PDA

View Full Version : Resource Management

FoxBlood
08-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Awesome job on the game's progress guys but can we have a resource management tool to set a max limit on specific resources to store?

Often times I'm finding that when I log back in, 1 resource is almost drained while 1 or 2 others are competing for the available storage space. Not even sure if it's a bug that we can have negative resources and that we can't create/transfer resources to an army to even things out. Once I logged in and found I have -1000 something on food and it's not fun shifting resource gathering and waiting for it to get fixed up.

Torgrim
08-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I would like that aswell, what I do in the meantime is selling the surplus in my own market to get gold to buy the things i have low in stock.

vantagal
08-10-2011, 05:59 PM
I think this would be a good addition. I would also like trade routes personally, from either my homeland to NPC towns, or to local players - if we can see their cities soon.

Thoughts?

//vantagal

weyll
08-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Ppl programmed trade routes for resources above max limit looks fine.

andreicde
08-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I support the idea. having a trade route with nearby npc cities or alliance members automatically is much better then making an army every time just to change resources.Although we should be able to do that too in case we want to buy something from a player town.

Bladestorm99
08-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Id like this thread to be active so ill post my ideas as well

The game is great, but it seams you reach a point of stagnation, where youve upgraded your stuff, built your walls, made your army, this was so mutch fun to do, but somehow seams there is some lack of content, your hometown could support more maximum population, and more buildings, like the orks, would be fun making 5 Warg pens, to produce food, instead of having just one, that serves for your needs. And having a Reforester building, that could plant trees to replace the ones cut, although orks replanting seams a bit O_o i know xD, but just to give a small example.

Also areas should give specific advantages and disadavntages, a desert Ork, should have lots of stone/gold, few wood and worse food production, by this i mean, lesser deer to hunt, this would be ocercome by placing warg pens all around, planing for a future meat production. A swamp ork would have tons of wood, few gold/stone lots of food, this could player could create automatic trade lanes with other players in diferent realms, this could make guild wars way more fun, figth for resources then figth for power.

I rly wished we could either capture or create these smaler vilages where we could gather resources to our homeland, like a small kingdom, there could be the stone village, the gold village these would be raided often by NPC and Players alike, these would be your resource giving areas since your homeland is saturated (reducing homeland gold/stone production), its a bit asking to mutch i know but just some ideas.

The elfs need a storage area to drop theyr recources, its a bit unfun to see them collect stuff, and stay in theyr place, they need action in theyr city, movement!!!.

andreicde
08-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Id like this thread to be active so ill post my ideas as well

The game is great, but it seams you reach a point of stagnation, where youve upgraded your stuff, built your walls, made your army, this was so mutch fun to do, but somehow seams there is some lack of content, your hometown could support more maximum population, and more buildings, like the orks, would be fun making 5 Warg pens, to produce food, instead of having just one, that serves for your needs. And having a Reforester building, that could plant trees to replace the ones cut, although orks replanting seams a bit O_o i know xD, but just to give a small example.

Also areas should give specific advantages and disadavntages, a desert Ork, should have lots of stone/gold, few wood and worse food production, by this i mean, lesser deer to hunt, this would be ocercome by placing warg pens all around, planing for a future meat production. A swamp ork would have tons of wood, few gold/stone lots of food, this could player could create automatic trade lanes with other players in diferent realms, this could make guild wars way more fun, figth for resources then figth for power.

I rly wished we could either capture or create these smaler vilages where we could gather resources to our homeland, like a small kingdom, there could be the stone village, the gold village these would be raided often by NPC and Players alike, these would be your resource giving areas since your homeland is saturated (reducing homeland gold/stone production), its a bit asking to mutch i know but just some ideas.

The elfs need a storage area to drop theyr recources, its a bit unfun to see them collect stuff, and stay in theyr place, they need action in theyr city, movement!!!.

areas do give specific advantages and disadvantages actually.If you look when you make your kingdom,first thing you do after you select your race is the place and each has specific stuff.

White935
10-08-2011, 03:03 AM
my own market to get gold to buy the things i have low in stock.

Humans has this already as a racial building.

ps: are you reviving old threads?