PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Game / Payment and Stuff.

Aggro
07-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Heya.
Im DLing the game right now.
I saw some screens, and i <3 <3 <3 what ive seen.

Is this game as good as it looks like?

Now, i was reading u gotta pay for it once to play, will there be options like paying with Wallie Card (for example)? I hope its not only with Credit Card. I simply got none. :)

And its in CB right now, right?
Once it enters OB, are there still resets planed?

Sorry for all these questions. But i must know that, if this game is at least almost as good as it looks like, im pretty sure it'll become my main game. :D

GPS51
07-23-2011, 10:21 AM
It's now in open beta. Anyone can get in. As I understand it you'll be able to go into a store and buy it and probably dl it as well. So cash/check/etc would work in a store.

Aggro
07-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Ok.
The question is, if it will be popular enough to get it in a store in my country. :D

Alex Walz
07-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Where are you from?

iomazzoli
07-23-2011, 12:17 PM
there is a way to prevent the game goes in spurts? please answer soon!!!!!

Alex Walz
07-23-2011, 12:36 PM
My apologies, but I'm not following your question. Would you be able to rephrase it? :)

Aedric
07-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I think he is referring to lag, which might be more on his end.

ash12181987
07-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Well here is a question: Will it be on Steam, or will there be a service we can pay and download it, vs. having to get it in a store. I ask because my local gamespot is a POS, and has like half a rack devoted to computer games. I see no way in hades that it will carried at the local store. This usually isn't a problem though, because I just use steam and or other similar services.

Aedric
07-23-2011, 03:39 PM
I think all Gamestops are like that now. I am curious was well though if it will be offered on Steam.

Alex Walz
07-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Ah, if you're having performance problems, try checking the graphic settings in the Options menu from the game's main menu. You can lower various settings to help run the game smoother.

Well here is a question: Will it be on Steam, or will there be a service we can pay and download it, vs. having to get it in a store. I ask because my local gamespot is a POS, and has like half a rack devoted to computer games. I see no way in hades that it will carried at the local store. This usually isn't a problem though, because I just use steam and or other similar services.
I can't say anything about whether or not the game will be on Steam, but it will be available via digital distribution - ideal for countries where DOF will not be available in stores.

Aggro
07-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Im from germany.
I dont think theres lots of players here right now from germany.
But hey.... i do my best to change that :)

Well..... and i got a friend to join already..... but here in this thread ive been told its OB.... he still needs a key..... hmmm??
Where could he get it from? RTSguru i think doesnt offer them anymore now... but why a key for OB anyway??

Alex Walz
07-23-2011, 07:54 PM
He can get a beta key from the top right corner of the forums. :)

And as far as I know, Dawn of Fantasy will be in select stores in Germany, as well as localized in German. :)

ash12181987
07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Cheers Alex, thank you for the quick reply

laminblake
07-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Remember, the game is in beta and as such its probably in debug mode which will really hamper your computer's performance as the game is recording all the log details in the background. At least thats how ive seen other betas run the past.