PDA

View Full Version : Dragons?

ash12181987
07-31-2008, 09:00 AM
I was reading the Lighthouse release... I see Dragons, I hear dragons, but in the release it says: "3 distinct races: Humans, Orcs, Elves"

Are dragons no longer part of the picture?

Konstantin Fomenko
07-31-2008, 09:05 AM
We all knew this would be the first reaction - I hate to do this - but I can`t answer this question directly.:) Hope bellow works for an answer:

Lets put it this way - Dragons are not official confirmed as a playable race.
So - we don`t guarantee Dragons will be in the game as a playable function anymore.:( But if they are not in at the release, they`ll be in after - be at as a content booster or mini-expansion. But hey - Dragons might make it in after all - you never know. And if not - well you`d still get to "hire" dragons playing as other races.

ash12181987
07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Thank you Konstantin :)

Very good, sounds very reasonable as is.

olauwers
07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Buh-buh... No dragons? Oh well, I'm sure you'll have your reasons.

Though, this content-booster/mini-expansion... Will it be a free download?

raving
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
prob small fee, depending how big of an content it is :).
ah well, not that big of a deal for me. Wanted to see dragons and play them maybe once. Seems that we just have to wait a bit longer to play them :p

Jean=A=Luc
07-31-2008, 10:25 AM
They said there would initially be a small fee for the new content but it would eventually become free for those who are willing to wait.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh crap. That would really be bad. My whole sect name would be for nothing. I guess I'll just go Men then if Dragons are out.

raving
07-31-2008, 03:32 PM
i feel sorry for you then witch king :). Join the elves, we got trees :cool:.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't know. I like humans better then elves.

Mrdash
07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
That sucks for all you dragon fans. =-D

*Glances at Witch King*

raving
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
its all about personal choise. Atm im just chosing elves cause they look the coolest for me atm ^^. But if i notice ingame that humans are more fun then im a human :D.

cherbui
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
i was a maze with that dragon screen shot taking on the orcs. i was wonder if it's playable, ( wishing ) would it be an unfair fight if ur dragon just go around plucking pple up ? lol:D

iceblast
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
We all knew this would be the first reaction - I hate to do this - but I can`t answer this question directly.:) Hope bellow works for an answer:

Lets put it this way - Dragons are not official confirmed as a playable race.
So - we don`t guarantee Dragons will be in the game as a playable function anymore.:( But if they are not in at the release, they`ll be in after - be at as a content booster or mini-expansion. But hey - Dragons might make it in after all - you never know. And if not - well you`d still get to "hire" dragons playing as other races.

don't you dare release the game with no dragons as faction :p joke.

Actually i could see certain advantages with not adding dragon as a faction for release.

1). People can mod in some funny unique dragon factions
2). You can make it an expansion.

But i would of liked to see vikings or Dwarves as a expansion faction or Maybe 2 new ones like rotwk did arnor and angmar

nickson104
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
:( i was looking forward to dragons so much.... i guess i will have to make do without... i shall remove myself from the dragon sect theres not much point in remaining there now :( orcs or humans now ah well i can still take satisfaction of watching an orc brutally mauling an elf :) i guess thats my last comfort now that i cant burn their forest to the ground :/

I hope its not custom content, an addon maybe expansion also but not custom content, having that many individual things is not too smart, it wont look too good :/

Esculas the Mighty
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
even these are my rateing

1.elves
2.humans
3.dwarves
4. orc
5. dragons
IM SAD TO SEE THEM GO :eek:
because who else am i gonna figth thats not very predictable dragons are so new i wont know what to expect orcs i expect heavy hitters ,large numbers,fearsome warriors/human i expect it to be well rounded other elves lol im a elf and everyone knows dwarves

Neotyguy40
07-31-2008, 08:41 PM
WTF??? This is the biggest part of the game!!! Almost EVERYONE wants dragons!!! Why the heck did you cancel it!!! You had screenshots, gameplay videos and more on the dragons!!!

*sob*

wou129
08-01-2008, 08:10 AM
dont like it ether but it isnt seure jet

raving
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
:( i was looking forward to dragons so much.... i guess i will have to make do without... i shall remove myself from the dragon sect theres not much point in remaining there now :( orcs or humans now ah well i can still take satisfaction of watching an orc brutally mauling an elf :) i guess thats my last comfort now that i cant burn their forest to the ground :/

I hope its not custom content, an addon maybe expansion also but not custom content, having that many individual things is not too smart, it wont look too good :/

1 step of your foul orc feet in my forest and youre leaving with 1 foot less :o.

