PDA

View Full Version : A Recipe for Success

fyro11
09-17-2008, 11:21 AM
This was something that I wanted to suggest for a long time now, but I thought it would only be proper of me to suggest it, if it was of paramount importance. And yes, I do think it is.

There are two games that I think were huge hits and most of you will have heard of them (which adds to the evidence of their success):

- Warcraft 3 and expansion (only the RTS games we're talking about)
- Battle for Middle-Earth series

One operated on a smaller scale; armies were smaller. But the merit in Warcraft was the strong storyline which revolved around a few people that were commandable heroes outside of the cutscenes. What this allows the player to do is feel the emotions and the highs and lows of the hero/anti-hero they are commanding. This is because if a story revolves around armies, then it is difficult to feel the emotions just leading armies to the slaughter. This is something that Battle for Middle-Earth as a game has not been able to achieve. In the books and movies it did, but not in the game, but we'll come back later to Battle for Middle-Earth.

In Warcraft 3, let's take the example of Arthas, whose betrayal and murder of his father, the king (after retrieving the sword Frostmourne) came to me as an huge shock, no less. He even sacrificed his friend Muradin Bronzebeard for Frostmourne, whom I had grown to like over just one or two missions. And then- on top of all that- Arthas defected to the Undead, the Undead!! Of all the evil factions, he stooped that low. Frostmourne had empowered him so much. My willpower to play as Arthas was suddenly zilch. It was such a big shock, I still think back about it now. I remember my cousin stopped playing the game for many weeks when he came to that part. The way it was all built up how Arthas went all the way to Northrend (the equivalent of the Arctic) just to find a way to stop the Undead- and then this. Back then I was 17, older than many here are today and I've had my fair share of violent, gorey and horror movies. But the sequence of events, how Arthas was pitched to be the saviour, the hero of Humans in Lordaeron and how that tinge of arrogance in him which was hidden beneath his desire for the Good and welfare of his people, how that arrogance manifested (expressed) itself.

The second example I'd like to use is that of the evil Arthas (in the Frozen Throne), an evil person whom the player is lead to control. Now this is the other side of the coin where one begins to grow into the outfit they're given, of Evil. In the beginning of that Undead mission, I was squinting because I didn't like the new Arthas, and I did so for the next few missions. But then, after may be 3 or 4, it was like the player wants to unleash destruction, destroying any Good barrier or obstacle and take over and rule the world muhahahahaaa-style!

The other thing is, not every mission should be building bases and armies, some can be like the first one; like the one in your script. Even if most were about building a base/encampment and armies, a few should be more focused on a few characters.

One last thing in this regard, is the totally different feel that one has as soon as they play a different faction. Even the HUD (heads up display) changed with each faction. The first time I played as Night Elves, I hated it. Absolutely hated it. They were just soo different. All purple with blue clothes. But after that first mission I grew to like them just as I did with the other factions. They were unique with their weird voices and they were unique in that they were mysterious and other-worldly.

The second part is, the Battle for Middle-Earth. This is about big armies and epic battles. This was the first RTS game I played with such vast armies, and I loved it. But after the campaign, the 'skirmish' option began to dry up slowly. It's just that a lot of the maps were barren and sometimes colourless (colorless). So different colours imo is key. But the epic feel of it was the factor that made me love it (as well as my liking of LOTR generally).

So the idea is to make battles epic, but the storyline can move in on particular characters and what they choose to do with their epic armies. At times, heroes may have to move alone through forests, underworlds, wildernesses/mountains/whatevers, so this is another factor key to a good, nay the best kind of game.

I'll add anything else if I've forgotten. I know it's a lot, but errr whatever :P

Darvin
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
One of the big successes of Warcraft III that very few games have captured (and none successfully, IMO) was the customization of heroes, and the impact of hero selection on your overall strategy. Playing the human faction with an archmage was entirely different from playing with a mountain king and paladin, and even then skill selections offered a wide range of variations and strategies. Even to this day I know and use multiple different skill builds for heroes; I'm particularly fond of bolt/bash and bolt/clap mountain kings, and I often hesitate at level 2 to decide which route to go.

