PDA

View Full Version : DOF Units

The Witch King of Angmar
07-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Can someone please list the units that have been made so far or announced for DOF? Jsut curious. I know some of them already.

Thanks

SPARROW94
07-01-2007, 09:48 PM
men-rubber ducky
sucide bombers
spartan super soldiers
peasents
ANTS

orcs-green goblins
pigs
cyclops
boogey man
a big thing with big claws that are big

elves-warriors
pope
ents
ponys

dragons-a dragon!?!?!?!?!?!?

The Witch King of Angmar
07-02-2007, 10:38 AM

Don't forget fire drakes! :p

Irish_PXzyan
07-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Please dont go off topic guys! There is no info about current units!! not in detail anyway;)

judgeing from some screenshots you should have a good idea what units are going to be in this game!

SPARROW94
07-07-2007, 12:19 AM
im sorry...

Irish_PXzyan
07-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I sence a giggle while you typed iam sorry :rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar
07-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Please dont go off topic guys! There is no info about current units!! not in detail anyway

Man you act just like the moderators! I think you should join Reverie.

Irish_PXzyan
07-07-2007, 01:18 PM
It would be pointless in letting me in! id be only usless in beta testing stages as ive a bit of beta testing experience and will be beta testing world in conflict on monday :D

Iam not that bossy am I?? ;)

Joseph Visscher
07-14-2007, 11:43 AM
men-rubber ducky
sucide bombers
spartan super soldiers
peasents
ANTS

orcs-green goblins
pigs
cyclops
boogey man
a big thing with big claws that are big

elves-warriors
pope
ents
ponys

lol SPARROW you have a good littly list there; don't forget the 50 feet high Cows that roll on your army and in a massive mudy swamp to get really dirty. jk. lol

I'll tell you one thing for real now, most of you know of the "Ents" that are in dawn of fantasy, they are called a Tree Of War (TOW) or Battle Tree as I personaly call them, and they are not so simular to bfme1-2 Ents as you may think, there body is completely designed differently, they are indeed massive and thick, in a fight between a TOW and bfme2's Treeberd, Treeberd would be pile wood in a manner of seconds. ;)

Irish_PXzyan
07-14-2007, 12:48 PM
ohhoo!!! we will have to see about that ;)

Alexander Flegler
07-14-2007, 12:59 PM
And those Trees of War actually act as siege towers :rolleyes:

jap88
07-14-2007, 01:14 PM
The elves have those, correct?
Those sound like fun :p Siege towers...thats uhhh...interesting :p

Sharku
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
And those Trees of War actually act as siege towers :rolleyes:Only siege towers? Or maybe they can serve as a battering ram or shock troops too eh?

As for my guesses on units:
Humans
Human Swordsman Unit-Basic Infantry (?)
Human Halbedier-Anti-calvary (?)
Human Crossbowman-Advanced Missile (?)
Human Archer-Basic Missile (?)
Human Knight-Heavy Calvary(?)
Human Peasant-Gatherer/Builder
Human Macemen-Anti-infantry (?)
Human Thane-Offensive Unit
Human Mor-Spellcaster
Erian-Human Prince, avalible only in campaign, black longsword

Elves
Elven Ranger-Elite Missile (?)
Unicorn-Elven Mount
High Elf Defender-Dual-wielding, offensive unit
Ballista-Long ranged siege machine, requires crew
Tree of War-battering ram and mobile tower
Ladder Plant-grows in front of wall
Catapult Tree-Can also charge units
High Elf Sentry-Double bladed staff and shield
Elven Sorceror-Spellcaster

Orcs
Orc Spearmen-Anti-Calvary (?)
Orc Warrior-Basic Infantry (?) cool Spiked Shields
Orc Worker-Gatherer/Builder
Orc Archer-Basic Missile (?)
Ogre-Damage dealer and tank (?), may throw rocks(?), good against buildings, spiked arm-guard and club
Troll-(?)
Goblin Warrior-Skirmeshers and fodder (?)
Goblin Archer-Skirmeshers and fodder (?)
Orc Warlord-Offenseive Unit
Orc Shaman-Spellcaster (?)
Marauder-(?)
Wolf-beast-Orc Mount (?)

