PDA

View Full Version : your ideal rts.mmorts,mmortscitybuilder xD!

Esculas the Mighty
09-16-2008, 06:42 PM
just throw down all your hopes and wishes down about an rts of course

i will not go into a lot of detail for i could fill a gb

my ideal strategy game would be a mix of total war , 1701 A.D or anno 1701 ( which you prefer ) age of empires 3 and glory of the roman empire ( or any other city-builder game where the citizens actually work )

1701 A.D economic trade it would work perfectly on a mmorts trade would bring enormous prosperity to a kingdom or city-state someone could even mimic china and export like they are mad and quickly become a power to be reckoned with in the mmo world

age of empires 3 i love how every little decision you make in battle can affect the total outcome

total war if you've played it you know I've only played demos but i love it could use battle controls tho i like how the units are used like they would be historically

feel free to perfect my rushed post or tell me about your own ideal rts or strategy game

Esculas the Mighty
09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
yes... i bump flame me >>

Puppeteer
09-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Fantasy/Medieval Setting mixed with Company of Heroes type-gameplay and micromanagement... that would be sweet

Jean=A=Luc
09-17-2008, 03:22 AM
Fantasy/Medieval Setting mixed with Company of Heroes type-gameplay and micromanagement... that would be sweet

What, swordsmen running from crater to crater for cover trying to reach an entrenched 88mm ballista but then getting pinned down by rapid archer fire?

raving
09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
What, swordsmen running from crater to crater for cover trying to reach an entrenched 88mm ballista but then getting pinned down by rapid archer fire?
hahahaha, i can imagne it :D its just LOL

aVeron
09-17-2008, 10:34 AM
My ideal would be a detailed rts/MMORTS game.. which is similar to the total war series.. but not nessesarly turnbased. Based on a rich and detailed Fantasy world with tons of different races. Where you get to make your own equipped Faction, with own banners,own armies and own cities.

nickson104
09-17-2008, 10:41 AM
lol duck and cover hehe :)

my ideal style, citizens actually do work rather than stand around and buildings dont literally pop out of the ground but are worked on by labourers... it must be medieval nothing with gunpowder (except maybe chinese because they have had it for many hundreds of years) also the market must be able to fluctuate and such and civilisations can supply each other discretely or buy and sell from each other easily with everchanging prices and also ability to loan money or mercs. also the Customised faction idea i am fully for, i mean design your own flags and banners, coat of arms even perhaps a lord or hero, also the soldiers armour, they should be fully upgradable and such and be able to loot and such :) it may get a mismatched force but it could work i guess. also it must have a high level base builder, i mean yeah long build times and the animation to the building, but make the possibilities free (i would love to see several men placing stones together to make a wall)

Puppeteer
09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Fantasy/Medieval Setting mixed with Company of Heroes type-gameplay and micromanagement... that would be sweetWhat, swordsmen running from crater to crater for cover trying to reach an entrenched 88mm ballista but then getting pinned down by rapid archer fire?

Jeez...
... though that might be fun

fyro11
09-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Lol. Haha.

nickson104
09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Jeez...
... though that might be fun

definitely! how about tower guards who BASEjump from the towers onto their enemies?
forget the boiling pitch, send in the kamikazes. pitch costs money they dont :)

Esculas the Mighty
09-17-2008, 05:40 PM
lol duck and cover hehe :)

my ideal style, citizens actually do work rather than stand around and buildings dont literally pop out of the ground but are worked on by labourers... it must be medieval nothing with gunpowder (except maybe chinese because they have had it for many hundreds of years) also the market must be able to fluctuate and such and civilisations can supply each other discretely or buy and sell from each other easily with everchanging prices and also ability to loan money or mercs. also the Customised faction idea i am fully for, i mean design your own flags and banners, coat of arms even perhaps a lord or hero, also the soldiers armour, they should be fully upgradable and such and be able to loot and such :) it may get a mismatched force but it could work i guess. also it must have a high level base builder, i mean yeah long build times and the animation to the building, but make the possibilities free (i would love to see several men placing stones together to make a wall)

YES! fluctuate, a market should fluctuate
that way a country can fall and not just collect a bunch of resources with a economy that runs basically on tireless ''villagers''
I don't want dumb rioters that burn down they're needs to survive

but i would'nt mind gunpowder actually, i love that age almost as much as i love the ancients but it would get boring with people just pouring all the riches into musket and cannon

they should cost a fortune to train while swordsmens and knights and all those other middle age to renaissance units are much more affordable

Puppeteer
09-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Slow down dude, ever heard of punctuation?

