PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial?

D0uble0
07-21-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi, I just managed to get a Beta key which I am really pleased about, but I don't really know where to start :S I started an online kingdom with the elves and within the first 5 minutes had all my units wiped out by some ogres. I now have no resources to build anything else :( Have I missed a basic tutorial somewhere as I can't seem to find much in the "help" in game or anything here. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

TheGreatest
07-21-2011, 08:23 AM
lol the first quest are kinda a tutorial. Just use common sense. Don't rush huge armies with your few units. On the orc side your hero can solo everything on the map with some hit and run tactics or just using some ogres.
The only real danger is the ogres. Tank them with the hero and then use archers and as an elf you got loads of them so should be fairly easy.

GPS51
07-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah there's not really a tutorial as such. There is a help menu up in the right hand corner. Other then that I guess just wait for a tutorial to be put in.

D0uble0
07-21-2011, 08:42 AM
lol thanks. I was kind of looking about and getting my bearings when a couple of ogres attacked and wiped out my units :( I realise the first few quests are kind of a tutorial but now i'm left with nothing and n no resources to rebuild, just thought i may have missed something lol. Ah well. I shall remember to use my Hero next time ;) cheers

TheGreatest
07-21-2011, 10:59 AM
If you didn't already you are better of restarting when stuff like that happens.

Alex Walz
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
We plan on creating a tutorial, but it's low priority so it will go in last - might even be patched in. But there's the in-game Help section, and devan69 did a great job writing a game guide (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3044), where you can also find the text of the game manual.

ash12181987
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Not to be a pain, but tutorials are rather nice to have for new players... Makes it less daunting. Yes, even if it is common sense.

I mean, I understand everyone is working their combined ass off, just saying.

SpriteStomper
07-22-2011, 04:42 PM
If you look in the Beta Forum there is a thread in Beta Discussion and Suggestions - Beginner's Guide. If you look through that it will give you an idea of what to do and expect in the Online Kingdom.