Dragons
Dragon-Fire-breathing unit, can jump over walls
Armored Lancer Calvary-Heavy Calvary (?)
Swordsmen Unit- Basic Infantry (?), Cool Black Armor
Half-Orcs-Skirmeshers and fodder(?)
Fire Drakes-Drakes that breath fire (?)
Drake Slave-Gatherer/Builder
Drake Warrior-Elite Infantry (?)
Wyvern-(?)
Leviathan-Naval Unit (?)
Royal Dragon-Commander unit (?), uber spellcaster (?)
Lindwyrm-(?)

Those are what i got from the Screenshots and Concept art but like all things they are subject to change. Some of the named ones have been said by the develpors so i assume they will be in game. The ones with the (?) behind them are the ones i just completely guessed on.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Only siege towers? Or maybe they can serve as a battering ram or shock troops too eh?

Orcs
Cool looking Spearmen Unit
Swordsmen Unit with Spiked Shields
Worker with Axe
Worker with Hammer
Archer Unit
Ogre with a spiked arm-guard
Some big, green, skinny guy
Wild Beasts
Goblin Units

Should I assume the ogre is taking the place of a troll in DOF?

Alexander Flegler
07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
There's just one kind of "Worker" for the Orcs. Like in the old Age of Empires games workers keep their tools in their hand if you tasked them on something.

Sharku
07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
There's just one kind of "Worker" for the Orcs. Like in the old Age of Empires games workers keep their tools in their hand if you tasked them on something.Thanks, wasn't to sure about that.

Sharku
07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Added Ballistas and Tree of War to the Elven Units since they are the only units that seem to be confirmed by name. Also added the Human Thane.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Added Ballistas and Tree of War to the Elven Units since they are the only units that seem to be confirmed by name. Also added the Human Thane.

Man this game is gonna rock! :D

Konstantin Fomenko
07-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Shorku - good guessing work there! You got most of the them right.

I have to mention that all of the races have access to several siege weapons, in categories like: siege ladders, siege towers, battering rams, and catapults. Each race has a radically different approach/visuals for these siege weapons though.

Lets look at Elfs for example:
-Elven siege ladders is actually a plant which grows from the ground in front of the enemy walls
-Elven catapult is an animated tree, which also has an ability to fight on it`s own by charging and crashing enemies
-Elven siege tower/battering ram are both the same unit - War Tree, which also serves as a mobile archer tower/melee fighting unit.

Sharku
07-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Will the Dragon faction have much in siege or will they just rely in the power of the Dragons themselves?

Konstantin Fomenko
07-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Will the Dragon faction have much in siege or will they just rely in the power of the Dragons themselves?

Dragons get both options, they can use their slave units to support their own siege weapons during castle assualt, of they can just fly the dragon in, burn the crap out of gate defenders, and open the gates that way:)

For the record - our gates work similar to Medieval Total War: there is a way to open them from inside the town, if you manage to kill all enemy units around.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Dragons get both options, they can use their slave units to support their own siege weapons during castle assualt, of they can just fly the dragon in, burn the crap out of gate defenders, and open the gates that way:)

For the record - our gates work similar to Medieval Total War: there is a way to open them from inside the town, if you manage to kill all enemy units around.

Sweet. That is one thing I love about strategy games is the gates!!! As soon as I bought BFME all I did was open my gate, send units out, close it then open it again, send them back in and close it! Lol I'm a little paranoid. :)

SPARROW94
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
lol sweeet

WhiteHawk
07-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm guessing "Battle Trees" have awesome death sequences if you set them on fire? >=D

Can't they like, run around in panic, burning the hell out of their comrades? =P

Sharku
08-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Just checking over the new screen shots and the only new unit i saw was an elf spearmen (cool spear too). Also mentioned in a topic was the Orc Warlord. Him, along with the Human Thane and Elven Defender are strong offensive units.

It's late though so i may have missed some things in the screen shots. I'll look them over more carefully tomorrow.

