PDA

View Full Version : PvP - Guild based warfare/territory conquest

Thuull
07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I am hoping for kingdom based territory conquest on a large scale. I'm hoping that there will be a server on which alliances of guilds can form their own kingdoms, and battle it out with other kingdoms for "ownership" of prime territory. I'm hoping for outright feudal political based intrigue will be viable in game, where guilds swear fealty to other guilds, which swear fealty to kingdoms, which war with other kingdoms over in game resources, even if said resources are nothing but territory on a map.

I loved Shadowbane, and I hope against hope that DoF can be something like that, except at the RTS level instead of the individual character level.

Who else is looking for something like this when it comes to multiplayer/PvP?

ash12181987
07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I am hoping for kingdom based territory conquest on a large scale. I'm hoping that there will be a server on which alliances of guilds can form their own kingdoms, and battle it out with other kingdoms for "ownership" of prime territory. I'm hoping for outright feudal political based intrigue will be viable in game, where guilds swear fealty to other guilds, which swear fealty to kingdoms, which war with other kingdoms over in game resources, even if said resources are nothing but territory on a map.

I loved Shadowbane, and I hope against hope that DoF can be something like that, except at the RTS level instead of the individual character level.

Who else is looking for something like this when it comes to multiplayer/PvP?

You sir, have a good idea here.

I like this myself as well. Allows for some sort of RP to be used even on the scale we're talking. You could do some serious game of thrones junk by using this as your backdrop.

Thuull
07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
A little known fact is that Shadowbane was loosely based on the Game of Thrones series...way, way back before anyone really knew that it'd be such a big hit.

GPS51
07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
We can but hope. I know that this won't happen at release but I'm hoping that 6 months after release we could see this :)