PDA

View Full Version : Nick's been forum'napped

nickson104
08-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah i wont be on the forums for at least a week now guys :/

I am going tonight to Egypt and i shall be returning on the 22nd :)

Hope you guys can manage to stay sane without me... :p And i also hope i dont miss any news

cya guys

raving
08-14-2008, 10:15 AM
cya mate and have fun in egypt

ash12181987
08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Everyone seems to be leaving us...

Have fun man... again, another trip where I can honestly say, wish I was there.

frankein_fish
08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
oooo Egypt i went there a couple of months ago.
Anyways have fun

The Witch King of Angmar
08-14-2008, 12:40 PM
See ya. Have a good trip.

Mrdash
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Ive never left the US....Actualy...I've barely left the state im in....Lucky.

Well GL anyway =-D

raving
08-15-2008, 03:50 AM
oh ive been in the US twice now ^^. I live in belgium, and ive been to new york and to Las vegas. Both verry cool places :D

frankein_fish
08-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Meh id rather go to Canada in that case...
Its more like my home here :D

nickson104
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I have returned.... :) egypt was cool but i wouldnt choose to go there again

The difference in culture and personal safety just doesnt appeal to me however i rather enjoyed the hotel and the workers there were really friendly

No sightseeing unfortunately

frankein_fish
08-22-2008, 02:29 PM
well i went to Luxor. Altought the bus trip was a pain in the ass.
All the buses had to go in a caravan since the terrorist attacks at luxor, totaly there where about 100+ buses :p
and all of 'em had to pay 6-7 Dollars to be allowed to go, so thats 1300 dollars a day, for just one caravan.

nickson104
08-23-2008, 07:42 AM
well i went to Luxor. Altought the bus trip was a pain in the ass.
All the buses had to go in a caravan since the terrorist attacks at luxor, totaly there where about 100+ buses :p
and all of 'em had to pay 6-7 Dollars to be allowed to go, so thats 1300 dollars a day, for just one caravan.

nice... :p

I went to the new tourist resort of Hurghada... its nice area really but not perfect :p one guy owns at least 30 hotels there all 5star and each costs at least like 150mil+ ($300mil+)

I wanted a trip to Cairo or Luxor or maybe the Valley of the kings but they all were a minimum of 8 hours drive away (Hurghada is right on the red sea) and not only that but cost a huge amount

Hurghada seemed a very safe place to be... even if it was intimidating to the tourists... i mean there were armed guards patrolling everywhere and each hotel had at least 5 police guards on its gates, also some of the main roads in and out were guarded constantly by multiple mounted machine-guns (imagine driving past and suddenly they fire at you... 150 bullets without needing to reload multiplied by 4.... not a nice picture)

The hotel i was in makes an average profit of 300,000 a month ($600,000) It would be much higher but it was all inclusive and employed hundreds and hundreds of people... also the pools were extremely clean but not by chlorine (bumps up that expense a bit, especially considering there were like 20 pools) and the air conditioning was on all the time inside and that is expensive to run they employed people to make beautiful carvings on fruit and such and to make pretty shapes out of your towels in your room

Egypt has such a different culture though, i dont enjoy walking past a shop and having all the store owners in the vicinity run out and try to drag you into their store all the time, and then theres the people at the airport who grab cases without asking and as soon as they touch them it means they must be payed because you 'allowed' them to carry them for you, then there was passport control stopping us to ask for some money "gift for me?" then getting stopped on the way out and searched (presumably for metal although the detector didnt go off) then getting your wallet pulled out and some money taken out... and when in a good area such as a tourist shopping district never turn a corner or take a shortcut or anything you would swear you were in a warzone suddenly

This holiday was not as relaxing as most i have been on but it has given me to talk about i guess

frankein_fish
08-23-2008, 09:49 AM
nice... :p

I went to the new tourist resort of Hurghada...

Ooops i forgot to mention that i went to Hurghada first then took one of those bus caravans to Luxor :D
......My bad

Puppeteer
08-23-2008, 09:54 AM
When I went I did a Nile Cruise for a week in Upper Egypt (that's near to Luxor, Karnak etc. down the bottom) then stayed in an all-inclusive hotel for another week. Thus, got the relaxing week in the 2nd part of the holiday and sight-seeing in first part. Oh, and flew to Abu Simbel & Cairo too! (you can't go to Egypt and miss either of those)

nickson104
08-23-2008, 11:46 AM
When I went I did a Nile Cruise for a week in Upper Egypt (that's near to Luxor, Karnak etc. down the bottom) then stayed in an all-inclusive hotel for another week. Thus, got the relaxing week in the 2nd part of the holiday and sight-seeing in first part. Oh, and flew to Abu Simbel & Cairo too! (you can't go to Egypt and miss either of those)

i did....

and frankein fish cool :) looks like i have been beaten there lol

kronlc
10-23-2008, 08:07 PM
oh ive b:Deen in the US twice now ^^.
I went to the states and I been to the UK and both
left a taiste of beer in my mouth and one time
Iw as i threre I didnt liek quuenns

Mrdash
10-24-2008, 11:44 AM
1.) Er huh?

2.) Is your signiture even necessary?

The Witch King of Angmar
10-24-2008, 02:24 PM
This is getting way too off topic. I say this topic should be closed. As for the signature, I think it's hysterical. I'd be embarassed if it was mine though, because it's probably not true. :rolleyes: