PDA

View Full Version : CD key not valid?

welshie
09-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Recently brought dawn of fantasy of game.com arrived today and apperently the CD key isnt valid? says it has run out of time to use the key. I did notice a weird thing with the CD key, i have 6 digits for the first part of the key where i can only enter 5 used the auto fill and it comes up with the error.

Welshie

Xanderxavier
09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Same issue dont seem to be allowed to post here can an admin please update my privileges so that I can but I can reply here's a copy of post I put in beta bug report's:

I've got my box from game UK, had pre-ordered, it arrived today, tried to enter key... the 1st sequence of numbers is larger then the box in the game, the release key has 6 numbers then 5 then 5 then 5 then 4

the box in game that requests key accepts 5 then 5 then 5 then 5 then 5.......

I installed from cd allows, theres one more in it, now by adding that one it jumbles the whole lot up but I did manage to enter it but it was annoying as each box thereafter obviously had one more however the last box allowed for one more key so it all did fit even if you either printed it wrong or made software wrong... then it said something about time key is invalid and doesnt accept it

Yes it says
The Time period for this CD key is over. in a msg box with one option OK then a 2nd one pops up which says

That Key is not valid for Dawn of Fantasy, Invalid Key. with OK/Cancel

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8IK_DOrlO1o/TntFM-qof8I/AAAAAAAARc8/8NPZPXRdFp0/s288/IMG_0379%25255B1%25255D.JPGhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Zh7--1JH8ww/TntGOhMHOZI/AAAAAAAARdI/vEpUpyZa_hg/s288/IMG_0384%25255B1%25255D.JPG

welshie
09-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Think i know what the issue is, on all the posts on here the offical launch of the game is the 30th of september. I think our retailers (game.co.uk) has pre-sent our disks without warning us that it will not be available till the 30th, but i am still curious as to why it says Time period over.

I could also be wrong but i have scoured my emails and none of them say (from game.co.uk) that its still to be realsed and as far as they and i was awear that it is launched.

Welshie

chaosrise
09-22-2011, 05:11 PM
i have the same problem but the release date on game is the 23 september so why this hasnt been changed is beyond me the game website seems to muck everything up lately giving out games when there not ment to be given out and if u try to contact them about it ur on the phone for 30 mins at a time before u can speak to someone

andreicde
09-22-2011, 06:50 PM
i have the same problem but the release date on game is the 23 september so why this hasnt been changed is beyond me the game website seems to muck everything up lately giving out games when there not ment to be given out and if u try to contact them about it ur on the phone for 30 mins at a time before u can speak to someone

nope,release for the game is 30 september. I know because i pre-ordered the downloading version and it shows me date and how my download link will be available on 30 only

chaosrise
09-22-2011, 07:35 PM
well thanks for lettin me know its so annoyin that game has all the dates wrong they did it with age of empires online as well and i got the game a week before i was ment to

andreicde
09-23-2011, 08:29 AM
well thanks for lettin me know its so annoyin that game has all the dates wrong they did it with age of empires online as well and i got the game a week before i was ment to

lol your complaining your store sent you the dvd before release?say thanks they didn't do it with a delay after the release. That would actually have been bad

chaosrise
09-23-2011, 07:32 PM
actually they screwed me over and made me pay 3 pounds over the actual price as well

andreicde
09-23-2011, 08:28 PM
actually they screwed me over and made me pay 3 pounds over the actual price as well

where did you bought it from?

Alex Walz
09-24-2011, 02:45 PM
We are looking into this, and will try to contact the retailer asking them to include the actual release date in the invoice. But yes - the game will not be available until September 30th.

