PDA

View Full Version : Marching Armies Across the Map.

DanX2007
08-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I assume this topic was already started before, but I thought I would try to provide an example as to how it was used.

In my opinion, I think it would be nice to implement a system where it kinda follows the idea of an RTS called 'Lords of the Realm 3.' In this game, there was a giant world map, and you had to march to each city in order to conquer it, it would usually take 2-5 minutes to arrive at the nearest city, depending on the distance.

However, your army can be intercepted along its travels. When your army is attacked, you can choose to fight the battle yourself, which would bring you down to a tactical phase of the battlefield where you control your units in real time, or let the AI take it over and fight for you. If the AI fights the battle for you, you can also choose to jump right back into the fight if you wish. (By double clicking an icon on the world map showing the two armies fighting). You can also leave the battle and let the AI take over as you seem fit.

This allows you to fight other battles around the world, as well as manage your kingdom.

Now I'm trying to keep this short so I don't create a wall of text, so if you have any specific questions, please ask. :) .

I understand also if this would be an unwelcome change, because it would drastically change some of the mechanics already put in place in the game as of now, but I thought I would share my suggestion never-the-less. :)

Esculas the Mighty
08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I assume this topic was already started before, but I thought I would try to provide an example as to how it was used.

In my opinion, I think it would be nice to implement a system where it kinda follows the idea of an RTS called 'Lords of the Realm 3.' In this game, there was a giant world map, and you had to march to each city in order to conquer it, it would usually take 2-5 minutes to arrive at the nearest city, depending on the distance.

However, your army can be intercepted along its travels. When your army is attacked, you can choose to fight the battle yourself, which would bring you down to a tactical phase of the battlefield where you control your units in real time, or let the AI take it over and fight for you. If the AI fights the battle for you, you can also choose to jump right back into the fight if you wish. (By double clicking an icon on the world map showing the two armies fighting). You can also leave the battle and let the AI take over as you seem fit.

This allows you to fight other battles around the world, as well as manage your kingdom.

Now I'm trying to keep this short so I don't create a wall of text, so if you have any specific questions, please ask. :) .

I understand also if this would be an unwelcome change, because it would drastically change some of the mechanics already put in place in the game as of now, but I thought I would share my suggestion never-the-less. :)

only thing that doest actually make the system reverie put up is the army figthing on there own (if u include them microing themselves ) but other than that reverie's system is loads of better

frankein_fish
08-03-2008, 12:18 AM
only thing that doest actually make the system reverie put up is the army figthing on there own (if u include them microing themselves ) but other than that reverie's system is loads of better

Micro'ing AI FTW :D :p

Ciprian
04-26-2011, 02:56 AM
it's a great ideea and it would make game very intresting to travel with army on the map and others to atack there,but there must be some good reasons to travel on map with army

Trotibal
05-01-2011, 02:13 PM
yes is good, to intercept others :)

Alemenexius
05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
it would would add a lot more strategy to the game so i hope so