PDA

View Full Version : Beta Downloader keeps crashing! :(

Ghettobird52
07-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi there i am really urged to play this beta and help you guys out! :) But for some reason my Dawn of fantasy Updater keeps crashing getting a window screen saying that it is no longer working!! at the start of the download it said 13,5XXfiles left i believe. now 5 hours later it says11622 files!!!that is with 3 crashes stopping the download. :( im not sure if mine updater is working correctly maybe is. thank you all for your input cant wait to see you out there! :)

herb
07-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Check to make sure you've got enough space on your hard drive, that was causing crashes for me earlier. 8 GB, to be safe (the files are around 4).

Skjuludde
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Same thing is happening to me. I only get about 40 or so files in then it crashes. Crashed twice and virtually gotten nowhere. And yes I do have enough space on my harddrive

weegreenbeastie
08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Same thing is happening to me. I only get about 40 or so files in then it crashes. Crashed twice and virtually gotten nowhere. And yes I do have enough space on my harddrive

Yeah I get the same issue 30 to 40 files windows error.. then restart

Konstantin Fomenko
08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Try downloading the new beta client here, this way u`ll only need to update like 1000 files or so. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J9NT2FZD

Choki
08-21-2011, 03:49 PM
I still have the same problem, is not hard drive space and dont work whit that Konstantin Fomenko

weegreenbeastie
08-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Try downloading the new beta client here, this way u`ll only need to update like 1000 files or so. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J9NT2FZD

Cheers worked like a charm :)

Asquizarius
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM

Is this the standard location you post new updaters to? I have needed renewing and downloading all updaters since the massive patching started a little while ago. If this location is faster then through this forum that would be a help.

A.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Now that`s just the installer - all the updates are directly from the updater at this point.

Does this new massive updates crash the Updater for you again?

Tyler Dodge
08-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone,
could you post the contents of your updater-log.txt on this thread please? It should be in your dawn of fantasy directory, typically in C:\Program Files\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy\.

crazyb0b
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
I have basically given up on trying to install the game. I have downloaded/redownloaded/installed/uninstalled/etc/etc/etc probably 25+ times and I am always getting the updater crash after a few minutes (most recent download was today promptly followed by a bunch of crashes and me uninstalling again).

weegreenbeastie
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone,
could you post the contents of your updater-log.txt on this thread please? It should be in your dawn of fantasy directory, typically in C:\Program Files\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy\.

Yeah I am back to needing to update 1556 files.. was fine yesterday but now need to update them all again..and back to craching every 30 to 40 files... checked the log and it only has yesterdays information.Tag:DEBUG

TimeStamp:21/08/2011 21:13:36

Details:Version Cache Data

Non Verified File Count : 0

Files Added Count : 11815

Saved File Count : 11815

crazyb0b
08-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Tag:Error

TimeStamp:8/22/2011 2:30:27 PM

Details:System.IO.IOException: File does not exist
at DoFServer.Files.FileTypes.UpdaterFile.UpdaterFileF actory.FromFile(String rootDirectory, String fileName, HashAlgorithm cryptoProvider)
at DoFUpdater.Workers.VerifyPass.run(Queue`1 files)
at DoFUpdater.Workers.UpdaterWorker.doWork()

TimeStamp:8/22/2011 3:29:27 PM

at DoFServer.Files.FileTypes.UpdaterFile.UpdaterFileF actory.FromFile(String rootDirectory, String fileName, HashAlgorithm cryptoProvider)

Asquizarius
08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Now that`s just the installer - all the updates are directly from the updater at this point.

Does this new massive updates crash the Updater for you again?

Nope, I get three error messages now. Everything downloads fine, but when checking those 6k files, I get the next screen saying: Game files require update. I just installed and ran the new updater though.

Errormessage reads:

Error: Access to the path: 'C/Program Files (x86)/Reverie World Studios/Dawn of Fantasy/Sound/vo_fr/men/kw' is denied.

Error: Access to the path: 'C/Program Files (x86)/Reverie World Studios/Dawn of Fantasy/Sound/vo_fr/men/economy' is denied.

crazyb0b
08-23-2011, 03:41 AM

Well, I figured I would download this and give it one last shot to see if I could actually get the updater to update and not crash......

TimeStamp:8/22/2011 2:30:27 PM

TimeStamp:8/22/2011 3:29:27 PM

TimeStamp:8/23/2011 4:24:17 AM

After about 25-30 attempts at downloading/redownloading/installing/uninstalling/etc I am finally giving up on this game. It is a real shame too since I have been waiting for a persistent RTSMMO since Saga's developers completely abandoned the game to work on EU and a new release.
:-(

Hope everyone else gets their problems fixed. Im out.

kev0819
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
hey,

just wondered if anyone else was having this problem or if you can point me in the right direction to fix it, ive tried reinstalling and now pretty stuck for ideas

Tyler Dodge
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
hey,

just wondered if anyone else was having this problem or if you can point me in the right direction to fix it, ive tried reinstalling and now pretty stuck for ideas

Hey Kev0819,
this thread is a bit old. Could you see if you have a file called queuedDownloads.txt in your dawn of fantasy directory, and upload it to this thread http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4150&page=11