PDA

View Full Version : World Map size & somehwat compliment to Dev Team

Fratyr
09-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Hello guys,

Just found a review to this game yesterday, I don't know much about It, just saw some trailers and screenshots and read few topics here.

Got my open beta key and waiting for download to finish.

I must admit, you guys from Reverie - made my dream come true. I personally would call it "Mediaval Total War" Online, and It's fantastic. Exactly what I always wanted to play!

I have a question to people/devs -
1) I couldn't find any information about how big is the world map? Is it generated automatically when new players and their villages arrive or you have some kind of "realms" with a limited amount of players on the world map?

2) Do you plan to give players a possibility to Rule the world? Say, making someone a King and all this stuff around. King's Lords, battles for crown etc? :)

Anyway, thanks for the great opportunity, can't wait to finish my workday and give It a try.

Wish you the best luck, hope you get the benefits from making the game and keep bringing more interesting features!

P.S Don't forget about players who can't buy the game from store, but only CD-KEY online vya Credit Cards, otherwise we'd not be able to play upon release. ;-)

Pream
09-01-2011, 03:52 AM
i agree, it is a great game :)
the world map has boundaries, but is very large as it has to contain the three race realms plus added scenery...don't forget oceans/seas as well for naval battles
last thing: the server is down for now as, luckily, you started to download DoF just at the point when they're updating the patch from 1.8 to 1.9...so basically retail features :) should be back on Friday is the admin's rough guestimate
hope that helped..i'm no admin, i'm just summarising what i know from reading the forums :)

xeovy
09-01-2011, 06:12 AM
the game is very well, has good ideas, the only problem is the bugs,
I trust it will go gradually correcting and in the end everything works well.
It takes patience because it is a great game.
the developers work hard and deserve our trust.

Henry Martin
09-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Hello guys,

Just found a review to this game yesterday, I don't know much about It, just saw some trailers and screenshots and read few topics here.

Got my open beta key and waiting for download to finish.

I must admit, you guys from Reverie - made my dream come true. I personally would call it "Mediaval Total War" Online, and It's fantastic. Exactly what I always wanted to play!

I have a question to people/devs -
1) I couldn't find any information about how big is the world map? Is it generated automatically when new players and their villages arrive or you have some kind of "realms" with a limited amount of players on the world map?

2) Do you plan to give players a possibility to Rule the world? Say, making someone a King and all this stuff around. King's Lords, battles for crown etc? :)

Anyway, thanks for the great opportunity, can't wait to finish my workday and give It a try.

Wish you the best luck, hope you get the benefits from making the game and keep bringing more interesting features!

P.S Don't forget about players who can't buy the game from store, but only CD-KEY online vya Credit Cards, otherwise we'd not be able to play upon release. ;-)

1) The world map is fixed and a decent size. All players towns are instanced so you wont be able to see them on the world map (so its not like browser games where the world is infinity big and makes new parts for new players). Dont worry you will be able to interact with them just as much. You cant even visit there towns and walk around (that's if you aren't attacking them :p).

2) Yes, there is a "Conquer" style gameplay that will be added to the game at some point. As of now I don't know what it is about or how it works. You'll just have to be patience and wait for more info.

P.P.S We didn't, the game will be made available for those that prefer getting games online.