Esculas the Mighty
09-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Slow down dude, ever heard of punctuation?

i only turn it on at 9am and switch it off at 4pm

Puppeteer
09-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Be nice if you could carry it on before/after school...

Esculas the Mighty
09-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Be nice if you could carry it on before/after school...

fine if its easier for people to read ill try to remember to add punctuation when i post in forums

Mrdash
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Meh it didn't bother me at all. Just do whats comfortable Esculas.

Only time its hard with me is really bad grammar...and mispellings...Otherwise im good.=-D

Esculas the Mighty
09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
yea thats how i felt cause i never had trouble with it so i thought others didn't as well

but i was wrong :eek:

Mrdash
09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Some people are just too "educated" and therefore can't understand what other people say if they don't talk "educated" enough.

No offense Puppet.

=-D

Hoorah! for us ignorant lazy typers!!!!!!!!!!

Puppeteer
09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
It's just easier to read for me, otherwise it sounds like a long ramble...

cherbui
09-19-2008, 02:42 PM
final fantasy, american conquest , battle for middle earth 2,

i like final fantasy for its chochobo airships and char. jobs

american conquest for their large scale battle up to thousands of troops on screen

and battle for middle earth for heros creation, though i hate too too powerful heros it takes the fun out of the game later on

:eek:

frankein_fish
09-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I hate ignorant lazy typers -.-
luckily im not a ignorant typer....Cuz i dont wanna hate myself :D

Esculas the Mighty
09-19-2008, 04:47 PM
final fantasy, american conquest , battle for middle earth 2,

i like final fantasy for its chochobo airships and char. jobs

american conquest for their large scale battle up to thousands of troops on screen

and battle for middle earth for heros creation, though i hate too too powerful heros it takes the fun out of the game later on

:eek:

hmm i think you combined rpg and rts interesting..
, also will it be like unlimited resource or just 1 resource like c&c

Esculas the Mighty
09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
i thought of something today while i wasn't paying attention in Japanese class and that thought was about how a computer will be made in our lifetime equal to human intelligence

which led me to think of every person in your city having there own little human brain( of course edited for good gameplay who wants lazy real life humans )

yes i know how big the file might be and all the impossibilities ,but just put that aside for now

now imagine telling your archers to run back inside your cities gate as soon as cavalry are within sight and get on the walls ( all before the enemy even come within range )

or hiring a spy and tell he/she to go within the enemies capital and assassinate the king/queen and set fire to there crops starving the population or for the enemy king to hire counter-spies to search just for my spies

the possibilities are endless

Mrdash
09-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Real AI Units FTW! Although it would also raise its dificulty alot. Only harcore gamers would play it. Although although that doesnt bug me cause im sorta semi hardcore. If I could go hardcore I would though.

Mrdash
09-20-2008, 12:05 AM
I hate ignorant lazy typers -.-
luckily im not a ignorant typer....Cuz i dont wanna hate myself :D

(double post sry) Well from my point of view you spelled because wrong and you didnt end with a period. So go ahaid and start hating yourself. Although you shouldnt cuz that would be stupid. =-D

Esculas the Mighty
09-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Real AI Units FTW! Although it would also raise its dificulty alot. Only harcore gamers would play it. Although although that doesnt bug me cause im sorta semi hardcore. If I could go hardcore I would though.

not many hardcore gamers are good with economics lol just war the game i been thinking up will attract city-builder types and total war and age of empire fans u would have to master all 3 to be successful in war and economics o;

lol the real ai would be funny too

everyone!! swarm our allies city yelling its festivaaaal and do the cabbage patch

to show our appreciation of the navies they have deployed to stop the united isles from destroying our ports

Onebadterran
09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Throw in the gameplay of Knights of Honor ("officials" and combat) and it could become interesting.

nickson104
09-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Throw in the gameplay of Knights of Honor ("officials" and combat) and it could become interesting.