Novakiller
09-29-2011, 06:09 PM
im having this issue at the moment, hopefully i dont have a bad key and that its just because the game isn't live yet

EDIT : nvm its working now i got past it

xeovy
09-29-2011, 06:53 PM
the letter O is indistinguishable from zero.
I put an O and not working

was a zero, not an O.
Maybe that's the problem with some key players.
after changing the O for zero.
The game accept the key.

xeovy
09-29-2011, 07:35 PM
this is a bug.
Already Been fixed.
It Happened to me the Same in beta, But since the patch fix.
and the game works
uninstall everything
maybe it works

zilong
09-29-2011, 08:06 PM
yep I had to delete everything even apps now it runs but cant log on with my user name and password

energiaa
09-29-2011, 08:13 PM
We are looking into this, and will try to contact the retailer asking them to include the actual release date in the invoice. But yes - the game will not be available until September 30th.

when will it be fix?

Mordokar
09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
so ??? when is this key problem gonna get fixed??? I bought this game and cant activate it...getting slowly but steady pretty mad. It says on main webside for game ..the game is now live. iam in the US and we are 7 hours behind.So i should be able to log in. but i get this stupid invalid key..and key expired message.You guys sure this game isnt a Scam.???
If i dont have and official answer soon, i will contact my credit card company and file a dispute.
Since i cant use what i paid for.

Darkmuramasa
09-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Trying to copy past the CD-Key doesn't seem to work but when I type it in manually it works fine. As someone said before the retailer gave us the key in a 6-5-5-5-4 format and when you copy it puts it in that format. Just type it in like it is supposed to be with the 5-5-5-5-5 format.

Alex Walz
09-30-2011, 01:03 AM
We apologize for any lingering problems, but I'd highly recommend heeding Darkmuramasa's advice as it is a likely fix. Today's been crazy with everything going on, but we will have a number of devs help with customer support on an individual level starting in the morning.

zilong
09-30-2011, 02:19 AM
I am haveing problems with Key also, I had to enter Client Key when downloading game now when I go to create a new account it says Client Key is already in use, then I try to use my beta user name and password thats invalid, I also tried to retreive info and getting nothing, I sent a msg to customer service and am getting no responce, all in all this is realy not going to well, I deleted everything including apps did a total reinstall of game and I still get the msg pop up saying Dofupdater not responding!!!

xeovy
09-30-2011, 02:42 AM
yep I had to delete everything even apps now it runs but cant log on with my user name and password

if you attempted to create a new account.
login with test data from that new account.
With the name and password you chose for that account.
Let's see if it works
luck.
no beta account

zilong
09-30-2011, 02:50 AM
I tried everything but it keeps telling me that Client Key is already in use, now im doing total reinstall again. but I know thats not the problem, I had to enter CK before dowloading game but when I go to use it to make account is where Im haveing problems.

login with test data from that new account.
With the name and password you chose for that account.

I tried that and it still dont work

xeovy
09-30-2011, 03:03 AM
If the game asks you to install intruducir key.
Is that you already created an account.
If logs on with that account name and password, but not create new account.
in the log to create the city.
To enter the online kingdom
The Same thing really said by putting the new key in the second Attempt to create a new account.
then restart the game.
I asked the key.
between the game and in the log, put my name
I use that I invented the key to enter.

And it worked

zilong
09-30-2011, 03:26 AM
If the game asks you to install intruducir key.
Is that you already created an account.
If logs on with that account name and password, but not create new account.
in the log to create the city.
To enter the online kingdom
The Same thing really said by putting the new key in the second Attempt to create a new account.
then restart the game.
I asked the key.
between the game and in the log, put my name
I use that I invented the key to enter.

so in other words instead of useing the Client Key I used to install the game I just make up another one to create a new account? and im still getting Dofupdater has stopped working pop up window when starting Dof:(

xeovy
09-30-2011, 03:37 AM
after installing the game, asking me key, which brings the book of instructions.
I put that key and give the dof.exe.
Enter in the game.
in the log window, I put my name and password.
the key that you invented to create a new account.
Not in the window to create new account.
when you think a new account, send him to choose a name and a password.
with that name and password, try the kingdom logear online.

