PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Issues - GUI Menus, Abilities, Formations, Building, Economy e.t.c

Danny Vink
09-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Report gameplay related issues here, including but not limited to GUI issues (Not appearance), Abilities not functioning or going off at all. Formations not forming up properly, units not sticking together, units getting stuck, some fighting but others not. Buildings, training units not working, unable to cancel production. Economy, set task not working for peasants, using the wrong drop off point, etc. Use your judgement here.

Make sure to include:

Exactly what you were doing when the problem occurred, moving a unit on the worldmap, ordering a unit to attack, switching a formation, etc.
Anything else you think might be important.

Kiritan
09-29-2011, 04:12 AM
In the Sound Settings Sound Volume didnt work only Music Volume.

Gongora
09-30-2011, 08:10 AM
anytime you place 1 crown point to anything, well pretty much most buildings log off and log back on and it will be instantly built!

Konstantin Fomenko
09-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the reports guys, we`ll look at both of these bugs tomorrow.

Gongora
09-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I found after pvping my swordmen and only swordmen cloned I had 2 swordmen squads and now have 6.

They did no fighting in the pvp match the other player left then I walked away with 6 swordmen....talk about a good deal!

Jarno Montonen
09-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Gongora, if the other player in a PvP match quits he "pays you off" and the payment might include units as well as resources. So I don't think this is a bug :)

Sunleader
09-30-2011, 12:44 PM
There is still a small Bug with the Market remaining

When Selling Wood for Example you will pay 200 wood instead of 100
for some reason it seems that only a part of this is bugged

usually if below the actual ressource amount you cant sell at all
however if you have 100 and not 200 you can sell those 100 and get the full prize

but if you have over 200 you will lose 200 wood and still only get the prize promised for 100

Greetz

Gongora
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
so it randomly generates units as a reward...my enemy did not have 4 squads of swordmen....

ch7mah
09-30-2011, 04:22 PM
I clicked to create a group of (human) peasants and was on the World Map when their training completed and they're either invisible or stuck down a chasm/underground...can't tell which!

No matter what I do I can't see them (although I can select them as idle) or successfully assign them to any tasks. They do however take up one unit of pop cap.

I also don't seem to be able to add them to an army as they don't show up on the transfer list.

Just got another bug - Pallisade is being built directly on an existing house!

Jean=A=Luc
09-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Just got another bug - Pallisade is being built directly on an existing house!

I know it's a bother but it's always beneficial if you can provide a screenshot for bugs like this.

EDIT: Deer Communion upgrade doesn't seem to work. The price of deer has remained unchanged.

Caldegan
10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Hello,
I did experience the folowing thing 2 times :

When sending, for example, 2 units to the training ground, 1 level 1, the other level 4.
On the first training the 2 units take one level (normal). the newly lvl 5 unit disapear (normal) and cannot be trained any more (normal).
Then I train the remaining unit 3 more times to bring it to lvl 5, this unit get as expected 12 ability points.

The problem comes from the previous unit that also earned 12 ability point when it should only have earned 3 (only went up by one lvl).

Happend at Dagbor training ground, but I assume it's everywhere the same.

Not that I mind the extra points but well ... ;)

GPS51
10-01-2011, 01:31 PM
When I quest or "view map" my alchemy labs stop working or appear to. When I return to the HC view I have to rebuy the alchemy lab upgrades and they've reset to "no resource" instead of the stone which I keep setting them to.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the reports guys. Added everything reported to our bug workload, however since this is not major issues (Well - Alchemy Lab sort of is), we`ll have to fix them with-in the next 7 days.

GPS51
10-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah i'm just glad they're getting on the "bugs to fix that aren't killing the game" list. Also I researched the tech that upgrades the treant/bolt thrower/gardiola attack/hp and the bolt thrower on my wall didn't change at all. This planned or a bug? The tech name is "Mastery" Also I can build Garviolas and Treants without researching the tech with my starting enchanters from building my tree house.

GPS51
10-01-2011, 03:54 PM
My mounted bolt throwers are attacking my own orc villagers... Elven Alpine Homeland.

Grimreefer
10-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Makkada, can current buy level 1/6/8 wargs for 1/4/5 gold, then sell them back at normal prices. Infinite gold :(

Jean=A=Luc
10-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Deer Communion upgrade doesn't seem to work. The price of deer has remained unchanged.

When I first log on and click on the Shrine the deer actually appear more expensive (50 food, 25 gold) but when I deselect and re-select the building the old price returns (40 food, 20 gold). They don't get cheaper though like the upgrade says.

Could the values simply be reversed, instead of the price going down by 10 food and 5 gold it goes up? Could simply be a matter of deleting a "+" somewhere and putting a "-". :P

Jean=A=Luc
10-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Normally I edit my posts but when it comes to bugs it's best to make sure the post gets noticed.

Once the alchemist labs get upgraded with the two efficiency bonuses, after a while they become unupgraded and the bonuses become buyable again. Are they supposed to be temporary or is it a bug?

Secondly, I have two alchemist labs but only one is displayed as working in the resource count pop-ups although the other one appears to be working as well (since the little"+ X resources" messages are floating up from it) but I'm not sure. The above upgrade problems seem to have started after I built the second alchemist lab though it's hard to be sure since I got it pretty quickly after the first one.

Thirdly. After a while when I clicked to produce the chosen resource in the alchemy lab, the icon would retain that "no production" visual as if nothing was selected although it did appear to be producing resources.

Reen86
10-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Hello there

I have finished mi stone wall jesterday.

But the problem i have is that an river is going through the wall, now i have at one side no stairs to send my army on the wall....

Konstantin Fomenko
10-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys - great stuff as always, whew gonna be a busy week.

@ Reen - what Race, Region are you playing? Can you post a screenshot (you can take screenshot in-game with F1 key, it`ll save it in the main Dawn of Fantasy Folder), after that you can convert it to JPG and post here.

ziogualty
10-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I think that trees goes nuts!
My paesant still keep harvesting trees every chop a new one.
Seems like the trees have no more than 2 or 3 unit of wood inside.
I posted this both on paesant and economy bug posts, because i dunno if the guilty are trees or paesants.
But things went worse since trees are not selectable and don't show stored wood anymore (most of them, not all, some trees still display it if clicked).

Hatori
10-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi

do you know how to win Crowns?

Thx

Gongora
10-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Playing elves in taltos, I went to make stone walls first...and it started making stone walls, build the gate house and 2 stone wall pieces then started building the wooded fense and eating up my wood -.-. I dont want wood ways now once its done i'll have to redo it all =/.

Can we get this looked at too please

Psych
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
I heard someone else mention this a few days ago, and it's been happening a bit for me, I've managed to grab a screenshot. Basically certain pools of water turn blood red, specifically on Elf I notice it. I also don't have a screenshot of this one, but human water along the edges has some weird multicolored textures quite often too.

http://s3.postimage.org/2dw7ofxfo/Screenshot0.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2dw7ofxfo/)

raulicio
10-06-2011, 08:10 AM
After the latest patch the footknight running issue still exists. I mean their running speed is the same as their walking speed.

Hatori: Complete missions. Emerge victories!

nuraiel
10-07-2011, 04:52 AM
I have various issues regarding gatehouses, my normal gatehouses dont upgrade to advanced from the two I tried both now have stuck wall constructionsites inside them. One now has the advanced gatehouse greyed out with a white circle (like it would have if it really got upgraded) the other I can still click (and loose resources) but nothing happens there either.

On my upgraded gatehouse (which was the first and upgrading stopped working after that) the Oil upgrades vanish if I log out and back in.

I play as human in the alpine setting. The upgraded gate where oil upgrades vanish is the northern gate of the inner keep, the normal gatehouse with greyed out upgrades is the northern gate of the outer keep and the normal gatehouse where I can infinitly trigger the upgrade to the advanced gatehouse is the southern gate of the inner keep.

EDIT:
Another bug, my gates themselves show 10400/8000 hitpoints and the green bar extends over the white frame around it - not sure if this was the case before I made the gate upgrade (mind you gate upgrade, not gatehouse upgrade) or if it has something to to do with me having the Defensive Trait.
Or with both.

Arcoth
10-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I have an issue regarding Body Piles. After building one in my Orc base, I noticed that I am unable to remove it, since there is no menu in the lower left corner of the screen or around the building when selecting it.

I also noticed that it drains my own units' Stamina Points. I don't know whether that's a bug or a feature.

nuraiel
10-09-2011, 09:11 AM
And another one ( I think).

Still human on alpine setting, I started my food production with a barn - before that I could have build a mill on the designated spots, after the barn was finished I couldn't anymore.
I thought for quite some time this was intended, but now a friend started on Rolling Plains and he can build a mill as well as a barn. So I'm guessing it is a bug after all.

flashpg
10-09-2011, 11:09 AM
When I enter the world map and try to start a PVP the message I'm getting is "Can not connect to server, please try later". Why is this and when can I start buying influence points? I am very disappointed that these things were not activated or sorted before the game was even released guys!

nuraiel
10-09-2011, 12:48 PM
And one more, happend again as human in alpine while being in my homeland.

I tried formations on a few freshly produced unmounted knights, and that garbled up their armor values. Sooner or later they would get back to normal through extensive switching but it took some trying. For example I suddenly had fireproof knights with 100 fire armor and 317 armor value in total.
Additionally when I started switching formations relaltively fast I would get the "You don't have enough resources" dialogbox below the resources bar. Although the switch doesn't cost any resources

@flashpg

Can not connect to server problem goes here http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4110

and a question about buying influence might be answered more swiftly with a thread here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

D0uble0
10-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Few minor issues i've noticed:
For reference,I am playing elf in the forest location

- Dwarf miners start to mine, but once they are full of resources, they wander around aimlessly and never deliver the goods. It also doesn't show on the resource icon that dwarves are accounting for some of the resources. Also when logging back in, they all sit idle in random places around the city.