I loved a lot of the Warcraft III heroes for their character and customization. The bloodmage was one of my favourites once they patched siphon mana to actually be good. You can either play him as a powerful artillery (best in team) or as a tactical support character (banish is easily the game's most underrated spell; banish/siphon bloodmage has no damage output, but he's scary if used right). I also love the warden as any combination of two of her skills is totally valid and performs well in any matchup and any stage of the game. Shadow Hunter is one of those heroes that makes you cry that you can't max out three skills at once, since they make him so versatile and balanced. The Death Knight, however, easily takes the cake as the best designed hero due to his ridiculous versatility and power. All his skills rank as the game's best overall, not because of their sheer strength (except death pact, that's just insane @_@), but because they're so broad and reaching.

Puppeteer
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Battle for Middle-Earth series
err, yes, successful...

So the idea is to make battles epic, but the storyline can move in on particular characters and what they choose to do with their epic armies. At times, heroes may have to move alone through forests, underworlds, wildernesses/mountains/whatevers, so this is another factor key to a good, nay the best kind of game.
Finally, the actual point :p Well this happens anyway, as far as I can tell. There are screenshots of heroes talking, and each looks important.

fyro11
09-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Battle for Middle-Earth 1 and 2 were a success whether you like it or not, Puppet. :P

A strong storyline is a must.

Sharku
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Spoilers, Muradin didn't die.

nickson104
09-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Battle for Middle-Earth 1 and 2 were a success whether you like it or not, Puppet. :P

A strong storyline is a must.

They were a success for EA as are all their games... huge budget, crap produce. A big earner for EA and a big letdown for gamers.

I mean yeah the feeling of controlling an army entirely made of wargs or tower guards or even spammed orcs was really amazing feeling due to the sheer force. But it wasnt long before the letdowns became apparent, heros that not only inspire allies but are near invincible, elven archers being near unmatchable and the fact arrows ALWAYS hit their mark, i mean it is so awesome when arrows can miss, but not only that but can friendly fire or hit a wrong target at least.

And yeah definitely storyline must be good, and it does look like there is a storyline to DOF

Darvin
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Spoilers, Muradin didn't die.

Eh? When did he come back to life? You know a story is going downhill when it spontaneously resurrects a dead character who was thoroughly and thematically slain.

Personally I thought the story was great up until the Night Elf campaign. That campaign was just poorly designed, the characters bland, and the missions overly straightforward. The expansion was excellent overall, but had the sour taste like an anime that had caught up to its manga and was struggling to create extra filler on the fly. The introduction of the Naga race and outland really stunk of a last-ditch attempt to add two campaigns to precede the undead one. They really didn't help the lore or strengthen the story.

As for Battle for Middle Earth, "success" is a dubious term. Financial success is one thing, but it had nothing to do with its quality of gameplay (or rather, the lack thereof). There were several good ideas and innovations, but they were screwed up by bad design choices and lack of polish.

Sharku
09-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Eh? When did he come back to life? You know a story is going downhill when it spontaneously resurrects a dead character who was thoroughly and thematically slain.

He was never killed, just "knocked unconscious" and gets amnesia. Also, all the Dreadlords that were killed in Warcraft 3 never really died either. The same with every other character Blizzard brings back in an attempt to milk WoW next expansion, which is a real disgrace if you ask me.

Darvin
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
He was never killed, just "knocked unconscious" and gets amnesia. Also, all the Dreadlords that were killed in Warcraft 3 never really died either. The same with every other character Blizzard brings back in an attempt to milk WoW next expansion, which is a real disgrace if you ask me.

Ok, I could see the dreadlords coming back to life since they're fricken demons. Muradin? He was impaled by ice, left to die in the Frozen reaches of Northrend, and his surviving men never found him. How does he survive!?. I'd accept "becoming undead" as a plausible argument, but that doesn't make it any less lame. To repeat myself:

The expansion was excellent overall, but had the sour taste like an anime that had caught up to its manga and was struggling to create extra filler on the fly.

Except now it's not so much a sour taste as a repugnant one.

iceblast
09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
kid rock is successful.

Onebadterran
09-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Don't forget Starcraft. It has been going on for 10 years now. If an (mmo)rts has been going on that long then they must be doing something right.

Also bout the dead/revived thing; they could just be "sorta dead" or "mostly dead" but not "all dead" (Princess Bride).

Darvin
09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Generally if you're "sorta dead" or "mostly dead" and left in a frozen, barren tundra with no shelter and nothing to eat without anyone's help, you'll become "completely dead" rather quickly.

MrBlack103
09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, good point.

However, I also think that Luke Skywalker surviving a blizzard just after being attacked by a wampa is entirely believable as well.

Jean=A=Luc
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
That Skywalker sod didn't have Frostmourne just pass through his gut.

fyro11
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
May I have the mods' thoughts on this thread? Preferably positive, heh.

fyro11
10-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Sorry for the double post, but any mods' opinions?

Jean=A=Luc
10-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Don't you mean devs?

nickson104
10-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Don't you mean devs?

i think he meant moderator, but basically they are the same thing really

Darvin
10-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Not anymore; the forum now has moderators who are not developers.

The devs have to be tight-lipped for the time being, so they won't respond to this thread.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't blame them. I'll be happy enough when they release all the new info they have stored up.

nickson104
10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't blame them. I'll be happy enough when they release all the new info they have stored up.

Yup all at once thats going to be a big wow :)

fyro11
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Not anymore; the forum now has moderators who are not developers.

The devs have to be tight-lipped for the time being, so they won't respond to this thread.
Understood. Close the thread, if you wish.

Darvin
10-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Understood. Close the thread, if you wish.

Why? Just because the thread was targeted at the devs doesn't mean there isn't a valid discussion for forum-goers. I just said you're unlikely to get a dev response, that's all.

Joseph Visscher
10-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Sorry for not responding for so long, I'll try to keep this short, I don't want to be here all night. :p

Dawn of Fantasy singleplayer does actually have quite a few levels where you get only your heroes and a few loyal soldiers after being betrayed you must fight your way back to...Sorry, can't say anything I shouldn't. Anyways we have thousands of localization and story for you to read, and feel; Dawn of Fantasy does have a original story to tell you, along with trying to create the funnest gameplay and multilayer experience that we can. And that includes epic battles with more units then,,, Ha what 100 units bfme2 allowed? What a joke.

Puppeteer
10-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Man, that sounds like an over-bubbling cauldron of ecstacy.

nickson104
10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Of course it does it sounds awesome :) and the unit cap being higher sounds brilliant for gameplay :) maybe not so brilliant for the life of my computer but im happy :) :p

Esculas the Mighty
10-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Of course it does it sounds awesome :) and the unit cap being higher sounds brilliant for gameplay :) maybe not so brilliant for the life of my computer but im happy :) :p

yea :( but i oddly enjoy managing my economy and building my city a bit more then warfare

you can say im should just play city-builders

Jean=A=Luc
10-16-2008, 05:59 PM
you can say im should just play city-builders

Maybe you should.

Esculas the Mighty
10-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Maybe you should.

but once ive perfected my city all i wanna do si flex its power whcih city-builders don't believe in for some reason

nickson104
10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
but once ive perfected my city all i wanna do si flex its power whcih city-builders don't believe in for some reason

yup me too : i love the city building but its not often i find a good city builder, stronghold is currently my favourite game as it has a really good builder on it and then it is nice and easily tested against your opponents

The Witch King of Angmar
10-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Sorry for not responding for so long, I'll try to keep this short, I don't want to be here all night. :p

Dawn of Fantasy singleplayer does actually have quite a few levels where you get only your heroes and a few loyal soldiers after being betrayed you must fight your way back to...Sorry, can't say anything I shouldn't. Anyways we have thousands of localization and story for you to read, and feel; Dawn of Fantasy does have a original story to tell you, along with trying to create the funnest gameplay and multilayer experience that we can. And that includes epic battles with more units then,,, Ha what 100 units bfme2 allowed? What a joke.

