PDA

View Full Version : First impressions

Apocalypto
08-25-2011, 09:09 PM
hi,

So i will just give my few first impression, about my experience on this game.And it will be not so good...

At first, the game launcher has crash so many time that i cant count it.But i finnally success to install it.

Then i put graphic setting in very high, and i found the game particulary ugly.My computer is new, but the game were very slow,even with so poor graphics.

Then i cant connect on multiplayer game, and must play in offline mode.

And finally, when i play it, i dont find any tutorial, then i search myself how to play.I found the interface not really clear, like a garbage, where everything is sad, and not really well explain, i cant really know what to do, and how to it.

Even if i found the concept a little original, a mix between shogun2 and age of empire in medieval time, the realisation ,bugs, and strangely sad UI,made me leave it very fast.

Finally, the game crash too much to finish any battle begin...

So made a better work on graphic quality,bugs, and interface clearance, a tutorial on how to play (and why), and maybe i will buy it later...

Sorry for my bad english.

xeovy
08-26-2011, 03:24 AM
I've been playing all the open beta, we must recognize that the game has a lot of the bugs, but have been corrected many other bugs.
I trust the programmers, the game is a good game and the graphics are good.I buy it for release, I think the programmers will do a good job.
be patient. the style of play I like and future content, the better, so I'll buy it, because they will solve all the bugs over time.

Spanish player

crazyb0b
08-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Well I finally got the game updater to run and install on the last attempt I was going to make at it. The game actually runs pretty well for me. It is a little clunky at times, but all in all runs fairly smooth.
The tutorial seems to happen when you start your online kingdom. You get various "beginner quests" that show you the ropes and give you resources/new troops.
Aside from the initial ridiculousness of trying to get the updater to not crash (uninstalled/reinstalled/downloaded/redownloaded about 30 times) the game works well.

For me, I just can't wait to see where the game ends up going. With the ambition that the devs have for the game it seems we are in store for a very very entertaining game when all is said and done. Also have to love the fact that they actually respond to us in the forums and take the ideas we have and mull them over. Hopefully they keep this up and don't go the way of CCP.... Start out with unheard of amounts of communication between the company and its community to pretty much telling them to screw off.

imnotbncre8ive
09-06-2011, 08:08 PM
hi,

So i will just give my few first impression, about my experience on this game.And it will be not so good...

At first, the game launcher has crash so many time that i cant count it.But i finnally success to install it.

Then i put graphic setting in very high, and i found the game particulary ugly.My computer is new, but the game were very slow,even with so poor graphics.

Then i cant connect on multiplayer game, and must play in offline mode.

And finally, when i play it, i dont find any tutorial, then i search myself how to play.I found the interface not really clear, like a garbage, where everything is sad, and not really well explain, i cant really know what to do, and how to it.

Even if i found the concept a little original, a mix between shogun2 and age of empire in medieval time, the realisation ,bugs, and strangely sad UI,made me leave it very fast.

Finally, the game crash too much to finish any battle begin...

So made a better work on graphic quality,bugs, and interface clearance, a tutorial on how to play (and why), and maybe i will buy it later...

Sorry for my bad english.

Haha, my experiences have been pretty much the same. I run win7 x64 with a triple-core athlon and GeForce 450. My CPU is average, my GPU is decent.

1) Incessant crashing for the updater - I have never encountered a game updater that crashes until now.
2) Set my gfx to high, but the in-game visuals and performance were terrible.
3) The font used in-game is extremely difficult to read.
4) After playing a little bit, I still have no idea what the game is about or what to do. I suppose the finished product will have a tutorial. The mechanics aren't clear, the unit commands are very unresponsive, I have no idea who the enemies are or whether I should be capturing the small villages I see on the overworld map.
5) The game once froze inexplicably - I didn't play long enough to encounter this problem again. Everytime I quit the game, I need to terminate the process manually with Task Manager.

Is this "game" really going to be released in the near future? I understand it's a beta, but this feels more like a pre-alpha. Absolutely unplayable for me.

derekisazombie
09-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Interesting....Anyways, I'm currently downloading the game. Guess I'll have to check it out myself.

I'm curious about the graphics and gameplay because the trailer made it seem really good. I'm sure this game has potential. But It's easier to say something has potential, Instead of really knowing if it's going to get better.

Seeya round =P

KrisWB
09-18-2011, 10:55 AM
You need to remember this is in Beta.

Check out the Beta forums and you will see that the discussions is quite indepth and constant. The Dev's check the forums everyday for Bugs and respond accordingly with updates/patches.

You can't expect to download a game in Beta and find it in perfect working condition. That is why you are here, to help find those bugs and issues so the devs can fix it all.

Make sure you read the forums in depth as to be honest, most of the issues you have posted about above have been addressed in various topics/forums and you can see they are being worked on or planned to be worked on very soon.

