PDA

View Full Version : About Beta and next release version...

karamot
09-27-2011, 06:51 AM
hi all

i discovered this game by magazine and i have to be honest, this game have great possibility, but looking around i have to say somethings...

this is a beta, but it is scandalous bugged, meaning obviously online kingdom...
i see about every day staff is fixing, but being honest, there is really much to fix, how can u plan to release game so soon?

im interested to buy, but there are so low contents, so many bugs, and most of all in offline more game dont go on, often game cause internet crack, quests often bugs, and more strange than others, when i left game and relogin later, often my city is changed, or some progress is lost, like a lost save game,

about my two cents, my most important question is another
release game what exactly allow? about 70% of upgrades and more need crowns to go on, thats will be paid apart? or who buied game have unlimited crown?

to be more clear, this game is a fee month game, a one buy game forever, a cash shop game or what?

putting game on 25 euros about and then a shop apart for crown is absurd imho, player will leave soon the game, no sense..

waiting clearifications.

andreicde
09-27-2011, 07:08 AM
hi all

i discovered this game by magazine and i have to be honest, this game have great possibility, but looking around i have to say somethings...

this is a beta, but it is scandalous bugged, meaning obviously online kingdom...
i see about every day staff is fixing, but being honest, there is really much to fix, how can u plan to release game so soon?

im interested to buy, but there are so low contents, so many bugs, and most of all in offline more game dont go on, often game cause internet crack, quests often bugs, and more strange than others, when i left game and relogin later, often my city is changed, or some progress is lost, like a lost save game,

about my two cents, my most important question is another
release game what exactly allow? about 70% of upgrades and more need crowns to go on, thats will be paid apart? or who buied game have unlimited crown?

to be more clear, this game is a fee month game, a one buy game forever, a cash shop game or what?

putting game on 25 euros about and then a shop apart for crown is absurd imho, player will leave soon the game, no sense..

waiting clearifications.
And giving an opinion without knowing how the system works and or the shop is also absurd. First of all everything you'l be able to buy in shop will be stuff to customize your castle or armies.Like dragons take big units rate which makes them balanced so you can't stack plenty

Sunleader
09-27-2011, 07:19 AM
A Few of your Questions were answered in News Section already.

This Game will work with a Cashshop
Means you will buy the Game and then Play for Free with the Exception that you can buy Special Stuff in the Itemshop using Crowns
Crowns again can either be gathered by doing Quests and Stuff or can be bought for Real Money

As for the other stuff
Guess you should ask in the Official Threads
not in the Main Square
Here the most answers will come from Players
When Posting your Questions directly in the regarding news for example PreOrder or Release news you have a good chance of the Company Staff answering you

Greetz

ziogualty
09-27-2011, 07:49 AM
I made preorder too.
Making a preorder today is a matter of "faith".

There are issues of many kinds, from absurd text bugs that should be a incredibly easy to solve, to more intricate and really bad stability issues.

I preoprdered the game because i have "Faith":
Faith in devs keep working hard on their (first) title.
Faith in the Team to care about paying customers to solve things they report.
Faith that the money we give could make devs breathe, put fresh resources in, and make them believe in this game.
Faith that, even if it's clear that they are releasing a sort of "still in Beta" game, devs will be wise enough to consider DoF a long term game, where improvements well made will keep players to come in.
Faith that lack of competitors in this kind of games (Stronghold, maybe?) that have not the potential of this title, will convince devs that this game could have great audienece even after release.

U canot even called "Hope", because previous experiences with game full of potential that lost their way already dried my hope out.

Just Faith.

karamot
09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
so i had all information i need.

personally its too much for me.
buying a game without any security about fix, with a cash shop beside the 29 euros, its unacceptable for me

i dont wanna scum here, but i wish to give an advice to developers and software house...
this game will be compared surely with other game like this atm free with a cash shop, my advice is to release game for free with a good cash shop, or other software house will devoure you.

my opinion, anyway congratulation for the idea of the game, its very impressive :)

Kajanov
09-27-2011, 09:41 AM
so i had all information i need.

personally its too much for me.
buying a game without any security about fix, with a cash shop beside the 29 euros, its unacceptable for me

i dont wanna scum here, but i wish to give an advice to developers and software house...
this game will be compared surely with other game like this atm free with a cash shop, my advice is to release game for free with a good cash shop, or other software house will devoure you.

my opinion, anyway congratulation for the idea of the game, its very impressive :)

There is no other game like this. trust me I have been looking for 2 years. Although This game is not 100 % "the game I am looking for" it is certainly the closest. And considering, that the cash shop prices are final, it is DAMN CHEAP although I think you are able to lose the units you buy from there. Also I am hoping, that you can get "crowns"(wealth) in other ways than a finite ammount of quests.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the kind words and well justified criticism as well!

Here`s the bottom line.

1) This is our first title - and we already have funding and employees (our full team capacity) to patch and support the game full-time well into the next year at least. I hope we have proven that even under our rushed deadline we are doing what we can with patching game every day - and will continue to do the same until it`s completely bug free. In addition there is a lot of extra content - most of which will be completely free coming out after release.

2) I understand reservations some people have - you like the game, but the bugs are just too much - I suggest you guys wait out couple of weeks before buying the game, and check at the forums to see our progress. Honestly though - at the rate we have been fixing things I think things will be in a really good shape towards 2nd half of October. We are actually holding back our marketing campaign towards end of October:)

ziogualty
09-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the kind words and well justified criticism as well!

Here`s the bottom line.

1) This is our first title - and we already have funding and employees (our full team capacity) to patch and support the game full-time well into the next year at least. I hope we have proven that even under our rushed deadline we are doing what we can with patching game every day - and will continue to do the same until it`s completely bug free. In addition there is a lot of extra content - most of which will be completely free coming out after release.

2) I understand reservations some people have - you like the game, but the bugs are just too much - I suggest you guys wait out couple of weeks before buying the game, and check at the forums to see our progress. Honestly though - at the rate we have been fixing things I think things will be in a really good shape towards 2nd half of October. We are actually holding back our marketing campaign towards end of October:)

I already preordered.
And reading this make me be positive for the future.
I think that pre ordering, expecially these days, should prove u already have our complete support.
;)

Konstantin Fomenko
09-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah - we are actually shocked by how many people pre-ordered, we were expecting to see less than 200 to be honest - with all the bugs and all! I can`t reveal the exact numbers - but looks like we`ll have tons of player traffic on day one:) Ok back to the bugs....

Kajanov
09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah - we are actually shocked by how many people pre-ordered, we were expecting to see less than 200 to be honest - with all the bugs and all! I can`t reveal the exact numbers - but looks like we`ll have tons of player traffic on day one:) Ok back to the bugs....

I believe it is always good to aim low and be shocked by how high, rather than aim high and be shocked by how few. Great job guys. I'm loving the game even with all the bugs and love having a chance to test things before it matters(when the game is released).

Edit: Typos

macamus
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi!

I was a bit worried about the "cash shop" thing as well as addition to the actual cost of the game. But its not seeming like a pay to win deal. You actually get influence points for all quests you do as well as PvP (havnt tested that out yet)

I spent the last week playing different cities to see if I really had to spend loads of thoose influence points in order to not spend a week just getting up a few buildings (not buying ressources for influence in other words) and it works just fine.

Just be smart with the trading. There are lots of upgrades that really doesnt seem that important either so pick carefully. After testing out alot im not that worried about the "cash shop" thing anymore.

Apocalypto
09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
What ?

Buying the game ? Then buying in cash shop ?

What ?

Game will be playable (mainly bugs free) only in end october , and launched end september ?

Hum...IMO, you MUST made a choice, or you made a real F2P, where people can see if you have really reach the most importants bug frees step at least in 1 month, or you made a real normal price like 50$ around.But both seems to be like a little scamm.Even if the cash shop is not a pay to win stuff.

Personnaly, i prefer pay 80$ to get all stuff in game, even ****ty one,while playing,than paying again and again, and dont get the little useless but so importants things without winning them in game.

Then if you know,that the game cant be launched properly untill at least one month, why launch it so prematurely ?

I know you need money fast, and time is money...but wait a little, fix it better,then take the money fairly.

Finally, is there any way, to get a little movie with full updated graphic improvement, the graphical futur of the game ? Because for now, i really dont like them, specially troops and shadow clipping...

Konstantin Fomenko
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM
You criticism with regard to the early launch is right on target. But this is not a perfect world. However we do have a perfect team behind the game:p - and at the rate we are fixing everything - game should be in awesome shape with-in a week actually. Already we have fixed all the game breaking bugs.

With regard to the cash-shop, here you are wrong. DoF is NOT and NEVER will be a cash-shop type of game. This is not AoE Online or other web browser RTS. There are a lot of topics on this subject already, look into this some more.

karamot
09-29-2011, 01:11 PM
i just wanna say a last thing about game

today i noticed a very good package of fix, finnaly i succesfully plaied for 2 hours without crash, except for the town reload i have to do for speak with my tutor...

i give u good luck for the release and for the future of thi very good game, my adventure will end tonight, but i hope to come back into this world when it will be really cheaper or free in future :)

god luck see soon i hope

best regards

andreicde
09-29-2011, 05:27 PM
What ?

Buying the game ? Then buying in cash shop ?

What ?

Game will be playable (mainly bugs free) only in end october , and launched end september ?

Hum...IMO, you MUST made a choice, or you made a real F2P, where people can see if you have really reach the most importants bug frees step at least in 1 month, or you made a real normal price like 50$ around.But both seems to be like a little scamm.Even if the cash shop is not a pay to win stuff.

Personnaly, i prefer pay 80$ to get all stuff in game, even ****ty one,while playing,than paying again and again, and dont get the little useless but so importants things without winning them in game.

Then if you know,that the game cant be launched properly untill at least one month, why launch it so prematurely ?

I know you need money fast, and time is money...but wait a little, fix it better,then take the money fairly.

Finally, is there any way, to get a little movie with full updated graphic improvement, the graphical futur of the game ? Because for now, i really dont like them, specially troops and shadow clipping...

Your def ignorant if you think cash shop=power. Yes cash shop can make you build faster than the others but pvp works only for players that have similar strength. What that means is that a huge money player will NEVER have an advantage if he plays daily because he'l end up having nothing to do or the game would be too easy. However, when the other players like me will reach his level , we'l beat the money players easily because we would be way more advanced . Money can buy you units but there is a limit which means you can't go and buy 90 great dragons and go berserk. So...yeah. Oh and btw I always target cash shop if it's overpowered and I can notice in a few seconds if it can break the game or not.

Yorobashi
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope we have proven that even under our rushed deadline

moral of the stoy boys and girls... corporate ding bats screw over their own initial revenue and no one benefits in the early days, imo people just need to be more willing to let a company do all they can with the money they've been given without some stupid deadline... you get larger returns in the end. especially behind the safety of a wonderful contract...

Braindawg
09-29-2011, 07:19 PM
I pre ordered! do i get a reward! cookies would be nice :)