That would be excellent if there was rebellion because if there was and you were already being attacked, you would have fights on both fronts. :D

Esculas the Mighty
10-17-2008, 04:40 PM
yup me too : i love the city building but its not often i find a good city builder, stronghold is currently my favourite game as it has a really good builder on it and then it is nice and easily tested against your opponents

y but strongholds cities are beyond simple to keep up (this exculdes military)

try a game like 1701 AD where your populationion needs goods as they advance

nickson104
10-18-2008, 05:51 AM
y but strongholds cities are beyond simple to keep up (this exculdes military)

try a game like 1701 AD where your populationion needs goods as they advance

Fair point, one of my old favourites was Pharoh (spelt wrong i know :/ ) or the roman version of the same i cant remember its name lol

Building from the bottom making food production, distributing, providing water, entertainment, protection, services, temples, improving these, armies to defend self, monuments and so on :) i used to love them but both of the games discs died from overuse i think :/

Jean=A=Luc
10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Fair point, one of my old favourites was Pharoh (spelt wrong i know :/ ) or the roman version of the same i cant remember its name lol

It was Caesar lol. And Caesar wasn't the Roman version of Pharaoh, Pharaoh was the Egyptian version of Caesar. :p

Puppeteer
10-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh I have those, won them in a Classics contest quiz. Man they're awesome games, except the fighting. That sucks. Then again, I hate fighting on that, I just like making a really nice town with good houses and such :p

MrBlack103
10-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, one of my favaourite things in DoF is probably going to be managing my town, working out how I can best defend it and managing my production of resources, goods etc.

Esculas the Mighty
10-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah, one of my favaourite things in DoF is probably going to be managing my town, working out how I can best defend it and managing my production of resources, goods etc.

same here and fooling around with diplomacy xD

kronlc
10-18-2008, 04:28 PM
same here and fooling around with diplomacy xD All good things but even those get boring.
my time will be spent snuffing out hog noobs and setting up
camps of the far reaches of my territorys and at strategic
points liek bridges......say what about strategic points..I wonder
if there willbe many bridges and stufff.....

The Witch King of Angmar
10-18-2008, 06:42 PM
They may list those types of features on the map. Also, there may be alot of monsters in far out territories.

nickson104
10-21-2008, 11:21 AM
All good things but even those get boring.
my time will be spent snuffing out hog noobs and setting up
camps of the far reaches of my territorys and at strategic
points liek bridges......say what about strategic points..I wonder
if there willbe many bridges and stufff.....

Ummm unless i am mistaken the only camps they have mentioned so far are siege camps and that is only before a battle, and as for strategic points i hope they are included but i dont think that has been mentioned other than in your own region surrounding your castle, not in distant lands and such, then again i might just have missed something :)

kronlc
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Ummm unless i am mistaken the only camps they have mentioned so far are siege camps and that is only before a battle, and as for strategic points i hope they are included but i dont think that has been mentioned other than in your own region surrounding your castle, not in distant lands and such, then again i might just have missed something :)

WHat do you COnveive A strArtegic Point to be nicksonn pleaSe?

IIm Talking about river crossings and Bridges >.. Forests
Roads.>W ? OK ..WOudlnt?> thoSe thigns b every where anyway?
IN distant lands? I know...Just try to uNDerstand It beffOR
You reply to myPostrs I dont leik know boys.

Puppeteer
10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Just try to uNDerstand It beffOR
You reply to myPostrs I dont leik know boys.
Write properly then! I can't understand the first half of what you just said! Not that I'd want to anyway. I'm gonna call a Post Boycott of you soon.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I agree on what Mr. Black said. The only time camps would be far out is if there was like an exploring party, a small band of soldiers or something like that.

nickson104
10-23-2008, 06:42 AM
I agree on what Mr. Black said. The only time camps would be far out is if there was like an exploring party, a small band of soldiers or something like that.

Exactly so they wont be able to secure them strategic points kron, and besides i had all of them as strategic points, mountains and cliffs are some you left out, all the better for an ambush or just to help your archers have the advantage, well all troops really because it is harder to fight your way uphill than downhill

And i totally agree with the post boycott :) if we cant understand his post without stopping to reread it several times why should we bother?

