PDA

View Full Version : Beta Update - Claim Your Keys

Alex Walz
07-18-2011, 01:50 PM
UPDATE: Just received word that the keys are not 100% ready and may only verify those who have been around for a month or longer - so if your request is not approved, just try again in a couple hours and we'll keep you updated. Thanks!

Hey all,
On behalf of Reverie World, I'd like to once again apologize for the recent problems with the beta key registry. We were having some problems with the system which caused only the earliest sign-ups to be counted.

To make up for this, we have decided to launch the true Open Beta early! This means that keys can be claimed in a free-for-all fashion without waiting on any emails. To claim your key, log-in or register a forum account, and head on over here (http://dof.reverieworld.com/openbeta.php). If you are eligible for a beta key, you will be able to get started immediately with a key number and an activation link! :) The first 4,000 applicants will be eligible for a key.

Once again, we apologize that we will not be able to send out keys to those who signed up via email, but to make up for it, I will personally send a key to anyone with a registration date before July 15th who PMs me after we are out of the 4,000 keys.

Happy testing!

Alex Walz
07-18-2011, 01:52 PM
I have also closed all earlier beta announcement threads so we can consolidate posts to better respond to your inquiries. :)

GPS51
07-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks Alex. This is very exciting news. SIGN UP NOW.

kungfuchknoodle
07-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I was wondering if you meant wait a couple hours and try the apply button again, or wait a couple hours before trying to PM.

And by can only verify those who have been around a month or longer, is that just the apply button, or is it that you personally can only verify people who have been around a month or longer?

Matsedal
07-18-2011, 04:18 PM
The key is unpressable...

Alex Walz
07-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Wait 12 hours, and then try again and PM me if it still doesn't work. :) I will help out anyone with a registration date before July 15th.

And what do you mean by the key is unpressable? It's not supposed to be pressed - copy it and paste it when the installer asks for it.

kungfuchknoodle
07-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I think he means the apply button, it can end up under the terms of use and etc. if the window is too small (at least thats what can cause it for me).

You can just hit tab until the button is selected in your browser and then hit enter. Assuming this is the problem, and resizing doesn't fix it.

Edit: oh, and thanks for the clarification, though I think we have different definitions of a "couple" hours. ;)

Matsedal
07-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Didnt relize that the "open beta" was for pre 15/7 only.

Although im sure i registerd a account on this site long ago with another mail, have you had a inactive account whipe?

Pbravo
07-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Well I joined in on july 13th or 14th (about the second I got wind of this game) and got hooked! So I am curious if I will be able to join the beta or get a beta key or is it just not the time for me and I have to wait till the next beta? Thank you for an answer and the game is amazing :eek:

Alex Walz
07-18-2011, 05:03 PM
The open beta is for the first 4,000 applicants regardless of registration date. We just have a few kinks to work out in the system before it's open to our newer forumers, but it will be shortly.

Newguy12354
07-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry for the early PM then Alex. I sent it to you because I thought the 4000 keys were already gone as I pressed apply and it still said I was too new to get a key yet. I figured they had already been used.

I'll test it later tonight to see if it has changed and I'll PM you again if it doesn't work for me then. Disregard my first PM.

zetadof
07-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Hopefully there will still be some keys left, although I trust the kinks will be worked out for those who have been here shorter than a month but before 7/15.

kungfuchknoodle
07-18-2011, 07:47 PM
It just let me get mine, might be a good time to try the apply button again. :D

Pbravo
07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Just got mine someone pinch me...:D

Danny Vink
07-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Just removed the limit on the accounts, should work for everyone now

doguso
07-18-2011, 11:48 PM
I have a key to the beta and downloaded the client through the application link. When I went to install the game, I received this error.

Error 1001. InstallUtilLib.dll: CorBindToRuntimeHost (hr=0x80070002): The system cannot find the file specified.

Creaturemagic
07-19-2011, 01:02 AM
If your using IE you need to use the Tab key until your on the apply button, then click enter. Its hard to read the CD key though so I would download Google Chrome just for this beta :)

Danny Vink
07-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Just tested it in IE and it worked just fine. Care to elaborate? What version of IE

outbreak99
07-19-2011, 02:19 AM
For your kind perusal our Game Developer. The print screen picture should be able to gives you the idea on why so many said that the apply button cannot be click.

Also, as many have suggested, a simple step of using the keyboard tab key shall be able to turn things around.

Creaturemagic
07-19-2011, 05:11 AM
For your kind perusal our Game Developer. The print screen picture should be able to gives you the idea on why so many said that the apply button cannot be click.

Also, as many have suggested, a simple step of using the keyboard tab key shall be able to turn things around.

Yep thats the problem. Anyway, I used chrome and got mine :). Was worth the Chrome download, although I still have 1300 files left to download.

Danny Vink
07-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Ok there's a temporary fix for the moment

razen
07-29-2011, 01:52 AM
hi how can i ge a key?

Lashley
08-06-2011, 09:58 AM
yeah, how do i getta key?

Jardian
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
All you have to do is click here to reguster. It gives you a key. Top right of the page once your logged in. Has been giveing keys for days.