-Graphic issue with the water. Sometimes it turns bright red.

-No description of the difference in upgrades for alchemy lab, and no matter what you choose, it will always revert back to mystic lab upgrade.

-After researching gold preservation at the alchemy lab, there is no change (gold is still depleting at around 40/min)

-Tooltips for gold preservation and stone preservation both say "With gold/stone preservation, FOOD resources deplete slower" I may be wrong, but shouldn't this say "With gold/stone preservation, gold/stone resources deplete slower"

-Treants don't seem to have any effect on resource gathering when placed near workers.

EDIT: Not sure if this is a bug or I am just missing something but my food income is 10.7, and my wood income is around 3.2. However, my wood supplies are shooting up at a much faster rate than my food! wood is increasing by 1 - 2 units per second, whereas my food is increasing by 1 unit per 5 seconds. This doesn't seem right as I was under the impression that the resource gather rate was per minute? plus my resources are always capped because of the sheer amount of wood I am generating.

That's a few I can think of for now anyway. The dwarf one is annoying because i spent crowns on 4 or 5 dwarf miners and they are all completely useless :S

flashpg
10-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Now for something new! I am doing the reble quests and I had 2 targets on the world map. I defeated 1 but now the second target has vanished off the map so can't complete the quest! I am seriously considering taking this game back to the store as it has great fun potential but I have NEVER come across a game that has so so many bugs in it!! I mean did you not test the game before releasing it for Pete's sake! Come on guys this is bang out of order!!

jamanuel
10-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Logged off the game with 4k in storage. Logged on to 2k in storage. Do resources decay if they are not used ? This has happened to me at least twice.

Defilus
10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I am having a very big problem with the stuck on searching for a pvp match right now, I haven't been able to get into a match for hours. I decided to go offline for a few hours but it didn't help. I do know other people have this problem aswell from time to time, but I don't think they are completely locked out of pvp like I am.

nuraiel
10-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Quick follow-up on the mill thingy.

I meanwhile managed to build the mills, turns out I needed to have workers (not sure if it works with another unit forgot to test that) right beside the building spot, then the mill becomes available again. I don't know if thats intentional or not.

biznotch
10-16-2011, 09:30 AM
I currently have an Elven home city at the alpine map.

I have few problems when it comes to constructing buildings and walls

1. My buildings and walls do not finish constructing when I am offline.

2. Whenever I log out and then log back in, the construction times on my buildings reset. For example, I was a building a Sylan shrine and Tree Symbiosis. I had 30 minutes left on each building and I decided to log out. When I logged back in, a few minutes later, the time to complete the same buildings was now 1 hour. This happens every time I log out. The same problem occurs if I deploy an army to another city on the world map. I had 15 minutes left on my Sylan shrine, and I deployed my army to another city to complete a quest. When I went back to my home city, the time left on my Slyan Shrine was now 1 hour.

3. The toggle to construct walls seems to activate itself every time I log off. Whenever I log back in, all my wood is gone and I see new walls being built around my town. Even when I make sure that the wall construction is paused before I log off, it will always be on when I log back in.

In game name is Rives btw.

Thank You :D

Xaster
10-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi, when i get attacked and i get the window that says that im attacked it remains there for about 5 sek then i auto payem off and there is like nothing i can do about it... ****es me off a whole lot...

Nimiria
10-22-2011, 08:59 AM
I was building a building with elves (Tree Dwelling), but it seems it does always reset itself to 55 or so minutes left. I even used wealth to rush it - no effect. Some minutes later it was at 55 minutes again. I made a small hunt and went for a bit trading in the world map. Donīt know if that has something to do with it.. but it does not finish. Even after beeing offline for an hour or so.. still building.

I must say that the game is not playable with those kind of bugs still left. So do something about it..

PS: I researched deer communion with elves, but deer still cost exact the same. Looks like some researches still donīt work...

The defense upgrade for military units seems not to work, too. Could not find any improved stat (including the defense stat in the world map) in my units.

xuany
10-23-2011, 06:48 AM
I was building a building with elves (Tree Dwelling), but it seems it does always reset itself to 55 or so minutes left. I even used wealth to rush it - no effect. Some minutes later it was at 55 minutes again. I made a small hunt and went for a bit trading in the world map. Donīt know if that has something to do with it.. but it does not finish. Even after beeing offline for an hour or so.. still building.

I must say that the game is not playable with those kind of bugs still left. So do something about it..

PS: I researched deer communion with elves, but deer still cost exact the same. Looks like some researches still donīt work...

The defense upgrade for military units seems not to work, too. Could not find any improved stat (including the defense stat in the world map) in my units.

I had quite the same problem with human race. I try to upgrade my wall door but i wasn't able to do it every time i was loging out the build time come back at 55 min. I wait during 55 min yesterday night but at the end nothing happen the build had no time, there was just display " in construction" (or something like that). But in this morning when I log on my city the construction was just cancelled but I didn't have the ressource back...
So I what I should do?

P.S.: sorry my english is very bad.

Travigaler
10-23-2011, 11:01 PM
When I select on a unit i put my cursor over the unit as you would imagine and can click on them right under the pointer, but when i go to order a unit to move or anything to that affect the actual location its clicking is about 1/10th of the screen up. Not sure if this is what it is supposed to be like but its quite aggravating, if there's a possible user error just let me know and will change what I can. Have currently only just restarted game just because I can't think of anything else it could be.

Dreamwalker
10-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Guess what? I bought the game! And now I can share the fun of bugs. :D

I'm a forest elf, and as I fight through the first through quests, I notice something: the NPCs don't attack me. And I have to order my troops to fight each single enemy in the unit. This happened with the goblins, now with the humans.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit: my other bug (not being able to place units in an amry) was fixed; but now when I put a whole bunch of mu units in that army, they still appear in the homeland and show up as being in the army. But where are they, really? I'm about to go on a quest, and I don't want to find that half my arly is still at home.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi!

With the goblins and other NPCs not attacking your units - unless you specifically attack them - is the game mechanics with NPCs on the homeland - we had to make sure they are not overly aggressive - otherwise new players often found all of their units killed.

With regard to your other bug - this is really weird. You army not Garrisoned? If it`s not you should be fine - we did fix vast majority of army related issues. But just in case - it always helps to exit Log Out and Log back into your town.

Dreamwalker
10-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay these bugs are fixed, thanks guys! :D
And I get the idea for having the NPCs being unaggresive, but my soldiers weren't aggressive either; I had to tell them to attack each individual goblin.

Here's another bug-when I click on the PvP button from the world map, nothing happens. At all.

Also, according to the army display, I have 2 haunter dragons. Haven't seen them both in game though, so I don't know if I really have 2 or if it's just the army menu freaking out.

edit: another bug-whenever I log out, or even do a quest, my buildings do not build any further; in fact, they all resest to just under sixty minutes. This is really annoying, especcially since I waited the hour and had only six minutes left when the server went down and all my buildings reset again.

double edit: I built those buildings, but only by staying at my homeland for an hour.

nuraiel
10-31-2011, 01:02 AM
So a few bugs from my side,

my orc-hero disappears if I try to enter Makkada to finish a quest. In a hurry right now so I can't check the quest title but might be "The Kings Orc", I click enter city, and get the city view, but instead of my hero I control a "Guard" unit with no collision that can talk to merchants but not the quest npc.

There is still cloning going on, also what dreamwalker said, there a units in my homeland that are not listed in the create army overview and that are shown in my main army - where they also are O.o

And a human alpine bug, my cows are as of now, on 2000/19k fattening - the max number seems to grow with each login

Will go a bit more in detail on everything once I have the time

Konstantin Fomenko
10-31-2011, 08:42 AM
And I get the idea for having the NPCs being unaggresive, but my soldiers weren't aggressive either; I had to tell them to attack each individual goblin.

Yes I just confirmed it is indeed a bug - only seems to effect Elves, we`ll have a solution for Wednesday`s patch.

edit: another bug-whenever I log out, or even do a quest, my buildings do not build any further; in fact, they all resest to just under sixty minutes. This is really annoying, especcially since I waited the hour and had only six minutes left when the server went down and all my buildings reset again.

Yeah - we fixed some instances of this, but part of the bug is still around. We`ll final fix it for Wednesday.

And a human alpine bug, my cows are as of now, on 2000/19k fattening - the max number seems to grow with each login

Thanks for reporting this we`ll try to take a look at this as well.

Magicmud83
10-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes I just confirmed it is indeed a bug - only seems to effect Elves, we`ll have a solution for Wednesday`s patch..

No orcs haves the same problem.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok we are including the fix in today`s mini patch.

Dreamwalker
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Thank you! I can finally leave my town now without having to worry that my buildings will stay unbuilt forever! :D

edit: have any idea why I can't go into PvP? If I click on the button on the world map, nothing happens. Please fix!

nuraiel
11-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Ok, so I don't know if you guys know and are already working on it, but there is still some massive cloning going on with my armies. Log1 should definitly contain one instance of it, one of the other logs should to - sorry to be so vague the logs except from 1 are from 2 days ago and I only remember that I had another cloning happening, not exactly when.

Also I still have the effect of an army worth of "unlisted" units that are in my homeland, but do not show up in the units overview brackets or the army list to create armies. That happend before the logs, but the fact should still in there - I suppose.

