shooting me through my stone outer wall. very annoyed at this as i just spent $20 on some points to bolster my army to stop him the second time to only be whiped out again..