Ryan Zelazny
08-01-2007, 08:06 AM
The elven unit with the spear, is actually a dual-bladed staff with a shield. He's called the Elven Sentry for now.

Also, one thing with the new Sects, is that all the titles are based on units in the game. If you want to find out what units will be out, go up in rank in your various Sects and you will soon learn them all. ;)

Morgan Milliea
08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I WAS TRING TO DO THAT I got accused of spamming...im probaly the only girl on these forums...also they restarded my post counts :'(

Ryan Zelazny
08-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Welcome Morgan,

Indeed you are our first female fan on these forums, we had one on the old forums. Unless your the same one?

We would appriciate it if you earned your post counts by doing meaningful posts, not just spam.

I'm glad someone finally picked Dragons, I would've thought they would be more popular as so little is known about them.

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 09:19 AM
to me looks like men are the most popular

Morgan Milliea
08-01-2007, 09:24 AM
so im the first girl and first dragon...THATS HOT

jap88
08-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Meh, i see a pretty good variation in sects.

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Thank you sects :) We now know the name of some worker units and that there will be a Human Crossbow and an Orc Shaman.

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:21 AM
but in future we will know more about these units

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:30 AM
but in future we will know more about these unitsYea but knowing their names and guessing their purpose is fine for now :)

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:32 AM
its one more post i get promoted so yeah kewl kewl kewl

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Now we konw that there will be a Ranger unit :D Keep posting guys this is really fun

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
lol yeah but dont do it morgan style

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Reading the suggestion forums the devs have let loose two units i missed. The Goblin Archer and the Goblin Swordsman. Plus we learn that Ogres will use clubs and be good as siege units but they are still unsure if they want to add the ability to throw rocks and make them over-powered.

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
yep we both make good scientist

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:55 AM
yep we both make good scientistLol you changed your sect. Guess those lancer units are knights after all.

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:56 AM
great observation boyy

Sharku
08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Over at my home site of RTSC Ryan was kind enough to pos a concept art of what a Drake will look like. Just follow the link.
http://www.rtscommunity.com/forums/index.php/topic,3939.45.html

jap88
08-02-2007, 04:53 PM
link is broken.

Alexander Flegler
08-02-2007, 05:14 PM
The link is fine but RTSC often happens to be down lately.

Ryan Zelazny
08-02-2007, 08:15 PM
RTSC seems to be having some network problems. I'll post the images here for you guys.

http://www.reverieworld.com/stuff/Ryan/drake2.jpg
http://www.reverieworld.com/stuff/Ryan/drake1.jpg

MahsterC
08-02-2007, 08:59 PM
When i first read about the drakes i was thinking about little dragon like creatures. Not a dragon-man. Will there be Further more changes to the drake?

Sharku
08-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Added the Marauder to the Orcs and changed the Elven Mor to Human Mor which is the Human's spellcaster.

jap88
08-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah, i was kind of picturing a little dragon too, so i saw it standing up with armor on and was like "wtf?"

Darvin
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Well, it's more or less what I expected: a reptilian humanoid.

Looks to me like the kind of creature you don't want to mess with, regardless of whether we're talking about a labourer or a trained warrior.

Ryan Zelazny
08-03-2007, 06:58 AM
When i first read about the drakes i was thinking about little dragon like creatures. Not a dragon-man. Will there be Further more changes to the drake?

The drakes will remain humanoid.

Darvin
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Mind you, a tail wouldn't exactly look bad on these guys.

entvex
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
so im the first girl and first dragon...THATS HOT

^^^^ look

paris hilton is visiting our forum

Sharku
08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Mind you, a tail wouldn't exactly look bad on these guys.Yea a tail would look pretty cool. I thought they had one but I guess not.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Yea a tail would look pretty cool. I thought they had one but I guess not.

I like the nose rings. It makes the drake look tougher to me.

Sharku
08-06-2007, 04:00 PM
I like the nose rings. It makes the drake look tougher to me.Anyone know if that is just a Drake Slave or an actual unit? Cause if that's how bada$$ their workers look I can't wait to see the actual soldiers.

Ryan Zelazny
08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Anyone know if that is just a Drake Slave or an actual unit? Cause if that's how bada$$ their workers look I can't wait to see the actual soldiers.

That concept was actually for a Drake hero. I'm not sure if he will be appearing in the game or not, as I haven't seen what the writers have cooked up for the Dragon campaign. That is a pretty accurate representation of what a Drake soldier will look like though.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-07-2007, 09:05 AM
That concept was actually for a Drake hero. I'm not sure if he will be appearing in the game or not, as I haven't seen what the writers have cooked up for the Dragon campaign. That is a pretty accurate representation of what a Drake soldier will look like though.

Sweet! Imagone like 500 of those things. Ownage!!! Oh and one other thing, do these guys breath fire?

Thanks

Ryan Zelazny
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I posted this to your question on RTSC as well, but here we go.

At the moment Drakes do not breathe fire. This may change before the game is released though.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I posted this to your question on RTSC as well, but here we go.

At the moment Drakes do not breathe fire. This may change before the game is released though.

Lol thanks for both answers Ryan. And also do these guys carry any weapons? I think it would look cool if they carried around a spiked club or mace.

Ryan Zelazny
08-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Lol thanks for both answers Ryan. And also do these guys carry any weapons? I think it would look cool if they carried around a spiked club or mace.

If you look on the concept, you'll see the Drake has a scabbard for a rather large sword on his hip.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-09-2007, 01:21 PM
If you look on the concept, you'll see the Drake has a scabbard for a rather large sword on his hip.

Cool. Thanks for bringing that out. Man those guys look awesome.

Sharku
08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Added the Wolf-beast to the Orc units. that guy sounds really interesting.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Added the Wolf-beast to the Orc units. that guy sounds really interesting.

Man can't wait to see him.

Sharku
08-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Man can't wait to see him.I think he might actually be the Orc mount we've heard about.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I think he might actually be the Orc mount we've heard about.

Well I didn't hear about it. Sweet I was wondering what calvalry orcs would have. Now if only I knew what calvalry dragons had? :confused:

Sharku
08-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Well I didn't hear about it. Sweet I was wondering what calvalry orcs would have. Now if only I knew what calvalry dragons had? :confused:They ARE the calvary!

The Witch King of Angmar
08-13-2007, 11:02 AM
They ARE the calvary!

So wolfbeasts are on both the dragon and orc factions?

jap88
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
no...they're just orc i think...

Dragons are their own cavalry is what he meant i think

The Witch King of Angmar
08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
no...they're just orc i think...

Dragons are their own cavalry is what he meant i think

Yeah that's what I kind of figured.

jap88
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
This post should reveal a new human unit...even though it'll probably be something really obvious.

tun tun TUNNNNN!!!

Edit: Tis the Human Mor

Sharku
08-17-2007, 06:50 AM
This post should reveal a new human unit...even though it'll probably be something really obvious.

tun tun TUNNNNN!!!

Edit: Tis the Human MorHad that already :rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar
08-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Had that already :rolleyes:

Don't burst his bubble. Lol. I would like to see the other name at 200 posts for the humans.

jap88
08-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Well, we shall find out once i get there :cool:

The Witch King of Angmar
08-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, we shall find out once i get there :cool:

Maybe it will be like a human beserker with 2 swords. Man that would own!

jap88
08-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Two axes would be better :p Axes own.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Two axes would be better :p Axes own.

Yeah but they would have to be light so he could wield them easily.

jap88
08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Time to add "royal dragon" to the list...whatever that may be.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Time to add "royal dragon" to the list...whatever that may be.

Yeah. I think they should add more names because I'll be at 250 in no time. I might email Ryan about this.

jap88
08-18-2007, 10:05 PM
be sure to add ranger to the list ;)

Actually i would suggest creating a seperate thread for a list of units on each side...Perhaps we can convince Ryan into getting it stickied :p

The Witch King of Angmar
08-19-2007, 05:53 PM
be sure to add ranger to the list ;)

Actually i would suggest creating a seperate thread for a list of units on each side...Perhaps we can convince Ryan into getting it stickied :p

Yeah but this is already a list on that. I wonder if he could just sticky that and maybe just adapt it.

Sharku
08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Could i possibly get some confirmation on these units and if i guessed right on their purposes?

Ryan Zelazny
08-30-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll answer whatever I can Sharku.

SPARROW94
08-30-2007, 08:59 PM
well thats good>>>

Sharku
08-30-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll answer whatever I can Sharku.
Thank you :D I hope that didn't sound like a demand.

Ryan Zelazny
08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you :D I hope that didn't sound like a demand.

Not at all ;)

The Witch King of Angmar
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Could i possibly get some confirmation on these units and if i guessed right on their purposes?

Yeah, I want to know what a Royal Dragon is.

olauwers
08-31-2007, 04:42 PM
I think a Royal Dragon will be some kind of King of the Dragons, and he'll serve as a commander, much like human kings in real life history?

The Witch King of Angmar
08-31-2007, 08:35 PM
I think a Royal Dragon will be some kind of King of the Dragons, and he'll serve as a commander, much like human kings in real life history?

Sweet! I wonder what other units are like the commanders of the other races?

Sharku
08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
I cleaned up the list a little. For those new people it's posted on page 2.

Solomai
09-03-2007, 02:23 AM
The drakes will remain humanoid.

Zel, will the drakes be getting wings? (even just small ones, similar to draconians in AD&D)

I'm thinking that would make them look totally uber

edit: damn, ima hafta start spamming meaningless drivel like some other people on this forum to get my rank up :P (lols)

Darvin
09-03-2007, 02:30 AM
The concept art for drakes does not show them having wings, so they probably won't fly. Besides that point, they're basic foot soldiers and labourers, not the kind of units that usually have flight capabilities.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
The concept art for drakes does not show them having wings, so they probably won't fly. Besides that point, they're basic foot soldiers and labourers, not the kind of units that usually have flight capabilities.

Good point. It would be cool if they could climb the walls or something. Hey just something I thought up; Will castles have moats around them or not? Because if they did they could add drawbridges to it. Man that would be great.

Thanks

jap88
09-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I'd imagine you could get moats...whats a castle without a moat? :p

olauwers
09-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Like a hotel without a swimming pool ;) Good, but it could get just that little bit better.

Micah Hymer
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Certain strongholds/cities may have moats around them as seen in this screenshot from the DawnofFantasy.com website.

http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/media/screen48.jpg

But it will not be standard for most.

Sharku
09-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Yea i don't really like motes. They're usually hard to build and never filled with crocodiles like they need to be.

frankein_fish
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Yea i don't really like motes. They're usually hard to build and never filled with crocodiles like they need to be.

They dosent need to be filled with crocs. Just make it deep enough :D

The Witch King of Angmar
09-04-2007, 03:23 PM
You should be able to build them. Man that would be the best because then you could launce a naval attack on it.

SPARROW94
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
yeah i think it should just be deep

Silent_Lamb
09-04-2007, 03:50 PM
In this case having just a deep moat wouldn't work though. Units can swim, or so the main page has led me to believe, if so it wouldn't be much of a deterrent besides slowing your aggressors down. And if their Orcs, I'm sure they will find the will to make it past your moat if they can swim, and raise some ladders.

Then again if the moats point is to only stop siege equipment and bigger more lumbering beasts I guess it works.

frankein_fish
09-05-2007, 06:21 AM
In this case having just a deep moat wouldn't work though. Units can swim, or so the main page has led me to believe, if so it wouldn't be much of a deterrent besides slowing your aggressors down. And if their Orcs, I'm sure they will find the will to make it past your moat if they can swim, and raise some ladders.

Then again if the moats point is to only stop siege equipment and bigger more lumbering beasts I guess it works.

I think its quite hard to swim with armour on you. And the units without armour are easy targets for archers :p :p

olauwers
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Sure, they can swim. But if you build your moat against your walls, how are they gonna put ladders or stuff like that?

Ryan Zelazny
09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Zel, will the drakes be getting wings? (even just small ones, similar to draconians in AD&D)

I'm thinking that would make them look totally uber

edit: damn, ima hafta start spamming meaningless drivel like some other people on this forum to get my rank up :P (lols)

Hey Solomai, the Drakes will not have wings.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Sure, they can swim. But if you build your moat against your walls, how are they gonna put ladders or stuff like that?

Good point. I just like them overall. For instance to get in through the main gate they would have maybe attack the drawbridge or something and once it is destroyed it would fall over or they could siege it with a navy. More questions, could you, if you had enough space build a castle on an island that just barely has enough room for your castle Ex: waves are hitting against your walls that's how close you are and also, can you build like 2 or 3 doors like back to back so they have to break through multiple gates to get in?

Thanks

Sharku
09-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey Solomai, the Drakes will not have wings.Like tiny wings or big ones folded behind them? Do they also have tails?

Ryan Zelazny
09-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Like tiny wings or big ones folded behind them? Do they also have tails?

No wings Sharku ;)

No tails either.

Chris
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I see all those fizzly unit lists and realize that an integral part is missing from those lists, the very key to the projects success. But I have no idea what it is.

Somewhere else in the world in unknown location:
http://www.waher.net/thudhere.jpg

Ryan Zelazny
09-07-2007, 04:19 PM
For those of you who haven't been following us since 2001. THUD was either the first or second unit we had in DoF, just as a test unit of course.

Chris
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Almost, the basic yellow smileys were the first units in this engine John had programmed (back then it was all 2D in fact). Thud was an emoticon from either our very first or the second forum and he carried his own story, later on I made him in 3D and dropped him ingame when we had a neat engine around. The texture on this thud here is actually the one I used for the 3d ingame model, just a bit higher resolution.

Sadly don't have screenshots of that period myself. Micah (he still around?) might have a few though.

Darvin
09-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Ah, then I'll be in on the inside joke when "Thud" is the name of a hero.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Ah, then I'll be in on the inside joke when "Thud" is the name of a hero.

Lol. He sounds like a wizard with Earth magic. :p

iceblast
09-12-2007, 03:50 PM
:O ownage then

olauwers
09-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Will this unit be available as a cheat unit/editor-only unit?

The Witch King of Angmar
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Will this unit be available as a cheat unit/editor-only unit?

No, I think you get to pick what type of wizard you want.

Puppeteer
09-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Dawn of Fnatasy looks brilliant :) I am looking forward to using the archers on walls, that is my favourite bit of defending against a siege; archers on walls slaughtering units. :P Ogres with clubs would be awesome though.

Ryan Zelazny
09-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks and welcome Puppeteer.

Thud wont be in the single player campaign. He may appear as a map-editor only unit, or perhaps in a video when the end game credits roll.

jap88
09-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Can't wait to make my username "thud" :p

frankein_fish
09-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Can't wait to make my username "thud" :p

Hey dont steal my idea :rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar
09-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Hey dont steal my idea :rolleyes:

Like my BFME name it will be Aflac for me.

Sharku
09-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey dont steal my idea :rolleyes:Then don't steal mine! :cool:

Sharku
09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Added Erian, Prince of the Humans. He's the one featured in the ss.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-14-2007, 08:23 PM
I can't wait to see what he looks like with his black long-sword.

Sharku
10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Added the lindworm which i have no idea what that is.

SPARROW94
10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
but my orger is like the size of the tree of war

ShadowyMoon
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Well now you're a warlord.... Huzzah... I guess...

The Witch King of Angmar
10-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Well now you're a warlord.... Huzzah... I guess...

Your next rank is a dragon I think SM.

SPARROW94
10-03-2007, 07:12 PM
i wannna know what my next rank is i hope its some that can kill an dragon

The Witch King of Angmar
10-04-2007, 05:07 PM
i wannna know what my next rank is i hope its some that can kill an dragon

Hopefully not. :p

SPARROW94
10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
watch it be like dragon hunter

Gareth121
10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I think it would be pretty funny if the admins could give us unique titles based on how we post. Granted, it would be random and completely up to them, but it would still be cool.

Puppeteer
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
yeah, i still don't like crossbowmen

The Witch King of Angmar
10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah, i still don't like crossbowmen

I like them if they're done right. If not they just look like crap.

Gareth121
10-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I hope crossbowmen turn out well. It's nice to have that extra punch against armored targets, even if they lack the range of bows.

frankein_fish
10-19-2007, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I hope crossbowmen turn out well. It's nice to have that extra punch against armored targets, even if they lack the range of bows.

yeah the cross bowmens are efectiv against armour and they where used for like 500 years but they would be quite good against dragons too

Puppeteer
10-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Longbows pack a bigger punch, shame people couldn't be bothered to carry on learning it :(

YaY Swordsmen!

Gareth121
10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Indeed, yay for swords!

I wonder, will there be axemen in the mix as well? I've seen maces, swords and polearms.

frankein_fish
10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Swords men are only good in a big **** mass, Spawning troops at the enemy unless they are supported. on the other hand all units get slautherd if they dont have backup by other troops

Gareth121
10-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Hm, I realize that this might be going into the area of redundancy, but could it be possible for players to select different models of the same weapon (in options outside of active games) to add more variety to their army's look? Perhaps several models will be randomly assigned to troops as they are generated?

The question doesn't have any impact on game mechanics, but it would add some extra flair. It might be a good thing to keep in mind for content patches.

Puppeteer
10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I would like the men to have different skins available, just different colours and emblems to show different houses and families. Also, orcs with different tribal symbols would be great :)

iceblast
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
i will be known as the archer spammer on dof like i was on crusader because the others stand no chance and we didnt need to kill forts like bfme2 and also i spam swords

Puppeteer
10-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I spammed archers, big castle and pikemen on stronghold. On Legends they had a vampyric creature which because of its thick scales was immune to arrows; a few units like that would be good.

frankein_fish
10-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I spammed archers, big castle and pikemen on stronghold. On Legends they had a vampyric creature which because of its thick scales was immune to arrows; a few units like that would be good.

innded it would. lol i sound like teal`c in SGC :p

Ryan Zelazny
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Alright... too many questions to do quotes so I'll just do my best to answer them in turn.

We do not have an axe wielding human, we do have axe wielding orcs, and if Dwarves are released in an expansion you'll be sure to see them wielding some menacing looking axes.

We are planning to have "different" weapons within the game, show on models. I say planning because it is left to a finishing touch at the moment as it isn't a pivotal feature, if we have time, you'll see weapons on your infantry change as they are upgraded to better or different types. Also being considered is "trading" of weaponry where elven players could trade their better bows to humans and such for ingame currency.

Again we are "planning" on having a few skins for each unit type to break up "cookie cutter" armies. We want to minimize the amount however, so players cause still judge at a glance which model is what unit.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Sounds good Ryan. I like the idea of trading to create better units and new strategies.

frankein_fish
10-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Sounds good Ryan. I like the idea of trading to create better units and new strategies.

Its nice to be able to combine units by trading weapon. However it can turn out bad too.

Gareth121
10-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I can see a downfall to that. Eventually, players will figure out a combination that will pigeon-hole them into a 'necessary' path in order to win. I think that factions should stick with their own traits and only be able to trade resources.

Perhaps an alternative would be to have faction affinities. The more you ally with other races, your affinity would increase with them until you get a certain point. After that, you can unlock research that gives sort of hybrid troops/items. Of course, building affinity would take a long time, and allying with opposing factions would lower affinity with another, so you can't get everything.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I can see a downfall to that. Eventually, players will figure out a combination that will pigeon-hole them into a 'necessary' path in order to win. I think that factions should stick with their own traits and only be able to trade resources.

Perhaps an alternative would be to have faction affinities. The more you ally with other races, your affinity would increase with them until you get a certain point. After that, you can unlock research that gives sort of hybrid troops/items. Of course, building affinity would take a long time, and allying with opposing factions would lower affinity with another, so you can't get everything.

I was thinking that as well. Or you could just scrap the hybrid units and trade resources such as gold and stone for economical value.

frankein_fish
10-25-2007, 01:21 AM
I was thinking that as well. Or you could just scrap the hybrid units and trade resources such as gold and stone for economical value.

That would work too, and it would be the simpliest way of trading so you can turn attention to the battle instead of trying to find the best weapon combination