If the game does not load, if you fail the dof.exe, is another problem.

zilong
09-30-2011, 04:33 AM
I tried everything and nothing is working no user name no password no client key nothing is working to log into the game everything is invalid and customer service is not available to help with the problem.

Jarno Montonen
09-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Hi,

If you participated in the beta make sure you follow these steps when converting to the retail: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4135

Sorry for not being able to help more than this at this point. It's middle of the night for people able to look at this atm., so I just have to ask for your patience a bit.

Thanks!

onemanstanding
09-30-2011, 05:02 AM
Will we have to wait till Monday for the customer services to be able to assist?

keep getting invalid user name and password trying to log into online kingdom mode

tried lost username/password feature, they sent me email confirming my user name and password

info i'm entering is correct

World of Warcraft wasn't even this dodgey on release

Jarno Montonen
09-30-2011, 05:12 AM
Staff will definately work through the weekend to assist in these critical issues.

zilong
09-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Jerno I followed all the steps on that 5x reinstalling and get the same stuff everytime dofupdater failed to run pop up, and trying to log in nothing is working I contacted Nexway where I downloaded game from and there telling me its not there problem! this is realy a big pain to have to go though so much. I give it 1 day if problem still there Ill just dispute charges for game with CC, theres no need for anyone to be going through this many hassles

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 06:14 AM
I hope that will fix soonest as possible , but, how u can solve the key code discrepance? i got as many of us 6-5-5-5-4 code in stand of 5-5-5-5-5 code so i can't complete the installation as well, no way to make the game accept this code in anyway.....:confused:

Sunleader
09-30-2011, 06:33 AM
Actually I had the Same Bug Today

I also had 6 Digits in the Key but when I looked it should only have 5

Reason was actually simple

Each time I pastet the Key into the Window he put the first Digit two

The Key worked after I simply deletet the first Digit

Try deleting the first Digit after pasting the key into the window
or just tyoe it by hand to avoid mistakes

maybe that works better

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Actually I had the Same Bug Today

I also had 6 Digits in the Key but when I looked it should only have 5

Reason was actually simple

Each time I pastet the Key into the Window he put the first Digit two

The Key worked after I simply deletet the first Digit

Try deleting the first Digit after pasting the key into the window
or just tyoe it by hand to avoid mistakes

maybe that works better

mmmmm
so i have to cancel the first digit so i solved as u said the problem for the first box so in stand of 6 digit i have 5, oh and the last i have 4 digit in stand of 5 how u solve it?

gabastrophe
09-30-2011, 07:05 AM
i have the same bug. i'm from switzerland. there exists a German forum?
i have a 6-5-5-5-4 cd-kay too on the backside of my manual. copy and pasty dont work. it is only fill the first grid with the first 5 letters and numbers. i tried to tip it manual and change some letters and its still dont working. after a time i become a raport that the time period for this cd-kay is over.

i hope you can read it. but English is not my language, and google translator is not the best.

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 07:14 AM
i have the same bug. i'm from switzerland. there exists a German forum?
i have a 6-5-5-5-4 cd-kay too on the backside of my manual. copy and pasty dont work. it is only fill the first grid with the first 5 letters and numbers. i tried to tip it manual and change some letters and its still dont working. after a time i become a raport that the time period for this cd-kay is over.

i hope you can read it. but English is not my language, and google translator is not the best.

Ur english is pretty good, i got a phone call with the vendor, so he ask me to make a picture of error and send to him, i done it , so he forward to Halifax ( responsable for the code and other issue) i have been registered on Halifax web site and tryed to open a ticket.... but so nice the have problem to get the ticket and off course the now about this problem, so in the end we got a game with:
no way to even enter and try to add the key code in game enviromental, and off course we have
6-5-5-5-4 digit code dosent fit in any way with 5-5-5-5-5 code game, so get in touch with the vendor again that tsent a e-mail with this forum as ... maybe solution of problem, i think i will not able to play till end of next week:mad:

Jarno Montonen
09-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Hey, have you tried typing the key in the xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx -format instead of the xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx? So if you got 123456-12345-12345-1234 try to input it as 12345-61234-51234-51234-51234.