Keep at it :)

fiasco130
09-20-2011, 01:49 AM
would be great if someone could help with a solution

Apocalypto
09-20-2011, 10:24 PM
@kriswb : I know its a beta, and what is a beta, and when the game is about to be launched, with all bug/crash , reported yes but still not fixed, that's seems like a joke.I never see that on any beta.

Then even for a beta, for me the game is ugly at max graph setting, and terribly low,so bad optimized at least.And Open beta get same graphic,even if the game works beter.

Still cant connect in multiplayer mod, and the game may be launch tomorow...

Then for the ingame content or mechanics i cant say more, because i dont even want to see more about the game.

I will test or buy it maybe in 1 year, but not now, with all the good game coming very soon.

I think this game need 6 month/1 year more in developpement,fix,optimized, and graphic improvement, visibility. Even UI need to be visually rework.

axal011
09-20-2011, 10:56 PM
@kriswb : I know its a beta, and what is a beta, and when the game is about to be launched, with all bug/crash , reported yes but still not fixed, that's seems like a joke.I never see that on any beta.

Then even for a beta, for me the game is ugly at max graph setting, and terribly low,so bad optimized at least.And Open beta get same graphic,even if the game works beter.

Then for the ingame content or mechanics i cant say more, because i dont even want to see more about the game.

I will test or buy it maybe in 1 year, but not now, with all the good game coming very soon.

I think this game need 6 month/1 year more in developpement,fix,optimized, and graphic improvement, visibility. Even UI need to be visually rework.

The graphics are fine to me, I play ALOT of games that require alot of resources to play.. I bought my PC to handle any game which burned a hole in my pocket, 3,125 worth PC.. Intel I7 6 cores but shows as 8 cores 3.3ghz, 12 GB ddr3 ram, Two geforce nvidia 590s. I tried Crysis,Bad company2, CoH, and several other high demanding graphics and soon ill be buying Battlefield 3 with its new graphic engine. Lets just say I play alot of games that require high end graphic cards..

Other than that, This is a different Genre of a game, so don't expect the graphics to be nearly the same as those that are not in this category. For an RTS game, the graphics of this game out-beat every other RTS there is.. No other RTS game has better graphics, for example "Saga" RA3,Starcraft2, stronghold series.. The game has wonderful graphics.

Here let me help you sign this piece of paper that says "Don't hit the door on the way out" If you don't plan on buying the game. :cool:

andreicde
09-21-2011, 06:22 AM

ugly graphic?what are you,a graphic geek or something? This game has amazing graphic. Just because it doesn't have graphics like Crysis 2 or other games just released lately it doesn't mean it sucks. The point of the game is to be played by a big amount of players not by heavy hardcore gamers only who can afford 2000 dollars computers.

Thulen
09-21-2011, 08:17 PM
This game has amazing graphic.

:rolleyes: Amazing really? , its ok but the shadows are worst i seen in years, graphics dont make a game for me as i play dwarf fortress (http://bay12games.com/dwarves/screens.html) , content matter more also not much in this game yet maybe someday, promise content i wont believe until i see it ,heard that before , along with stability.

Honestly as long as i keep seeing these bugs re-appear i wont recommend it to anyone i know.

Major issues ;
- hero levels reset / vanish
- units levels reset / dupes / vanish
- research reset ( very major cause of the wealth spent on it is lost ,happend today, might be a visual bug but i could rebuy things i already researched )
- vanished resources when buying ( seems fixed for now )
- elf houses dont save on logout what they are doing ( gather food / gold / stone setting )
- buildings reset themself and vanish from map
- bought mercenaries that dont appear ( brother seems to get this one alot )

Minor ones
- resource 'counter' is way off , shows +250 ect and gives you maybe actual 60 a min
- graphic : shadows are bad

( ones i can remember right now )

Apocalypto
09-22-2011, 10:30 AM
@axal: I got i7 4core,8gb,gtx460m 1.5go,full hd ,and the game seems to lag...in solo.No problem on any other games for now (rift,wot,globalagenda,witcher2,shogun2 ect).

@adreicde : Yes i cant afford this too, that's why the game must be optimized, because for me the graphism are poor, or you get high quality graphic, or you get fluidity.Here you get none.Even battleforge (2009) seems to be nicer.

Then gameplay, i cant juge, but it seems too mess,not clear,too dark (icons,troops/unit descriptions).

And for bugs,i see a little part only, if i read other comments.

When i play other beta,like world of tank, ive got no problem with launcher,no crash, everything was clear, and exactly like in open beta, so the game was fine when launch, that not the case here,that's all.

And you know what happen when games are launched prematurely ? They fail,they got a bad rep,players dont buy, or buy and dont play ,and even with awesome update,they hardly survive, or pass in F2P...You can made beter profit in time,with a beter finished game on launch.

So good luck for tomorow...forums will be flooded by bugs...or not lol

AvengingEvil
09-24-2011, 11:53 AM
they seem to be fixing bugs fast now a patch a day seems like they know wht they are doing but i agree wid u lots of room 4 improvement