Esculas the Mighty
08-02-2008, 08:08 AM
1 step of your foul orc feet in my forest and youre leaving with 1 foot less :o.

u can kill the orcs ill kill the dragons lets be allies ;)

The Witch King of Angmar
08-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Dragons may still prevail. Don't think you have won yet.

raving
08-02-2008, 12:49 PM
u can kill the orcs ill kill the dragons lets be allies ;)
lets :D and if you need help just give me a call moehahahahaha. ^^

frankein_fish
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Dont take humans for sissies either :D :p

Grizzlez
08-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I have a feeling they have been removed for custom content for the Xbox360. A lot of games leave bits out or bring more in to make a bit more money from fans. Even if you aren't going to have them as a faction or release later, leave in the models and anims etc, that way modders can put them in later for those who want them.

raving
08-03-2008, 02:18 AM
they have very powerfull modding devices at oure disposal when the game comes out.

LordSlayer
08-03-2008, 05:40 AM
:eek: NOOOOOOO!!!!

If they don't realese drsgons with the retail game, I won't be able to burn the punny elves in their big ugly forests :( , and i won't be able to incinerate hordes of stupid goblin archers because they can't hit my dragons :( nor will be able to make cooked tin cans out of human knights :(

Esculas the Mighty
08-03-2008, 09:09 AM

If they don't realese drsgons with the retail game, I won't be able to burn the punny elves in their big ugly forests :( , and i won't be able to incinerate hordes of stupid goblin archers because they can't hit my dragons :( nor will be able to make cooked tin cans out of human knights :(

awwwww i challenge you :cool: as soon as our noobie barrier wears of we battle :)

raving
08-04-2008, 01:31 AM

same challenge as esculas the mighty ;).

iceblast
08-04-2008, 10:23 AM
why is everyone obsessed with dragons lol.

Reverie should make it for expansion pack with 2 new races plus they will get more money when we have to buy another game lol i dont mind doing that if the game is good.

Esculas the Mighty
08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
why is everyone obsessed with dragons lol.

Reverie should make it for expansion pack with 2 new races plus they will get more money when we have to buy another game lol i dont mind doing that if the game is good.

i dunno im always against the majority

but i think its because most here are lord of the rings fans

or think dragons can just fly over cities and burn them down ( they refuse to think arrows seige nor magic can get them from up there) being that they think dragons are the OP race ( over-powered you know if u ever played age of mythology isis makes and bakes the cake at being OP)

Esculas the Mighty
08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
aww man ima tree of war now i post to damn much

iceblast
08-04-2008, 08:04 PM
i got AOM, which units are OP i want to win a match for once

Esculas the Mighty
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM

it all depends which civ do you use and i will tell u all about it if i do all the civs it would end up too long and u prob wouldnt want to read it

but i can play u if you want

i use oranos on random map rated only any other type of game its random so i know about all the civs

Generation
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
i saw an image of a dragon on gamespot.com so guys check it out

Esculas the Mighty
08-04-2008, 11:02 PM
i saw an image of a dragon on gamespot.com so guys check it out

no link im quite lazy ;(

iceblast
08-05-2008, 05:40 AM
can u do a new thread for doing the greek empire thxs.

I don't think Dragons will become a part.

Wouldn't it be cooler if we got 2 new races (or one) and more parts of the this new world to explore that would be great.

LordSlayer
08-05-2008, 06:10 AM
can u do a new thread for doing the greek empire thxs.

I don't think Dragons will become a part.

Wouldn't it be cooler if we got 2 new races (or one) and more parts of the this new world to explore that would be great.

They won't realese other races at realese, other races (like undead, dwarves ... ) are for expensions. If they don't include dragon in the base DoF, then we are starting with 3 races instead of four, plus dragons are probably way closer to being completed then any other future races.

iceblast
08-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I DID say i want dragons for expansions. not a patch or just peaked after release -_-

Esculas the Mighty
08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
ill cover the greeks in off-topic

actually ice blast it would be alot easier if you picked a certain greek god a full greek explanation could take 3 pages O.O

i recommend hades or zues i dont know much about posiedon because hes the worst god in game

olauwers
08-14-2008, 09:17 AM

They are called Titans, welcome aboard.

If you're playing Vanilla (which is probably more fun), go for the Norse, Fire and Ice Giants. Spawn those. You'll love it. I once won a game with just 6 fire giants (I had luck with the terrain, though.)

Esculas the Mighty
08-14-2008, 09:44 AM
They are called Titans, welcome aboard.

If you're playing Vanilla (which is probably more fun), go for the Norse, Fire and Ice Giants. Spawn those. You'll love it. I once won a game with just 6 fire giants (I had luck with the terrain, though.)

a vanilla player would think titans are OP
which they really arent when you know what your doing

theres many ways to get titans and prevent them from even happening
beating a fast-titan strategy is even possible hard but possible

Eaglecrys
08-31-2008, 03:10 PM
No dragons = no playing for me. Sorry but I have played alot of other rts style games that let you hire a dragon or use a dragon. BAH. The idea of actualy being one as a race option was a huge change. Keeping a eye on the game still. Hope it delivers more than just another game where a dragon is a one minute wonder.

