PDA

View Full Version : differences

SPARROW94
07-06-2007, 11:25 PM
i would like to know about the differences of each of the four factions...

please not more stupid dumb post i would like to get alot of infermation out of reveire:)

(please excuse the spelling)

The Witch King of Angmar
07-07-2007, 12:20 PM
i would like to know about the differences of each of the four factions...

please not more stupid dumb post i would like to get alot of infermation out of reveire:)

(please excuse the spelling)

Ok this is what I get out of it:
Men-A basic faction, not particually strong in much but decent units that are not slow or fast.

Elves-Weak units that are powerful and very fast as well as somewhat expensive.

Orcs-Cheap units that are weak but have monsters that are powerful. Orcs in my opinion should mostly be used for spamming.

Dragons-Extremely expensive units that are pretty slow but nearly impossible to beat.

Irish_PXzyan
07-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Men - Have a good all round selection of infantry/cavalry units that are not to expensive to buy. There strength is in there numbers.

Elves - Have a great selection archer type units and can move quickly around the battlefield and can deliver a deadly attack against most infantry units.

Orcs - have a good selection of infantry units along with beastly monsters to the human eye that can deliver a frightening blow if in the way!

Dragons - A grand selection of dragons on foot and air that are pretty expensive and slow but in single hand combat they are unmatched! dragons that fly can fire flames from there nostrols that can be deadly if unleashed at a group of infantry!

Thats the way to be ;)

SPARROW94
07-07-2007, 12:48 PM
also i noticed that men have the biggest wall defence then the other factions will probaly wich probaly mean there units are not as strong as dragons, orcs

Irish_PXzyan
07-07-2007, 12:57 PM
bigger walls = harder to destroy. Since MAN will more than likely be the weakest side they will also have some advantages and having bigger walls would be one of them id imagine!

But every faction will have a weakness just like they have there advantages! its just a matter of knowing there weakness and if you can actualy do something about it.

SPARROW94
07-07-2007, 12:58 PM
this is how i see it:

men-weak infantry low cost , best defence but can be powerful in numbers, great calvary and naval force.

elfs-Best archers in game, makes great use of stealth and magic, weak defence.

orcs-great infantry and siege but low magic capabilities, great scavengers.

dragons-slow and strong can realy take out alot of infantry but it has a price , rules the air, and good magic capabilities but not the best.

Ryan Zelazny
07-09-2007, 05:13 PM
The game design department are playing around with the figures at the moment for the races, attempting to balance and make each race play differently. I'll leave it at this for now and I will ask Konstantin to post some information once he returns from E3.

SPARROW94
07-11-2007, 04:29 PM
woohoo i thought the only 2 RTS games at E3 were halowars and universe at war wickid asweome...

will there be more screen shots

Ryan Zelazny
07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Yes we will be releasing new screenshots shortly.

SPARROW94
07-13-2007, 12:27 PM
thanks ryan ur da bomb

Sharku
07-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I think Orcs or Elves should be able to see better at Night, give em a little advantage an take your enemy by suprise.

jap88
07-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Providing, of course, that night and darkness would actually affect a unit's line of sight as it seems in most games those circumstances do not.

Sharku
07-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Providing, of course, that night and darkness would actually affect a unit's line of sight as it seems in most games those circumstances do not.It does in DoF. Things like torches and lamp posts will help unit see farther but i think they should give a faction units that do not require those things to see perfectly fine in the dark.

jap88
07-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Alright, i had not heard of that although i did know that torches and such were in the game. Yes, i could see the orcs having an LoS bonus in the dark.