I hope this helps!

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Hey, have you tried typing the key in the xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx -format instead of the xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx? So if you got 123456-12345-12345-1234 try to input it as 12345-61234-51234-51234-51234.

I hope this helps!

yes tryed dosent work

Djinnmaster
09-30-2011, 07:57 AM
I just purchaesd DOF today Friday 30th Sept, and I get the same problem as everyone else. I bought this game from game.

Sunleader
09-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Well sorry if it doesnt help #
guess you.ll have to wait for the Support in this Issue

I would most likely try different combinations

First guess was that it has become like this
512345-12345-12345-12345-1234

so fixing it would mean to put the first digit to the last place
12345-12345-12345-12345-12345

thats what worked for me at least
but maybe I just got lucky here

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Well sorry if it doesnt help #
guess you.ll have to wait for the Support in this Issue

I would most likely try different combinations

First guess was that it has become like this
512345-12345-12345-12345-1234

so fixing it would mean to put the first digit to the last place
12345-12345-12345-12345-12345

thats what worked for me at least
but maybe I just got lucky here

I did as u told but dosent work at all u lucky

gabastrophe
09-30-2011, 08:32 AM
is this message importand?: the time period for this cd-kay is over. i tried now all variable ways you write here in the forum, and get everytime this answer.

White935
09-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Got the same issue i got XXXXXX(6)-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX(4).

Tried every combination that comes to mind, also those suggested here. like moveing each last letter to the next first. to moveing the first letter to the back or front of the last row.

Nothing works bah. and considering the store i bought it from only had one copy am not to sure they'll invest time in fixing the trouble.

pS: when i mean "they" i mean the actual store spending time to contact to aquire a new cd key for me

DonHuser
09-30-2011, 10:05 AM
I have a problem with the cd - key. In the first box I need to enter six characters.
But I can only type in five.

White935
09-30-2011, 10:08 AM
you only got 4 digits for your last serial key too right so its 6-5-5-5-4 ? as thats the issue many of us have i believe.

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I cant bealive, this is the official forum of DoF, and no one DEV/ADMIN wrote anything about whats going on, if there is a soonest patch or what we have to do nothing at all, think that is very bad start anyway:mad:

White935
09-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Their probably very busy atm, trying to figure out what the hecks going on. and how the codes ended up wrong.

zilong
09-30-2011, 10:26 AM
this is not an issue with retailer I downloaded game from your site and am haveing all kinds of problems trying to log on I get from invalid ID when I use user name and password I request info and get nothing, I try to use Client Key to make new account and get msg Client key is already in use, I dont get it its not rocket science to install a game and log on never have run into issues like this before, or did someone els get the same Key as I did and is useing it? idk what the heck is going on!!

btw I did a request for user name and password when it was beta and got it right away I had no problems making account in beta but now I pay for game and get nothing:(

Zerwas
09-30-2011, 10:29 AM
As i did a fresh install afer deleting AppData\dof folders
and put in the key (NOT COPY AND PASTE) it did work

Sharkishi
09-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Their probably very busy atm, trying to figure out what the hecks going on. and how the codes ended up wrong.

Well as this fault has been known for over a week something should of been mentioned.

I've also tried every combination of the code.

Alot of the codes now don't have Zero's or O's and the letters are in lower case so theres no confusion over the digits.

But hey looks like the game could be an award winner. The game for the most returns.