Iliasfighter
11-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Guys im bought the game 2 days ago...i know you are working for the upcoming patches and it would be nice to tell you that i have a bug with the construction time from where i can train archers. please fix it! :)

Konstantin Fomenko
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
i have a bug with the construction time
Fix is coming up in tomorrow`s patch.

@ nuraiel[/QUOTE]
Thank you SO much for the logs - just what we needed to fix this. We`ll try to get a solution into tomorrow`s patch, if we won`t make it - we`ll have it fixed this weekend.

It would also REALLY help us if you could reply here with your in-game username, town name (where the cloning issue is happening), and the slot this town is in 1,2,3 or 4.

nuraiel
11-03-2011, 09:45 AM
damn its tricky posting on mobile^^

Account: nuraiel
Townname: Grakvaloth
Slot: #2

EDIT: Now with keyboard: To be precise the cloning is/was happening on an army out of town that was standing in Makkada as I was trying to do a quest (see here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=65534&postcount=54 ). I don't know if there is a relation. Inside the town are the Stealthclones/Stealthoriginals that don't show up in the units overviews I also have no idea if these bugs are related or if I just have good "luck" finding bugs :)

Boricsmith
11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Guys,

I logged in last night briefly and tried to fight, but the when I clicked view mode with army 5 it sent me to view mode with army 1. I somehow lost 131 influence points as well. Here are my log files. Thanks for the help!

Boricsmith
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Just tried it again a couple of hours ago and still didn't get back the 131. I gained 4 last night and theywere still there.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-04-2011, 04:15 PM
@ Boricsmith,

Sorry for the delay - I verified your account and confirmed the missing influence. Please check your Private Messages - I`ve sent you a bonus code.

Sorry for loosing the inconvenience this bug has caused you.

Boricsmith
11-04-2011, 06:48 PM
No problem Konstantin. Thanks for the help!

Dreamwalker
11-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Some bugs for ya:

I had bought an upgrade that increases the storage space of your town. And this works fine-when I'm logged in. But whenever I'm logged out, it thinks I just have the pre-upgrade storage, which not only stops my workers from gathering the max amount of resources, any resources I had that will were more than the old limit get destroyed. I just now noticed this after I had stockpiled a couple thousand stone for wall building, to have it reduced to 700.

Also, though I have mentioned it before, I think it's worth saying again: I can't get in to PvP. I click on the button from the world map, but nothing happens. I can still be attacked, though. Also, if I click on the "View Army" button, the game crashes.

Another weird bug is that chat dosen't work for me; I type in the chat box, but nothing comes up. Why?

I found today's log and attached it here, hope it helps.

edit: here's another bug-the merchants in towns of other races say the same greeting as the elven merchants. Kinda weird when an orc is speaking elvish...:p

Nimiria
11-08-2011, 04:30 AM
I have started to build a wooden palisade in my elven town, and then I decided to start the stone wall. Now one of the stone wall has started to build seperated to the other and more in the middle of the town - in its position it wonīt fit into a good line.

So, are those building bugs still ingame? Or why is that so?

I really donīt want to restart all over again after I had to delete my human town because of similar bugs.

I wonīt be able to catch up when Town siege starts...

So please tell me that it has a reason that some of the wall parts are not in the line but in the middle of the town ^^

Edit: Okay it looks like they are building some kind of bridge, I guess then its okay :)

Dreamwalker
11-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Here's an orc bug: I now have two heroes, a level 1 and a level 2.

Though just saying, I think my elf bugs (up a post or two) are a bit more important; after all, what's the matter with twice the orc power? :p

edit: well the double hero bug is gone; but, my garrisoned army is suddenly filthy rich! Like 56,000 gold rich. After I bought all the wood and mercenaries I could. :o
Oh, and while I'm at the world map, I can still hear my laborers chopping wood. That supposed to happen?

double edit: the money bug affected one of my elf armies too; it now has over 70,000 gold! Funny, they were garrisoned armies both times...

Nimiria
11-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Hm after the last patch when I log back into the game, I get the message that there is no place to store all those ressources. But it looks like they are always at a specific number. There is always place for several more storage. Could it be that the ressource bug is back?

And when I use the elven alchemy lab, gold goes to -27 or so (had it already at -50) but it still raises. But logging back in later makes it go empty (the storage of it). Looks like a bug, too.

Dreamwalker
11-13-2011, 01:20 PM
When I logged into my human town, I had two heroes! One was level 4, the other was back to level 1.

Kingdon123
11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
ok i have 1 army on the world map at the moment every time i go to make another it says my kingdom can only have up to 5 armis but i only have the 1 on the world map. been stuck like this for a few days now thought it might clear after a while but has not done.

SethWms
11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
ok i have 1 army on the world map at the moment every time i go to make another it says my kingdom can only have up to 5 armis but i only have the 1 on the world map. been stuck like this for a few days now thought it might clear after a while but has not done.

Same problem, but I have two armies.

Playing elf if that helps clear it up.

Kingdon123
11-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Same problem, but I have two armies.

Playing elf if that helps clear it up.

Thanks for the heads up mate im playing the human faction havent tried any other yet thought. hopeing this new update will clear the bug its not helping with my trading having to keep sending my main army back and forth to trade all the time

Konstantin Fomenko
11-15-2011, 10:26 AM
That sounds pretty bad, investigating. It would really help - if you guys could try creating the army, get this error message - can only have 5 armies, quit the game right away, location Log1.txt file in your Dawn of Fantasy installation folder - and post it here. We`ll be sure to include the fix in the upcoming patch.

Kingdon123
11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
That sounds pretty bad, investigating. It would really help - if you guys could try creating the army, get this error message - can only have 5 armies, quit the game right away, location Log1.txt file in your Dawn of Fantasy installation folder - and post it here. We`ll be sure to include the fix in the upcoming patch.

hello Konstantin done as you said mate tried to create an army message came up logged out and uploaded the file. hope this is the right 1 and it help you people out.thanks for the help on the issue and would just like to say that every 1 at reverie world have do a cracking job with DOF really enjoying the game been waiting for a game like this for years. looking fowerd to see how this game developsand thanks agen for your help

Dreamwalker
11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I've got an orc wall bug out in the desert: whenever I log out, wall construction stops, so there's only progress while I'm playing.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Dreamwalker - can you confirm you have sufficient resources to continue to build the wall? While you were away it was suppose to use up any resources you had - so once your back - you wouldn`t have any resources (wood e.t.c) to continue building wall segments. Try gathering more resources to continue construction and also try clicking Resume Wall Construction button in the Grand Hut.

If nothing helps, please post your Log1.txt file here (after logging in and seeing construction have stopped) and we`ll investigate further.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
@ Kingdon123 - thanks for the report. We have found the issue, solution will be in this Sunday/Monday patch.

nORNIRON
11-19-2011, 08:37 AM
i am playing humans. i am unable to create any further armies other than the army i have. the problem maybe i had several small armies and amalgamated them into one large army but game still saying i have five armies. i cant make new one or split the army i have.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-19-2011, 09:45 AM
We fixed this already - but you`ll have to wait till Monday for the patch to go live. Sorry for the delay.

Dreamwalker
11-19-2011, 09:50 AM
When I logged into my orcs, I had 750 wood, but wall construction had stopped. I had to click resume wall construction, like I did every other time, to start it up again.

Also, yesterday I had started on a motte wall for my humans. But when I logged in today, not only was there no work getting done on it, it didn't even exist! But the resources (and wealth) I had paid for it were still gone.

Hope this helps.

Dreamwalker
11-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Here's another bug, this one with the elves: the tech to research garviolas (earth spirit) actually allows bolt throwers, and the tech for bolt throwers (forest spirit) actually allows garviolas.

Also, before I did the research, the summon bolt thrower button didn't disable for a few seconds, letting me summon one without research.

One last thing: after summoning a bunch of garviolas, I went to Gelmeerim, and got a quest there; but when I got back, the garviolas were dead.

Dreamwalker
11-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Here's a really weird bug: I attack Nokrasol (in the online kingdom, not skirmish). I kill the king, I win. But then a message pops up asking me whether or not I want to attack from the north-west or the southeast. The screen goes dark except for the message. I do what it wants, and it plops my army down in the location I said. Again, this all happened just after I won.

edit: not sure if this is a bug, but as orcs, my own units are negatively affected by body piles. Is that supposed to happen?

another edit: my human town is having some cloning isssues: my tiny human army now went from five swordsmen to fifty.

Kingdon123
11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
ok 2 things here units in army after a quest keep multipling and also im my city i have units in there wich do not show up on the world map status screen for my city and dont count toward the pop of the city but in rts mode the units are there and working correctly

thanks again

Griegor Mcvennor
11-23-2011, 06:36 PM
In my city Deephold in The Wold, ever since the siege and reparing my walls and towers, the south gate and towers near it can no longer be walked on and building a catapult or anything results in the construction getting stuck and nothing happening.

Boricsmith
11-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Guys,

I have had this problem since the previous patch and have reported it. I was hoping it would be fixed with Konstantin's comment about a bug that hangs the game when moving into city view.

When I am recevieing a hostile army that is sieging my city in Kingdom Wars, I get the pop-up asking if I want to auto resolve or fight. I choose fight, adn teh transitionstarts from strategic mode into city. I hear the music and the screen is black, but the seige never starts. I have waited over two minutes for a seige to start and nothing happens. The game doesn't freeze because I can move the mouse and I hear the music playing.

Thanks.

The Online Kingdom looks nice so far!