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
11-08-2008, 12:30 AM
O boy o boy its been awhile but lets fix things up here.

BFME 1 and 2 where an overall epic fail two was just hopes to think that it wasn't as bad as 1. secound bfme was only popular because they produced a game of a moive that came out in the 2 years it was still on peoples minds.

Warcraft III
The blood elf campain i thought was quite good but alittle inpossible at points and forgeting to make things was anoying. exsample as the naga race as far as i know you cannot make any Royal Naga Warriors which sucks balls. Two the blood elfs blacksmiths upgrades does not even help any unit if you read the upgrades descripition LAZY. Again The blood elf race / naga needed alot more to them and then they could of added an illidian race which of rulled. But warcraft producers mind is to small to do this so i dont blame them. Warcraft 3 and exspanion where well done i thoguht the night elf race summed it up some while the exspanion finished up the small but not finished story.

Coming back to illidain race.
Some of you are probbie going illidain race whats this guy smocking? well think about it you got Naga queen shush of something, the blood elf prince, Illidian and maybe that rouge guy. Theirs 4 heros and the way you make up the naga/blood elf/rouge people is. You give the player opnions when they pickt he illidain race and click either Specailty in Blood elfs, Naga, or rouges/ this would give you a hole diffent playing opinion and make the game alot more fun but the anoying thing is balincing.So Yeah theirsa race they could of made 4 million more dollors on.

So yeah i'll agree the blood elf campain was deisgned by a total loser who forget so many inportant things...

NOTE I DO NOT CARE IF MY SPELLING OR GRAMMER IS WRONG IF IT IS IGNORE IT OR TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT SES I DO NOT CARE STOP *****ING!

Puppeteer
11-08-2008, 05:49 AM
You give the player opinions when you pick the illidain race?
oh, options... yes because in all the other factions you don't get any options, not even the order of the units you want to buy. The AI does it all for you, so no options for anyone.
What's an "Illidain"? If it's from Warcraft III, which I gather, it's none too original.
All in favour of ignoring that post/drivvel?

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
11-08-2008, 01:45 PM
flame omg flame dont read this

Puppeteer
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Excuse me? I hardly spammed. Sure I've restrained myself more but that's called "maturity". Look it up, before you start insulting people.
So, I'll ask again... What is an "Illidain"?

The Witch King of Angmar
11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah, Sauron, if you want to start posting again I'm all for that, but don't go insulting moderators. That's completely uncalled for.

Mrdash
11-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok Sauron...

1. The majority of the people I know think bfme1 was an ok game. Even though I agree number 2 wasn't all too good.

2. Where the heck does warcraft come in the conversation that was going on at the time. Strategic points and such...

3. You talk as if we should all know what your really talking about. Illidian..wth?

4. Insulting a mod Is almost the stupidest idea you could have. Second being insulting a Dev, and the first being insulting my momma.

Puppeteer
11-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Insulting anyone is not allowed, it's against the Code of Conduct.
I overlooked the bfme comment, I loved the BFME1 campaign. Sure, BFME2 was a disappointment but BFME1 had a lot going for it.

Joseph Visscher
11-09-2008, 11:19 AM
NOTE PLEASE READ THE POST U NIMROD P.S i was here before u where a gay ass little modder and you spammed every post so dont comint to people who know your pasted.

Infaction given.

Yea bfme1's story was a lot better then bfme2, know why?
Because EA made the story for bfme2. :p Easy as eating pie.

Jean=A=Luc
11-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Infection given.

AIDS or Malaria? :)

The Witch King of Angmar
11-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Nice point. It made me sad to see Tolkien right abused so badly.

Puppeteer
11-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Let us dwell no further on the dreaded Lore-Murderers.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Back on topic, I wonder if ratings for the game or the people looking forward to it will go down since things have been pretty quiet for a while.

Jean=A=Luc
11-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Things were never too "loud" anyway imo, at least not outside this site. The coming "marketing campaign" will hopefully correct that.

Andy Joslin
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
We'll have the marketing campaign out for you guys as soon as we can. We have a few more hills to get over in development, though...

