PDA

View Full Version : Worker Issues - Peasant, Labourer, Maraurder,Dwarf Miner, Female/Male Warden glitches

Danny Vink
09-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Joseph Visscher:

Report Worker class related issues here, Issues Excluded from this thread (do not post the following issues as they are not related to the workers)
None

Make sure to include:

-If you had an in-game error and all of the workers suddenly stop doing something then upload your log.txt within the main game folder OR find the error you saw near the bottom of the log.txt and post it in a post.

-Details on what you where exactly doing and what all of your workers where doing and tasked to at the time of the issue, including but not limiting to workers in combat, doing special abilities like putting wildfires out, looting bodies, building or repairing buildings (Labourers), or just normal economical resource gathering tasks such as chopping down trees for Wood.

-Details on when or if you manually tasked the worker to a resource or used the resource tasking buttons for resource gathering related issues?

-Is the issue continuing to happen after restarting the game and reloading your homeland in which your workers remain bugged? If so try to recreate it again with a new homeland and post the exact details of it if it is an issue relating to logging off, loading other maps or quests which interrupts workers.

-If you can detail on how to recreate the glitch every time on a new homeland and it is successfully fixed/recreated, you will receive reputation.

For an added bonus, if your bug report leads to me finding any major worker bugs, there will be a reward in your forum reputation.

I will be periodically updating the workers and as I do that I will also be cleaning this thread of fixed bugs, don't feel bad if your old fixed bug post is deleted.

Nimiria
09-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Human peasants still have problems, sometimes beeing told as idle but they work.

SurfNinja
09-30-2011, 07:56 PM
i notice this more on hitting gold mines and/or stone.
but seems hit and miss

i can't quantify this, but I have noticed that say my wood production is 12, if I wait after logging in, it will go up a few small notches. not sure why

one thing I have noticed to get rid of idle workers is not click them with the mouse, but rather use the gui task worker. this has sometimes (but not always) got rid of the idle worker message

UndeadSauron
10-01-2011, 10:14 AM
bugged spawning (under swamp/water) + some idle workers from a group.
Some of my wardens sometimes stand idle too (rarly, I can live with that) but.. they sometimes dissapear or are reported as idle, even if i task them. since i couldnt have located them.. I came to conclusion.. they spawn sometimes underwater, and then after some town refresh (go to map, maybe relog) they disapear ( i gues as corupted), I've just had a same issue with mounted rangers, I've trained them and couldnt find them, but icon said they are there.. then after going to map and back (2 times? tried to move them to army) they just disapeared.. had to train a second unit.. I gues its same since beta (I've played then with... dragon and it was able to land underwater.. but he could fly so I've just ordered him to fly somewhere else, thot it was fixed.

swamp elves

GPS51
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Bug Issue Orc Villager Units on Elven homeland map. GV 1.01 If I go on a quest for more the about 10 minutes 1-4 of my 6 orc vill units go idle and just sit there. I have to retask them when I come back to my HC view. I have tasked them to say cut wood by using the "wood" button and by clicking on a tree. It also hold true for stone gathering as well. Also they seems to just wander around when I have a horse cart next to the stone mine in the boonies of my HC map and instead of dropping off at it all the time maybe 50% of the time they attempt to hike back to the great tree. ><

Grimreefer
10-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Bug with orcs, auto spawning labourers/wargs are appearing on the world map, not the home city, if I am viewing the map at the same time as they spawn. They are looking rather lonely and confused, being the size of a city as they appear right now.

ziogualty
10-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Since u removed trees as selectable objects, my paesant take down a lot more trees, changing for a fresh one after one chop or two.
And often they just stop working in front of a non selectable tree.
Luckily, some of my trees are still selectable and show wood reserve: with these trees paesants has no issues.

GPS51
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
GV 1.0.3 Wold Region.
After pvp battle today all my workers (human) had stopped working on my return to HC view. All 4 orc vills were still chopping logs.

GPS51
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Also with the above HC my peasants that are butchering pigs are doing a terrible job working. I keep ending up with a stream of peasants from each unit between the pigs and the nearest drop point. So only 2 peasants out of 10 are butchering. The rest just walk back and forth between pig kill and cart/barn. I don't know if the counter number for food was right but 2 cows give 5.9 food and 8 peasants on butchering detail provide ~6-7 food? Cows are just FAR easier/better.

ThatguyAds1298
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.. But my marauders / laborers stop spawning, this always happens when the advisor npc bugs and you cant click to talk to him, i have to relog every so often to fix it.. Not major but its just a bit annoying, Any help would be appreciated thanks :D I think it also bugs goblin spawn too

Magicmud83
10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.. But my marauders / laborers stop spawning, this always happens when the advisor npc bugs and you cant click to talk to him, i have to relog every so often to fix it.. Not major but its just a bit annoying, Any help would be appreciated thanks :D I think it also bugs goblin spawn too

Have this same issue but only my quest npc is still bug'd after a relog so not getting any unts now...

ThatguyAds1298
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Yea same here now, advisor is working but im not getting any units from the main building.. its been at 95-100% completion for about 30 minutes

ziogualty
10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
My paesants keep "walking without moving" and refuse to mine, or chop wood or harvest anything.
I cannot use them in any way.
Try to log off, and to restart game.
Nothing.

karamot
10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
in the orc town labourer stuck on little hills , for example orc town in forest they stuck on the hill top left side, and result idle, at last in part, because part of them stay blocked over there and not come down in any way

i pratically have 2,3 labourer per squad over there blocked, lowering greatly my harvest rate

more thing, is it possible to increase range of workers ? often i say labourer clean corpse, but if corpse too far they dont move, i have to move before closer then give order

Zetharias
10-06-2011, 12:35 PM
ok all my peasants wont move. They all just stand in one place and have all turned into males no female peasants in the group.

Zetharias
10-06-2011, 12:36 PM
My paesants keep "walking without moving" and refuse to mine, or chop wood or harvest anything.
I cannot use them in any way.
Try to log off, and to restart game.
Nothing.

I have the same problem :/ I dont want to restart my town again!!

Novakiller
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
just thought i'd post this again.. happens every time i leave my homeland, weither its logging off, or just roaming with an army, they stop everytime...

Username : Novakiller

City Slot : 1

to recreate : just exiting to world map or logging off.

jamanuel
10-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Logged out for the night. Logged on in the morning and my hero was gone. I tried to relog several times and it didnt do anything. log 1 and 2 are when i logged back in. log 3 is my log out for the night. i am basising this on the time the logs where created.

world ransom

username jamanuel

grumil
10-17-2011, 12:38 AM
I havenīt acces to the gold mines, and canīt gather gold.

Please help

Alderic
10-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Elven city. Move Dwarven miners near a rock pile, and task them to mine stone. They do so, for a while, then wander off as though they "lost" where the rocks are and are searching for them. Note - this occurs irrespective of whether they were specifically tasked to a stone pile, or tasked to mine stone near a stone pile.

Also note that they don't actually seem to be able to mine the stone (no resource generation occurs)

Alderic
10-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Elven city, elven Wardens (male or female) will usually not be shown as idle if they at any stage were doing something. e.g. create a warden and task it to pick berrys. Then move it to another location. Unit will not show as idle, even though it just stands there.

Alderic
10-22-2011, 03:58 AM
Elven city - resource piles (most Stone, and some Gold) seem to be either very difficult, or actually impossible to "click" on. Workers have to be moved near the piles and activated manually.

Neinth
12-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Group of wardens you get for completing a quest spawn inside the swamp river(in the swamp map?) cant be moved around unless you move them to an army then back.

Human workers in the wold i wanna say,one thats surrounded by a "u" shaped river on back side,one or two can get stuck when chopping tree's,and if you select that units group,and task them to other side of map for something,they'll keep trying to regroup with the stuck one,making for long travel times and less income from their tasks.Also fixed by moving to army and back.

In southmont region if you build walls/palisades in the north,its possible for units to get stuck between the walls and the build spot near there,tends to happen if you have them tasked for wood.

Female wardens mill around ALOT if you try and use them to fight,they will fire one or two arrows,then move,do the hokey pokey,fire a few more,and turn them selfes around.Or run away,change their location on their own as a group,or worse,run into the 4 ogres agro range and get themselves all killed off.In general their just Uncontrolable.Think marauders may do same thing,stand there with their little knifes looking dumb,and i know they will move themselves.Think quick fix would be to choose if they both use melee or range,as a toggle.As it appears their trying to decide what to do.

female wardens and male wardens bonus to attack for swamp makes no sense either,female wardens can easily out do rangers with 170 attack at start,but males with same bonus have like 60 dmg.