Puppeteer
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Eh? It's a whole faction itself. Unless you are planning on playing it only for a minute, there's a 100% chance it won't be.

iceblast
08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
ok go to red alert 3 then were you can get another animal for a change golphinos.

Eaglecrys
08-31-2008, 03:26 PM
one minute wonder meaning no story to the dragons, less in depth meaning and more of it becoming just a unit you use cause it is cool or does a good job.

I do not wish to play a dragon cause I am hoping for a I win button. I wish to play a dragon race so I can draw myself into the game on a new level while playing it.

Mrdash
08-31-2008, 04:36 PM
I do not wish to play a dragon cause I am hoping for a I win button. I wish to play a dragon race so I can draw myself into the game on a new level while playing it.

BOOYA!! ( To the new lvl thing im still not a "full" dragon suporter...) =-D

nickson104
09-01-2008, 06:21 AM
BOOYA!! ( To the new lvl thing im still not a "full" dragon suporter...) =-D

i am... :p and i agree booya! :p well said eaglecrys but whether they will or wont be included is completely up to the developers and if they leave them out they will be included at some later point and it will have a good reason such as being incomplete, you wouldnt want a glitchy race to be playing as would you?

Eaglecrys
09-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I would not wish to play a glitchy race. Main reason I will keep a eye on this game and put money into it as well. I am sure as are most there must be a good reason for the change in plans on the devs part or at least hoping so. I guess time will tell.

Will be great to see you all on the battlefields.

Puppeteer
09-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Where's all this scepticism for the Dragons come from all of a sudden? There may be no info, but that's not because there's a dearth of ideas for them...

Mrdash
09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
And anyway eaglcrys they said they would probably have them in a download/booster afterwards.

nickson104
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
And anyway eaglcrys they said they would probably have them in a download/booster afterwards.

Eek not booster noooo :p
And i hope they dont make it into like some custom content based thing, i hate editors they dont like me... :p

The Witch King of Angmar
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I think they will have an expansion and not a booster. It would be too cheesy.

nickson104
09-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I think they will have an expansion and not a booster. It would be too cheesy.

i agree, i dont mind expansions :) dragons and dark elves would be an awesome expansion :p

Mrdash
09-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Bring on the undead not more elves!!!!

olauwers
09-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Dragons and dwarves, they're the only ones that make a nice alliteration :D

Jean=A=Luc
09-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Alliteration, lol. :p

Puppeteer
09-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Amen to that, Mrdash! :D

The Witch King of Angmar
09-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Why not all 3?

Mrdash
09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I guess it depends on how advanced the dragons and undead would be...then mabey they could add Dwarves......(blech I hate dwarves.)

Puppeteer
09-06-2008, 04:10 PM
That's 3 factions, which is the same amount as the original game! That's a lot of models, skins, animations, coding...

The Witch King of Angmar
09-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I kind of meant in more than 1 expansion.

Onebadterran
09-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I absolutely love dragons. Obviously there are complications with the whole "creating the race" thing but if it is ever done as dragons being a seperate race then I would probbaly never stop playing this game (huge dragon fan).

The Witch King of Angmar
09-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Way to go Idaho! I know that was corny but I totally agree. The thing that actually got me into researching the game was the men strongholds but I will be playing dragons as my #1 for right now or when they come out.

Eaglecrys
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM

part of replying to what was said in this forum about dragons is nothing more than making sure someones voice is heard on what a responce would be if they were to go away or become something they should not be.

Nothing more than a means of letting the developers know what at least some of the fan base would think. Even if this is already known it is one of the lovely things about having a forum for what one would hope would be filled with constructive comments or criticism.

So far this forum is full of people with intelligence and that is refreshing. As of yet at least in subjects on dragons have yet to find a person I would not be willing to call friend.

Here is to all of those that have a dream of being a dragon and all that that should mean.

If I may add on a side note and here is also to hoping that if and when they do put the dragons in that the story and lore to them helps to bring a player into their character.

Mrdash
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I like the way you think dude.

He thinks we are intelligent!! =D

Esculas the Mighty
10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
I like the way you think dude.

He thinks we are intelligent!! =D

i feel like the elves are kept behind cracked doors lol almost as much as dragons are kept behind closed ones

btw your playing aoe3? who are you laming? lol

Mrdash
10-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey I'm not gonna waste the cash I spent on it. Besides I love the time and units, you know sorta musketeers and cannons.

But no I usualy play GW. Its just AoE3 online games take forever.