White935
09-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Well Zilong. people have been randomly placeing letters in a desperate attempt to get their key working. who knows. perhaps they didnt "unlock" their own key but accidently took somone elses <.< i mean if you do the math, theres a low probability but it does exsist that you could guess a working cd key. <.<

edit: gee sharkishi dont be in such a hurry. i mean its not lik its a bad game even if its a chance you dont get to play it today.

zilong
09-30-2011, 10:38 AM
As i did a fresh install afer deleting AppData\dof folders
and put in the key (NOT COPY AND PASTE) it did work

never did copy paste always type them in key works before instalation its just that I cant log into the game and I did all of that 6x now (delete all files and reinstall )

gabastrophe
09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
i hope i get an answer soon. i found something on the web, but i not want to use it. i don't now how long i can resist

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
i hope i get an answer soon. i found something on the web, but i not want to use it. i don't now how long i can resist

what u have found???

White935
09-30-2011, 10:53 AM
got it to work. did a full reinstall. (deleting folder and such) then I just typed in 12345 -61234 -51234 -51234 aka i just placed it in as it went, shuffling the last letter into the next box.

gabastrophe
09-30-2011, 11:02 AM
@ white. i tried this long ago, and i didn't work. and i dont want to uninstall the game everytime i tried a new password.

Matt117
09-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Any officially news from 505Games :mad:

Konstantin Fomenko
09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
For these of you who got a game box with the key in the 6-5-5-5-4 format.

We sincerely apologize for the mix-up, but you can totally make it work.

Just enter the key as a 5-5-5-5-5 and it`ll work.

gabastrophe
09-30-2011, 12:09 PM
you mean

12345-61234-51234-51234-51234 ?

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 12:17 PM

I dont make a flame but all of us already tried to insert the 6-5-5-5-4 in the correct format and DOSENT WORK AT ALL

Sharkishi
09-30-2011, 12:21 PM

I have tried that going on 50 times now. Even uninstalled and and reinstalled 5 times. Tried zero's and o's. and still states it's invalid.

Well got it working eventually.

Well thats gota be the stupidest game code there is. trial and error with zero's and 0's. 4 zero's and 1 O.

Well I suppose it works as a security procedure. and they wonder why pirated copies that are hacked not to require codes are getting more popular.

gabastrophe
09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
deinstall the game, delete th dawn of fantasy order, reinstall and enter cd-kay. reinstall and delete is important. look on O or 0. there is no great different. now is working :)

gabastrophe
09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
:) :) Thx:) :)

Tenebre1971
09-30-2011, 12:47 PM
deinstall the game, delete th dawn of fantasy order, reinstall and enter cd-kay. reinstall and delete is important. look on O or 0. there is no great different. now is working :)

I reinstalled the game cancelled DoFupdater from appdata, installed as u told insert the code and.... the same error i getting sick and tired monday would like to ask for refound money for 2 game

ch7mah
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
FINALLY got it working - was down to 0 (zero) and O looking virtually identical. If you look very closely though you can see that the O are slightly flatter at the top and bottom (and by extention 0 (zero) is slightly more rounded).

Hope that helps!

PS
The 6-5-5-5-4 code does work as 5-5-5-5-5 - in the sequence the code is printed on the manual.

Jarno Montonen
09-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey, so we have confirmed that there is no technical issue in this. It's all about the format being incorrect in some copies and the font making it hard to tell 0 and o (possibly some other characters too?) from each other.

There's a post coming with more information on how to correctly input the client key and how to identify the characters.

Apologies for the hassle! :\

Machnix
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
My key also doesn't works.

I have buy my copy today in switzerland.

