PDA

View Full Version : Any guides on how to actually play the game?

Rudedawg
08-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Love the concept - I think it could be a really cool game.

1) UI seems really "clunky" - why can't I bind the keys so I can make the game easier to navigate/use for me?

2) Displays overlap each other ingame - so I can't read half the descriptions of the circles to know what they do - any way to clear all that display clutter?

3) I chose to build elf - I can't even figure out how to do first quest - it says to build something - and I can't figure out which unit to use or how to build it - tryed clicking on everything.

4) I left click on a unit and sometimes it moves to where I want and sometime it doesn't - seems buggy to me - or is there something I'm doing wrong - should be fairly easy to move a unit no?

5) In Online Kingdom can I actually conquor other players cities? Or is it like most other mmorts's where you can only attack them - but they keep their city/stronghold?

Thanks all.

Henry Martin
08-20-2011, 11:48 AM
1)Yes the UI is clunky. The reason you cant bind keys is because we haven't got it in game yet.

2)Yes, like before the UI is clunky and needs to be polished.

3)There is trees around the main settlement that you use to build all buildings. Check Here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3044) as this might help.

4)Yes it should be easy, but this game is still very buggy. It will be fixed up soon.

5)The reason this feature is so popular as most people wont like this (just like being attack when you are offline). A "Hardcore mode" will liked by a smaller group. Not everyone is into losing all that they have and restarting with a new town. But there will be a hardcore/conquer style ingame (not at launch). Not sure how it will be set up as of now.

Rudedawg
08-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Thank you - figured out the first quest.

re: "Hardcore Mode" maybe if you are offline and you get attacked your troops and buildings get a 20% bonus or something to offset the fact that you are not there...

I know it's a tough one - I do know that I personnaly like the challenge of knowing
I could be attacked and "razed" at any time and vice versa - but your right - not sure how'd I feel after playing for 2 months and have everything I built wiped out.

Alex Walz
08-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm working on a tutorial right now with our scripters. It should be ready soon. :)

In the mean time, check out the "Help" menu from the scroll at the top right of the game screen. The tutorial will be composed of playable race-specific instances of these Help categories.