That was hell of a game in many aspects :) diplomacy and economy was brilliant in there :) I agree those aspects would be VERY interesting

kronlc
10-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I would have to say a really upgraded version of stronghold2 made for mmo.
and heres why nub\s.

for the Realism. ( no magical creatures wizards mages ect)

The age its set in.

The castle + town building is hell fun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firefly studios are noobs tho, for releasing'
stronghold legends....I mean please' luckily
I had a 7 days return deal or else it would have
become air gun practice.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I suggest you stop insulting people and calling them "nubs" NOW.

Esculas the Mighty
10-19-2008, 08:32 PM
I would have to say a really upgraded version of stronghold2 made for mmo.
and heres why nub\s.

for the Realism. ( no magical creatures wizards mages ect)

The age its set in.

The castle + town building is hell fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firefly studios are noobs tho, for releasing'
stronghold legends....I mean please' luckily
I had a 7 days return deal or else it would have
become air gun practice. i agree but i rather the time being set in the age of exploration its my favorite time period ;)

kronlc
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
i agree but i rather the time being set in the age of exploration its my favorite time period ;)

I also am a fan of that age to' thats why I will be playing empire total war soon.

Esculas the Mighty
10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I also am a fan of that age to' thats why I will be playing empire total war soon.

my cpu wont be able to handle it but i love total war makes me feel smart when i win

Mrdash
10-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I suggest you stop insulting people and calling them "nubs" NOW.

Lol you tell him.....now uh what was the reason for my post..darn I forgot.....

Puppeteer
10-20-2008, 11:29 AM
kronlc they're not "nubs" at all, I suspect that... no, forget that... know that they're far more experienced and knowledgeable than you. So stop repeating pointless, irrelevant and wrongly unjust insults. I'm getting sick of you.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-20-2008, 11:37 AM
kronlc they're not "nubs" at all, I suspect that... no, forget that... know that they're far more experienced and knowledgeable than you. So stop repeating pointless, irrelevant and wrongly unjust insults. I'm getting sick of you.

I agree completely. Back on topic please you guys.

kronlc
10-20-2008, 06:10 PM
my cpu wont be able to handle it but i love total war makes me feel smart when i win

Well you ought 2 do something about that' what do you plan
on playing dawnoffantasy on if your comp couldnt handle
empire total war .... xbox?

Esculas the Mighty
10-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Well you ought 2 do something about that' what do you plan
on playing dawnoffantasy on if your comp couldnt handle
empire total war .... xbox?

empire total war is a much more demanding game im sure

nickson104
10-21-2008, 11:27 AM
The upgraded stronghold 2 sounded great :) but with better units, i mean that was terrible having about 6 standard units and the rest mercs and even then they werent really tactical just by value and numbers...

I love the medieval periods of time, but as soon as gunpowder is introduced i begin to dislike it :p i dont like guns that much, i can play games with them in but the medieval ones are my favourite :)

And i totally agree with you guys, he has really got to stop that :/

And yeah i know, my pc probably wont be able to take this game :eek: i dont think i would be able to resort to the xbox version, RTS and the xbox just dont mix well... :(

Esculas the Mighty
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
The upgraded stronghold 2 sounded great :) but with better units, i mean that was terrible having about 6 standard units and the rest mercs and even then they werent really tactical just by value and numbers...

I love the medieval periods of time, but as soon as gunpowder is introduced i begin to dislike it :p i dont like guns that much, i can play games with them in but the medieval ones are my favourite :)

And i totally agree with you guys, he has really got to stop that :/

And yeah i know, my pc probably wont be able to take this game :eek: i dont think i would be able to resort to the xbox version, RTS and the xbox just dont mix well... :(

i use to love games in the medieval times but i left that to the ancients ;)

The Witch King of Angmar
10-21-2008, 07:22 PM
I may just buy like $500 in parts for my computer just to run it. :p

Mrdash
10-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I might just buy a $700 computer to run it. (I would probably screw my computer if I tried to upgrade it.