PDA

View Full Version : Release Delayed! Late September release.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Dear Fans, Future Customers:) and Beta Testers,

Massive news story today - the Dawn of Fantasy release date has been pushed back to the end of September. We`ll announce the exact release date in the near future - right now we are looking at the last week of September.

We would like to thank our beta testers and true fans for generating enough feedback along the lines of "love the game, but it needs more development time for bug fixing". We listened, as did our publisher! Our goal is to release a stable game players will enjoy and not a pay-to-beta-test mess.

We believe that towards end of September, with beta testing extended until the very end - we`ll be able to deliver a significantly better game. Meanwhile - everyone in the beta (it`s still open) can continue to play for free.

For these who have placed a pre-order - please continue playing the beta version of the game for now, and keep in mind that you will receive additional bonus (be it a Dragon, Dwarven Army, or extra influence) once you do get your copy of the game later in September.

Once again - we are really grateful to our fans for the realistic feedback that persuaded our publisher to extend the release date. We really do have the best publisher - most other companies I know would have pushed the buggy game to the market!:)

If you have any questions please follow up and we`ll try to answer.

P.S. I know everyone is waiting for Online Kingdom to return to beta - which it will at some point this week - we do have great patch in-store, so please forgive us for delay - and we thank you for your patience.

Pream
09-05-2011, 05:54 PM
i'd really like to pre-order...is there a link you could give me to follow at all?:)

crazyb0b
09-05-2011, 08:24 PM
i'd really like to pre-order...is there a link you could give me to follow at all?:)

Same. Linkage please.

axal011
09-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I know what you mean by other companies forcing deadlines... I used to love playing a game callled "The guild 2" but i stopped buying their games because the multiplayer had game breakers in it, but it wasnt there fault, was the publisher and even after the expansions, still same bug that broke the game.. i think Jowood is it? or something idk

But TY for the good news! :)

Vasito
09-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Ok guys thats not cool.
Please release it in early 2012.

I mean.... BF3; Skyrim; WH40K space marine; Red Orchestra 2; Batman AC; RAGE etc etc...

I dont think Ill have teh money. I dont think you will be able to sell at all. Nobody will notice you im afraid.

Gongora
09-06-2011, 06:20 AM
whoa what we can pre-order this now, I DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE! lol

xeovy
09-06-2011, 06:32 AM
my A little bird told me that the game will come out the day September 22 in Europe, maybe it's true.;)

Shocker
09-07-2011, 02:05 AM
my A little bird told me that the game will come out the day September 22 in Europe, maybe it's true.;)

well we will see then. maybe your bird is well informed:D

crazyb0b
09-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Lol I find it amusing that we are asking where we can pre-order to show support and no one will tell us :-)

Henry Martin
09-07-2011, 12:35 PM
This was posted in another thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58855#post58855).

To answer the questions.

We felt that there will be a delay with release and 6th won`t work out - thus we didn`t start mass pre-order program nor marketing campaign.

As of now - per-orders should come live later this week or early next week. And there will be a link on our website to pre-order from various retailers.

Everyone who pre-orders, as well as early-bird release week customers will get good deal of bonuses that include - free Dragon, and Dwarven units, and free influence.

Marketing campaign will kick off around 3rd week of September to build up hype right before the release.

Sebsar
09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
When i heard about that dawn of fantasy had been delayed it broke my heart :(. Ive been waiting and waiting for the ninth of september and it has gone really slow and when it was so close it were pushed back further away from my grasp but still im glad that it were delayed to fix all the bugs. It will spare me the pain to see another game get a crap start. Now i will wait for the release here in europe the 22 september if i have heard right :)

Ghost
09-08-2011, 12:23 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

This is fantastic news. The game was absolutely not ready for release. I was resigned to save my money, not purchase and watch another rushed release fail. But now there is hope!

Vendayn
09-08-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm glad you guys were able to delay the game. I was one of the ones who suggested to delay it, despite loving the game. Like I mentioned in another thread, not many publishers would allow that...most would force an early release on a game, bugs or not.

Can't wait to see what is in store for online kingdoms. :) I hope alliances will be implemented, and I can join an alliance with my friend.

Sebsar
09-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey guys :) i wonder if u will be able to play DoF on Mac because you can't play beta on mac, so i wonder if it will change on release? :)

Bamboocha
09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
This was posted in another thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58855#post58855).

but.. i've allready pre-ordered from a store...

Alex Walz
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Sorry to say, but DOF is PC-only.

@ Bamboocha - Where did you pre-order from? As far as I know, DOF is not available for pre-order.

xeovy
09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Sorry to say, but DOF is PC-only.

@ Bamboocha - Where did you pre-order from? As far as I know, DOF is not available for pre-order.
various days ago that it reserves
I reserve.
http://www.xtralife.es/pc-cd-rom/dawn-of-fantasy/8691 this page
in my country, Spain

axal011
09-10-2011, 02:05 AM
various days ago that it reserves
I reserve.
http://www.xtralife.es/pc-cd-rom/dawn-of-fantasy/8691 this page
in my country, Spain

Don't preorder unless Reverie announces that there is a pre-order..otherwise its a scam "that is if they charged you for the pre order" Ive looked at the most common companies and DoF isn't even in their database.. Gamestop,EBgames,D2D,Steam,amazon and several others...Don't trust any other site :/

pareod
09-10-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't mind the delay, but since no one can solve my beta issue with he lack of replies and suppor I'm dissapointed that I can't try what looks like a good ****ing game. This kind of unresolved problem might just persuade me not to buy it if the support continues this way, I lso still have no idea if it's good or not, and the released version still might not work on my cpu...

Matt023ify
09-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi guys i kinnda have a problem :D
I downloaded DoF beta version installer and it wont install.
It says that i dont have enough space but i do and on both C and D and more than enough.
Pls help i really wanna play this game

Thanks in advance :D

Lashley
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll definitely be pre-ordering

Allwynd
09-13-2011, 01:49 AM
now, i dont know if the game is f2p or p2p but i will stick around and see
and definitely b2p or f2p are the only options that make sense, p2p is ******ed and it must disappear

if this game is originally p2p, i think the playerbase will be so small, that it will turn f2p with restrictions or fully f2p with cash shop

crazyb0b
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
now, i dont know if the game is f2p or p2p but i will stick around and see
and definitely b2p or f2p are the only options that make sense, p2p is ******ed and it must disappear

if this game is originally p2p, i think the playerbase will be so small, that it will turn f2p with restrictions or fully f2p with cash shop

It is buy to play with a cash shop. Nice thing about the cash shop is that you can earn cash shop currency in game as well.
Also, if you pre-order (whenever they announce it officially) you get a free dragon or dwarf unit and I think 120 influence points (cash shop currency).

andreicde
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
It is buy to play with a cash shop. Nice thing about the cash shop is that you can earn cash shop currency in game as well.
Also, if you pre-order (whenever they announce it officially) you get a free dragon or dwarf unit and I think 120 influence points (cash shop currency).

also the other nice thing is that it's not a P2win. Those are the worst ones. Get a dragon,cool but he takes 20 units spaces and he isn't imba.So you must think before buying linfluence ike a crazy and thinking you can just buy yourself 20-30 dragons and own.

Dancingphilos
09-22-2011, 07:57 AM
my pre-ordered copy came through this morning. kinda premature but least i have it and can read the manual while i wait for release. :)