PDA

View Full Version : To the Devs

axal011
09-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I know your working VERY hard to fix alot of issues, but I have a serious question.

Once you release the game, will you continue to work on bugs? This is what scares me the most...When "The Guild 2" was released, they stopped working on bugs that kill the game, thus they just decided to release it and not make any further updates. Will you confirm you will keep updating after release?

Im also interested in using the micro-managment system, so theres some moolah for you :D

Konstantin Fomenko
09-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Great question - and we really need to spread the word on this.

I know many companies give promises - but we are committed to support DoF to the level of Blizzard support and above.

The plan is:

Stage 1 - October
-5 weeks in October - patch the game every 2nd day until we fix every single bug
-Rework core components - including pathfinding, game controls e.t.c

Stage 2 - November & December
-2 patches per week - working on balance, rare bugs, and minor issues here and there
-Add lots of free feature and content that we didn`t get a chance to add - fully Guilds and player interaction support, hero customization, various MMO features to bring up social aspect of the game, some new buildings and gameplay elements

Stage 3 - January, February
-1 patch per week - working on balance and whatever bugs come out
-Work on paid DLC content "High Seas" - release of full on Naval Combat PvsE and PvP, sea-shore homelands, naval campaign quests
-Work on paid DLC content "Wizard Orders" - release of extremely complex full feature magic system and wizard class characters, Wizard Order quest storyline

Stage 3 - March onward
-Work on expansion packs adding Dwarven races with quests and homelands,
-Work on expansion packs adding Dragon races with quests and homelands
-Various DLC packs
-On-going support and patching every 2 weeks or as needed.

Jams
09-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Great news, Konstantin!

AvengingEvil
09-24-2011, 11:57 AM
thank you for clearing this up and i look forward to the expansions and dlc xD