PDA

View Full Version : Update?

Sketchie
08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Any word on any updates, I remember seeing somewhere on the forums that we were going to have a update at the end of July. (Not talking about the publishing company merger either as that is not an update to the status of the game) Any word would be nice as this game has been in production for a very long time with many unanswered questions...

S

aVeron
08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
I totally agree!

Grizzlez
08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
You do need to remember a lot of games don't have devs that answer as many questions or show off as much, so anything extra we see is just a bonus compared to many others.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-12-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd personally be patient. I think that we will see more either at the end of this month or some time in September.

frankein_fish
08-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Patience is always good when ur talking game devolopment :D
As for this game i can wait. I'll just haft to live on my dreams for a couple of months :rolleyes:

aVeron
08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah, i guess we'll have to wait for a while..

Btw, nice sig, small and all that..

Esculas the Mighty
08-12-2008, 11:43 AM
As for this game i can wait. I'll just haft to live on my dreams for a couple of months :rolleyes:

THIZ CALLS FOR A SIG WAR I CAN GET A FAR BIGGA SIG THAN JOO

Liljagare
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Hopefully we'll see some news soon.. the game has been a loooooong time comin' and if the devs aren't carefull the world might revolve a full lap ahead of them by the time they release this game! :o

Joseph Visscher
08-14-2008, 10:41 PM

THIZ CALLS FOR A SIG WAR I CAN GET A FAR BIGGA SIG THAN JOO

Yea bring your big sigs and I'll bring my big metal boot, and I'll put up where the sun don't shine.

News will come when it comes; not to early and not to late.
The question you need answered is who or what sets those dates. ;)

Darvin
08-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Big image sigs have always ****ed me off. They're nice to look at the first time, sure, but when several people are doing it, the page is suddenly full of of the item. Sigs should really be no longer than 4 lines of text, and if they're an image sig they should be no larger than that.

As for updates, just chill. They'll come when they come, and posting your impatience here isn't going to make them come any faster (but getting worked up about it will sure make it feel longer!)

frankein_fish
08-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Big image sigs have always ****ed me off. They're nice to look at the first time, sure, but when several people are doing it, the page is suddenly full of of the item. Sigs should really be no longer than 4 lines of text, and if they're an image sig they should be no larger than that.

Yea well i can agree that this sig ended up a bit bigger than i expected:rolleyes:
I could make it smaller if u want.............the power of PAINT!!!!!1

Esculas the Mighty
08-15-2008, 07:34 AM
better and cooler

you into egyptain mythology?

Sketchie
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I fail to see how posting a question about updates can be considered impatience.... But then again its easy to point fingers and subjugate people to lies. Obviously the devs aren't posting updates as they had said they would, which leads to people asking questions.

S

The Witch King of Angmar
08-15-2008, 03:23 PM
It's not impatience, rather curiosity. The devs said that the news wouldn't be too late or too soon. Lol, we all know it hasn't been too soon. :rolleyes:

Sketchie
08-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah, most of the devs that I have ever dealt with would make very good politicians =)

S

Tbeaz161
08-16-2008, 12:05 AM
they said they were going to do a big marketing campaign in august didnt they? has there been anything sense the announcement of light hosue publishing there game?

raving
08-16-2008, 03:25 AM
i said it once, and i will say it a thousand more times. Let the developers do what they do best. Do you want a game with more flaws then who knows what? Let them finish the game and be patient just a little longer ;). When they are happy about the game we will be happy about the game. :)

Liljagare
08-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Well, considering communication isn't exactly bad for sales or business, its usually a good point to say something.. :)

And yepp, if they do state they have announcements coming, and skip em, nowadays I for some reason tend to think "vapourware"! or "what happened to that game? It looked interesting.. "..

Just curious about the state of the game! :)

aVeron
08-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Well, considering communication isn't exactly bad for sales or business, its usually a good point to say something.. :)

And yepp, if they do state they have announcements coming, and skip em, nowadays I for some reason tend to think "vapourware"! or "what happened to that game? It looked interesting.. "..

Just curious about the state of the game! :)

Yeah i agree.

For one thing, they should definitely update their homepage, as it is more then one year old..

frankein_fish
08-16-2008, 10:54 AM
you into egyptain mythology?

Yeah im into mythology in fact im kinnda a history geek :D :rolleyes:

Homepage update would be nice, but id say its more importent with the game :)

ash12181987
08-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah im into mythology in fact im kinnda a history geek :D :rolleyes:

Homepage update would be nice, but id say its more importent with the game :)

Yay for historical geekdom!

I would perfer something more along the lines of a unit list for one of the races myself... but thats just me

Tbeaz161
08-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Yay for historical geekdom!

I would perfer something more along the lines of a unit list for one of the races myself... but thats just me

I love Greek history :) and I know some stuff about egyptian.

I would like to see a new video some time myself.

