PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Game before I review/Recommend it!

Honvik
09-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Good Evening,

I've currently been playing Beta and its been wonderful to see the various changes DoF has gone through over the last few weeks. It has seen vast improvements, fixes, dev feedback and finally a release date.

I am planning on doing a review on release (my twitter followers and guild) and also to recommend it to my gaming guild www.ez-guild.com.

For this I have a few questions that have semi been answered but not confirmed. If you want to pre-order the game www.game.uk.com have it on offerfolks and at a good price! I've got my copy already :) (can provide shiny pics)

Anyway my questions.

1. How will players see other players on the map? Currently I can only see my own kingdom and no one else? is this feature disabled permamently? We were hoping for a living world but currently looks empty/bland.

2. How many Cities can you have? or how do you get more?

3. What are the benefits of PVP?

4. How many quests are there? and are there ways to gain more influence?

5. Will the game receive free updates or soley expansions that cost money?

6. Will the game be supported/patched post release?

Thanks

Honvik

AvengingEvil
09-24-2011, 11:37 AM
there will be expansions and dlc after release as well as maintenance and patches you have to pay for the expansions and dlc but also spend influence points gained doing quests to purchase the expansion/dlc in game

AvengingEvil
09-24-2011, 11:38 AM
you can gain influence thru doing quests and playing the game normally

AvengingEvil
09-24-2011, 11:39 AM
by pvping you gain resources when you win and losing side gets some of their resources taken away unfortunately you cant conquer any of the towns maybe theyll add that option for npc towns @least

Alex Walz
09-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Hello!

1. How will players see other players on the map? Currently I can only see my own kingdom and no one else? is this feature disabled permamently? We were hoping for a living world but currently looks empty/bland.
Due to performance issues and necessary space requirements, only your own and NPC strongholds appear on the map. The design of the World Map just doesn't allow thousands of stronghold models - however we may work on this to show your alliance's strongholds or something of that nature in the near future.

2. How many Cities can you have? or how do you get more?
In the Online Kingdom mode, you can have one homeland and a number of army camps to initiate your sieges from. In the Kingdom Wars mode, you can have up to 15 strongholds. :)

You will find everything else in this compilation: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4047

Honvik
09-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Hello!

Due to performance issues and necessary space requirements, only your own and NPC strongholds appear on the map. The design of the World Map just doesn't allow thousands of stronghold models - however we may work on this to show your alliance's strongholds or something of that nature in the near future.

In the Online Kingdom mode, you can have one homeland and a number of army camps to initiate your sieges from. In the Kingdom Wars mode, you can have up to 15 strongholds. :)

You will find everything else in this compilation: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4047

Thank you for your response. It indeed looks interesting your planned road map for content. Will this road map change if sales are not as planned ? Is there any planned dynamic events for the map to show it as a living world ? I.e show a war is going on, armies fighting or mystical beasts ?