Boricsmith
11-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I deleted my old city and started a new one. Kingdom wars works well now for me. Thanks.

soulpaul
11-27-2011, 12:12 PM
i started playing the game and i brought a royal dragon and then went on a quest and then when i finished my quest my royal dragon had disapeared r u able to replace him and also im having trouble with my walls they r building the same wall type on the walls that are already there and there is a bug with the gates where the gate has 2340/1800 life and the gates dont funtion properly they dont work with the command to open and close all gates and when i close them they open back up after a few seconds of staying close and im using the ork race so if u can address these bugs it would help and i really want a replacement royal dragon he costed me 120 wealth

attached is 2 of my logs to show u wat happen and to se if u can fix it

Urgaz
11-27-2011, 12:58 PM
I've been told by GPS51 to post the log1 text file to the forums due to this bug. I jus tried to initiate an attack on his Human plain town but after the Preparation time counted down and initiated the battle the screen turned all black. I was still able to select my units however. My army strength was around 450. Hope you can help to resolve this issue, thank you.

Username - Urgaz

GPS51
11-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks Urgaz.

Dreamwalker
11-27-2011, 04:48 PM
This is what happens when I tell my maraurders to turn into siege ladders...

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4793/screenshot2kg.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/screenshot2kg.png/)

They sit down, act like they're cutting up meat, then shoot their arrows. They do the same thing when I try to make them impalers.

Dreamwalker
11-28-2011, 05:14 PM
A human town bug: I got the town plots upgrade a couple days ago, but now, the new plots I hadn't built on are gone. Also, when I build a house, it tries to build it where a village (pre-town plots) house already is.

My username is Dreamwalker, my town is Tiraslee, slot 3.

Thrall Warchief
11-30-2011, 06:35 AM
Orcs:

Building: Warg Pen

fuctions dont work:
Cant transform slayers to mounted slayers
Cant transform impalers to mounted impalers.

its even more Major, No transform fuction work atall.
I tried slayers to beserker doesnt work also..

Please fix

soulpaul
12-01-2011, 04:08 AM
hi im having trouble when my units level up i add the skill points to them but when i leave the battle and then go to another battle the points have reset and i have to add them again and again its really getting annoying please help

knightl
12-01-2011, 04:44 AM
hi im having trouble when my units level up i add the skill points to them but when i leave the battle and then go to another battle the points have reset and i have to add them again and again its really getting annoying please help

i believe this was to be fixed in a upcoming patch not too sure try do it in your town

bellmondo
12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
i was attacked last night and i closed my gate but that did not matter as all his troops just walked straight through my closed gate ?!?!?! this also happened to a guy called racam, it probably woldt of stopped me getting wiped out but i bet it ddnt help lol:(

Kingdon123
12-07-2011, 09:19 AM
started to builed my elven walls a few days ago. they have got to the point were the are nearly compleate but some sections of the wall will not compleate. when i logg on 1 section is built with a 00.00 timer and another 1 started but i canot put men on them and there is still the vines rouned them when i then go to the world map and then back to my city the 2 section dissapear and it has done this now for the last week they just will not compleate. iv tryed repearing them and does not that work

thanks for your time

Konstantin Fomenko
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Kingdon123, we are looking at this issue, looks like a rare bug. Solutions should be in the next patch.

Joseph Visscher
12-10-2011, 01:30 PM
started to builed my elven walls a few days ago. they have got to the point were the are nearly compleate but some sections of the wall will not compleate. when i logg on 1 section is built with a 00.00 timer and another 1 started but i canot put men on them and there is still the vines rouned them when i then go to the world map and then back to my city the 2 section dissapear and it has done this now for the last week they just will not compleate. iv tryed repearing them and does not that work

thanks for your time

Fixed the glitch. will be in next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience, that is a very rare bug!

bellmondo
12-11-2011, 01:36 PM
every time i log out and back in again my man eating plants die, this is becoming very frustrating as its cost me a small fortune lol :mad:

bellmondo
12-13-2011, 01:05 PM
has it been looked into ??

GPS51
12-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Yup it has been looked into and confirmed as a bug.

bellmondo
12-14-2011, 05:03 AM
ok and my heros stats keep changing and his lvl also keeeps reseting to zero :mad:

bellmondo
12-14-2011, 01:36 PM
my hero has just reset again, seems to be everytime i enter a mission !!!! and i can still not pvp

Questar
12-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey there,

Since sometime yesterday afternoon by Orc laborers won't gather resources. I task them to (for example) a gold mine and they all dutifully run over. After taking one or two swings at it they just stand there and go idle. This is also true for chopping trees.

My gold mines also never seem to deplete....which is weird.

Thanks!

Neinth
12-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Wow alot of stuff here,very hard to read through it all and see if its been posted before,should really clean this up some.

So to start,elf houses,says when you mouse over their income,gold says food,food says food,wood says food. and if you change them from the wood it starts at,changing back to wood doesnt appear to do any good.Also,some of my elfs must breathe underwater,some of the houses you can barely see the roofs.

One of the patches said it changed build times of first few elf buildings,took me 2 hours to build that shrine for the quest.

The symbios tree says it can exchange resources,not seeing any option for that.And forest spirits==worthless at 0.06 income,maybe if i researched it some.Also says 0/10 wood,in last few hours every time i check,always says 0/10 wood.

I also seem to be having an issue with units remembering they have gained a lvl inside a quest or the region view.They dont forget if i use a town to train them,which is why I have a lvl 5 army currently,cept for my female wardens,somehow managed to get them to 3 but has been dicey.

Neinth
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Elf houses say they cost 90 wood and 30 stone,but current city i cant build unless i have 104 wood and 34 stone.

Neinth
12-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Wasnt sure where to put this,so here seemed good enough.

Human archers,using the wold and the military amstery should have 126 attack to start,but have 108 instead.

Wold gives 20% dmg,and military mastery gives 20% to dmg,for total of 36,but they only get 18

I do think its military mastery not being applied,as i sorta almost barely recall an alpine with military mastery whose archers had only 90 base instead of the 108 they should have had.

Neinth
12-22-2011, 04:23 AM
Units are not keeping their experience,all three races,if i try and transfer to an army,or leave a map,when they get back into the army they either de-level or just no longer exist at all.

This makes game unplayable,I have one slot froze where i cant log into it,and other three slots each have this level bug.

Neinth
12-22-2011, 11:08 AM
protection isnt conceling correctly,closes timer,but relog still shows timer.Possible same issue as units not lvling.

Neinth
12-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Elf-the trail begins,can walk right through the palisade walls surrounding the enemy.

I dont know exactly how palisade walls work,maybe intended when gates are down,but could walk through any section of them.

Sanezu
12-23-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure whether these are new or old bugs but they sure are annoying. I'm playing elves and region is swamp.

My elven army once disappeared and never appeared again. I was transferring my units back to village. Even hero disappeared but it came back once I logged out and then log in. Have to build my army again.

My resources are disappearing too fast and I can't build towers (I have already researched all engineering technology). Even palisade won't disappear when I build my stonewalls and one stonegate disappeared when I tried upgrade it to Archway (or whatever it was). Now that gate is palisade gate -.-

I have problems with garviolas too. They always disappear once I log out and then log in.

With orcs I have problem too. My labourers stop working when I log in and I have to give them something to do again.

There is also sometimes yellow colour what fills whole map and especially water areas (own village and battle quest maps) but it disappear when I exit game and start again. Of course my game became slower when that colour bug appear.

I almost forget that I can't find any PvP players. I get message that can't connect to servers.
I can't play Kingdom Wars either. When I click ''Kingdom Wars'' my game shut down.

Neinth
12-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I been having issues with the resource thing,do believe it was from last nights patch,my stone income said it was over 6000 per minute,none of my resources per minute numbers are right,keeps taking stone to build walls that are already complete,if i buy stone and put it in city,it'll all go poof,might be because the alchemy labs,but since my numbers are way off,i cant seem to adjust anything to where it works correctly.

Want to note,except for the ice dragon bug i posted in different section,my units apear to be working correctly again.

Neinth
12-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Goblin huts can keep spawning goblins when destroyed in some seige quests,not sure if intended or not

Sometime loading a quest will produce invincable buildings,troops under towers,or halfway into a building.Can target the units in buildings with ranged,but cant hit them,because house blocks,even when house is destroyed.Units in ground,ranged can appear to attack,but cant hit,melee cant target at all,aoe dmg can sometimes take them out but its iffy,relog,or just exiting quest seems to fix most the time.

rangers can sometimes find invincable buildings,and fire on them for ever without destroying,but if you send a set of wardens to same building,they can destroy it,only difference i saw in the two is dmg ammounts so not sure.

Neinth
12-27-2011, 04:47 PM
In npc seiges,sometimes first time you use chat,it will reset your starting point.

In nokkrasol,the orc place close to elf lands,was able to clear both north and south side without breaking down any gates.Also resets timer for reinforcements.If you wait until after first wave of reinforcements,will switch to other camp spot,but have no palisades,and new reinforce timer comes up,giving you two reinforcements.

In a partially related thing,dropping a dragon onto the npc's hero and using a flame wall ispractically insta win,can rack up easy influence by tanking ur dragon out and just flying him there.Dragons also cant attack palisade gates,nor can any melee unit actually select them,but can attack them.

some of the orc catapults appear to be double/tripple shooting.Just back to back fast fire rate,then stops as normal reload,then fires 2-3 again,only seen npc's do this,and doesnt fit with the other ranged seige units in game.Since accuracy is hard,and sometimes the projectiles go way above where you can see them its hard to confirm.Does tend to happen on ones higher up on map,like their hitting the "ceiling" and not counting as actual shots.