Esculas the Mighty
08-16-2008, 03:25 PM
i know tons on anceint greek and egpyt but i fail at norse mythology havent found the time to read up on it

Mrdash
08-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Ya updating the homepage would be nice. When I first foun it I was confused since it said to be launched in 2007 and then didnt say anything else.

frankein_fish
08-17-2008, 03:20 AM
wow this topic is only on its 3'rd page and already its off-topic. :D

Well back to the off-topic chat :p
Im good at norse myth since......Well just look where i live and u'll see.
Im good at greek myth just out of geekiness.
and the same applies to Egyptian myth
Altough the Roman myth is a bit harder :)

Liljagare
08-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Altough the Roman myth is a bit harder :)

Roman mythology is just plain hilarious.. very screwy set of beliefs, though violent and nifty.. :D

ash12181987
08-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Norse mythology here... other than that I stick to historical events, maybe a bit more hardline archaeological following as well with the Romans and vikings

Esculas the Mighty
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
I WANNA TIME MACHINE!!!!

ancient cities are so kewl

Sketchie
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM
lol, way off topic but I might as well join in the fray as there is absolutely no other activity on these forums!!! Rome mythology is basically Greek mythology renamed to suite the Romans. I am more interested in their military tactics then mythology, but all still very interesting.

S

frankein_fish
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
lol, way off topic but I might as well join in the fray as there is absolutely no other activity on these forums!!! Rome mythology is basically Greek mythology renamed to suite the Romans. I am more interested in their military tactics then mythology, but all still very interesting.

Yes roman myth is basicly Greek and the reason for that was that the even the Romans tought Greece was a cultury superior state.
for an example kids where taught 2 laungues, Latin and Greek.
And the Roman architecture was strongly influed by the Greeks
And last, in the early kingdom era their soldiers where influed by Greece too meaning they used the phalanx formation and the equipment was also where similiar

aVeron
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Hmm.. I think you guys got the wrong board here.. A topic is supose to stay on its course, which this aint doing anymore..

So if there is a sutch big interest in Mythologly on this forum.. why dont you make a thread about it on the "oftopic" section?

Because it sure doesnt belong here!

Esculas the Mighty
08-18-2008, 02:40 PM
-sigh- untill this topic gets a post from someone in reverie we really dont have anything else to talk about okay?!

Sketchie
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah since we did not really get an answer from any Devs and there is no activity here besides this post, which is a result of lack of updates, it really dont matter anymore I dont think. If the devs are upset about this off topic post then they can lock it, no need to start a new post. Back onto the off-topic most Roma families that had money would hire Greek teachers to teach there kids as well whcih in result impressed a lot of greek way of life into romans.

S

aVeron
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah since we did not really get an answer from any Devs and there is no activity here besides this post, which is a result of lack of updates, it really dont matter anymore I dont think. If the devs are upset about this off topic post then they can lock it, no need to start a new post. Back onto the off-topic most Roma families that had money would hire Greek teachers to teach there kids as well whcih in result impressed a lot of greek way of life into romans.

S

Everytime anyone go on to this forum, and seeing that this thread is having the latest post. MOSTLY people will think that there has been an update or any news about the game, as it is what this thread is about.. Well everyone who things that will be very disapointed when seeing that a bunch of historical guys(******) are filling there posts with nothing related to the game or anything else..

Hm... I wonder if there was a reason why the devs made a offtopic section in the first place around here.. hmm.. Maybe it was because this happen quite often..

Esculas the Mighty
08-18-2008, 04:14 PM
i just think you have a really bad attitude

o and besides why would you think its an update the topic has a question mark behind it ''Update?''

so its clear that someone started the topic wondering if there is an update

not a dev stateing that this topic holds updates

but im just throwing wood into a fire i just had to say that tho

The Witch King of Angmar
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Who are you talking about Esculas, Averon or Sketchie?

aVeron
08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
i just think you have a really bad attitude

o and besides why would you think its an update the topic has a question mark behind it ''Update?''

so its clear that someone started the topic wondering if there is an update

not a dev stateing that this topic holds updates

but im just throwing wood into a fire i just had to say that tho

This thread is started due to people wants to know if there will be an update soon and yes its a question thread, to the devs..

But either a dev have stated or not, that this thread contains update information, doesn't mean that you should fill it with unrelated stuff? When people might think a dev or anyone with information has made a post here, Instead when they read throught the lines and pages of unrelated things they find nothing that holds to the subject..

Argueing against my point isnt that wish, Esculas the "Migthy" , as in teory I am right.. So stop this nonesence!

About my attitude, hmm, well i couldn't care less...

Esculas the Mighty
08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
you really broke my heart when you put quotations on Mighty and also showed me that i spelled mighty wrong for that i thank you :D

and yea i was talking about averon

we dont get along lol

the devs would also make their own topic concerning an update

the most they would do on this 1 is say yes we will give you an update on such and such date

Jean=A=Luc
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
You guys are such amateur spammers, I miss Sparrow. :(

ash12181987
08-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Didn't sparrow say we all suck donkey balls (Or something to that effect), and he was going to go spread his own form of interwebal (Yes I made that word up) joy on the Warhammer 40k 2 forums?

supagu
08-18-2008, 11:09 PM
what happened to sparrow?

Sketchie
08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
This post has actually turned into something interesting. Now we have gone from talking about history to spamming about how other people are spamming (thanks ave) oh and BTW your just adding to the none sense of this post with your input about us being off topic, just so you know. What have I created?!!! :eek:
S

Esculas the Mighty
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
You guys are such amateur spammers, I miss Sparrow. :(

lol not aiming to be

should i aim to be a pro spammer?

Joseph Visscher
08-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I should have closed it down when I replyed. :)

-Thread Closed due to lost topic.