And lastly,cows/pigs/sheep/chicken.I swear these things breed.They come out of barn in 5's.But if you wait long enough,you'll end up with groups of 1.These groups of one dont apear when you click the farm animal icon up top,and if you move your farm animals to an army,these wont be selectable.Issue with it,is they still take 1 pop,only way to rid yourself of these is to task workers to kill them,that is,if you can find them.If your lucky their milling about wherever your main herd was,can find them a bit easier by dragging a box around an area'they will pop up in that liist,and are controllable that way.And this happens even if you dont have workers set to kill them,their not remnants of a group that was slaughtered already or anything of the likes,you can still select those and move them out of the city.

Neinth
12-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Male wardens can no longer cast downpur due to stamina change,and no ability to get points to do so.Research i think will cover this,i sorta trashed all my males will make oen tommorow and see.

Male wardens have melee attack,but cant level,sorta sucks,think they should be able to be lvled.Swamp bonus to wardens is pretty useless for the males,think it would be a good laugh to have some beefcake wardens running around.

Female wardens wont stand still,for anything.While they can have a nice ranged attack,they mill around way to much to be effective any.Noticed sometimes it also appears their trying to put dead to rest inbetween arrow shots.

Forest warriors does not affect male or female wardens,yet they can both be used for military units.

Female wardens should have access fire arrows(elfes shouldnt really have fire but whatever,maybe make magic imbued or something) And i think the ranged bonus to rangers bows should be applied to female wardens as well,every other research that boosts rangers seems to boost wardens.

And lastly,think female wardens may be overpowered if they could stand still long enough,using swamp elf and research they have a base of 400 hp and 300 dmg,rather high.Please dont change that though unless you make them stay put instead of doing the hokey pokey all the time :>

And lastly,please add a toggle to female wardens for ranged or melee,possibly use windstance for ranged and stone for melee,would make sense,though wind stance attack bonus would be insane,and would stop wardens being able to use hide all the time.

If you cant tell,i want a warden army :>

Neinth
12-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Gonna call this a worker issue,though i dont really think it is,think its possible all units,or ranged units.

Screenshots show 2 units,a lvl 5 and a lvl 7 female warden.Lvl 5 has much faster ammo recharge than the lvl 7 has,cept it shouldnt,should be the same.this happened after i brought them into my palisades to be healed/revived after some sneaky trebs and those damned spike traps lol,as sqaud filled the times on all of them started changeing.

This started after todays patch,possibly tied to the other post about units lvling/de-leveling.

Starting to wonder if my install is screwed,i seem to be only one with issues worth posting about.Please someone post after me.

Joseph Visscher
12-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Gonna call this a worker issue,though i dont really think it is,think its possible all units,or ranged units.

Screenshots show 2 units,a lvl 5 and a lvl 7 female warden.Lvl 5 has much faster ammo recharge than the lvl 7 has,cept it shouldnt,should be the same.this happened after i brought them into my palisades to be healed/revived after some sneaky trebs and those damned spike traps lol,as sqaud filled the times on all of them started changeing.

This started after todays patch,possibly tied to the other post about units lvling/de-leveling.

Starting to wonder if my install is screwed,i seem to be only one with issues worth posting about.Please someone post after me.

thats not a bug, the fletching rate increases greatly when battalion is idle.

Neinth
12-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Both sqauds where idle m8,made sure of it,when moving those lvl 7's it jumped to 25.

maxer456
06-04-2012, 12:20 PM
After the latest patch (might have been there before without me noticing actually) I noticed my resources not increasing while I'm not connected to my village.
Also, I always hear that I am out of space for resources even though I have only about 6.5k/14.7k. Not sure if it is related.

neon1705
10-30-2012, 07:23 AM
My Goblins will not spawn both of group not spawning *edit* okey i build a secong goblinhouse and this works*

clucernoni
10-30-2012, 09:53 AM
After the latest patch (might have been there before without me noticing actually) I noticed my resources not increasing while I'm not connected to my village.
Also, I always hear that I am out of space for resources even though I have only about 6.5k/14.7k. Not sure if it is related.

I also have this issue every time i log out (the resources not increasing) and when I log back in (the guy saying there are no spaces for my resources, even though im not close to the max).