Kon says this one is known,but surendering during a fight with hero and/or dragon units only,is free.

Denwall has a stone tipper that doesnt function,and cant be targeted by any units,but can be selected,i got turned around in map,and kon told everyone to restart cuz of the patch and i hadnt wrote it down yet,so best i can give is its on an outer wall.Possible was a one time thing,going back to see in a few.

Denwalls descriptions also say " its mountian top location" yeah theres some hills and all....

And lastly,i think,for now anyways,its possible to give ranged units practically unlimited ammo.Still working on exact method,but it apears if you use mass heal near a group of them,the units that respawn are "inside" the other units,they fire and all,but dont cost any ammo.Screenshots dont help much with that,but i had 2 sets of rangers firing at an invincable house,they got creamed by a treb,so brought hero and used massheal,those two rangers fired for entire seige,never dropped below 1k ammo,even when i used the volley skill.

knightl
12-27-2011, 05:34 PM
neinth you are quite the spotter good job with all of them

Neinth
12-27-2011, 07:44 PM
lol I am sure thats what the devs are thinking as well,(keep expecting a nasty mail or something)but heres anouther,its units,but gameplay issue so here seemed better.

Ok so since patch,i took a set of 13 female wardens to a seige,between lvls 3-6,when i realized there was a huge issue,i tested it,ended up having all of them between lvls 6-10,left seige,their all 1-3 now.

it appears a unit in the set dies is lower/higher and effectively changes the entire sqauds apparent levels.

i think this because a lvl 6 went to lvl 10 after a treb blast,ran them back to palisades let them heal up and fill ranks,sent them back,anouther treb hit and their lvl 5.

have a theory that each unit has their own stats,but you only see one of that sqaud,much like if you have multiple sqauds of same type,you cant switch between them,see just that one units info,but anything you do with that one sqaud the other sqauds of same type will do it.Which tells me human hero is a knight,and elf is a grandmaster.Only because massheal for hero and enchanters dont do that,but heal for elf hero and grandmasters does,even before enchanters recent update.Would love to tebow my human hero btw,gimme pray :> lmao

Anyways no clue whats really going on there,but i spent alot of time getting those wardens to 6,isnt an easy task with their shanangins,makes me sad really.Heard someone in chat saying their archers where lvling fast as well.Nothing on the de-leveling on exit,maybe he didnt have as many dead when he left map.And no idea if melee's doing the same thing,will try it and see

Next,got my bugged dragon into a pvp match,yeah bad me i know,but killed his hero,got victory,while he still had alot of troops left,was army v army,intended or not?Also after victory i was able to use ice dragons flame wall to literally destroy the poor guy,but couldnt do melee attacks.he had an almost all orge army,so didnt feel bad since you can make money off buying lvl 1's and trainign to 5 and reselling,and his where all lvl 3's

Neinth
12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Grandamsters are gaining extra skill points on relog,started happening when they turned lvl 12.To make sure i leveled anouther set to 12.

Grandmaster1 is what a normal lvl 12 with same skill point distrobution should look like.

grandmaster2 is what it does on relog,one extra point.

Grandmaster3 is one thats been lvl 12 a while looks like,so it can be compared to the grandmaster1,obviosly it has had more points put into it,just compare the stamina numbers.

Grandmaster4 is the same group from grandmaster3,after relog.

This didnt happen with any of them until they hit lvl 12 exactly,also if you compare xp for 1 and 2,seems i lost xp during relog somehow.The extra point seems to happen on every relog when they hit lvl 12

And while on grandmasters,wouldnt mind losing 10% from peirceing and slashing resistance and put that into crushing resistances,for 65% across the board.Then using their battle cry thing,would jump them to 85% for duration instead of 95/65/95

Neinth
12-29-2011, 07:30 AM
This is more on the de-level issue mentioned in earlier post.

Semi-cool glitch,if you lvl your units,then get them killed off,then take them to a place to heal,like a well,they will drop their lvls,but keep many of their stat points you put into them.Healing them in npc town doesnt cause this it seems.

Gonna spend some time lvling a set of units and doing this so i can post comparision screenies,also ties into the fletching thing earlier mentioned in anouther post,they seem to lose those stat points,but you cant put anymore points into it once you hit the max.

Neinth
12-29-2011, 10:18 AM
BEEFCAKE!!!!!

Seriously,their lvl 5,didnt feel like doing this and maxing all their starts,but i am sure you you look at the pics you'll see the issue.

This is the "de-level" issue i posted few days ago,easily reproduced.From chat,some people have,others dont.Units dont change their STR value either,would be easy to get a group of these exploited units and just go on a rampage.

Any multi-unit sqauds can do this is seems.Havent tested orcs,but elf and humans for sure.

Simple to do,go fight some stuff,get majority of sqaud killed for faster results,the lower the number left alive the better.Then bring them to a well/spring what have you,or use mass heal on them,until their back at full numbers.Leave map,they appear to have dropped a few lvls,take to npc city,use trainin grounds,rinse and repeat.

Since their expereince needed to lvl has been dropped,process is rather fast.

In doing this i picked up a few other things,which are rare,and couldnt reproduce consistantly.

Unit cloneing,possible by timing the switch to an army from the city correctly.For normal units not a big deal i suppose,but would be possible with dwarven units as well.It appears as if you time it right,while units are near the well healing,when a unit jions the sqaud,but sqauds been moved to an army,it becomes its own sqaud,which you can then heal rest of the way to a full sqaud.They start at level 1.

And i meant to screenie this one,seems i forgot to my bad,but swordsman,if you can manage to get one of the sqaud to stay in tight formation,and rest to be in loose,you gain the defence bonus for both stances. So with skill points invested,can be in loose formation,use sheild wall,and have 70/55/75 defence,with no research.Very hard to do,havent been able to make a set do this this and this to reproduce yet.But I will :>

Boricsmith
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm having a similar issue with unit leveling/de-leveling.

Boricsmith
Army 3, City is Thaleron Slot 1, Region Wold, location where bug is occurring, Nakkrosal. I have several units of knights who are leveling during an NPC siege. when I get out of the siege, they will drop their levels but keep their points. At first I was getting annoyed because their level was dropping, but then I realized that they are keeping their points. Theoretically I could have a level 30 unit at level 10 if I kept that up.

Bakkelid94
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Looks like crossbowmen placed on walls is still able to toggle the enfilade ability and get the bonus even when the description say "cannont be used on walls"

szebus
01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
GUI menu disappeared for all units. It happens if the player buys Spirits and brings them to forest Orcs town.
If in town and selecting a spirit, or more, the following will happen:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/screenshot0h.jpg/

Then deselect them and select any other unit from youre town:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/screenshot1rl.jpg/

Next, exit to world map and get back to town, thinking it could solve the problem, but then no matter what you select, youre units GUI are dissapeared until you exit the game and start it again. No log out works.

http://imageshack.us/f/577/screenshot2c.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/641/screenshot3ra.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/249/screenshot4lr.jpg/

Log file: http://www.fileshare.ro/39698321715.4

Dreamwalker
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
There seems to be a bit of a cloning problem with my elves: when I logged in, both my main army and my town had units over the limit. The worst part is, when I try to get the extra units into another army, it still says they're in the town. No matter how many units I take from my town, it still says 91/90.

The units actually do move, though; they're in the army I put them in, the town just doesn't realize it.

Venatic
01-13-2012, 10:54 PM
UI bugged out only had chat available (No other UI, Esc wouldn't work or bring up anything - I had to stop Dawn of Fantasy through task manager). I could still see my town and everything just the UI missing, though there were some yellow lines. I didn't try moving/scrolling around the town map so not sure if that still worked or not. I'll try and get a screenshot next time, forgot before I closed Dawn of Fantasy.

I clicked menu then UI went missing. It was like the transition it makes after clicking menu before the menu options come on screen.

Neinth
01-13-2012, 11:30 PM
was able to -recreate this,involves moving the menu tabs alot,hitting esc a bunch of times works rather well.

Since the menu tab goes into hiding,along with mini-map/forums link ect its not huge problem but is rather annoying

szebus
01-14-2012, 01:22 AM
was able to -recreate this,involves moving the menu tabs alot,hitting esc a bunch of times works rather well.

Yes it is happening the way you say Nei.

... I had to stop Dawn of Fantasy through task manager...

You can use Alt+F4 to stop it.

Aermord
02-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi,

BUG #1
I play elves and for awhile I've been suspecting that I wasn't gaining resources while I was offline. Today I found out that not only is this true, but I'm actually -loosing- resources.

I invested in storage upgrade and my max storage limit is 12.000. When I am online and play the game, I am able to reach this cap fine enough.

However I've discovered that if I log off and join the game again, it cuts away 5000 resources so I start out with only 7000 in total. It cuts my resources to 7000 no matter how much above in resources I was when I logged out.

It looks like the game stores my gold from before I logged off, but when I log on it complains that I got too much and the income is negative for awhile as if it thinks my cap is 7000. Also it takes a bit for the game to get the other resources sorted out as well before I get a steady flow again.

BUG #2
I've upgraded my symbiosis spots to contain 1200 ressources when I build them. However they start out as 1000/1200. It's raising the maximum it seems, but not the actual resources.

BUG #3
The calculation of how much resources I gain in game (the numbers below the storage amount) is way off. For instance it can say that I earn several hundred gold pieces while I can clearly see this is not the case. I dont trust any of the other numbers either, they just seem wrong.