The first cd code part in the book have 6 signs and the last one just 4. But the text fields has 5 each ... only the message "The key time period for this CD key is over" occur. Whats wrong?

edit:
- I doesn't have a beta account
- replaced also all 0 and o

Konstantin Fomenko
09-30-2011, 01:53 PM
For all future problems with CD Keys please check this post: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157

Applewood
09-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Just paid for this game, Installed, Entered the product key, updated, and then it wont let me log in. Tried to re-register but apparently my product key is wrong?? What??? :(

D0uble0
10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Bought the retail version today, after much thought. Had the EXACT same problem as everyone on here. I had the typo with the CD Key and after trying every way possible I found this worked. By the way, I only installed this once, I did not delete it and re install:

CD KEY was 6-5-5-5-4

I shifted all the characters along as described by previous posters

Example: CD KEY on back of book : AAAAAB - BBBBC - CCCCD - DDDDE - EEEE
I Changed it to : AAAAA - BBBBB - CCCCC - DDDDD - EEEEE

BUT, The most important part of this, and the main reason it was not accepting the code is because you cannot distinguish between the LETTER O and the NUMBER 0

I found after trying every combination of O and 0 that eventually it worked.

After looking a lot closer at this, the LETTER O is "thinner" than the NUMBER 0, and as mentioned before, the letter O has straighter sides.

This is only a very slight difference and you do need to look closely. Failing that, just keep trying the password with every combination of 0 and O possible.

Hope this helps someone

pedroduarte
02-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I can not install the game always tells me that this key does not fit the dawn of fantasy can help me please because I'm very anxious to play I just can not :(
I need to have an account to install the game ?

Joseph Visscher
02-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I can not install the game always tells me that this key does not fit the dawn of fantasy can help me please because I'm very anxious to play I just can not :(
I need to have an account to install the game ?

if all else fails with http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157 thread then give me or Konstantin Fomenko a pm with your cd key and we will figure out what it is or issue you a new cd key.

skynet22
04-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Help just brought the game today and have fixed teh cd key erro however know it comes up with "time period of cd key expired"

zavok49
04-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Recently brought dawn of fantasy of game.com arrived today and apperently the CD key isnt valid? says it has run out of time to use the key. I did notice a weird thing with the CD key, i have 6 digits for the first part of the key where i can only enter 5 used the auto fill and it comes up with the error.

Welshie iv got the exact same problem but my says enter
product key when i already have

Major Pain 9945
04-11-2012, 09:11 AM
I have the same damn problem! Every time I try to put in the cd key it keep's saying that is invaild. Plus I only got it a week or two ago! So I don't know what's going on!

maximum12302
04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
i keep getting the same problem :S and its annoying me iv tryed everything :(

Major Pain 9945
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I know! Me and my dad tried EVERYTHING as well and the cd key STILL comes up "invalid". Any ideas how to fix it? 'Cusae I no ideal.

Brian Shingles
04-14-2012, 06:22 AM
For help with the CD key, please look at this thread -> http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157

scarren
05-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Recently brought dawn of fantasy from uk game and its not working

travel
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
DYING to play the game which is not installing after purchasing a legit copy, please can u provide one???

travel
01-28-2013, 08:13 PM
I tried to do the suggested but still no go, can someone please pm me so we can resolve this, ill provide you the key that came in box.
regards,:(

Major Pain 9945
02-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok I installed the game, some time ago, and I can get into it and stuff. The only thing I can't seem to use is the online kingdoms part. I'm having the same damn problem as when I was trying to install the game. Every time I go to put the CD key in, it keeps coming up saying that it's "invalided". And I tried almost everything! Caps, no caps, the 5-5-5-5-5 combo, etc, etc! But no matter what I do it keeps coming up saying its "invalided". I'm at my wits end about now!

Brian Shingles
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Hi Major Pain,

If you email support@reverieworld.com either with your key or from the address you registered with then we can look up the correct version of you key and make sure their is no problem with it.

Evaru
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
I am trying to create my account and I am always stopped by the warning "Invalid Email Format". What should I do? jmgmeira.games@live.com.pt - my email, anything wrong with it? Is the Xbox live platform not compatible with the game?

ZvonimirG
04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Hmmm, try to contact Support via email (you have Support email in post above yours). But first, be sure you are entering valid email address. Also, did you think about creating new email for DoF? It's really easy with so many free email services. :)