PDA

View Full Version : How big is the MMO-part?

Possut
08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Heya!

I saw this game and went "Wow!, this game really has something I would like to play". I played lots of RTS and MMO-RTS (like Tribal Wars for example) and having this dedicated 3D game was making me go aweing.

So, a basic question, which I didn't really was that answered in the About/Features sections: How big is the MMO part? Can you socialize and play together on a minute-to-minute basis or can you only quest and do skirmishes and wars together?

Please feel free to answer the base question any way you want. I'm downloading the Beta right now and will try out, but I would love some elaborate answers from those who played already!

Regards

Tomas

Alex Walz
08-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Hey again. :)

First off, DOF is an MMORTS and not an MMORPG so the MMO part will be the battles and the campaign does not have a co-op faction (though we may add co-op quest packs down the road).

You can socialize with everyone at any time. There are various chat channels so that you can talk to your realm, your neighbors, a certain person, etc. You'll be able to create alliances and help defend or attack. You can search for players any time and engage other players in either field combat or stronghold combat, which includes attacking trade convoys and creating army camps for a more permanent forward base.

With that said, all maps are instanced for optimal performance, so you won't be able to freely roam the world with an ally and you won't run into a thousand other players at one of the NPC towns or a randomly-generated piece of land.

And then there's all the persistency that makes up the other half of an MMORTS - meaning your town will remain continue to thrive even in your absence and your unit positions, defenses, etc. will remain just where you left them for the next time you log-in.

dmcheatw
08-13-2011, 08:04 PM
what will happen if my city is attacked while i am away?

Jardian
08-13-2011, 10:45 PM
You have to accept PvP so there is no getting ganked while you not online and farmed into nothingness.

dmcheatw
08-14-2011, 12:08 AM
ahh ok so my realm is safe if i'm not online, good good.

robert84
08-31-2011, 11:38 PM
you not online and farmed into nothingness.