My information:
ID: Aermord
City: Tirion
Region: Erthee L'Bala

<<EDIT: I experienced the same issue with my human town. It makes me wonder, is it intended that some resources are to be lost when we log off? Also it seems that the value the resources can be dropped to can be below 7000. When I logged on to my elf city now it's resources had dropped to only a bit more than 6000.>>

<<EDIT: In addition it seems that the elves has not been building the buildings I had started when I logged off. They are supposed to do that, right?>>

Slymaster
02-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Playing orks in the Thikken Dal.

Just finished my orkish large wall and upgraded 2 of my gatehouses to the large ones. After completion they just vanished. they're no more. just a open gap in the wall where they used to be.

I've attached the log files. logs 2,3,5 wouldn't upload because of a error.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Hello,

Please try selecting your Grand Hut and clicking on Repair Walls (make sure u have some resources) this has a really good chance of fixing this problem.

Let me know if it does`t work though.

aramsm
03-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Hello,

Elves houses are no rising the cap before 90s. I mean, when I finished the walls I was able to build more houses, although it didnt rise my cap :(

Seykon
03-26-2012, 01:51 AM
since the new patch my fertile ground is now covered in snow and my farm no longer produce wheat. and im in the wold area. or the one above it. and the main thing is when i try to enter a quest " rumours beget rebels" my hero and the attacking army just disappear and no battle. so im guessing i cant enter any battle as i only have that one avaible.

Ghost
04-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Army UI menu (the menu on the bottom left corner) disappears on the world map. Relogging temporarily fixes the issue, but in a short amount of time it disappears again.

Edit: Seems to happen consistently after trying to PvP and not finding a match.

Ghost
04-22-2012, 04:25 PM
The above bug also seems to occur when going back to the world map from an NPC city menu. Kind of a game breaker =( Have to relog everytime I try and do something.

Djmuffin
04-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I logged on today after a couple of weeks and i logged on to find out i have no buildings no stone wall and i am wondering what the hell has happened all i have is a couple of units and as a person who has spent money on this game i think its a bit unfair to have your whole kingdom wiped out.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi Djmuffin,

Can you please tell me your in-game username, and the town in question - slot 1,2,3 or 4.

Also please describe what u had - fully built walls, what units e.t.c so I could bring your town back.

Djmuffin
04-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi Djmuffin,

Can you please tell me your in-game username, and the town in question - slot 1,2,3 or 4.

Also please describe what u had - fully built walls, what units e.t.c so I could bring your town back.
Hey my in-game username is Djmuffin and the town in question is in slot 1 Humans i had fully built stone walls had one of each building except i had 7 houses and 4 farms and i lost 3 units of dwarven miners and i think thats it

Ghost
05-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Well it's probably time to report this I supposed. Although I have been having quite a lot of fun.

Race: Human

Region: Rollingplain (though I think it applies for all regions)

Unit: Fire Cart

When you log off then back on, the amount of oil you have left resets to full again. So you can basically lay unlimited oil around your town. Recently I have been drawing smiley faces and spelling things like "LOL" and more recently "ROFLMAO". My next attempt will be "OMG WATCH OUT FOR FIRE!" so an invading army burns in flaming irony.

Generation
07-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I had 7k stone for my city. When I logged back on it was 5k. They day after, its 3k. Today its now 2k. I keep losing stone every time I log back in. I'm not near the cap limit and I check before I log off.

Alderic
08-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I was messing about with the Chat tabs etc, and turned them all off. That session was fine - but next time I tried to play, I have this:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1322/screenshot2jn.png

I can't close it (i.e. click the X), and if I go into the tabs, they open up but with nothing in them (and of course I can't close them again).

Is there some way to reset the chat to default (hopefully to fix the problem)?

Konstantin Fomenko
08-28-2012, 08:02 AM
The solution should be to delete the local_saved_data. In order to access the file, you need to click on the organizer button in any folder then folder and search options. Go to view, and under hidden files and folders, or drives and click show hidden files. Then you go to C:/users/Name/AppData/local/DoF and delete local_saved_data

Alderic
08-28-2012, 09:41 AM
The solution should be to delete the local_saved_data. In order to access the file, you need to click on the organizer button in any folder then folder and search options. Go to view, and under hidden files and folders, or drives and click show hidden files. Then you go to C:/users/Name/AppData/local/DoF and delete local_saved_data

Thank you kind Sir, this corrected the issue.

koe1
09-03-2012, 10:59 AM
I just started playing the elves(my first race) and seems to have some problems getting the economy to make any sense.
I have about 10 forest spirits and about 12 workes total on the rest of the ressources.
By the side I then have 9 alchemy labs(fully upgraded), which I believe is the source of my issues.

Problems:
1. The income numbers are total ridiculous the vary sometimes from +/- 200 in small time intervals.
This I hear is a common problem with the elven race.

2. I had about 2-3k stone and 3-5k gold on my city before going into a quest with my army, when the quest ended and I checked my home city again all the stone was gone, and about 200 gold was left, the rest just vanished, at the time 8 of my alchemy labs was producing gold/stone.

3. How does the alchemy labs work exactly? Because sometimes the production icon shows no-transmution, even though when you click on the menu, a ressources has been chosen to be made. As fas as I know each lab produces individually, so when I deactivated one lab I was kind of confused to see the icon on the rest of the labs changing as well, but as stated the menu showed something else.

It's kind of hard to manage your economy when you never know what ressources might be gone every time you check your homecity.
The food and wood haven't seemed to give me the same issues as the stone and gold.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I can confirm the problem is with Alchemy labs. We actually never expected somebody to build 8 of them, and I can confirm this is causing some issues.

Basically the problem with Alchemy labs - it`s more of a resources exchange building. I don`t have exact stats but for every 4 units of resources it produces, it deducts 1 resources of the other 3 resources. And it`s possible that with 8 of them things will go terribly wrong.

I`ll make a note for us to investigate, and include a fix in this week`s patch. Meanwhile I recommend just using 2 of them:)

crystalmage1234
09-06-2012, 02:25 PM
dwarven mines units get stuck alot. the caves slant up at the edges of the tunnels and they go up them and get stuck.

on the world map. when you click on an army or city. you can see the units in it. when you mouse over units it shows their stats. I find it doesn't show accurate data. especially with my archers. example even though i've changed the range it shows default range for all of them. it makes it hard to sort units. I have to create a seperate army then go down to a battle map see what their stats are then move them into different seperate armies if I want to do anything with my different builds.

soldiers walking straight threw palisade level walls. I notice this with elven wood walls all the time. I just walk thew anytime I want I don't know if I've ever been restricted. I also saw them doing this with orc walls.

archers don't seem to get experience at the same rate as other troops. I can kill tons of stuff with them and they will get 1 or 2 exp at most.

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this or not. but my city has a different population when you look at it from the inside or outside. Last time I counted it the difference was like 11. So inside my city it would show say 96/90 and outside it would say 85/90. Outside my city I can put units in if its under 90 but I can't build any units in my city if it's over 90.

one of my dragonslayers bash resistene went up to 100 while others don't.

my great wardens show default damage resistance after I leveled them and maxed them out. The first time I noticed this was after a battle where I changed stance.

crystalmage1234
09-06-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't know if its supposed to be like this or not.

Grandmasters with high regen. regen will fill the hp of the units left alive in the squad but won't fill the hp's of the dead one's also potion won't bring back the dead one's either.

well regenerates and when they hit full dead one's start coming back and filling but not with regen.

Also enchanters mass heal will bring back the dead ones.

So well and mass heal bring back dead soldiers as well but the regen stat and potions don't I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-06-2012, 02:46 PM
crystalmage,

Thanks for the great report!

We` ll look into the Dwarven Miners, probably just gonna need to make unit collision smaller, and aim for the next patch.

The Worldmap unit information shows default unit stats at level 1, hopefully in the future we`ll get to update that to show current starts.

Archers do gain experience slower than other troops, but I think we will rebalance it in the coming patch.

With the population issue - we weren`t aware of this. One of the more rare units it causing this, if you have time please see if you can track this down to see exactly what units - it`s either one of the Elite Heroes, Dragon, Dwarves or perhaps one of the siege units. My other suspicion - perhaps one of the passive defenses - like Tower Catapult, or Garviola also adds to the pop limit.

We are aware of the Elite heroes sometimes reaching 100% resistance, and will fix this in the next patch.

crystalmage1234
09-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I'll check the units.

Another thing that may be related to it.

when i was building my houses I built a bunch at once. I didn't know how close I was to the cap because it doesn't show how they adjust the population cap until they are finished.

I had plenty of resources so I just started clicking away. It started building them. I had I got more resources some were finishing. I was a about 86 max pop I clicked a whole bunch it kept taking resrources out.

Then as they started finishing the max pop would say like 92 then it would go back to 90. then it would be like 92, 94 then pop back to 90.

Now my new city is only letting me build up to 51. It's a human city.

crystalmage1234
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
more stuff about regen.

Some times I can get units to heal above full hp. If I surround a unit with multiple healers then have them heal all at once sometimes it'll bring units above full health.

Knight prayer. I had 2 knights and I would bring all the units up close to be healed. Then I would have them both do it at the same time. All the other units were having their dead healed but the knights didn't.

Also I was watching some of my units healing at the well and the numbers were doing some funny things as the units healed.

It would go over max hp but not bring back dead units. Then the numbers would kinda jump around a bit.

cybernard
09-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Error message is wrong:
The game says I can't have a battalion of that size even when it has 1 group in iit.
What it really means is my home city is 93/90 and that is really what it is complaining about.
Move 5 groups from home city to army and it is fine.