And why did you just go offtopic keep to the point man! =D

kronlc
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey I'm not gonna waste the cash I spent on it. Besides I love the time and units, you know sorta musketeers and cannons.

Its just AoE3 online games take forever.

I owned a noob in a 11 minute rush last night.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Please stay on topic.

nickson104
10-24-2008, 06:31 AM

But no I usualy play GW. Its just AoE3 online games take forever.

And why did you just go offtopic keep to the point man! =D

Whats your GW main chars name? :) add me :) my chars name is Midget And A Scythe hope to see you in game mate :)

Puppeteer
10-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Ahem!

i feel like the elves are kept behind cracked doors lol almost as much as dragons are kept behind closed ones
Hardly! That's outrageous exaggeration

Mrdash
10-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Cool mines Mrdash Fletcher. Ok back on topic. =-D

cherbui
10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
SO OUT OF CURIOSITY ... if we kill a dragon... can we use it as body as food resources or resources ? :D since looting the dead is one thing ^^ eating a dragon is another lol :rolleyes: :p

Esculas the Mighty
10-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Ahem!

Hardly! That's outrageous exaggeration

maybe but if there's more elven info please link me too it ive only see walls and 2 units

Puppeteer
10-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Hows about trying the main website and the update topics...

Esculas the Mighty
10-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Hows about trying the main website and the update topics...

thats where i have gotten all the information i already have

Puppeteer
10-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Then look harder. There's far more than 2 units and walls.

Esculas the Mighty
10-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Then look harder. There's far more than 2 units and walls.

eh yea there is 2 different types of units walls and o yea the tree thingy and thats about it

Mrdash
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Uh one thougth....you guys said dragons won't be in this game (mabey) but that a race can "hire" a dragon....

So when you guys put dragons into the game (at launch or via expansion/booster will dragons be able to hire dragons?

Just out of curiosity.....=D

The Witch King of Angmar
11-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't necessarily like that idea. They aren't mercenaries or anything. I'd think they'd be nuetral if anything.

MrBlack103
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd think they'd be nuetral if anything.

Unless only one other faction has lots of gold to steal and hoard.:p

Jean=A=Luc
11-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Dragon mercs ftw. :p

Esculas the Mighty
11-11-2008, 07:42 PM
elves will make that OP

elves + dragons = pwnall

Andy Joslin
11-11-2008, 09:59 PM
elves will make that OP

elves + dragons = pwnall
Pfff...I'll just send in my army of ogres, knights, and crossbowmen. Pellet that dragon with crossbow bolts, and trample the wimpy lil' pointy-eared elves. :)

@The questions about mercs: Can't disclose anything about mercenaries.

Esculas the Mighty
11-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Pfff...I'll just send in my army of ogres, knights, and crossbowmen. Pellet that dragon with crossbow bolts, and trample the wimpy lil' pointy-eared elves. :)

@The questions about mercs: Can't disclose anything about mercenaries.

yay someone finally goes against me when i say something like i that xD

nothing to do with mercs but will there be other soldiers available through quests?

Kaeleb
11-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Well I think that if they removed the Dragon race , it would be to keep a certain balance between the races , not talking on a strength level , I mean like where would be the fun in having the Majority of the players ( Everybody loves dragons lol ) playing the same race ...... It kinda gets boring ( btw i never posted b4 cause i just heard abt this game lol )

Esculas the Mighty
11-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Well I think that if they removed the Dragon race , it would be to keep a certain balance between the races , not talking on a strength level , I mean like where would be the fun in having the Majority of the players ( Everybody loves dragons lol ) playing the same race ...... It kinda gets boring ( btw i never posted b4 cause i just heard abt this game lol )

the combined numbers of human elven and orc players = dragon players

The Witch King of Angmar
11-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Plus nobody would have air control either (at least I think so) making it more fair.

Esculas the Mighty
11-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Plus nobody would have air control either (at least I think so) making it more fair.

eh im not too worried about dragons in the sky

shouldn't destroy the balance at all

its like a dragons ace

like the humans get more heroes and the elven get im not too sure... but maybe the giant garrison-able walking tree which archers can fire from :)

The Witch King of Angmar
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
I personally think it's huge becuase everyone except archers and ranged units are dead. :p

Esculas the Mighty
11-24-2008, 09:01 PM
I personally think it's huge becuase everyone except archers and ranged units are dead. :p

but but

if u keep your archers with your infantry and keep your cavalry on the move the dragon wont foolishly chase the horsemen or try to attack the infantry men while being shot down by arrow bolts

not to mention simply shooting it with ballista or striking it with magic

unless the dragon is so pwnage it can switch between flight and ground and be equally as devastating on both

The Witch King of Angmar
11-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Lol, I'd still try to kill them. :D