It's coming.;)

The Witch King of Angmar
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Are any of these "hills" anything that we should be worried about or are they just bug kind of things? If you can't answer, I'm fine with that.

Thanks

MrBlack103
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
If you can't answer, I'm fine with that.

Well I'm not.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Lol, for that they may not include you in on anything. I'm just trying to suck up so I can get extra information. :D

Andy Joslin
11-10-2008, 05:32 PM
anything that we should be worried about or are they just bug kind of things? If you can't answer, I'm fine with that.

'Bug kind of things' could sum it up, I guess. Adding any new feature will almost always bring new bugs.

Before we start marketing, we want to completely automate the economy so that there is only one resource (FunMetal), which is automatically gathered at +1000/second by little robots.

Troops will be automatically built from FunTents.

MrBlack103
11-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Yes! FUN! FUN! FUN!:D :p

crex719
11-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Omg you almost had me up to funmetal....

Jean=A=Luc
11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
...by little robots.

Those better be FunBots.

Esculas the Mighty
11-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Those better be FunBots.

time to kill this joke

and BUILT BY FUN ....mechanics ;D

The Witch King of Angmar
11-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Sounds good to me. Tying up the loose ends is what's important because if they're found in the game they can be annoying.

Andy Joslin
11-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Those better be FunBots.

You betcha!:D

Puppeteer
11-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Excellent. 1000/second sounds about right to me.

Andy Joslin
11-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Excellent. 1000/second sounds about right to me.
Yes. We want a simple and elegant economic system without huge numbers which will confuse people. We think thousands are a good base to go off of.:)

Puppeteer
11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Could you automate the military as well? That'd be swell.

raving
11-12-2008, 02:55 AM
Yes. We want a simple and elegant economic system without huge numbers which will confuse people. We think thousands are a good base to go off of.:)

i would have been disapointed if the numbers where any smaller!

MrBlack103
11-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, when it comes to eco-management in games, I like having large numbers and lots of tasks to complete to get the economy running well (I am not being sarcastic).

Esculas the Mighty
11-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, when it comes to eco-management in games, I like having large numbers and lots of tasks to complete to get the economy running well (I am not being sarcastic).

me too i enjoy slow starts and well planing to end up with a powerfull economy

thats why games like starcraft i never got into great game but not my type

kronlc
11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
me too i enjoy slow starts and well planing to end up with a powerfull economy

thats why games like starcraft i never got into great game but not my type

sounds turtilish Esc :P

Esculas the Mighty
11-19-2008, 08:22 AM
sounds turtilish Esc :P

it should cause thats my playing style but don't underestimate me its only my favorite playing style im completely capable of rushing

i just prefer the turtle

kronlc
11-19-2008, 05:59 PM
it should cause thats my playing style but don't underestimate me its only my favorite playing style im completely capable of rushing

i just prefer the turtle

lolz, k then.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Back on topic, will DoF advertise in gaming magazines or will they be going smaller scale? Your thoughts? (Lol I feel like I'm Harray Caray from the SNL skit. :p)

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
01-02-2010, 12:35 AM

There are two games that I think were huge hits and most of you will have heard of them (which adds to the evidence of their success):

- Warcraft 3 and expansion (only the RTS games we're talking about)
- Battle for Middle-Earth series

Ok Sauron...

2. Where the heck does warcraft come in the conversation that was going on at the time. Strategic points and such...

blargh this is old and I know I shouldn't bring up this dead topic but this is where warcraft came into conflict next time read the main post before trying to make someone look stupid :/(Iím pretty sure its not flamming stating the fact, also stating ones opinion is not flamming but can be considered flamming if token the wrong way but I do see since I called you guys nimrods thus through he did spam just check his first couple hundred posts. this is a dead topic I also know but I was scanning through and wanted to prove my point if this is more understandable yes?

so yeah its really a small infraction if it was big at all i dont know... thus that proves my point. Human beings can follow threre opninion on whatever so what I saw from a what he posted vs good and unless he had a majority of spam rather than good posts.

blackfang
01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
i love to turtle my way through a truly awesome game! So this game will definitely be a hit!