-----------------------------
Additional:
I can not always move large numbers of troops from 1 army to another and frequently gives bogus error. I do the same thing 1 or 2 units at a time and it works just fine. I am no where near the size limit of 60. I tried to merge a group of about 5 and 15 and had to do it 1 or 2 at a time.
---------------------------
9/9/12 This morning I connected, but after breakfast I can't connect to the game server because the connection is timing out. It was fine all yesterday, but now I can't get in.
-----------------------------
Even though the limit for people seems to be 90 the game keeps allowing me to build houses that no one will every occupy and I can't knock them down.

I have at least 10 spare houses because I didn't even realize there was a limit because the game did not stop me like it did at 51 units.
----------------------------------
House overlapping each other like crazy.

Building overlapping walls or each other.

1 group of peasants got stuck behind a building next to a cliff and could not be rescued, and in addition the game keeps saying they are idle.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for reporting all of these problems, we`ll look into them in the coming patches.

9/9/12 This morning I connected, but after breakfast I can't connect to the game server because the connection is timing out. It was fine all yesterday, but now I can't get in.
That`s fixed now, we are having some minor issues with the new server.

1 group of peasants got stuck behind a building next to a cliff and could not be rescued, and in addition the game keeps saying they are idle.
This is pathfinding issues. You can transfer this bugged peasant out of the town into the army, and transfer it back. That`ll get it unstuck.

cybernard
09-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for reporting all of these problems, we`ll look into them in the coming patches.

That`s fixed now, we are having some minor issues with the new server.

This is pathfinding issues. You can transfer this bugged peasant out of the town into the army, and transfer it back. That`ll get it unstuck.
I thought of that but could not figure out which one of my 30 groups of peasants was the stuck group.

cybernard
09-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I built new carts and I wanted to put them into my army but when I moved the carts over instead of taking the spare one it took ones in critical locations for resource harvesting.

We need to be able to know exactly which unit we are putting into our army.

Since I could tell which knights where which I also took knight from critical locations instead of the spare and I had to quickly move the new knights into the old knight positions.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
We are looking for a way to address this issue, and hopefully would have a solution down the road.
And the horse carts suppose to show what goods workers are dropping off there, but it might be bugging out - we`ll be sure to fix this.

One way around this that I found effective, is to station units of certain level in my town. For example - all the archers, swordsman e.t.c I use as a town garrison I upgrade to level 3 in the nearby NPC town.

chukky
10-17-2012, 07:26 AM
i put the code in.
120 influence and an Ice Dragon.
Please use the bonus code below inside the in-game Market - Redeem Code section.

but when the timed out thing happen and update now i lost my dragon and dwaven axe men,( and just finnishing builing few sets of sords men and few sets of archers, Just disapeared, But funny enough i still got the crowns.
can i please have them back
thank you

Konstantin Fomenko
10-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Chukky, please check private messages, I just replied with a solution.

SadClown
10-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Trying to create mounted spearmen and slayers in the warg buildings, they won't work. The building gets the groops, but it doesn't generate anything. The unit dissapears, using the resources but giving nothing.

This happens on the orc forest town. So far I'm unable to produce any horsemen on any warg building, doesn't matter if it's a new one, if there are wargs spawing, etc. It doesn't happen with any other unit.

GPS51
10-19-2012, 06:06 PM
(this may sound stupid), Did you wait for 5 minutes for them to be "produced"?

SadClown
10-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Of course I did, lol. Rather more than 5 minutes. Weirdly one of them spawed, but only after 9 hours. 1 out of 6.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks for you report SadClown, we will investigate.

iktorn
10-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi i have Dwarven chempion with 100%/100%/100% damage reduction
It make him true immortal.
High knight have 100% against ranged atack for now only becouse didnot lvl him yet.
I gues it will be same for elf and orc too.

Its taking away any joy from fighting.

In my opinion 80% dmg reduction should be max ,mayby agains ranged 90% for slow heavy unints mayby on shield ability.

SadClown
10-26-2012, 09:32 AM
I got a weird bug thingy on my orc town, in the forest, as it's shown on this vid:

http://youtu.be/GcyfcDDofyY

My thought is that the gate's upgrade didn't take into account the hill where it's the rest of the buildings, and it went to the -0 level of height. As you can see, there is a little part of the animation when you open the gate or close it that can be seen. Units can't pass if it's closed, so it's probably a hitbox glitch. I don't know if it can be hit by siege weapons and that stuff, but probably yes.

I think that's all.

Edit: Well now it fixed itself, so idk.

iktorn
10-26-2012, 11:13 AM
my dwarf got reset all skills and it stop now on 90% so looks ok, but knight have still 100 against ranged

miklos1
10-27-2012, 02:29 PM
i just tried to log in to eleven city and i get stuck on load in screen. however does not happen on human side. but missing crowns there looks like it reset to zero for some reason:eek:

miklos1
10-27-2012, 02:31 PM
will not let me at log 3
just build new town for orc and lets me in fine. tried to switch to elf side no luck still stuck

clucernoni
10-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I just built stone walls with rounded towers. I then went through each tower and built trebuchets on each. On some of the towers, the trebuchets are at the top as expected. On about half, they are mounted on the walls, on the inside side of the towers. So when they fire, they hurl the stone into the side of my tower. This happened on the two towers for my gate as well and it damages my gate when they fire.

clucernoni
10-27-2012, 03:06 PM
I just built stone walls with rounded towers. I then went through each tower and built trebuchets on each. On some of the towers, the trebuchets are at the top as expected. On about half, they are mounted on the walls, on the inside side of the towers. So when they fire, they hurl the stone into the side of my tower. This happened on the two towers for my gate as well and it damages my gate when they fire.

As a follow up, I logged off and came back a few minutes later and the trebuchets were in the correct place now. It seems the initial placement was incorrect.

iktorn
10-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Basicly I can make any dwarven hero , high knight ,protector ,warlord immune to any kind of damage reduction damage up to 100%.
Aromor points reset when unit came back to home town and armor cap is at 90 than, but i can go lvl up and do 100% again ,or just keep out of home town to keep immortals charakters.
Hope You can fix armor cap to not excess 90%
It would be shame if players could use units resistant to any form of damage in pvp ,dragons are op enough.

Katerchen
11-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Ok, i read quite a lot but did not find anything about it:
The Elven Village Resource Production is totally strange!
first: I cant recruite more deer. i have a food production between 3 and 6 from deer, it changes like everytime i switch to my capitol - And im unable to recruite more deer.
Second: The Alchemy lab is strange. seems pretty bugged to me, i stopped all transmutation and it says it still draws resources, even after relogging.
The whole "how much is produced"-calculation for the UI seems to be not working correctly for my elven village, everytime i switch i get different values without changing anything which is pretty annoying.
For example: Yesterday (i had 2 alchemy labs) i logged out when it said i had around +30 gold from unicorns. Everything was in the + and i had both alchemy labs working on stone, all wardens working on food and my unicorns producing gold.. i log in today: NO gold left at all (even if it still sayd +0.3 at this time) and full storage of wood and food. but still the same amount of stone (around 4000) i had when i logged out.

griffonrider
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
There is no resource collection happening when i'm offline. Also my resource values come back to the same value every time i log back in.:confused:

txfirefighter
01-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Logged out last night and all was fine. Performed windows update this morning (not sure if thats has anything to do with it) and when I logged back in the chat setting window was open. The close button does nothing and it blocks the entire center of screen.

txfirefighter
01-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Sorry- just read how to fix problem. Should have searched first. (Prior to uninstalling and reinstalling game!) Great game btw!

Konstantin Fomenko
01-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Hey glad you were able to fix that problem - annoying little bug that we hope to fix soon:)

Griffonrider - what is your resources cap 13,900? And what value does the resources reset every time you log into?

txfirefighter
01-13-2013, 07:30 AM
well, not sure if this is fixable... was storming the walls in a quest last night and sent my swordmen over and clicked on the first infantry unit come towards me. instead of my men charging half of them turned around and climbed back down the ladders and proceeded to just march in front of the walls while getting shot at. the other half went to attack but there must have been one of their infantry somewhere inside the castle because they just stood there and were shot by arrows. they would not attack the units attacking them nor could they figure out where to go. my hero did the same thing....

01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
I just lost a level 11 dragon and about 9 lvl 8 ogres because I got stuck on a screen. After ork quest Honors to the Victor. I paid for that dragon I want it back not to mention leveling 9 orks so I can do the quest again will take days. (Edit) I did not lose them in a fight got stuck on a screen had to end via taskmanager. go back on poof no army.

Malaras
01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Not sure if this belongs here or already mentioned or if its a bug. But when selling at least food at trade building at my place every time a sell some the menu disappears. I'd assume that it should stay up so i don't half to click the building every time i want to sell 100 or whatever.

vladen82
02-20-2013, 09:37 PM
i have lost a lot of crowns resources and units. at first i had 17 crowns then it went to 13 i spent 4 crowns so i am now at 9 i am missing 4 crowns i had 16 archers being made and lost all of them i had 2o blade storms being made and lost them i had 11 unicorns being made and lost them and lost 6000 gold

zoopythefish
03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
not sure if anyone else is having this issue but it seems since the march 3rd patch that anytime i log off i stop collecting resources, sometimes all resources sometimes just specifically stone or wood. no matter what though my camps do not collect resources while im off, and a majority of the time my home city doesnt either. only one that seems to collect consistently is food. im playing humans with large herds of cows and sheep so both gold and food should be consistently collecting, but thats not the case

zoopythefish
03-06-2013, 07:35 PM
so this JUST happened... i was online and another player initiated a siege on my town, i accepted the siege and while connecting he got dc'd. when the game finally put me back in my home town about 30 of my crowns were gone. i did not select payout and after talking to the other player he said he didnt receive any type of payout either, just that his game had locked up while connecting to the battle

Konstantin Fomenko
03-07-2013, 10:42 AM
zoopythefish,

Thanks for your reports, we are looking into what`s going on with your homeland resources income. As far as Worker camps go - these don`t currently bring persistent income - we hope to change that soon though.

