PDA

View Full Version : Why 360 and not PS3?

fyro11
09-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Right, the purpose of this thread is not to have a fanboy-style, all-out flamewar like those illustrated on YouTube.

Moreso to do with brainstorming reasons why RTS games rarely make it onto the PS3 whereas 360 seems to have quite a few. The first example is Dawn of Fantasy. Right now the only other game that comes to mind is Battle for Middle Earth 2, but I'm sure I've seen other RTS games in game stores that were available on both PC and 360, but not available on PS3.

So, discuss...

Puppeteer
09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Shouldn't this go in the Xbox360 section? Anyway, I'm not too sure myself... maybe the controllers are more suited?

The Witch King of Angmar
09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Well since Microsoft makes Xbox 360 it is more set up for computer games.

Mrdash
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Ya but the GFX on the ps3 would be so totaly B E A utiful!!! Gosh I can only dream.

....You have seen the pwnge GFX for certain games on the ps3 right? I saw a sweet one for TFU.... My mouth is watering for SWEET GFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I couldnt get a ps3 if you did...=/

Could uh...anyone spot me $500?

Esculas the Mighty
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
360 because all the rpg's and traditional ps games have been ported/bought out by Microsoft

Esculas the Mighty
09-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Ya but the GFX on the ps3 would be so totaly B E A utiful!!! Gosh I can only dream.

....You have seen the pwnge GFX for certain games on the ps3 right? I saw a sweet one for TFU.... My mouth is watering for SWEET GFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I couldnt get a ps3 if you did...=/

Could uh...anyone spot me $500?

oddly graphics that are too good hurt my eyes but i get use to it

Onebadterran
09-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I looked at some of the top rated PS3 Graphics and XBox 360 graphics and they are comprable so I don't think it has to do with graphics, it is probably more likely that the XBox is owned by more people worldwide and thus a bigger market. The XBox as also been around longer and thus more well known, despite the Wii and PS3 hype.

Esculas the Mighty
09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I looked at some of the top rated PS3 Graphics and XBox 360 graphics and they are comprable so I don't think it has to do with graphics, it is probably more likely that the XBox is owned by more people worldwide and thus a bigger market. The XBox as also been around longer and thus more well known, despite the Wii and PS3 hype.

true no one can stand up to the amazing power of the 360 ( not system wise ps3 is better int hat category ) but by how long its been out , how many people have it , and that all the games YOU want are on it

if its not well i bet its on your pc which Microsoft is actually getting some rts on the 360

p.s i hate Microsoft for disbanding ensemble studios , I cannot describe the hate i have for them for doing something so sinful

The_Biz
12-03-2008, 03:39 AM
i hate Microsoft for disbanding ensemble studios , I cannot describe the hate i have for them for doing something so sinful

i hope halo wars includes a nice "**** you, MS" in it

nickson104
12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
As said before, it has more players due to being out longer and therefore is a bigger market. Yes also it has certain aspects comparable to the PC.
Another point is that huge numbers of RTS games have been made for xbox using the stick system and so other games just need to recycle that system rather than redevelop another system.

As for graphics, the PS3 is slightly ahead of Xbox but not so much that its painfully obvious and as for systems wise i would normally say Xbox have better statistics so far... but my xbox has just died so i am soooo not happy and i will not say that

SPARROW94
12-07-2008, 03:25 AM
The Xbox 360 Is Just 100% Better Thats Way Smart @$$