PDA

View Full Version : Cost ?

Shadanwolf
08-29-2011, 10:58 PM
What will the full retail price be here in the US ? Would there be a monthly fee to play online ?
Will the be a digital download where you can acquire the game ?

IF SO
How important would it be to have the contents of a retail box to better understand how to play ?

crazyb0b
08-30-2011, 06:58 AM
What will the full retail price be here in the US ? Would there be a monthly fee to play online ?
Will the be a digital download where you can acquire the game ?

IF SO
How important would it be to have the contents of a retail box to better understand how to play ?

-I am unsure of what the initial cost of the game will be. They said it will "be in line with the current cost of an RTS game" so I would assume anywhere from 20-50$.

-There is no monthy fee. The game is buy to play (you purchase the initial game) and then you can get more content/units through downloadable content/expansions/etc. You will need to pay for those things but you can do so with in game influence points that you gain through general online play/questing.

-From what I remember them posting, there will be box copies at your local game stores and also a digital download purchase through the website.

-I assume a retail box is useless as usual and just for the shinnies. This game has a semi-tutorial when you start your online kingdom which guides you through certain aspects via quests. You gain resources/IP/and new units as well as knowledge on how to play the game. But as they say "practice makes perfect".

Shadanwolf
08-30-2011, 08:50 AM
As a former marketing person I'm a bit surprised at how quiet the news about this game is. Thanks for the info.

andreicde
08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
As a former marketing person I'm a bit surprised at how quiet the news about this game is. Thanks for the info.

that's because it's a new company so they can't spend tons to advertise their game.