And check your PM for compensation of the crowns.

DGraviton
03-08-2013, 08:43 AM
forest bonus aren't applying to my elves. The text shows the correct food price but the food price of all units with a bonus is still the default price. this is true for rangers deer, and some other things i can't quite remember. (you're welcome to go into my game to buy these things and see what's not applying correct prices.)

also, the account name is Meowzors, not DGraviton.
Town name is: sleepykitties

Ryuuoath
03-19-2013, 11:17 AM
I think this is the right place to post. I was looking at the elf housing and noticed that it showed they could toggle trickles of resources but they all say food instead of there respective resource not sure if its a glitch or just a miss placed piece of code telling the caption what to say on the toggle.

Brian Shingles
03-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it and make sure it says the right resource.

Ryuuoath
03-19-2013, 12:03 PM
no problem. I know its nothing big, just a small detail but never hurts.

Kilauea
04-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I have searched the forums for any bugs regarding leaving forest spirits, however none appeared. In my city, my forest spirits randomly disappear making me lose resources, and not getting the proper positive income for wood. The game states there is no limit on forest spirits, so i believe there is a bug in my city. Any reply would be great.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Hello,

First you can ignore the resources indicator - especially with forest spirits it often lies, we plan to fix this in the near future.

Also to confirm if you forest spirits have disappeared or not - open the world map, select your town and check how many forest spirits it shows in the livestock tab of your town. There is a chance they are invisible, or stuck inside a tree, and will be back to normal once you restart the game - but they are not actually removed.

If they are actually removed - please confirm and we`ll keep on looking into this new issue.

Kilauea
04-02-2013, 11:32 AM
The spirits do actually leave the city, I've tried several times to see if the problem was random or continuous, and it is continuous after I have reached two forest spirits, they spawn but then proceed to move to the city's borders and leave.

bandor
04-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Upgrading female wardens.

If they are not resource gathering you cannot upgrade their slash/crush resist. You can only upgrade this while they are gating gold/food/stone.

While they are resource gathering you cannot see all their stats. You cannot see damage, range, ect. So you are not sure what lvl they are at already if you need to upgrade them.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Oh woah - this is something we never noticed. Thanks - adding it to our list of fixes for the coming week.

Atranox
04-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Four bugs -

The Steam manual (http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/227180/Manual.pdf?t=1364835474) says I should be able to right-click to walk or right-click to attack enemy units. However, I always have to double-right-click to issue any commands to units. Unsure if this is a bug or an intended change - though it would be nice to single click instead of always double.

The pierce armor on my Ogres also keeps resetting. I purchased the pierce armor upgrade from the building and also leveled up agility a few times (until it was greyed-out). This gave my Ogres anywhere from 30-40% pierce resist. However, after restarting the game their pierce armor is now 15% and agility cannot be leveled any more.

My resource cap in my city keeps resetting from over 17,000 to 7,400. This results in me losing tons of resources. This occurs occasionally when I move my army back into my city from a quest or PvP. This has happened 3 times in past 2 days. Restarting the game corrects the resource cap back to 17,000, but all of my resources are lost.

Finally, with dual monitors, I cannot scroll the screen to the right using edge-pan with my mouse. When I move my mouse to the right, it moves out-of-game and onto my second monitor. I can scroll in the other directions and pan the camera, but I need to use the D key on my keyboard to move right. Other RTS games constrain the cursor to the game window when full-screen, so it would be nice for that to occur here as well.

bandor
04-03-2013, 09:59 PM
elf, with herbal trait,swamp

alchemy trees, only 1 works
doesn't matter ifyou build 1 or 5, only 1 of them will actually do anything. The others are totally worthless. Please only let players build 1 or put a note that only 1 of them will do anything.

sengrath
04-04-2013, 05:10 AM
There is a major bug in my orc forest town,
I just got sieged and few of my building got damaged, so I took my laborers and ordered them to repair. They started to repair them, consume wood, but the building aren't getting repaired at all (buildings hp doesn't grow).
Walls repair however works perfectly fine, because they are repaired automatically by grand hut.

fungali
04-10-2013, 02:08 AM
If you have your Trebuchets in fireing range of an enemy unit/wall defence/gate and they are not set to hold fire, you can press Stop right after they have fired to instantly reload and fire again without consuming stone. Theis way you can lay waste to an entire town in just minutes. Firerate goes basically to once per second if you keep pressing Stop.

Zvonzi
04-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Thanks for reporting but/glitch. I'm sure DEVs will take a look at it.

tipper
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Quest progression bug:

A character will be present in my home city with a ? or ! over his head, but clicking on it selects the character as any other character, giving me the menu with heal, stance, etc. but in no way can I talk to them to access the quest. With the original guy who manages my estate it seems to have a random chance to correct itself when I restart the game. Sir Lentoth just appeared on my map recently and I've been given a quest by the first guy to talk to him, but clicking on Sir Lentoth with the bright yellow exclamation mark over his head does nothing but select him, giving the regular unit menu in the bottom left as described before. I can't talk to him to complete the quest, and nothing I do (including restarting and retrying many times) seems to work.
Impact: I can't do any more quests. I'm not strong enough to attack anyone/anything else yet, so the only way I can receive more crowns now is to waste gold. I basically can't research any technologies for lack of crowns.

Blacksmith/possible free technology bug:

Before building the blacksmith, in the town hall menu the options to upgrade to castle and stronghold are grayed out (Needs Blacksmith -> Masonry) like I would expect. With my wooden wall partially finished, I built a blacksmith, which finished before the wall did. After both were finished, I tried to get the blacksmith to research masonry, but it was grayed out (this was the only engineering research option that was). I checked my town hall and the options to upgrade to castle/stronghold were enabled as if I had researched masonry. I haven't researched any technology in any building yet so my guess is that the masonry option being grayed-out means it's already been researched.
Impact: Free technology??

Building plot bug:

Sometimes (I have not been able to discern a pattern) building plots for city buildings (not mills or spike traps) do not display, and so I am unable to build pretty much anything except houses, spike traps, and mills. I've tried combing the map with units in case they only appear within a certain range of my units, but no dice.

Nobodave
05-05-2013, 03:12 AM
tipper:
a) You need to move your hero next to the guy with the ? / ! quest marker in order to be able to talk to him.

b) When out of quests, just build a small raiding army and go farming the map(s).
(I use three archers, three archer/laborers, and usually a half-dozen melee and/or cavalry units.)
To go farm, click on your home town, create an army, select the army, right-click on a town (ideally one which says "Trade"). When a magnifying glass icon appears, click that. Now kill some enemies (green on the map for some reason), and watch out for moving enemy armies (red + icon on minimap).
After the fight, have your archer/workers loot the bodies.
When you leave the map, your army will have arrived. Sell excess stuff if you have any, repeat.
To recruit mercenaries, either trade in a friendly town or setup a tent camp to buy mercenaries (even from the other races, depends on which region you are in).
When your army returns home, move all the gold back to your city before - do so before logging out, or the army will consume the money. Enter home town, click "get crowns", buy them for 4000 each.

I found this easiest with orcs with the Looters trait - I kept hitting the resources cap for the army because of all the food we "found" (Elves have the advantage of only looting gold).

Here's a suggestion for exootic places to farm at:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7285

Nobodave
05-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Gameplay feedback:

Thanks for making the font legible.

As for the texts themselves:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fiction_rule_of_thumb.png

http://xkcd.com/483/ *SCNR*

IMO it would improve the overall storytelling if you
a) reduce the amount of dialogue text by 50%
b) remove, say, 90% of the home-brew vocabulary
c) add hints and short flavor texts to the mission log

(I found myself skipping the mission descriptions with their language mix, more so than in other games. So I prefer information like "bring trebuchets" to be in the quest log, not only in mission dialogue.)

Gameplay feedback: Map

I very much enjoy the "roaming the map" farming thing so far, and was just about to get some ogers for my elven army. (Unfortunately all my melee got stuck in green light).
It'd be nice if each region had a description on the main map (elvish, orkish, or human? Or HERE BE DRAGONS for Ssilistra?)
I'd also enjoy seeing more random maps for farming.

Gameplay feedback: Unit selection

It's a bit of a hassle to organize unit groups every single time you enter a map. (Select Archers, Ctrl-Number, move there, Wardens, Ctrl-Number, move there, Cavalry, Ctrl-Number, move over there, wait for the pathfinding to actually find paths, lasso the remaining units, Ctrl-Number, start attacking)

Suggestion:
Save the unit hotkeys for each army and load them at the start of each map.

Wynn
06-04-2013, 01:28 AM
BUMP Agreed, it's a pain to have to reassign control groups all the time. Devs please save the control key-map for each army. When that army is selected as as active then load in its control key-map.

BobGrim
06-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Me and a friend bought this game, but when I try to add him on my friends list he gets to accept the request but nothing shows on my list. When he tries to add me I get to accept but nothing shows on my list. On his friends list it seems to work. I've tried restarting the game.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Try adding him to ignore list. Removing from ignore list, and adding as a friend again.